HealthFirst Bluegrass Employee Reviews

I love my job.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 23, 2019
I couldn’t ask for a better job. I love the people I work with. The mission is out of this world. The medical and mental are taken can of. Providers are great.
Pros
Flexibility
Poor environment
CMA (Former Employee) –  HFBGJuly 18, 2018
This place had to be the most cut-throat place to work. No one was promoted or given opportunities based on their experience. It was based on who sucked up to management the most. Management was AWFUL, just AWFUL. Clinic staff was was loud and disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend working here and there's no money in the world that would make me want to go back.
Pros
None, you can't even get seen by a provider for a waived fee!
Cons
no breaks, lots of talking in spanish, manager blatantly played favorites
It wasnt a bad place to work until they started switching management and they started to pick at people until they got everyone out.
Behavioral Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40503July 10, 2018
It was a bad environment but the patients and the work that I did made it worth the stress that it caused. I would ultimately like to work for the company again because I love the mission and values and work that the company does. Other than that, I would not want to work there again.
Overall an okay company
School Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 2, 2018
I felt like I was not treated fair. Was thrown into my position w/o any training really in an environment that was very busy. Also a different language and culture than my own. Loved the kids and
the job itself just not the organization.
healthfirst
CMA (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 18, 2018
did not like it. at the time I was there,there were a lot of changes going on. I don't miss working at Healthfirst, but I did make some great friends.
low stress public health environment
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 13, 2018
Left due to lack of career advancement. Overall environment is relaxed with autonomy in patient care. Great, experienced staff. Pay is as expected with public health- low to moderate for area.
Pros
relaxed environment, low stress
Cons
low- mod pay for area
Busy practice
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 11, 2018
Great place to work if you are an experienced provider.
Nurse Practitioners needed but not necessarily wanted in practice.
Lab, X-ray and Pharmacy on site.
It is overall a good place to work.
Bilingual Health Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 29, 2017
I like wokring here but would like to be paid more, would love a paid lunch. And would like to not work a late day til 6pm. I would like the departments to not be so divided.
Pros
Decent pay, flexibility in schedule.
Cons
Lunch is just 30 mins, the people are not that pleasant to work with.
Poor Place to Work
Assist doctors (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYFebruary 4, 2017
CMA do most of the work for the providers, the ones who play politics with managers and doctors have long careers with the state. But the ones who stay away from the clicks and put in hard days work rarely get any praise. The gossip is mean, It kinda of mean girls movie if you even seen it. If you get a job watch your back even with the doctors. Try to do your best and leave the job at work because none of them care about any there patients. Its sad they are not giving the kind of care they should and the nurse talk about the patients as if they are better than any of patients. They are to help the poor but its about how much they will pay.
The providers take very good care of their patients.
Expanded Function Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  KYSeptember 20, 2013
We work hard to take care of our patients and we work well as a team. It is difficult at times with direct managers that do not have any clinical experience.
Pros
We have good benefits and a state retirement plan.
Cons
I have no chance for advancement or a raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthFirst Bluegrass. Our community is ready to answer.

HealthFirst Bluegrass Reviews by Location