Healthfirst Employee Reviews

Productive and positive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 9, 2018
I enjoyed every day working at health first. They have a strong commitment to excellent patient care and teamwork with the medical staff. It was a very positive and educating experience.
Awful place
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
My personal experience with healthfirst is not the best. In 3 years I have received less than a 2% increase in my salary. They use a grading system in which the supervisory staff and management decide your raise for the year. It's a set-up to not pay raises. healthfirst has the practice of hiring individuals under terms that they don't keep and change continually because they are not held accountable through Union. I have worked with this company for a while and I have yet to meet any of the upper management or CEO outside of e-mails they send regarding company changes. healthfirst work culture is very segregated this is one of the few places that you can find whole ethnic groups working on their own floors and not interacting at all. This place is run like a "Banana Republic", if management likes you, you can climb the ladder and get raises it's definitely not performance-based as they claim. People are always walking around mopping and sad, the culture and environment reflect this healthfirst also requires that you pay for your own internet, mileage, and gas to do their business and they will not compensate you fairly..bottom line you get worked to death especially if you are field nurse, you can bet that you will be doing a ton of UAS paperwork.
Pros
5:30 PM Friday evening
Cons
9:30 AM Monday Morning
no transparency
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
There is a culture that has developed here over the last 5 years. Its all about who you know and not what you know. Positions are handed out and created without a fair chance for all to apply. Hard working employees that have dedicated years are being let go for ridiculous reasons. Money is the driving force, not the members and not the employees. Once HF puts the members first and employees second, it will be the way it used to be. There are people in charge of nurses with no nursing skills or knowledge. Managers are in meetings all day and do not follow up with answers or solutions. They just give orders with no explanation, because they don't know the answers themselves. Team Leaders are stretched thin. Managers are also stretched thin by VP's. It has built a culture of exhaustion and animosity. I wish it could go back 5 years ago when the employee felt their worth and didn't feel like any day they can be fired or being plotted against.
Pros
remote
Cons
You are just a number
Management sucks
CARE COORDINATOR TELECOMMUTER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
Position was a telecommuter one so I worked from home. Work wasn't hard but it was constantly changing and the manager sucked at training. Her line would be "reach out to your coworkers"
Pros
work from home
Cons
manager sucked
Great place to work, constantly learning
Support Coordinator, Complete Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
The job requirements and environment is always changing for the better so its great to continuously learn. Management is always stepping in to assist and make sure you're on track.
Cons
Half hour lunch break
Very engaging and challenging. Never a dull ,moment
AVP of IT Infrastructure & Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
Very engaging and challenging. Never a dull ,moment.
Well organized HR department.
Strategic plans are set in advance
Employee culture is very open and engaging
Work hard for that salary
Clinical Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
The pay is good, but you really work hard for it. Meetings - presentations- some overtime to meet your numbers. Hard work! Busy time of the year is January to May. Very numbers and results driven which is impact possible raise and bonus amounts.
Pros
Work from home sometimes, early close before holidays
Cons
Gossip, Management is unsupportive at times
summary
Scheduling Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
Was a nice place fast pace management constantly changing under paid for the amount of work employees were given . .................................................
Terrible enviorment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 10, 2018
Had bed bugs when I started, cutthroat, favoritism really good people left due to low salaries and increase. They are always hiring because so many people left. Very unprofessional environment, Clicks, poor management, Bedbugs, Unqualified trainers. Terrible place. They have a sign every week hiring because so many people quit.
Pros
Cons
Clicks, low wages, favoritism amongst managers.
somewhat ok place to work, BUT some Politics
Coach members on benefits (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Don't understand Higher Management decision sometimes. Some lack of transparency and some underlined racism. One feels that Caucasians and Spanish people are better treated than others.
Pros
team spirit, direct manager and director cares and support the team
Cons
Executives are not in tune with workers and make decisions that shocks sometimes
Very cliquey and management is never open and honest
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 2, 2018
When I first started working for HF it was a great company and they made it seem like they really cared about their employees. It was not your typical call center. Recently there have been a lot of changes which make people unsettled they are combining the provider services and member services department requiring everyone to do cross training and “possibly” get a raise. It is turning into another run of the mill call center. No one in management ever gives the correct information and they are never on the same page. I can ask 5 different senior reps and TLs the same question and get 5 completely different answers. It’s a mad house.
Pros
Ok pay, ok benefits, and nice workspaces
Cons
Always changing so no one ever knows what their processes are
Poor management, lack of trust, sink or swim.
Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
Poor management, lack of trust, sink or swim.
Management never answers their phones, only responds to emails when they feel like it.
Department is on plan-of-corrections every year. Team leads are ghetto , speak to you like you're from the streets. Team leads refuse to help when needed, and complaint about their own staff to upper management.
Lack of advancement, promotions are granted to their friends.
Pros
good medical benefits, 401K, Paid PTO
Cons
Lack of trust, lack or advancement, sink or swim.
Working Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
The task ranged day to day and they never wanted to provide any up-training so it was important to be self dependent and fast learner. There is not any real.
Highly stressful
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 23, 2018
My health declined working here. I worked her for 3 years. I had to finally leave because the stress affecting my health.
This office is very clickish. Gossip and drama is constant. QA is very hard. Customers are the most abusive I have ever witnessed. I do not recommend this company. Horrible.
Great place to work in.
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
Workin at healthfirst was an incredible experience you can learn so much and get real hands on experience. The organization is divided into different departments but they work well together.
Cons
N/a
Productive and HarWorking
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Learned Time management and to to solve the problems systematically by analyzing thoroughly and how to enhance productivity more in group environment.
What I appreciated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 12, 2018
The company as a whole had a lot of potential that I really liked and hoped that I would have had an opportunity to seek growth within the company and reach my full potential. The environment was what kept that company strong as it is th people that makes it an exceptional company to work for.
Lots of work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Typical day would be juggling multiple projects and not getting much of any help. There was fairly good support from management in the IT area, but not at the corporate level.
Proactive work place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
A tpical day at work always began with the count of enrollment applications form our sales team. I learn to master excel spreadsheets. The management team always had a way of making our day.
Pros
company events are always fun
Cons
reporting to multiple people
Knowledgable Case Manager with 15 + years of experience in Health Care, specialty in Behavioral Health and Primary care. Tellecommuting.
NY NYC - Behavioral Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYOctober 3, 2018
In my previous role as a Behavioral Health case manager: I Interacted telephonically with network providers and members of HMO to manage mental health and substance abuse services for enrollees of Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial managed care plans; conducted pre-authorization and concurrent review of primarily inpatient services to assure clinically appropriate, quality, and cost effective healthcare; activities included assessment, referral, coordination, participation in discharge planning, and crisis intervention; provided orientation training to new staff.
Pros
Great opportunities for growth. Excellent benefits. Supportive managers.
Cons
can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthfirst. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight