HealthEquity, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not apply here
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 15, 2019
The company is run by Mormons and they don’t value diversity. They pay low and the benefits are expensive. Do not work here. They just laid off a large percent of the company they acquired.
HealthEquity-Rocks
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Price, UTSeptember 13, 2019
Being able to make a difference in peoples lives daily is the most rewarding part of working for HealthEquity-and educating members on ways to make their HSA work for them.
2018 a very positive place 2019 not so much
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 27, 2019
I loved my job in 2018 and it was a positive and fun place to work. I would brag about the place to friends and neighbors. 2019 lots of changes, moral is down, stress is up an I would not refer friends or neighbors anymore. Sad it is becoming like every other big company.
Passionate Purple People, are they growing too rapidly?
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 19, 2019
HealthEquity swept me off of my feet when I first began. They truly would go out of their way to help one another. It was incredible.
That meant more to me than anything.
It was not uncommon for a Team Lead to leave work to pick up one of their team members who was without a car, or a collective team to gather their money to help others team members who were facing hard times. I had never felt more valued and appreciated.
Then, slight changes began to happen. Which seemed
Exciting. Remodeling of floors. New desks, etc. but it came with a price. The office now seemed like everywhere else. Just like other call centers. You are in a beautified box. With ursula sucking out your mermaid voice for peanuts and stress. Beautiful pool tables that no one in member services has time to use.
New policies and procedures came into play.. to bring “Efficiency”. Hurrah for saving the company money and for new upper management to prove their worth right? Team members feel unvalued and immediately become puppets on a string. We are no longer able to leave notes on members accounts., it takes too much time, but our members are people who are seeking help? This organization was made by a doctor., what happened to the individual care of our members or the employees who serve in the front line?Member Service specialists are discounted for abilities and education, they are seldom promoted, and lied to about law vs company policy. Hoping no one questions their information.
They have company events,. The higher paid employees are always able to attend. Yet member services never has that freedom
  more... without asking permission and being lucky enough to attend. Like winning the lottery to feel valued.

If there is such a thing as an anti retaliation policy, the people team does a great job hiding what really happens.
There are favorites, and rules change for each person on a case by case basis.
The best is when a 5 year tenured employee, works diligently even with disabilities, is surprised by a final write up, without a warning?.. no verbal or any steps in between.
The people team needs some help. Im unsure where they graduated from. They don’t have all of their marbles. A lot of blank stares when speaking with them.
They have admitted of not knowing policy and laws well enough to have to call a company attorney to check.

Its a good place if you can squeeze into the good side of favorites. If not, the team leads, the people team and Workforce Management mainly, will make your life a living nightmare.

The growth of the company moving to corporate is very sad. They dont walk their talk as much as they claim. Bless Jon’s heart. He is humble and one of the best guys ever. Wish people could follow their lead.
Too many feel threatened by other new employees who can contribute. They are in fear of losing their power.
Nothing much came out of it
Service Desk / Client Services desk / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 13, 2019
Offering people a job and then very much telling them that they aren't as important as others should be illegal. But that's basically what happened there.
My complaints to the manager were met with "I'm not a drama manager, fix it yourself with the others". Whenever others breathed my name to management, I was having meetings about my behaviour; that, despite the blatant discrimination showed to me.
Going to HR was a bigger joke. The quote was "Well, you know, there are a lot of other jobs you could be looking for."
Thanks, HR. VERY Purple.
Anything I brought to the table was either blatantly ignored or simply attributed to other people. People who had NO IT knowledge, who could never have done or said the things I did.
One of the best
Support Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 10, 2019
This is a fantastic company to work for! With all of the benefits and parties, you feel like you are just having fun. The calls can be complex but 90% of the time people are excited to hear all of the cool things that they can do with their health savings or flex spending accounts. Helping people be in charge of their money is very fulfilling.
Pros
Heathcare, great community, company parties, reduced snack prices, leadership, training
Cons
I couldnt take the job with me when I moved out of state.
It's Meh.
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 12, 2019
The company itself has good values but that doesn't keep it from being the most cliquish company that i have ever worked for.
I learned many valuable things working the the Member Services Dept but the management over that dept is slow to provide any real help.
HealthEquity is the only call center that i have worked in and i've heard many people say it's the best call center they have worked in, but it's still a call center and the same problems are present here as well as other places.
Great culture, positive atmosphere.
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 20, 2019
Loved working at HealthEquity. I would recommend having confidence in yourself and trust in your leadership from training to your Team Lead on the call floor. Being in the Member Services department will become one of your core learning experiences. Things change as often as a call center does. Be adaptable and willing to learn.
Pros
A lot of benefit options.
Cons
no 4/10 shift options.
Stressful, they have you overwhelmed and stressed about keeping your job, they don’t care about you or that you have a family.
Member service representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 18, 2019
Great pay and benefits the job description is easy but stressful. Management is hit and miss. Some are awesome and willing to work with you while others are completely awful! I would never in a million years refer this job to anyone unless they want to age 20 years in a year!!!
Great for CSR
Member Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT 84020March 26, 2019
They’re very team member focused and care for you as family, but it’s still a business that grades you on adherence and customer surveys. I don’t want to be seen as a number. You can only advance based on your stats.
Pros
Benefits: HSA Match and PTO
Cons
Adherence and surveys
Fun work enviroment the drives excellence.
Any (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 4, 2019
At HealthEquity the culture and mission is everything. If you work hard and prove yourself you can move up in the company fairly quickly. HealthEquity does grow quickly which means we do experience some growing pains. But overall the company is the best I've ever worked for.
Pros
Work Enviroment, employee benefits.
Cons
Compensation should be reviewed to meet current market
I think about quitting everyday
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 14, 2019
HR - I cannot call them the "People Team" as they want because they are a huge reason why I have wanted to leave. I am not treated as a person. They do not care about employee retention (except when it effects their numbers), they make my job a living he-double hockey sticks by not listening, devaluing what I do and making decisions without consulting or even wanting to talk to me when it should be a group effort. I have never worked for a company where they are the cause of so many issues instead of helping mitigate issues. Everytime we are told in meetings where we should feel free to reach out to HR, I have to scoff. It will fall on deaf ears. Don't even bother. Just leave.

Leadership/management - They are also the biggest problem. I am not saying all leadership is bad but the ones that matter are pretty toxic. We constantly get paid lip service of how they're there to remove obstacles but they are in fact the obstacles. There is no fighting for us but just giving into the demands of who yells the loudest. There is no structure or organization or prioritization. If everything is marked urgent, then nothing is urgent. Please don't preach that unless you actually follow it yourself. It is pretty hypocritical to tell us that when everything just gets escalated anyway. Also being told all of our work "only takes a few minutes to do right?" does not help and devalues what we do. We have worked hard to build and scale our work so that we can work THAT fast. The more you continue to treat people like dirt and blame us for not working faster or harder when we have tried to help
  more... others in the company because they can't get help anywhere else but continue to pile on work at us that is not even our job while just cracking the whip harder, the more you'll have a mass exodus after everyone can sell their stocks. That was a run-on sentence but I don't even care because it is that upsetting.

Security - I get that it is a public company and there is more scrutiny and more attacks. But the amount of security that gets implemented each day prevents us from doing our job and no alternative is being provided. Need to be on call? Sign your rights away and give access to your personal cell phone with full admin access. Need admin rights because you actually need to do your job? No, but we'll automatically give it to those who are caught downloading things at work they shouldn't be and have a dedicated game room to just mess around in because they can do no wrong and have no accountability.

I honestly stay (for the very short time being) because I don't want to overload or stress out our already overloaded team and for the few people who are beacons of light in wanting to help and wanting to do the right thing. But I honestly cannot work for a company that actively makes employees feel like dirt on a daily basis and undermines them constantly by putting up the pretense of how "great this purple culture" is when doing the exact opposite. It sickens me everytime I hear that out of an executive's mouth.
Cons
Hr, no accountability, basically devaluing/belittling the work I do on a daily basis, no prioritization, security breaches, constant lip service but no help from leadership/executive team, not paying people industry standards
Fun atmosphere to work in at times and some great people
Memeber Services (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 17, 2018
HealthEquity is a pretty good place to work. It can be a bit stressful at times when it’s super busy but they manage it pretty well. Pay was a little low but the benefits were great. The culture is awesome though and there are many great people working there.
Pros
Catered lunches during busy times
Cons
Move peeples desk locations frequently
Great Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 14, 2018
I have nothing negative to say about HealthEquity. The strongest culture, fast growing in a growing industry, lots of internal promotion, team members are treated well, great management.
Loved working at HeathEquity
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 14, 2018
The people and management are some of the best in the world. HeathEquity really cares about you working there. For the first time in my professional career I felt like the company wanted me there.
Pros
Culture, People, Leadership
Cons
Pay was in the 70 percentile.
Great benefits and good work ethics
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 22, 2018
Growing company and advancement opportunities great benefits and purple culture and nice people to work with . Management possibilities and fun activities
Pros
Free lunches at times and discounts on food
Cons
It would take a lot for me to leave.
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 28, 2018
I’ve read some of the other reviews and what I’d add is that your happiness is up to you. Do you work hard? Yes. Are member service people on the phones all day long? Yes. But what do you expect from a call center type job? Do your best and opportunities will come.
Pros
Culture. Relationships. Transparency.
Cons
Pay is nothing special.
Purple culture that inspires
Reimbursement Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 21, 2018
HealthEquity is an excellent company to work for, they are constantly providing their agents with updated information to accurately provide solutions and education to members. The team leaders need improvement, but the work and the benefits are wonderful. Moving to other departments are difficult, because there are many applicants. HealthEquity promotes healthy living and has an awesome wellness team and reimbursement options. You can travel for the company to provide presentations and benefit fairs, which is very fun and exciting. To succeed you need to be motivated and constantly find ways to improve and educate accurately.
Pros
Discounted food in break rooms, beautiful building and view, comfy chairs, close to freeway
Great place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 12, 2018
Motivation, kindness, lots of free food, games rooms for break. Counseling. Voluntary paid off. Coaching and help growing. Fun meetings and amazing staff
Cons
I hate sitting for 8 hours
Day at work
MEMBER SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 23, 2018
Days are good as I get to really help customers a lot on the phones. I help them learn to save money for healthcare reasons and it is super beneficial to them. I also get the opportunity to work with great people.
Pros
Great place
Cons
not really any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthEquity, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

HealthEquity, Inc. Reviews by Location