HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews

EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 12, 2018
I learned a great deal from working at HealthEast throughout my 10 years there. I was fortunate to work for excellent managers who promoted growth within the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Commute
A great place to grow if you support change
Training specialist, Care Connection (Current Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNNovember 8, 2018
If you are someone that supports consistent improvement and gets excited about change, healtheast is a great place for you! You have the power to fix things and leaders look at agents for the best ideas. It's a great company to work for!
friendly place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 7, 2018
A great place to work with great people and benefits. Great care for patients and families. Great maternity ward and resources. Highly recommend to get care there and work there.
Great people on our team
Graphic Designer/Corporate Photographer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 15, 2018
Very busy work day. Could have up to 50 jobs in the que at one time. Was allowed to incorporate my photography skills and photographed all new doctors and major corporate events throughout the company. Workplace culture could have been more creative for a marketing department.
Pros
Great people to work with. We managed to get the work done on time and have fun too.
nice co-workers poor management
Social Worker Mental Health & Addiction Care (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 1, 2018
very old fashioned and disorganized and not advanced in terms of training.
the morale is very low possibly due to a vendor coming in to correct the problems in the area.
Pros
nice nurses
Cons
doctors are very arrogant and rude to staff
Good LEAN concepts...
Neurosurgery Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 3, 2018
But execution isn't always efficient. I work in a clinic so it might be very different in one of the hospitals. The area I work in there is not a good vibe. It seems everyone is out to get everyone. From a corporate standpoint I think it's a good to work, from a clinic level, there are many areas that could be improved.
Fun workplace with patient care a priority
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 6, 2018
Patients always came first. We tried our best to help our best with quality care. Sometimes that meant dealing with the insurance companies to get approval for needed procedures and/or testing.
Pros
Inexpensive health insurance
Cons
You must use a doctor within the company.
Our Doctor's are great!
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 2, 2018
A typical day at work was checking in the patient for their appointment and verifying their insurance. The patients were so wonderful. They made it a joy to want to go to work.
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55104July 22, 2018
My experience working with HealthEast was initially great until my Manager left. After that, things starting going down south with high turned over and horrible manager who has no prior management experience.
Pros
Flexible shcedule
Cons
Unsupportive management.
Fast paced
AMBULATORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 11, 2018
-busy
-some levels of management lost focus on the vision/mission
-sites had good collaboration and team work
-biggest challenge was the lack of support from some levels of leadership
-I enjoyed the teams I worked with the most
Healtheast
Emergency Medicine Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 30, 2018
My time at St. Johns was about 17 years. I had an overall amazing career start, I am now just looking for something more meaningful. I would like to work more in HR.
Typical day of work
CRCST (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 24, 2018
Work as a full time lead Central Service tech from 2pm-1030pm. Assign team member for their respective duties or assigned tasks. Prioritizing task for the whole shift.

Handling and Cleaning used instruments in decontamination area. Prep and assemble trays, wrapping and sterilization, picking add-on cases for the day and clean GI scopes.
overworked environment
Homecare Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 21, 2018
Did not have a good orientation. Nurse educator was new and started the same time as I. She orientated me to the best ability she could with her previous knowledge as a nurse educator from a different facility home care experience.
Pros
hard working co workers.
Cons
Non union. Salary position. Worked more hours than was getting paid
very fulfilling
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 20, 2018
great people to work with, very under staffed at times but people seem to come together as a team and get the job done. They seem to be getting better at working with people and staffing them accordingly
productive
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2018
Come to work, do your job, go home. Not very exciting. Management isn't all down your neck. To much changing and moving around. Management changes weekly it seems.
Opportunity to build a great team.
Clinic Manager II (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 11, 2018
Opportunity to work in a smaller division of a large care system. Opportunity to do new things and think and work strategically with co-workers. Great peers.
Relaxed environment
Genesys Works Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2018
I learned how to build reports with patient information for employees at different HealthEast locations. The office was pretty quiet most of the time and there were a lot of changes being made after the Fairview and HealthEast integration.
here we go
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 23, 2018
it was cool over all didn't really handle everything the right way.
But i did enjoy it hopefully fairview will do a better job at hiring and fixing what was wrong
Pros
team work
Cons
advancement
Chaos
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMay 21, 2018
The call center was chaotic and no one could run it effectively. I loved the people that I worked with but not the environment. And the building was not cooled properly.
For a Christian based HealthCare System it doesn't respect it's workforce.
Clinic Care Guide (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMay 17, 2018
HealthEast has really great employees. It's management is not geared to nurture it's employees. It's supervisors and management team are only focused on numbers.
Pros
The non management employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthEast Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9