HealthEast Care System Employee Reviews

Fast paced
AMBULATORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 11, 2018
-busy
-some levels of management lost focus on the vision/mission
-sites had good collaboration and team work
-biggest challenge was the lack of support from some levels of leadership
-I enjoyed the teams I worked with the most
Healtheast
Emergency Medicine Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 30, 2018
My time at St. Johns was about 17 years. I had an overall amazing career start, I am now just looking for something more meaningful. I would like to work more in HR.
Typical day of work
CRCST (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 24, 2018
Work as a full time lead Central Service tech from 2pm-1030pm. Assign team member for their respective duties or assigned tasks. Prioritizing task for the whole shift.

Handling and Cleaning used instruments in decontamination area. Prep and assemble trays, wrapping and sterilization, picking add-on cases for the day and clean GI scopes.
very fulfilling
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 20, 2018
great people to work with, very under staffed at times but people seem to come together as a team and get the job done. They seem to be getting better at working with people and staffing them accordingly
productive
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2018
Come to work, do your job, go home. Not very exciting. Management isn't all down your neck. To much changing and moving around. Management changes weekly it seems.
Opportunity to build a great team.
Clinic Manager II (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 11, 2018
Opportunity to work in a smaller division of a large care system. Opportunity to do new things and think and work strategically with co-workers. Great peers.
Relaxed environment
Genesys Works Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2018
I learned how to build reports with patient information for employees at different HealthEast locations. The office was pretty quiet most of the time and there were a lot of changes being made after the Fairview and HealthEast integration.
here we go
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 23, 2018
it was cool over all didn't really handle everything the right way.
But i did enjoy it hopefully fairview will do a better job at hiring and fixing what was wrong
Pros
team work
Cons
advancement
Chaos
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMay 21, 2018
The call center was chaotic and no one could run it effectively. I loved the people that I worked with but not the environment. And the building was not cooled properly.
For a Christian based HealthCare System it doesn't respect it's workforce.
Clinic Care Guide (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMay 17, 2018
HealthEast has really great employees. It's management is not geared to nurture it's employees. It's supervisors and management team are only focused on numbers.
Pros
The non management employees
friendly working environment
Fixed Assets/Lease Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2018
Good working experience. boss was very understanding and flexible. good benefits and retirement plans. i was allowed to make decisions to improve process.
Work place culture
MSHO Care Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed working with my peers, my supervisor and program director. They made life at work bearable. I love that the department has become solid.
Pros
providing the best of care for patients
Cons
paper driven
St. John's Nutrition Aide - Union
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMay 7, 2018
I loved working here! As a nutrition aide your job entails of working in the kitchen, taking patient orders, delivering and picking up trays, nutrition intake (sometimes required). In addition to dishroom, some positions include food prep, line prep. During my employment there was a seniority status so scheduling could've been impacted by your time with the company. Management could definitely use work - sometimes there are lack of teamwork within age groups. This may have changed, but at the time working there - you were compensated for working overtime.
A company that cares about its employees and the community
IT Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 3, 2018
After I was hired at HealthEast, I spent my career being educated and promoted along the way. The company truly cares about their employees and the community it encompasses. They believe in promoting from within and educating their employees. It was an excellent company for me to have been fortunate enough to have worked for and I am grateful for every opportunity I was given.
Pros
Great pay and benefits with many employee-based functions, perks and incentives
Cons
Nothing that matters
Management comes up with ways to make your job more impossible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNApril 25, 2018
Everything about the place is bad. Low morale, managment is horrible. No communication at all. They do nothing to help your job be efficient, too much busy work thats doesn't achieve anything positive and takes away from you actually being able to just do your core job function. The good employees get way over worked and this makes them want to leave. No enforcement of job duties of other employees, no accountability.
Pros
Bad management, no communication
Cons
Health benefits are cheap for todays standards
No comment
Housekeeping lead (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 21, 2018
Not much to add regarding the company. The company was changing ownership to Fairview and the management was not the best in my opinion. I didn't think they had what it took to make employees happy.
Nice place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 6, 2018
Nice place to work. Great doctors. Great teamwork. There is a bit of micromanaging from the leaders. Senior leadership is invisible which is frustrating with the merger between HealthEast and Fairview. Feel like we are in the dark.
Discourages you to advance
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 26, 2018
Cons-The pay does not make any sense. The field supervisors can make up to 10k less than the paramedics do, due to their salary. You would have to take a pay cut from your current position if you wished to advance. Supervisors are not paid adequate wages compared to services in the metro.

You will make less working in a specialty care position (critical care) which requires additional certification and training, than you would working as an FTO which requires no additional personal cost or training.

Dispatchers will make on average $5/hr more than EMT's will. If EMT's are not successful or wish to be compensated more, there is no incentive to stay in their position when they can move into dispatch where they are typically short staffed.
Pros
Training has improved, leadership positions are filled after long absences
Cons
Impractical to move up or improve yourself
Veterans and hospice patients my two favorites!
Medical Social Worker/Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 19, 2018
Discharge planning, excellent management, appreciative of social workers.

Hardest part of hospice was death of patient. Hardest part of working with veterans was the inability to give them what I thought they needed as a social worker. Due to va rules and regulations.
Pros
Loved working with veterans and hospice patients
Cons
Long hours and paperwork
Great for complacent employees
Medical Specialties Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMarch 9, 2018
I really enjoy working for HealthEast, however, if you are always reaching and striving for more, you will be disappointed. If you are complacent and are perfectly fine doing the same thing and not advancing for 10-20 years, this is the perfect workplace for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthEast Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8