HealthFitness Employee Reviews

Great Work-Life Balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone passionate about leading a healthy lifestyle. This company has a culture that promotes a healthy-work life balance.
Poor Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 6, 2018
The company makes false promises to clients and does not follow through with commitments made up front. Clients should consider looking elsewhere for the wellness needs.
Progressive learning experience
Program Manager I- Contract (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHDecember 28, 2017
As a HealthFitness Professioanl at Honda of America, my experience offered a great insight into an employee’s culture, lifestyle and exercise beliefs in a manufacturing setting. The experience added a different level of understanding that inreases the need for more progression exercise planning for those in a consistent in habitual routines where time limited. My experience was brief but a great learning process that gives me education for my next level of programming.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Limited space, budget, and time for increasing employee culture for wellness.
Poor Managment More of a Clique than Professionalism
Customer Service Representative Richardson (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 15, 2017
You have to be a self-learner and self-motivated to work here. I used to think that they did not teach you anything because they wanted to feel imperial, but the truth is they are not knowledgeable and uses others to do there work, by acting as if they are choosing you for a special project. If you are an overachiever this is not the job for you. They feel threatened by your success, image, presence, lifestyle. It is one thing to not have the ability to work on a professional level, but not looking the part with effort is just downright pathetic. They could not represent me at a Dog Show. They are bitter and will show it. I am a believer that what God has for you is for you. And there you have it.
Good not Great.
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2017
This was a decent job to gain experience. Not much room for advancement I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get your foot in the door with corporate fitness, and build your resume
Pros
PTO Benefits
Cons
Low pay No job Security
Corporate management micromanages, underplays, & has refused to pay me for my time because of their mistakes
Ed specialist (Former Employee) –  NYOctober 27, 2017
Pays less than any company for doing the same jobs by 35%, I was hired 9 years ago at a higher rate.
Content they demand presented verbatim is often out of date and terribly formatted.
Scheduled me for the wrong time to provide a seminar at a business, which I showed up to do. They refused to pay me for that time.
was never trained to use their portals at all, which are often down, which makes getting paid difficult.
Pros
Work by appointment
Cons
Everything else, low pay, poor treatment
Good company to work for
Biometric Event Screener (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
Nice company, enjoy people and work environment. Would like to see more consistant flow of events closer to 2 hour radius from home base or less, and benefits.
Pros
Nice corporate people
Cons
More consistant hours
Enjoyable Job/Low Pay
Health Fitness Professional (Former Employee) –  Lithia, FLAugust 24, 2017
Fitness Professional - LOVED my coworkers, clients, schedule, responsibilities, but the pay simply isn't enough to live on - especially when you're traveling for work every day.

PRN Biometric Screener - LOVED my coworkers, clients, schedule, responsibilities, and the pay is great.
Good atmosphere but want to progress in my field
Fitness Specialist, Personal Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 16, 2017
HealthFitness as a company does care about employees. I have learned a great deal and have been given more managerial tasks to advance my career. Overall I would give it a good rating.
Management is toxic
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 15, 2017
I managed a program HealthFitness. Not only did they not provide me with a working job description, but they also continually violated my rights as a worker, by forcing me to work excessive overtime hours and also did not allow me to take time off when I needed it. When I asked for management support for some of these issues I received disciplinary actions on my record. However, the work was interesting and the company I contracted to was very good. My co-workers were phenomenal.
Pros
Co-workers, Great Environment
Cons
Toxic Management, Low Pay, and Long Hours
Great Environment
Event Recruitment and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 14, 2017
HealthFitness has an outstanding idea in keeping corporations fit and healthy. Management is good at a mid level. Not much room to advance in company.
The organization is porfessional.
Program Manager II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2017
After working with HealthFitness for 6 years, they are the cutting edge of corporate fitness. They provide opportunities and challenges for their professional fitness staff that allows you to grow in your profession.
Pros
Reimbursement for continuing education.
Cons
Hard finding subs when you want to take PTO.
HealthFitness was an Experience
Health and Wellness Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I learned at HealthFitness what it meant for an employer to not care about its employees. Strictly driven by numbers, I find there is a tmerger somewhere between business and compassion,
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a at my branch
Enjoyable place to work
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 19, 2016
Enjoy working with a variety of different people and teaching a variety of different group exercise classes. Wishing this company would accept the NESTA Personal Training Cert.
Fun Work Place
Member Services Rep - Bilingual - Spanish (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 10, 2016
Management and coworkers are great! Job stability due to the restructuring happening at the company. Overall great place, I'm sure I would have staid at the company.
Pros
Management and coworkers are great!
Cons
Job stability.
Management has no clue
HFC (Former Employee) –  SSF CAOctober 6, 2016
-regional management is clueless of what actually happens at their sites

-local management is misleading and more concerned about secondary jobs instead of coaching employees and spending time on site.

-absolutely no upward mobility

-insecure alphas who bully and do not care about their employees
Pros
People u meet
Cons
Almost everything
Productive environment/
Health Fitness Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2016
The company promotes health and fitness strategies in a corporate workplace setting. High energy workplace with group fitness
Productive and Informtional experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 31, 2016
I learned so much during my internship at HealthFitness. While I was there I was responsible for helping to maintain a safe and fun environment so that members can come in and workout to relieve the stresses of their day. I learned invaluable lessons like demonstrating outstanding customer service, how to accurately teach a group exercise class and the importance of organization.

If ever given a chance to intern or work for HealthFitness, I would highly recommend it. It is hard work but it is also very rewarding.
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Fitness Internship at Cisco (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2016
Everyone is really friendly and there is a great team environment at this site. A good place to work and create a career. Could not have asked for a better place to complete my internship at.
Great opportunity
Executive (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 12, 2016
HealthFitness is a great place to work if you are looking for a "start up" culture. The management team is eager to be a market leader and they are using competitive analysis and some new delivery/partnership strategies to get there.