Healthcare Solutions WNY Employee Reviews

very caring
biller (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 10, 2017
I am giving a different perspective of Healthcare Solutions. Ive been an employee there for 4 years and this is the only employer that I have worked for where a person can have a family crisis and get the time they need to deal with it. But the amazing part of this scenario is
the loving, caring and general concern from the site managers and especially the office manager. When an employee is overwhelmed and mentally drained but still has a lot of work to do and the office manager takes the time to console her and reassure her that everything will be fine when it comes down to it THAT to me is what MATTERS! Yes as the other reviews state the pay is not as high as other places but the CEO cares so much about her employees that she pretty much has guaranteed everyone's jobs NOONE has ever been downsized since I have been there and the is absolutely no discrimination we at HCSWNY are a melting pot of people! I have been on both sides as an employer and employee and I truly recommend if you want a job at HCS you will be accepted into the family.
Pros
nice place to work
Good Company to Work For
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, New YorkDecember 30, 2016
Because I am a longstanding employee; I would like to provide a rebuttal to the unfair reviews that have been given regarding Healthcare Solutions WNY.
It is true that employees have come and gone but the various reasons need to be mentioned as to why the employees left::
Employees left due to moving out of state, retirement, sickness and disability,different type of career opportunity, family obligations and there are other employees who left and also returned.
It is unfortunate that Management has been viewed in such a negative way because Management has the difficult position of assimilating gifts, talents, skills and personality of each employee to the working environment and vision of the company. There is no "one size fits all" solution or answer for any employer or employee for all situations that occur.
I would also like to emphasize that Management has shown themselves to be caring, forthright and supportive when dealing with employee illness. That should be very important to any employee to know that they have an employer who provides this important affirmation to their employees in the time of need.
If there was as bad a problem working at Healthcare Solutions WNY as the negative reviews would have you to believe; there would be far more negative reviews being posted.
Healthcare Solutions WNY is 'NOT" the negative reviews you see here. It is a workplace of many wonderful and fun employees to work with which makes Healthcare Solutions WNY the right employer for any employee.
unprofessional management
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 30, 2016
I was employed by Healthcare Solutions for approximately 8 months. I gave my 2 week notice without having another job. The environment became unbearable. I did not leave because of pay or benefits. My first day of work I was presented with an extremely dirty cublicle and it was saturated with another employees "stuff". A very bad first impression. I also sat next to an employee that consistently spoke to insurance companies and patients in a most belligerent manner. I was appalled.
After months of listening to this I finally complained and somehow it was twisted that it was me that had the problem. And astonishingly, my supervisor not only defended the employee but told me about the employee's breast cancer!!! There is a significant lack of leadership and a work culture of inappropriateness, poor management and personal feuds. And there is a destructive nature of "favoritism".
Pros
some excellent employees
Cons
read my review
Medical Billing
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 7, 2016
As with any job, there are pros and cons. I feel Healthcare Solutions of WNY is a decent place to work, all in all. The previous reviews of this company, in my opinion, are quite harsh and do not reflect the many positives this company has to offer.

In other reviews, it states that Healthcare Solutions of WNY has a high turnover. The turnover rate is not very high, in all honesty. There are many employees that have been there for decades, and many previous employees that return to Healthcare Solutions after leaving for other competitors. ( this should speak volumes for this company)

The pay scale is a little low, BUT, raises are given. The health benefits start immediately, where as at other companies, you have to wait 90 days to get any benefits. They have many other benefits you can choose from for small deductions from pay. For instance, eye and dental coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee.

Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Friendly work environment.

Management does their job. They are VERY reasonable, and realize situations arise in life and allow flexibility. (as long as the privilege is not abused, of course) Management, HR, will always make time for concerns to be discussed and addressed.

The office is centrally located, on bus lines if needed, close to thruway, shops, restaurants. Free employee parking.
Pros
Benefits, flexibilty, location, friendly environment
Cons
slightly lower pay scale that larger companies
Beware
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 7, 2016
Management is horrible and not very professional. This place has more turn around because they take the hardest working employees and they degrade them. They never give raises and they don't have incentives but they will over work you. There are a few employees that get away with harassing the rest of the employees and the management allows it. Do not work for this place it -you have been warned
Not a healthy envionment
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 11, 2016
The "Billing Director" does not promote a healthy or welcoming work environment. I was employed at Healthcare Solutions for over two years and would never re-apply there for a position. There is a lot of turn-around and it is my belief that the billing director coupled with the fact that raises are non-existent result in the turn-around.
Very productive. Coworkers were very helpful
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Appropriately assign CPT, ICD 9 and dual coding for ICD 10.
Learned to navigate around CMS website. MSN Matters. Catholic Health Systems. Medent. Co workers were quite helpful. Hardest part of the job was computer issues. Frozen websites. Most enjoyable was the feeling of accomplishment.
Potential Employees Beware
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 2, 2013
The worst part of the job is management. The owner has repeatedly told employees she never wanted to be involved in running the business and said she was forced to be the sole owner. Raises are non existent. Since the owner has taken over the company about 8 years ago there hasn't been raises. In the two and a half years that I worked there at least 50 employees have come and gone. They are always hiring because they can't keep employees because they refuse to pay decent wages and insurance benefits are definitely lacking. There is so much tension and unhappiness in this office. I was verbally harassed and when I told the office manager, she decided that doing nothing was the best option for her. She told me the reason why she wasn't going to confront the employee because she didn't want to be screamed too. Another employee threatened to bring a gun into the office and shoot the office manager on Facebook and nothing was done. The AC is broken so in the winter time the AC is blasting. It's tolerable in summer but in the winter I would wear a winter jacket, gloves, hat, scarf, sweatshirt, thermal shirt and another shirt under that everyday all day. When I put my two weeks in none of the managers would talk to me and never even said good bye on my last day. Of course, there were people I'm going to miss dearly. Two co-workers in particular. They would take their own money to buy decorations to decorate desks when an employee has a birthday. They made working there tolerable. They deserve better than healthcare solutions.
Cons
Pretty much the worst job ever......Beware

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Solutions WNY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8