HealthCare Support Staffing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing all around
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 1, 2018
This is honestly a great place to work. My coworkers are hands down the best and the management team is great! I could not have asked for a better Team. A typical day at work would be sitting in your cubicle on the phone all day speaking with members and providers and occasionally getting up to retrieve your forms that you printed. It's easy work and great pay. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I always do :)
Great placement!
Program Coordinator (Centene Corp) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2018
I highly recommend this company. They quickly found me a good job that went to perm. The pay was excellent, especially for a Florida company. It was an easy process.
Cons
No cons
June 18, 2018

Thanks for the great review. We are happy we were able to help!

Enjoyable experience
Clinical Pharmacist for Catamaran Rx (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
Working for healthcare support staffing was a wonderful experience. It allowed me to discover an aspect of healthcare of which I was previously unaware.
June 18, 2018

What wonderful feedback! Thanks for sharing. We are so happy to have opened a new door for you!

productive workplace environment
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  missouriJune 4, 2018
This was an upbeat and great learning experience; i was provided with excellent training, a diverse atmosphere, loved the workplace environment culture.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
lunch and breaks timed no liability to create your own timed breaks
June 18, 2018

Wonderful review. We are happy to hear we were able to match you with a position where the job duties and environment both fit your needs.

Great place to start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 18, 2018
Mondays was a heavy call volume, learned a lot of health care system and how claims are process. My recruiter was a great help, he provided me with very important information and keet me well informed. Very good management team you can always count on.

It was a very good experience, I enjoyed working with them every single day.
June 18, 2018

Thank you so much! We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience working with our agency and the company you were placed at.

very educational
Scanner (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 14, 2018
I work for Aide Atlanta thru healthcare support agency, I learned a lot and it was a interesting place to work. I would defiantly recommend this place of employment, and would love to work there full time.
Pros
educational
Cons
no full time postions offered
June 18, 2018

We are happy you enjoyed your position, albeit temporary. HealthCare Support has other clients who offer permanent and temp to perm positions too.

Not transparent with terms of contract between HCS and Facility
Infusion Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 13, 2018
I don't believe that this agency was honest about the terms of the contract they had with the company I worked for. Ask a lot of questions about transitioning from temporary to permanent.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job security, No benefits... at all.
June 18, 2018

I am sorry your experience was less than excellent. I assure you we have terms set in place well before we begin staffing for any of our clients. I wonder if your recruiter may have been a newer employee of ours who was not yet aware of the transition process. Nonetheless we apologize for this.

Great people and fast-paced work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2018
Physician referral service that involved customers to call into our center looking for a primary physician, surgeon, etc. I would give the customer(s) the appropriate phone number and transfer them to the physician's office.

Supervisors and co-workers were a very cohesive group and it was very enjoyable working there.
Pros
People I worked for and with
Cons
travel time and distance
April 25, 2018

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to here you enjoyed the assignment. Let us know if we can help place you in another great opportunity that is closer to home.

Needs improvement
Pre-Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2018
There is no work/life balance on the job site that I was sent to. If you have a medical issue or anything of the sort, there is no time off and you will be reprimanded for taking the time off. The job is customer service based/production and you take back to back calls all day. Inbound and outbound. You may get an evening break, but most of the time your morning breaks are not allowed due to the work load.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
No breaks, back to back calls all day, outbound and inbound, patients are mean
April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review HSS and your assignment. We apologize for the lack of work/life balance and would love to have a second chance at matching you with a better opportunity.

Temp assignment, great pay, hired full time!
Temp appointment (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 7, 2018
The reps were great. They kept in touch and updated me often. They negotiated with the client and converted me from tempt to full time!

I worked at a local hospital doing medical billing and follow up.
Pros
Great pay, good assignment, benefits available
Cons
They changed reps a bit too often
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your review of HealthCare Support. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the assignment and were taken permanent with our client. We apologize for changing your rep often. We recently adjusted our teams to accommodate new business and are hopeful that the adjustments made should suffice for a good amount of time.

Best Agency for a CONTRACTOR
HEDIS (MEDICAL Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 3, 2018
Hired as a contractor by Health Care Support and have been impressed by there staff. They are efficient and help you from the day you submit your interview, interview for the company, first day of the company and ongoing support. I commend this agency as they made sure I was taken care from finish to start and any questions were answered on a timely basis.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are happy to hear that you were impressed with our attention to detail throughout the on boarding and during your assignment. Please let us know how we can get 5 stars from you.

N/a
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL, TampaMarch 28, 2018
Took a few assignments with them. They always low ball you in pay. They're sketchy when it comes to feedback. That's not a place that I would recommend for contract work.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We hope you give us a shot on another assisgnment in the future. Please know that we are always educating our clients on the current market salaries and are your biggest advocate in being paid more.

n/a
Direct Placement Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 26, 2018
Fun place to work, enjoyed employees and management alike. Strong compensation package + Work/Life balance. I would recommend Healthcare Support to anyone looking for employment.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are very happy to know you enjoy being a part of the HSS Team!

Great Work Place
Medicare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 23, 2018
This company send me to a great place to work until I was given a permanent position.
I'm grateful this agency gave me the opportunity to enhance my abilities.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled we were able to assist you in keeping your skills relevant and learning new skills!

Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 20, 2018
Do not waist your time with this company!!! They are very unprofessional. They do not answer their phones nor do they return any calls, and will lie and say the positions are no longer available when they've just posted!!!
April 25, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you feel you wasted your time working with us. I'm sure you are aware just how competitive finding employment in the healthcare industry is. This plays a direct role in how long our positions are open for. Once we have identified several potential candidates for a position we place the job order on "hold" and begin working on another. Sometimes this can happen in a matter of an hour. Please consider adjusting your ratings and know we are doing our best to help hundreds of job seekers each day. Best of luck!

Good culture, but poor management, salary, and work life balance.
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Company culture is good, but lacks supportive management. Work/life balance is almost nonexistent for pay that is below market value and the many extensive hoops one has to jump through to ever see a dime of their commission. Everyone is disposable and just a number. Accounts are taken from capable account managers and distributed as management sees fit to ensure more money in the company's pocket.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent benefits
Cons
Excess stress on numbers, poor management, low salary with ridiculous commission requirements
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad that HealthCare Support was not a fit for you. Recruiting is naturally a demanding job, but we do our best to make HSS a fun place to work to help off-set the pressures that someone new to recruiting may feel. Our employees are our most valuable asset and are not looked upon as disposable. We wish you the best finding your next career.

Temp position
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 5, 2018
Temporary position sold as a "work into fulltime". Recruiters are salesmen and do their best to sell you on a position that is only temporary. Lack of communication is a key to not having a good culture.
Pros
Temp position
Cons
Temp position, lack of communication, sales technique
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you felt misled. For clarity we offer 3 employment types. Contract (set amount of time, usually 3 months), Right to Hire (also know as Temp to Perm which begins as a temporary position and has the potential to go perm) and Direct Hire (permanent positions with our client from the start). We hope you will consider giving us another chance now knowing a bit more about each employment type.

Medical Collector
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Temporary assignments placed by HealthCare Support to different companies. All job assignments were based on length of the projects and subject to my availability and approval.
Health care supprt
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Working for Health care Support was a initially a very simple process. My recruiters made the hiring process very smooth for me & ensured me work as I was a temporary contractor. I'd recommend a friend or family to Healthcare support staffing
Pros
They find you work quickly
Cons
some of the clients are not the best to work for.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a smooth and simple on boarding process. We have clients in several verticals of healthcare and many of which are Fortune 500 companies. There's something for everyone :) Please tell your friends about us.

Open Door Policy - NOT!
Medical Record Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Company seems to be a great place to work, but when expressing concerns to recruiter, "door slams". The hardest part of the job was meeting company requirements that changed daily, if not weekly with little to no communication between management (client/recruiter). Stressful having to continue an assignment that you later find you are not a good fit for because your concerns for other options or another assignment are disregarded.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Management, Communication, Limited Local Assignments
April 25, 2018

We apologize you had a negative experience. We understand communication is key. In situations like these, we aim to partner with our contractors and clients to resolve and issue, or in your case, clearly define your responsibilities. We hope you will consider us for staffing services in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthCare Support Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.