Healthcomp Employee Reviews

Very difficult place to work - too many high school like clicks.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Audit DepartmentMay 10, 2019
I left Healthcomp due to constant and personal harassment by 1 person, someone in another department who was supposed to work with my department to improve quality of all claims examiners work. However, when I would not give her favorite people special exceptions, she became very dedicated in trying to ruin my reputation as a tough but fair auditor.

My immediate supervisor and my team were the ONLY reason I didn't file a harassment complaint with the State of CA. I had to go to HR several times asking them to review and assist in the constant and blatant attacks to my work and reputation.

After nearly 5 years of slowly increasing pressure, harrassement and false accusations of targeting only certain examiners, I received an email which was not only personally attacking me and my reputation, but was inappropriately addressed to a large # of people in the company (who were not even involved). At that point I no choice but to file another complaint with HR dept and then put in my notice, I generously gave 3 weeks notice instead of the normal 2. Only then did the owner of the company call a meeting of the people involved and started aggressively dealing with problem. I was asked to stay with promises from the owner that I would not have to suffer any more personal or professional attacks, he would make sure. However, I had already accepted a new job closer to home.

Normally, I would not give this kind of review. I don't believe in burning bridges if at all possible. But I will not ever be going back to that job. I was very disappointed and shocked that the
  more... issue was allowed to escalate as far as it did.  less
Pros
great team mates and challenging work, keeps you very busy
Cons
petty clicks, immature behaviour, poor oversite, ect
Poorly managed and dysfunctional. Compensation under market value
Administration (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 26, 2019
Leadership is implemented through hostility and degradation. This is only to mask total incompetence of managers so the employee is too afraid of speaking up when the employee(s) are set up to take the fall for the incompetent. This place is career suicide. If you’re a passionate professional, stay away at all cost or it may cost you your reputation.
Pros
Quarterly corporate meetings to stay up to date w company trajectory
Cons
Pay is low and non negotiable, Deceptive practices among managers and Human Resources, . HR not up to speed on labor laws and HR skill set needed to handle the dysfunction.
This company is growing extremely fast and is having serious growing pains. Bad Training.
FSA Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 1, 2018
This company is growing faster than they can keep up. The management style is all different or basically non existent. Everyone in my department did things differently which makes it extremely hard to train. The company as a whole has a great outlook and goal. They are great at keeping you informed. They did offer quarterly bonuses however they are VERY small. Mine was around $25. Company is inconsistent. Individual management is not uniform and not monitored by higher up.
Pros
Monthly company wide meetings to keep you informed. company appreciation events, Fast Growing
Cons
Poor Management, jobs have no uniformity, work load it way too big
Repetitive work schedule
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 6, 2018
3rd party billing company, dealing with different clients and handling different issues, explained different billing and coding, explained what procedures were charged and who was covered under the insurance. How much co-pay was
Great place to work. Different pace than working floors in nursing field.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2018
No complaints other than personal preference. Sitting in a cubicle for 8 hours sounds easy but really is not if you are use to working at a much faster pace on your feet. The work itself is very easy. You do have minor micro management but not really bothersome.
Pros
Monday through Friday, holidays off with pay, bonus every 3 months, benefits
Cons
Sitting in front of computer, sitting and telemarketing like calls
Fun and stress free place of enployment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 20, 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday. I don't feel stressed or overworked at any point in my job. I have management that backs me up when in need.
I feel that they do not match the compensation like the competition in town.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Compensation
Easy place to work
Case Manager, ER Solutions Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2016
There is a lot of flexibility at this company. The department manager learns what your strengths are and moves you around accordingly. I learned a lot of Executive Assistant skills, unfortunately the pay scale does not match up with the duties. I made $12 per hour there with only a 14 cent raise yearly. For this reason I could not stay.
relaxed
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 5, 2015
out dated computer systems
no days off for anyone around Christmas
co-workers gossip to much
Management no clue to what is needed on the floor
rarely paid claims mostly pend for review
auditors not helpful
Good
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 19, 2015
I did not work there for too long, but the amount of time I did work there it was a good place to work. However, depending what nursing department your assigned to then determines your outlook on your job. My supervisor was excellent, but then again I did not stay long enough to have anything bad to say.
Pros
manage your own time
Cons
gossip among staff, and the gossipers are friends with management