HealthCare Support Staffing Employee Reviews

Good culture, but poor management, salary, and work life balance.
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Company culture is good, but lacks supportive management. Work/life balance is almost nonexistent for pay that is below market value and the many extensive hoops one has to jump through to ever see a dime of their commission. Everyone is disposable and just a number. Accounts are taken from capable account managers and distributed as management sees fit to ensure more money in the company's pocket.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent benefits
Cons
Excess stress on numbers, poor management, low salary with ridiculous commission requirements
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad that HealthCare Support was not a fit for you. Recruiting is naturally a demanding job, but we do our best to make HSS a fun place to work to help off-set the pressures that someone new to recruiting may feel. Our employees are our most valuable asset and are not looked upon as disposable. We wish you the best finding your next career.

April 25, 2018

Poor communication, no paid time off
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WashingtonNovember 26, 2018
The associate I worked with was not up front about the health benefits. I received minimal training from the company I was placed with, then “let go” for low productivity. I reached out in an email to my associate, to discuss the placement, and he never contacted me.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Communication
December 4, 2018

We apologize for your experience and the lack of communication from your recruiter. To clarify your concerns on benefits and time off, we do offer benefits to all of our contractors/candidates based on the Affordable Care Act. however paid time off is dependent on the state in which the position is based. Once a candidate becomes a permanent employee of our client you begin receiving their benefits which include PTO.

It was okay for what it was
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2018
Its a temp job after getting to the assignment they talk about attendance and the importance of being there. 2 points and your gone! Then you watch the company you were assigned to fight to keep other temp employees from other agencies who where fired over attendance .. but next you yourself could be let go at any moment
Pros
Pay they do attempt to care
Cons
Not stable no pto no paid holidays
December 4, 2018

Attendance has and always will be a very important factor in maintaining employment through our firm and eventually going permanent with our clients. Some clients are more firm than others, but it is common to be released when you have 3 unapproved tardy days.

Great Company
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2018
They help me find a full time job with benefits. My recruiter checked in on me each week to see how I was doing. If I ever need help finding a new job they will ve the first call that I make.
Pros
Excellent Service
Cons
They were a temp service
January 15, 2019

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy you felt taken care of while with HealthCare Support!

It was Temporary assignment.
Paralegal Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 27, 2018
I wish it was direct to hire, it was only a project but it last around 2 years. I enjoye with a passion and gave 200% the company . Great staff and management.
January 15, 2019

Thank you for providing your positive feedback of your employment through HealthCare Support!

Temporary healthcare work assignment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 18, 2018
This was only a temporary assignment that lasted only a few months before a permanent job became available. Not enough experience there to rate them. They were flexible and friendly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your temporary position turned into a permanent one. That's what we're all about!

Not transparent with terms of contract between HCS and Facility
Infusion Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 13, 2018
I don't believe that this agency was honest about the terms of the contract they had with the company I worked for. Ask a lot of questions about transitioning from temporary to permanent.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job security, No benefits... at all.
June 18, 2018

I am sorry your experience was less than excellent. I assure you we have terms set in place well before we begin staffing for any of our clients. I wonder if your recruiter may have been a newer employee of ours who was not yet aware of the transition process. Nonetheless we apologize for this.

n/a
Direct Placement Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 26, 2018
Fun place to work, enjoyed employees and management alike. Strong compensation package + Work/Life balance. I would recommend Healthcare Support to anyone looking for employment.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are very happy to know you enjoy being a part of the HSS Team!

Amazing all around
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 1, 2018
This is honestly a great place to work. My coworkers are hands down the best and the management team is great! I could not have asked for a better Team. A typical day at work would be sitting in your cubicle on the phone all day speaking with members and providers and occasionally getting up to retrieve your forms that you printed. It's easy work and great pay. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I always do :)
July 24, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your time working through our agency. Best of luck for your continued success!

Easy job, nice poeple.
DAVITA MEDICAL GROU0P / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33615December 17, 2018
This was an easy job scanning documents with a lot of very nice people to work with and to ask questions about the various job related topics. Training provided a comfortable transition to the daily tasks I was responsible to do daily.
Pros
Training provided, Nice people, Quiet work environment.
Cons
Impropper amount of staff to do the job, Employees had to work excressive overtime, Contractors allowed overtime.
January 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the client we placed you with, but regret to hear your cons. We hope we are able to help you find gainful employment in another position that allows for a more structured schedule to suit your needs. Best of luck!

Open Door Policy - NOT!
Medical Record Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Company seems to be a great place to work, but when expressing concerns to recruiter, "door slams". The hardest part of the job was meeting company requirements that changed daily, if not weekly with little to no communication between management (client/recruiter). Stressful having to continue an assignment that you later find you are not a good fit for because your concerns for other options or another assignment are disregarded.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Management, Communication, Limited Local Assignments
April 25, 2018

We apologize you had a negative experience. We understand communication is key. In situations like these, we aim to partner with our contractors and clients to resolve and issue, or in your case, clearly define your responsibilities. We hope you will consider us for staffing services in the future.

False Promises, do not believe the hype
Cert. Pharmacy Tech. II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 1, 2018
The only good thing I got out of the agency was the experience. HSS only works for the companies that hired them. To them you're a head count so they can collect their commission. I was promised a permanent position at Envolve within 3 to 6 months, but after a full year of loyalty, it never happened.
Pros
experience, great co-workers
Cons
the companies they work for, temp to fire, toxic, hostile.
December 4, 2018

We apologize for your experience and hope that you can see the benefits in our partnership, such as getting your foot in the door at Envolve, receiving a steady paycheck from HSS and gaining valuable experience. Positions that are listed as Temp to Perm put the candidates (and us) at the mercy of the client. These positions typically convert to permanent employment after a set amount of hours (often 520 hours), however the client may choose to continue to keep the candidate on HSS payroll for longer than that. It is completely up to them.

Needs improvement
Pre-Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2018
There is no work/life balance on the job site that I was sent to. If you have a medical issue or anything of the sort, there is no time off and you will be reprimanded for taking the time off. The job is customer service based/production and you take back to back calls all day. Inbound and outbound. You may get an evening break, but most of the time your morning breaks are not allowed due to the work load.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
No breaks, back to back calls all day, outbound and inbound, patients are mean
April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review HSS and your assignment. We apologize for the lack of work/life balance and would love to have a second chance at matching you with a better opportunity.

productive workplace environment
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  missouriJune 4, 2018
This was an upbeat and great learning experience; i was provided with excellent training, a diverse atmosphere, loved the workplace environment culture.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
lunch and breaks timed no liability to create your own timed breaks
June 18, 2018

Wonderful review. We are happy to hear we were able to match you with a position where the job duties and environment both fit your needs.

Great place to start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 18, 2018
Mondays was a heavy call volume, learned a lot of health care system and how claims are process. My recruiter was a great help, he provided me with very important information and keet me well informed. Very good management team you can always count on.

It was a very good experience, I enjoyed working with them every single day.
June 18, 2018

Thank you so much! We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience working with our agency and the company you were placed at.

Good Company
MEDICAL BILLING AND ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 23, 2018
I didn't work for them long but in the short time they seemed like a good company to work for. I never had any issues. Great pay good experience overall
December 4, 2018

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you trusting us to help you find gainful employment!

it was ok for a contract position
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 10, 2018
Did a lot of credentialing organization for their merging, was fun and interesting but was still only a contract position and not really respected for work completed. Was a good position from the standpoint of learning new procedures.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review and your dedication to the contract. We do offer temp to perm and direct hire positions so please keep us in mind for future employment opportunities as well.

Temp assignment, great pay, hired full time!
Temp appointment (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 7, 2018
The reps were great. They kept in touch and updated me often. They negotiated with the client and converted me from tempt to full time!

I worked at a local hospital doing medical billing and follow up.
Pros
Great pay, good assignment, benefits available
Cons
They changed reps a bit too often
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your review of HealthCare Support. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the assignment and were taken permanent with our client. We apologize for changing your rep often. We recently adjusted our teams to accommodate new business and are hopeful that the adjustments made should suffice for a good amount of time.

Temporary
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2018
Though it was only a temporary position they were very helpful and they make sure that you are satisfied with the process and the job. I wouldn't recommend anybody for a temporary position because there is no security.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review, though we wished it were greater. We understand temporary employment is not for everyone.

Staffing company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2018
This is a staffing company where the ultimate goal is to find a permanent placement within a company. The hours are flexible and the company does it's very best to meet your needs.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for this wonderful review. We couldn't agree more. While we do offer contract positions as well, our goal is to find a perfect match for our candidates and clients resulting in permanent employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthCare Support Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.