Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,421 reviews matching the search See all 1,429 reviews
Two thumbs down
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 15, 2018
You get paid well but work more than 60 hours a week, no life / work balance, benefits are awful, there is no state of the art training. If lucky a few days explanation of duties and off you go.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Long hours, double duties, no real benefits, no work/life balance
Self centered
Account Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 15, 2018
enjoyed working in elderly setting in a long term care facility,
i feel upper management was not caring for the lower paying staff members,
was not supported when i wanted to recognize staff for outstanding job.
Pros
work scheduled
Cons
limited resources
Moving in the right direction
Registered dietitan (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 15, 2018
HCSG has many opportunities for advancement. I have worked my way up the ladder by communicating well with others, working hard and always finding ways to improve my own work situation.

They recently opened a new clinical division and are making strides to improve benefits, vacation time, competitive salary.
They are the largest employer of dietitians in the country and are working very hard to be the employer of choice.
Pros
Opportunity for Advancement, Lots of support and resources to reach out to
Cons
health benefits could be improved
Job From H***
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,Texas and Temple, TexasAugust 14, 2018
I worked 50 plus hours a week. Barely no days off. I worked 3 months straight with no off day! Lots and lots of paperwork. No hours for employees to finish daily job duties or for training. Employees not getting paid for weeks or months! No training for managers your basically thrown in the position! Low pay
working environment
Manger in Training (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAAugust 14, 2018
the residents of the many facilities that i worked at were a pleasure to get to know. The management needed a lot of work. the other employees were a pleasure to work with and get to know.
Not the worst, not close to the best either...
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 14, 2018
This company is ever growing. Room for advancement, however do not buy into the their 'state of the art training programs'. I was thrown into account manager with little to no training or support. I had to teach my self how to use machines, manage the building, and all the little things that come up on a day to day basis. If your building is unionized, dont expect to get any training on these guidelines either, read the manual.

Perks:
Most of youe coworkers are nice people.

You get to run the show at your building... sort of.

Work is lower on the stress end (but has its moments).

I enjoy the movement provided by labor intensive jpb description, not a desk job by any means. Youll be running around most days sweating.

Cons:
PAY IS GARBAGE- as a manager youd expect to have a living wage, wrong. Stress is not worth pay or tike spent working.

No benefits, 401k, ect

youre on call 24/7 & good luck finding any staff that will show up and actually do their job. Also you dont get overtime for covering shifts.

No support for training but youll get an earfull when you make mistakes
Pros
Self Manage, independent work
Cons
On call 24/7, no training, no benefita, no support, under staffed
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Godfrey, ILAugust 13, 2018
good slow paste working environment good friendly people good management ok pay no benefits no over time but over all its a job if you need one i say take it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Worst Place ever don't do it
Account Manager/Environmental Director (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 13, 2018
This was the worst company I have ever worked. The pay is small and the hours are long. I actually had to go file with the labor board because they didn't pay me my check. And come to find out they have over 10 cases against them for the same thing. Not paying their employees. And if you thought theres training your sadly mistaken. They throw you to the wolves and blame you for a job your not trained to do. Be cautious about working here. I don't see them lasting as a company much longer.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Worst company to work for
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. The one who suffer the most are the residents who get a company that is habitually understaffed and given poor training and sub par cleaning materials.
Pros
Cons
Very poorly managed company. All about saving money at the cost of resident care.
lots and lots of work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 10, 2018
I would not recommend working here. If you do choose to work for this company make sure you have very thick skin. Stressful! Hard to work with some of the people who work there because they are so disgruntled. Your best is never good enough. You can never catch up. lack of caring and understanding from experienced employees. Company lacks good training. dietary manager was super nice and helped a lot. you could see the effort. Company is the issue.
Hectic environment
Medilodge of Richmond, Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
This job is the kind of job where you can't be sick or miss work, otherwise you have to make up extra time. The clients served and chosen in many accounts are unprofessional and the environment extremely toxic.
Stressed filled
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2018
15 minute stand up with staff, Getting assignments from management and conduct your day and make sure linen in on the floor for the residents. Responsible for building linen pars and conducting Quality Control Inspections of staff, housekeeping, floor care and laundry. Developing work assignments for all shifts. Hiring, discharging and vacation, sick and personal time.
Pros
Good learning experience to move up
Cons
Upper management does not support lower management
High demand for low pay
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIAugust 8, 2018
Healthcare Services Group as an account manager would not be a bad job if the pay and benefits were better. This position is salaried and can be highly demanding in time. While I was a dietary manager for HCSG I worked over 50 hours every week. Training was poor, I received 3 days of training before being left on my own as the manager.
Pros
Free food in dietary
Cons
poor benefits and pay
Worst place I have ever worked!! Run!!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 8, 2018
This was by far the worst place I have ever worked!! The Dm lies on a daily basis. Their boss is no better . You receive no training and are given No hours for training your employees! You spend all your time at work. There is no life outside of work. You ask for help and you are treated like a stepchild. The DM tells your workers what they want to hear to get them to do the job and then never follows through with his promises. The checks are always messed up and it’s almost impossible to get them fixed. You are always short staffed
Pros
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no training, always short staffed
good place to work for
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 8, 2018
Will be a good place to interact with people own a everyday basis. The day at work is checking in on what floor we have to work on, manager keep check on your progress.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
there's any
need new management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Its a ok place to work but less money and also the management is very poor in augusta ga I recommend no one to work there unless you can deal with a boss that sits down on fb all day (yes) and leave the crew hanging plenty of times only if the head office knows why they cant keep no one at that building they have ran away a lot of great people
Management Is Poor / Equiment Is Broke / Understaff
Aide (Former Employee) –  StephenvilleAugust 5, 2018
Management is poor equipment is broke no matter how many time you tell someone it doesn't get fix maintenance for senior care is poor kitchen staff is treated unfair manager doesn't come in when short handed
Pros
Poor work place
Cons
Lack of communication
Hard work not enough compensation
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 4, 2018
You work hard for this company and do not recieve enough compensation. Pay raises are few and far between. Thete are no benefits. Management is poor. Very demanding.
Cons
Low pay
Stay Away Don't Apply
Dietary Director/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 4, 2018
When I was hired my manager gave me the moon benefits are great, work life balance is great, pay is great.. Run don't walk away from this company. You are always short staffed and expected to be there 24/7. I was told the benefits were great but with a 6500.00 detuctable
why have insurance at all. They say that they have state of the art training...guess what they have none and when you make a mistake the district manager gets all over you. My advice is stay away the company rips off clients and unfortunately the workers in the trenches don't reap the benefits.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILAugust 4, 2018
I have the most wonderful manager. She is very hands on, she works with us to make sure that we can expand our knowledge to better understand how our job should be done. A typical work day starts with clocking in and asking what has to be done and then loading a cart with the equipment we will need and getting our checklist done in a timely fashion. Since working with healthcare services I have learned how to balance time more efficiently since each patients room has to be cleaned and sanitized before a certain time. The hardest part of the job is remembering to take a break when it gets busy. Patients like to linger in the hallways or their rooms, when they are having a good day and like to chat we have to cut conversations short to ensure we get our jobs done. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see patients get better, seeing them have good days is what makes my day more lively!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight