HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews

Chaos
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMay 21, 2018
The call center was chaotic and no one could run it effectively. I loved the people that I worked with but not the environment. And the building was not cooled properly.
For a Christian based HealthCare System it doesn't respect it's workforce.
Clinic Care Guide (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMay 17, 2018
HealthEast has really great employees. It's management is not geared to nurture it's employees. It's supervisors and management team are only focused on numbers.
Pros
The non management employees
friendly working environment
Fixed Assets/Lease Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2018
Good working experience. boss was very understanding and flexible. good benefits and retirement plans. i was allowed to make decisions to improve process.
Work place culture
MSHO Care Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed working with my peers, my supervisor and program director. They made life at work bearable. I love that the department has become solid.
Pros
providing the best of care for patients
Cons
paper driven
St. John's Nutrition Aide - Union
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMay 7, 2018
I loved working here! As a nutrition aide your job entails of working in the kitchen, taking patient orders, delivering and picking up trays, nutrition intake (sometimes required). In addition to dishroom, some positions include food prep, line prep. During my employment there was a seniority status so scheduling could've been impacted by your time with the company. Management could definitely use work - sometimes there are lack of teamwork within age groups. This may have changed, but at the time working there - you were compensated for working overtime.
A company that cares about its employees and the community
IT Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 3, 2018
After I was hired at HealthEast, I spent my career being educated and promoted along the way. The company truly cares about their employees and the community it encompasses. They believe in promoting from within and educating their employees. It was an excellent company for me to have been fortunate enough to have worked for and I am grateful for every opportunity I was given.
Pros
Great pay and benefits with many employee-based functions, perks and incentives
Cons
Nothing that matters
Management comes up with ways to make your job more impossible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNApril 25, 2018
Everything about the place is bad. Low morale, managment is horrible. No communication at all. They do nothing to help your job be efficient, too much busy work thats doesn't achieve anything positive and takes away from you actually being able to just do your core job function. The good employees get way over worked and this makes them want to leave. No enforcement of job duties of other employees, no accountability.
Pros
Bad management, no communication
Cons
Health benefits are cheap for todays standards
No comment
Housekeeping lead (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 21, 2018
Not much to add regarding the company. The company was changing ownership to Fairview and the management was not the best in my opinion. I didn't think they had what it took to make employees happy.
Nice place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 6, 2018
Nice place to work. Great doctors. Great teamwork. There is a bit of micromanaging from the leaders. Senior leadership is invisible which is frustrating with the merger between HealthEast and Fairview. Feel like we are in the dark.
Discourages you to advance
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 26, 2018
Cons-The pay does not make any sense. The field supervisors can make up to 10k less than the paramedics do, due to their salary. You would have to take a pay cut from your current position if you wished to advance. Supervisors are not paid adequate wages compared to services in the metro.

You will make less working in a specialty care position (critical care) which requires additional certification and training, than you would working as an FTO which requires no additional personal cost or training.

Dispatchers will make on average $5/hr more than EMT's will. If EMT's are not successful or wish to be compensated more, there is no incentive to stay in their position when they can move into dispatch where they are typically short staffed.
Pros
Training has improved, leadership positions are filled after long absences
Cons
Impractical to move up or improve yourself
Veterans and hospice patients my two favorites!
Medical Social Worker/Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 19, 2018
Discharge planning, excellent management, appreciative of social workers.

Hardest part of hospice was death of patient. Hardest part of working with veterans was the inability to give them what I thought they needed as a social worker. Due to va rules and regulations.
Pros
Loved working with veterans and hospice patients
Cons
Long hours and paperwork
Great for complacent employees
Medical Specialties Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMarch 9, 2018
I really enjoy working for HealthEast, however, if you are always reaching and striving for more, you will be disappointed. If you are complacent and are perfectly fine doing the same thing and not advancing for 10-20 years, this is the perfect workplace for you.
Labor and Delivery Technician
Labor and Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 27, 2018
This is a beautiful hospital and a generally peaceful facility. If you are looking to do a ton of surgery this is not the place for you, apply to the main OR. If you are looking to have a role that involves more patient care than the regular OR this is the job for you. Overall a decent place to work, good staff and babies.
Pros
Great Cafeteria, Great facility, Easy Parking, Babys, Patient care centered work, Develop patient care skills, friendly staff, staff feedback and ideas are tracked and implemented
Cons
can have shifts cancelled, not very many c-sections(if that is what your looking for)
great workplace
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2018
I loved my job loved the customers I helped I got to meet so many people manager was awesome then they let her go I was there to work many women so it was very clickesh all the smokers would go out together
Pros
great benifits
Cons
nothing
It was great
Regional Director Primary Care (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 6, 2018
It is a great company to work for. Strong work/life balance and supported by management. Ways to Wellness is awesome and utilized this perk all the time!
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Call center is poorly managed, The clinics don't communicate with the schedulers. Managers would rather micromanaged than take a call to help patients, since the patients care comes first. The managers are just an embarrassment to this company,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Volume of calls and very minimal training
A great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNDecember 14, 2017
HealthEast was a great place to start after nursing school. They encouraged me to obtain my certifications and continue learning. I loved the nurses I worked with and the people I was able to care for.
Pros
Easy parking, close to my house
Cons
short or no lunch breaks
Extremely Dysfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 11, 2017
Stressful unhealthy, sink or swim environment. Managers only care about numbers "Quantity not Quality" should be the HE motto. Oh and bullying is allowed.
It was good
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  MNNovember 10, 2017
I liked the location. It is was a nice new hospital. But thing was not as I expected. I worked in lab performed tall kind of lab test on variety of speciment
Excellent job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 6, 2017
Excellent job, competitive environment, engaged management, and an environment that supports on-going education. Professional staff on all levels. Would recommend this workplace to anyone who asks.
Pros
work environement supoortive, excellent benefits
Cons
changing criteria for admission which affects my ability to continue employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthEast Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8