Healthcare Solutions Team Employee Reviews

Excellent product mix available to sell
Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILNovember 18, 2018
This is great company if your interested in selling Healh, Life, Short term or group insurance. Great training, culture and compensation. It is 100% commission but to those who work hard at it, they are building a life time business.
Contract job
Self Employed Contractor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 2, 2018
1099 contract job that has no benefits but mangers and coworkers are very nice and helpful.
There are startup costs.
They provide training in Chicago but you must pay for transportation.
Lots of cold calling on cold leads.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
No benefits
Sales Job in health benefits
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 24, 2018
If you enjoy talking on the phone and over the phone sales, this company is great, they also give you multiple opportunities for leads/sales. Flexible schedule and working from home is a huge plus!
Pros
Leads
Cons
Self-employed and no benefits
good job before changes in healthcare
Insurance Agent (work from home) (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 7, 2018
If you work hard you can make good money. The healthcare industry is very unstable right now with everything happening in Washington is very difficult to sell during open enrollment now. Few carriers are accepting ACA plans.
Pros
work freedom
Cons
unstable industry.
Work for yourself.
District Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2018
This is the best landing spot for anyone in the Healthcare space. I didn't have sales experience because I always thought of it as a slimey endeavor. This company taught me how to be a respected consultant that always does right by my client. If you are willing to set your excuses aside and learn the business you will make 6 figures in 3 years. All of today's insurance is sold over the phone. Took me some time to get over the fear of picking up the phone. No salary all commission initially frightened me but if you go all in you'll succeed. So grateful for this opportunity.
Pros
Unlimited earnings and ability to work remote.
Cons
Having to self motivate.
great job
Part Time Health/Life Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 23, 2018
if you put in the hours success is upon the horizon. can become contracted with a tremendous array of carriers which is as good as any other FMO. definitely a good place to work
Pros
work from home
Cons
months before consistent income
good opportunity
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 26, 2018
good opportunity if you have time and money and additional job. You might be fortunate enough to make a living from this type of work. I did not. Too many people not returning calls or answering requests.
Awesome Company
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 26, 2018
The insurance industry can be described as the hardest money you will ever make. This is so true. If you can make it through the first year, you are golden. Fortunately, at HST, there is a world of training, support and FREE leads. Awesome place to call home.
Love working with Healthcare Solutions Team - Robin H.
Executive Agent (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 30, 2017
Fantastic Group of People and Management. It is like a family atmosphere. The sky is the limit with compensation. Fantastic life and work balance. Love working with this company!
Ask more questions before you decide to go with them
Broker (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 28, 2018
I was told a lot of things to get me in the door. These things turned out not to be correct. Eg) you'll make around $50,000 your first year and an additional $20,000 during open enrollment. I made about $30,000 my first 16 months.

I was told to make calls. "You will see money in your bank account if you make 100 calls a day."

I made 200-300 calls per day. I worked 6 days a week.

You have to stay for 5 years before the clients become yours.

The commission you will receive is much lower than street level (what you could get if you got appointed on your own).

You will get free leads as well as access to paid leads as well as a free CRM and training. My leader (manager) provided EXCELLENT training.

You will hear a lot of lies but apparently, some people make a lot of money.
Pros
You learn how to sell their products and about insurance in general
Cons
Deceptive

Want to know more about Healthcare Solutions Team?

Ask a question
You are your own buisness
Independent Broker (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLSeptember 14, 2018
This job allows you to be your own boss and build your own business. It gives the flexibility to market yourself any way you choose and to truly create your own schedule.
Pros
Freedom to create your own schedule and build your own buisness
Cons
building takes time. Building a book of buisness and generating leads is the hardest part
Sucks
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2018
Surprised their still in Business. Junk Equipment. They lie to get business. Spend more time replacing defective equipment then you should. Customer service thinks you should work 12-16 hrs.
Cons
HST loves you where ever you are
Independent Broker (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 3, 2018
I contracted with HST a little over 1 year ago and the only thing that I have been disappointed in is that I didn't contract sooner!! HST is a company that is full of good people who are consistently encouraging your success. This is a career ideal for people who are ready to invest in themselves in order to create a well balanced work and social life, strong residual income and pursue the want of being a part of a company that treats you like family! The most comforting thing I have heard in the past year is that "we love you where you are". The sales world can be a dog eat dog world but since you are your own boss everyone cheers you on when you make that first sale, when you get that second promotion in 6 months or when hit your partnership bonus (weather you hit it in 6 months or 6 years). The beauty of it is that it doesn't matter where you are on the leader board, if you are happy HST is happy too. No great success comes easy so you should expect to get out what you put in. HST does also give you access to technology that is consistently evolving in order to keep the most competitive edge on our ever changing market. This allows us brokers to help our clients stay up to date which puts a great amount of value on you and your business. I have found my best and last career and am grateful for it everyday!
Pros
Company Trips, You are the Boss, Surrounded by Good People, Work from Home
Cons
I have no cons but this may be tough for someone who can not be their own motivation for success
Hard Work Pays off
District Partner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
HST is an excellent place for individuals looking to control there own life and pay check and gives individuals an excellent oppurtunity to succeed.

Management is set up to help you learn and succeed.

Definitely need to be self motivated and eager to learn and ready to adapt to change in the industry.

Income is excellent and un-limited.
Pros
Management, Structure, family environment.
Cons
Difficult at beginning, will be lost until you find groove.
Own your career
Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 16, 2018
I am a health and life insurance agent. This position is not a job. Its a career and business opportunity. You own your own business, your career and your future. Healthcare Solutions Team gives you all the training, products, resources and assistance you need to be successful. After that, it's up to you. I cannot say enough good things about this company. I can work anytime and anywhere I have a phone and an internet connection. Everyone is helpful and everyone wants you to succeed.
Pros
Control your schedule and how much money you earn.
Cons
100% commission. You have to work to make it happen
Very fast paced but a friendly environment.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 30, 2018
This job is very good oppurtunity for nurses, physical therapies, speech therapies and occupational therapies in terms of exposure to different kinds of people with different health issues. My experience being a catering manager for 12 years is very useful in organizing appreciation galas and patient in service events.
Pros
Having my own schedule so I can take care of my catering business.
Cons
No benefit and not enough hours/pay to support my needs.
An Industry Leader
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 30, 2018
The amount of training and support these people offer is off the charts. While I am a 1099 employee, they still offer an abundance of training and programs designed to promote my success as an individual. They do not set unrealistic goals and the amount of sales required to remain contracted is minimal, very minimal. This makes it ideal for someone who can't afford to jump right in and may need to maintain another full time income position. The bonus programs and path to partnership make a 6 figure income not only possible, but reality for many, most without college degrees. It should be the last stop on my lifetime career path.
Pros
Full Autonomy
Cons
There are no cons I can think of, This is a true 1099 contract employer, It may not be the right fit for someone who can not manage their own time and expenses, or is lacking in motivation.
Taking care of clients
Health Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
Making outbound calls to people who requested a quote for insurance and seeing how you can help them find the insurance they need. Lots of phone time
Pros
Bonus'
incredible opportunity with genuine caring people
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 23, 2018
HST provides the opportunity to make more money than a doctor or attorney while setting your own schedule and having total freedom to live life the way you want. Staff and management are wonderful. Helping others is rewarding. Must be a self starter and disciplined to work from home. The opportunity takes a few months of determination in the beginning to get the pipeline of clients going.
Family Atmosphere, Very Positive Representation of Agents and Staff
Agent - Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 21, 2018
This company and opportunity has changed my life! I truly like what I do and sometimes I hardly consider it WORK. You really get to talk to people and help solve their problems, everyone has a need for what we provide, and once you acquire clients and if you care for them appropriately, you KEEP them. It is a business that is always growing.

You'll hear from the one's who stick this out, that is is difficult at first, but once you stay at it and work hard, you WILL make it. Not everyone will become a star, or get there quickly, but at your own pace, you will make a great living!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, work when you want, as much (or as little) as you want. The company supports their agents very well.
Cons
Don't walk away from negativity, you must run from it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Solutions Team. Our community is ready to answer.