Healthcare Therapy Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Supportive, family owned therapy providing company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 10, 2018
I have been a HTS employee at the corporate office for just over 3 years now and I wouldn't want to work for any other company in this field of work because it is a family owned company where the owners/operators match my drive and commitment to make a company in the therapy providing field run smoothly and efficiently. I have excelled in my line of work because of the owners' and managers' at Healthcare Therapy Services support. They are there for you when you need help. It is a relaxed environment where you are pretty independent and just doing your day to day job duties but there is always someone a phone call away if you need advice on how to do your job. I feel like I am a part of a family here. It is also very rewarding to indirectly be helping the older adult population by finding reliable and knowledgeable therapists to work.
Pros
Excellent support from regional directors and CEO/Owners, Great full time benefits, Management is open and supportive to other employees, A career at HTS makes it easy to have a healthy work and home life balance
Love this company! They treat you like family!!
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Southern IndianaApril 9, 2018
I recommend this company to everyone who is looking for a fantastic, ethical, supportive and energetic company that is always striving to improve the lives of our patients, clients, and staff!
Great company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 28, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The pay is competitive and the workers are fantastic! Ive never hear a bad thing about any of the staff. Great work
Company culture was very supportive, family friendly
Graphics & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 19, 2018
Great co-workers. Supportive management. Superiors trusted my judgement and enabled me to take a project and run with it. Loved the everyday challenges and strived to meet project goals.
very nice family oriented people to work for
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette,Salem, New Albany, EvansvilleJanuary 18, 2018
Everyone had their own caseload they managed and worked independently. If assistance was needed however everyone was more than happy to help. Management would frequently schedule inservices/cont ed to help with license requirements. Also, they were more than happy to travel to your facility if needed in any way. and did so in a timely manner.
Pros
family owned company, excellent opportunities for cont. ed, very helpful upper management
Cons
??, they were a great company to work for
Unprofessional Workplace
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2018
Employees unprofessional including management, regional leader never followed through on promises and lack of oversight from all angles. The managers did not run the buildings, certain employees controlled/dictated the way work was run.
Great provider of excellent therapy
PRN Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2018
Fair employer that provides therapy services in a number of locations in the Indianapolis area. Ethical and motivated therapy staff with good directors.
This is a great place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 7, 2017
I've been at HTS for 15 years and I seen extraordinary things from this organization. Working at corporate, I am deeply knowledgeable about the culture, departments and executive team. These people are ethical, honest individuals who never quit working on behalf of their employees and patients they serve. I've had other job offers, I've seen other therapy companies, and they don't hold a candle to HTS. HTS still has its first client it started in 1988. They do what they say they will do. They know their limitations and strive for excellence. They aren't perfect, but they're not crooked either. Not a one of them. And I work for a company whose president practices what he preaches and lives the mission. It's very very cool. I'm not going anywhere
Pros
Ethical, honest, free education, invested in therapy success and supportive environment
Cons
A regional company and not national. Had snags in pulling HR back in house, but currently fixing kinks
Challenging work environment
management and improvement of functional mobility (Current Employee) –  Burkesville, KYOctober 3, 2017
Working with HTS is rewarding because of the different challenges faced with caseload. There is a variety of geriatric diagnoses from orthopedic to severe dementia. The staff at the facilities which I cover promote teamwork to provide the best possible care for the residents and patients. The development of the Rehab to Home units have assisted those individuals to obtain therapy in a cost effective way and to eventually return to their home environment.
Pros
Challenging patients and teamwork within rehab departments.
Cons
Census inconsistent
Dishonest company
PTA (Former Employee) –  INAugust 18, 2017
This is a dishonest company. They will hire you for a position. Have you give 2 week notice to current employer and a week before you start tell you that they lost the contract and you don't have a job. This is a dishonest company. I was told many different things in my interviewing process that should have been red flags.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, Doesnt seem to care about employees
Review
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 7, 2017
Good teamwork and communication throughout the HTS team. HTS makes you feel wanted and part of their family. They try to help in any way. Great company to work for.
HTS Therapy
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 24, 2017
I worked as a Physical Therapist for the past 15 years in a Skilled Nursing Facility with HTS. I absolutely loved my job. There is a team of therapists that are like family to me and I would desire another team-like experience wherever I would work next.

My supervisor, Amy, was amazing to work for and truly did the best job trying to make our jobs run as smoothly as possible. The environment was friendly and well balanced. My coworkers were the best part of being there and thus leaving is what will be the most difficult.
Good
Rehab Manager/Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INApril 22, 2017
Good family owned company that cares about their employees and the patient's they serve. Upper management down to the employees are all good, genuine people.
Fun workplace in a laid-back environment
PRN Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Booneville, KYMarch 1, 2017
I love working PRM here; if only a full-time position were available!! I'd snatch it for sure : ) It can get busy at times with such high productivity standards, but everyone there is so helpful and has such a positive attitude, that it never seems stressful. Challenges are greeted with a smile as a TEAM; no one is left on there own here.
Pros
good pay
Compassionate All-Encompassing Care
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2016
My experience has been that HTS has been flexible with hours to meet the demands of my family and am so grateful of the management to allow. I have learned that there really are compassionate facilities that will meet the individual needs of the patient, not just a cookie-cutter position. The co-workers, to include all departments, genuinely love and care about each other and the patients/residents. It never feels like I am "going to work."
Fun productive workplace but lacking in management
HR Recruiter/Assistant to Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 28, 2015
Management couldn't figure out who was responsible for what duties which resulted in office staff often being intimidated and confused. General day to day duties were fast paced and exciting. Employees are treated as replaceable for a new employee at a lower rate of pay.
Pros
Customer service
At Lutheran Life Villages
PRN, OTR (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INJuly 30, 2015
Therapy program is very good, with excellent staff. I work weekends, vacations, and holidays for their permanent OTR. Nursing staff is very helpful. Facility is clean, staff is very caring, patients get very good care while in Rehab.
Pros
Highly Ethecial
Cons
Small facility
I have a variety of therapist that I work with, in which I learn different approaches to therapeutic techniques.
occupational therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KentuckyMarch 22, 2015
During a typical work day, I treat patients with a variety of diseases and disorders. I help them improve their quality of life by teaching/training compensations and techniques to improve their ADLs while maintaining a safe and secure environment. I, also, provide treatment services developed in collaboration with the OT. The learning process is a constant, on-going process for me. Both the management and my co-workers in all the facilities that I work for are very courteous and helpful and are a pleasure to work with. I believe the hardest part of my job is being a new graduate. I still have a lot to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients. It's never a dull moment!
Pros
The management as well as the regional director are absolutely wonderful!
Cons
I have a part-time, floating position within the company and have to travel distances farther than I would like to.
Dont do it!
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Incompetent manager, insufficient computers for therapists to document, low wages, abysmal benefits, no paid holidays, no sick days, cliche-like atmosphere, never ending redundant paperwork, DO YOU NEED MORE INFO?
Pros
Nice physical facility
Cons
Everything else
Good management.
Certifed Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  INAugust 27, 2014
Helpful personable management! Good company to work for. Good coworkers. Achievable expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Therapy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthcare Therapy Services Reviews by Location