Healthfirst Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2019
I can honestly say this was the job I really loved and I learned so much I was always so scared to leave a nursing home environment after working in a nursing home environment for 13 years. Health first has excellent job training and they make sure they assist you every step of the way with open arms and no judgments.
n/a
Manager Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  100 churchMarch 18, 2019
good company to start from,get business understanding and system knowledge.It was a "happy" company to work in for extended period of time.Learned a lot received good training
Very stable work place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 14, 2019
This was the perfect place to work. Very stable income with lots of optional overtime hours and awesome benefits. Great company parties..team potlucks and rewards given. Great place to grow and plenty of of room for promotions.
BUSY, frequently understaffed, excellent team on 7N
MED/Surg/Ortho RN (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 12, 2019
I love that we can self schedule, have the most amazing team and MDs are easy to talk with. Negatives: understaffed almost every single shift, fast pace, high acuity patients, fast turn over. floor manager is awesome, some great charge nurses. Greatest patient care, patients love us, but staff feel defeated at the end of every shift.
Pros
staff is amazing, self schedule
Cons
under staffed, high acuity, upper management
It's a beautiful place to work
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
Working with HF I learned how to work with CCMS, Medicare member and Medicaid members. How to use the TC System. And with the medical management dept.
Pros
sometime free ice cream
Cons
no free lunch
Good place to work. Good people, good job
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Enjoyable job, top notch facility, great trainings, good management, good pay starting off, plenty of overtime available and can work from home if priveledge to do sonis earned.
Laid back
Health Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Laid back, had alot of overtime when open enrollment was going on manager did everything she could to make sure workers understood the work and any new info
A Quality Workplace
Business Analyst/SAS Programmer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
A Strong Collaborative Environment where employees can contribute to the success of the organization.

Technology is on the cutting edge for managed healthcare
Pros
Strong Work Life Balance with telecommuting options
Cons
Open floor plan can lead to noisy office
Senior staff are knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Healthfirst fostered a professional environment and drove the mission of the Health plan.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2019
As a member service representative for Healthfirst for over seven years, I was able to use the tools given to me to help members and providers with our health plans. I felt primarily with theHealthfirst Medicaid plan and Personal Wellness Plan. I assisted members and doctors offices with benefits, prior authorization requests, medication requests, enrollment, and recertification. I also worked closely with The New York State of Health and the Human Resources Administration. I also worked with CVS Caremark (One of the Nations largest medication managers), as well as Plans created out of the Affordable Care Act. One of my major responsibilities was to assist case managers approve DME and procedures that required a prior authorization approval in order to be covered on the members plan. I also assisted Doctors and members file an appeal or a complaint in the event certain services were denied encluding Braces (orthodontics), Physical Therapy, and Power wheel chairs or scooters. It was a rewarding job however I was never offered the opportunity for advancement. I also assisted providers and members with billing and claim issues.
Pros
Ability to take control over the call rather than transfer to another department.
Cons
Never offered advancement or promotions.
No room for growth
Medicare Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2019
This company rarely promotes from within and if a currently employee applies for a position, they are immediately turned down. Many of the upper management positions are filled by persons who does not know the nature of the health insurance business and are turning things from bad to worse.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Prepared me for a larger company
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Moved on due to poor management. A better opportunity came about with a larger Healthcare company. Extremely busy atmosphere, prepared me to take on a larger role with a larger department.
fast paced/ little training
Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Company has had issues with CEO's and CFO's. Employees not given consideration in most instances. Benefits were good in the beginning, but as the company struggles with financial loss, benefits also suffered.
Understand
BENEFIT DESIGN ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2019
They understand that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on (or even take over) their time and attention. They realize that allowing for some work-life give and take means not only that they won’t waste time and money on unnecessary turnover, but that they’ll build loyalty and commitment. They know it’s give and take, not give or take.
Too much
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2019
The workers are over worked and the management places to much on the employees. Management thinks that the job should be done a certain way however it is not good work ethics, They need to listen more to the employees that actually do the task assigned.
Pros
wrking from home
Cons
everything else
Excellent place to work
Assist coord (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Great company learning new things everyday,
Each fax I receive is a different story
Case managers are like mentors to us;
Excellent to work with, very pleasant environment
Director Enterprise Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJanuary 11, 2019
I share more about the culture, job satisfaction and other Healthfirst privacy question during face to face interview. The company has a mission and vision that is communicated to all associated withing the organization.
Great company
Call Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Great company, supportive and dedicated staff, career growth opportunities, effective leadership, schedules and employee recognition. Looking for growth and stability, here is the place to be
Productive and place to work and very happy to work here
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Since starting at healthfirst I've been very happy with my choice of working here. We are always learning new things my coworkers are very pleasant to work with always with a smile. Healthfirst is a very clean environment to work at, the activities committee is always sending new incentives to the employees like dress down day every Friday and on special days, holidays they are very festive and doing something for the community like Santa visits and picture taking, food drives, flea market all proceeds go to help the community.
Pros
Everything they do is great
Great Company
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Enjoyed to work for Healthfirst. Great work ethic and support for employees . I love this company because they are really care about members health and provide them with great support and services.
Good place to start
Sr. Programmer Analyst, App Dev (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2018
Good place to start and takes your skills someone else. Horrible work environment and extremely political. New implementations allow for you to learn a lot if the powers that be allow you too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthfirst. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight