Healthcare Solutions Team Employee Reviews

Family Atmosphere, Very Positive Representation of Agents and Staff
Agent - Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 21, 2018
This company and opportunity has changed my life! I truly like what I do and sometimes I hardly consider it WORK. You really get to talk to people and help solve their problems, everyone has a need for what we provide, and once you acquire clients and if you care for them appropriately, you KEEP them. It is a business that is always growing.

You'll hear from the one's who stick this out, that is is difficult at first, but once you stay at it and work hard, you WILL make it. Not everyone will become a star, or get there quickly, but at your own pace, you will make a great living!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, work when you want, as much (or as little) as you want. The company supports their agents very well.
Cons
Don't walk away from negativity, you must run from it!
Great Job
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 28, 2018
I recommend Healthcare Solutions Team to anybody who wants to excel. This company is good to work for and it rewards those who work hard.The people that work here are a great support team.
very independent
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOFebruary 25, 2018
working on your own, on the phones all day long calling leads and selling health care, dental ,vision and life ins . could work form home , once a week training and .
Pros
work form hoe
Cons
no base pay
Great opportunity for someone who is driven to succeed on their own.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 26, 2018
A typical day would involve reaching out to prospective clients to offer them health insurance options weather its over the phone or in person. I learned a lot about health insurance in general, and how non transparent the industry is. Management is easy to work with and provide support. The workplace culture is very relaxed and you come and go as you need since you are your own boss. The hardest part of the job is consistently staying busy because there are down times throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and income earning potential along with working with a very supportive group overall.
Pros
Building your own business, being your own boss, bonuses
Cons
100% commission
Love working with Healthcare Solutions Team - Robin H.
Executive Agent (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 30, 2017
Fantastic Group of People and Management. It is like a family atmosphere. The sky is the limit with compensation. Fantastic life and work balance. Love working with this company!
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Commission based insurance sales. Good competitive environment.
Both team and individual oriented very driven sales organization. Weekly meetings with coaching and training.
Good Place To Work
Managing Partner/Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 18, 2017
HST is a good place to work...the only real down sides are the volatility of the health insurance industry and the fact it is 100% commission. I have learned a lot about sales...I had never been in a sales environment until working at HST.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
100% commission, volatility of health insurance industry
new agent
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 14, 2017
If you are new to the industry, basically management wants free telemarketers who pay for leads, bring your own computer and phone. Correct, you will not get a work station with computer and phone to prospect. Later, you'll find out that you'll be asked to pay cubicle rent.

You will be selling short-term, health plans which do not comply with the basic standards of the Affordable Care Act, leaving the customer with weak coverage and tax exposure.

They talk a lot about trips, restaurants, and how much fun it is to drink on the company's dime.
Pros
Positive, up-beat culture to keep the ball rolling.
Cons
No base pay. No basic work station. It's exploitive.
Endless earning potential
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 16, 2017
This job allows freedom for you to do what you want. The key is, as in anything, you must work for it. It is all about numbers, it will pay off but you must do the work.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Going through several "NO" to get the "Yes"
Very good company
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 1, 2017
In a very uncertain health insurance environment HST is a very good company to work for. You are a 1099 employee, so you control your destiny. Management is extremely helpful and supportive.
fun easy vibe
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 21, 2017
flexible work hours, management is understanding . good vibes in working area, lunches lunches. I did not enjoy a "double " work day everyday . breaks are adiquite
Pros
long lunch
Cons
works off commission
awesome
LICENSED BROKER (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaMay 18, 2017
great work at home job. good balance if you have a family........this is crazy that i have to fill this out just to post my resume. i do not want to review this company
Na
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 17, 2017
Great opportunities for the right person, mostly learn as you go, little training provided. My mentor has proven to be of the most value to me. You must have time and patience for success.
Awesome Opportunity
Independent Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 10, 2017
Highly recommend, just follow the advice of the pros

Everyone can do it, its not rocket science

Hard work will pay off...just stay focused...don't listen to the negativity
Fun if yu manage your time well between prospects
Executive Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
The business can be extremely fun and rewarding however recent changes to the Health Insurance industry will have a negative impact on your earning potential.
You must be a self starter as you work independently.
Pros
Great people interaction and earning potential..
Cons
You must pay for your own leads and this may affect your start up.
Awesome place to work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  st charlesJuly 25, 2016
Great place to work. Great people. Great opportunity. Great job benefits. Great products. The atmosphere is great. Great management team.
Great Opportunity for well disciplined and goal orientated
Sr Healthcare Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZFebruary 3, 2016
My husband works here and he makes 6 figures and after 2 yrs of hard work he is now vested with HST. It's 1099, straight commission but he's his own boss and you have the flexibility between personal and business. This is the happiest I've seen him with a career. This opportunity has been a blessing to our family. If you can go without a paycheck once you start for about 90 days it's worth it. It takes a couple months to ramp up but once you start getting paid its worth it. We paid off our credit card debt and we are able to take lavish vacations.
You need to be very self disciplined with this job. It's not for everyone obviously but if you like to work from home it has wonderful benefits that out weigh the negatives.
Pros
Good commissions and employer/employee culture
Cons
1099 comission only
December 5, 2016

Thank you for your well-illustrated feedback. Your explanation is what we hope everyone sees in this opportunity. At the Home Office we deeply believe that this role is definitely providing work-life balance with an opportunity to build your own future as big or as small as you like. We also agree that it is not the right fit for all, but those who work well in a self-paced, entrepreneurial environment should find great success at Healthcare Solutions Team (HST).

I just started so too early to tell yet
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 19, 2015
Heavily oriented to cold calling and term health insurance.
A typical day is 100 calls unless you are creating quotes and writing business.
Not fun place to work.
Associate Agent, Life Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
They get you in the door, say it will be easy, it is not.
They need to mention that you must be good in sales, if so and you do not mind misleading people then you can make a lot of money there.
Pros
nice office coffee etc.
Cons
gotta pay for parking
June 1, 2016

Thanks for the feedback. We pride ourselves in transparency. When potential candidates come into our office we offer an overview so you are aware of all the company offers and what is required to be successful prior to interviewing. We do not intentionally mislead any candidates. Our Home Office is in Lombard, IL. There is no charge for parking. Our local satellite offices have free parking as well. We apologize if you were given a different area to park but on initial thought, we cannot figure out where you would have been that you would have paid for parking.

Great sales experience
Health and Life Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 12, 2015
I learned about sale culture and managing many accounts. I enjoyed the job because I had to put effort into making the sales. If I didn't do well then it wasn't anyone else's fault but my own. The co-workers were all selling so minimal contact but again, I stayed at my desk and was selling.
I didn't mind the Monday sales meeting because it is designed to motivate you to sell so you can go on trips.
You do need to be articulate and understand what you are selling so I did feel bad for some agents that were not getting sales due to slow day, unmotivation, or inability to communicate.
Pros
Trips
Cons
You didn't get a paycheck it was all commission
December 5, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to improve to make the experience better for all. We are a 1099 company which means that in accepting a role here, our agents are clear that this is not a W2 salaried opportunity but a role that offers commissions, bonuses, incentives and trips. So paychecks are received for the applications processed but in a 1099 format - if this is unclear, certainly connect with the leader or the Home Office for some additional clarity. We always want to make sure we are transparent.

The income potential does not have a cap. With the right focus and dedication, particularly up front, the more successful we hope you'll be!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Solutions Team. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthcare Solutions Team Reviews by Location