Healthcare Therapy Services Management reviews

Rehab
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 27, 2018
The team is fine but the job sucks. You have other departments telling you how to do your job and you will be doing the work of other people constantly.
Pros
I laugh quite a bit
Cons
the pay sucks
Supportive, family owned therapy providing company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 10, 2018
I have been a HTS employee at the corporate office for just over 3 years now and I wouldn't want to work for any other company in this field of work because it is a family owned company where the owners/operators match my drive and commitment to make a company in the therapy providing field run smoothly and efficiently. I have excelled in my line of work because of the owners' and managers' at Healthcare Therapy Services support. They are there for you when you need help. It is a relaxed environment where you are pretty independent and just doing your day to day job duties but there is always someone a phone call away if you need advice on how to do your job. I feel like I am a part of a family here. It is also very rewarding to indirectly be helping the older adult population by finding reliable and knowledgeable therapists to work.
Pros
Excellent support from regional directors and CEO/Owners, Great full time benefits, Management is open and supportive to other employees, A career at HTS makes it easy to have a healthy work and home life balance
Company culture was very supportive, family friendly
Graphics & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 19, 2018
Great co-workers. Supportive management. Superiors trusted my judgement and enabled me to take a project and run with it. Loved the everyday challenges and strived to meet project goals.
very nice family oriented people to work for
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette,Salem, New Albany, EvansvilleJanuary 18, 2018
Everyone had their own caseload they managed and worked independently. If assistance was needed however everyone was more than happy to help. Management would frequently schedule inservices/cont ed to help with license requirements. Also, they were more than happy to travel to your facility if needed in any way. and did so in a timely manner.
Pros
family owned company, excellent opportunities for cont. ed, very helpful upper management
Cons
??, they were a great company to work for
Unprofessional Workplace
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2018
Employees unprofessional including management, regional leader never followed through on promises and lack of oversight from all angles. The managers did not run the buildings, certain employees controlled/dictated the way work was run.
This is a great place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 7, 2017
I've been at HTS for 15 years and I seen extraordinary things from this organization. Working at corporate, I am deeply knowledgeable about the culture, departments and executive team. These people are ethical, honest individuals who never quit working on behalf of their employees and patients they serve. I've had other job offers, I've seen other therapy companies, and they don't hold a candle to HTS. HTS still has its first client it started in 1988. They do what they say they will do. They know their limitations and strive for excellence. They aren't perfect, but they're not crooked either. Not a one of them. And I work for a company whose president practices what he preaches and lives the mission. It's very very cool. I'm not going anywhere
Pros
Ethical, honest, free education, invested in therapy success and supportive environment
Cons
A regional company and not national. Had snags in pulling HR back in house, but currently fixing kinks
Dishonest company
PTA (Former Employee) –  INAugust 18, 2017
This is a dishonest company. They will hire you for a position. Have you give 2 week notice to current employer and a week before you start tell you that they lost the contract and you don't have a job. This is a dishonest company. I was told many different things in my interviewing process that should have been red flags.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, Doesnt seem to care about employees
Good
Rehab Manager/Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INApril 22, 2017
Good family owned company that cares about their employees and the patient's they serve. Upper management down to the employees are all good, genuine people.
Compassionate All-Encompassing Care
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2016
My experience has been that HTS has been flexible with hours to meet the demands of my family and am so grateful of the management to allow. I have learned that there really are compassionate facilities that will meet the individual needs of the patient, not just a cookie-cutter position. The co-workers, to include all departments, genuinely love and care about each other and the patients/residents. It never feels like I am "going to work."
Fun productive workplace but lacking in management
HR Recruiter/Assistant to Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 28, 2015
Management couldn't figure out who was responsible for what duties which resulted in office staff often being intimidated and confused. General day to day duties were fast paced and exciting. Employees are treated as replaceable for a new employee at a lower rate of pay.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
I have a variety of therapist that I work with, in which I learn different approaches to therapeutic techniques.
occupational therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KentuckyMarch 22, 2015
During a typical work day, I treat patients with a variety of diseases and disorders. I help them improve their quality of life by teaching/training compensations and techniques to improve their ADLs while maintaining a safe and secure environment. I, also, provide treatment services developed in collaboration with the OT. The learning process is a constant, on-going process for me. Both the management and my co-workers in all the facilities that I work for are very courteous and helpful and are a pleasure to work with. I believe the hardest part of my job is being a new graduate. I still have a lot to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients. It's never a dull moment!
Pros
The management as well as the regional director are absolutely wonderful!
Cons
I have a part-time, floating position within the company and have to travel distances farther than I would like to.
Good management.
Certifed Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  INAugust 27, 2014
Helpful personable management! Good company to work for. Good coworkers. Achievable expectations.
Productive worksite
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 1, 2013
It was a wonderful company to work for however the actual time I was let go I feel could have been handled more professionally. I worked for the company approximately 9 1/2 years and some part of that time was PRN. My position was eliminated secondary to a reduction in work force. I had no warning or notice to at least help me find another position. I was told that day I was no longer needed.
Pros
Friendly and Dependable Management
Cons
Not enough Structure
Nice place to work.
Office Manager/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2013
On my first day I had only a desk in my office. I had no office equipment. They had ordered a phone, copier, fax, printer, etc. There were no office supplies for me to work with. I had to actually order all the supplies for the office, use my cell phone to make business calls. My supervisor worked out in the field, so she was unavailable except for one day of the week when she would report in. I was a staffing coordinator/office manager. I scheduled medical therapists to work at the nursing homes who called and requested they needed an occupational therapist, speech, therapist, or physical therapist. I picked up the mail daily, distributed mail, greeted the public, answered the phones, ordered supplies, and did correspondence when necessary. I learned that I never know what to expect on the first day of a new job. Management was very unprepared for me to start when I did. All office equipment and supplies should've been in the office and ready for use the day I arrived. I had no co-workers. This was a one person office. The hardest part of the job was getting in touch with my supervisor should I have questions as she was out of the office 4 days of the week and in the field. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I felt empowered when I had to get the office together and in good shape for me to work in.
Pros
the salary was excellent.
Cons
supervisor was unavailable most of the time.
Great coworkers and questionable upper management
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 30, 2012
Great coworkers and questionable upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job includes the patients. No matter what happens above my only concern is for the patients. The patient is where I get my job satisfaction.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
micromanagement from above.