HealthFitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun Work Place
Injury Prevention Professional (Current Employee) –  Anna, OHAugust 3, 2018
Conduct employee injury prevention programs, education and training.
• Develop exercise programs specific to injury prevention and conditioning needs.
• Collects and document appropriate program data to support the ROI process.
• Develop, promote and market wellness and general education programs.
• Supports Associate Care Teams with job function assessment, incident investigation and associate care management.
• Preform other duties as needed/assigned.
Good learning environment
Health Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 28, 2018
Health Fitness provides a place to learn and expand as a professional. They are supportive with your ideas and give you an opportunity to follow through with them. Overall a good place to grow and gain a solid footing in the fitness industry.
Pros
Colloborative
Enjoyed my time there - thought I would be there for 20 years or more
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2018
Fast pace environment with lots of opportunity to get involved both at your site and others across the region or country. Most clients align and partner very well with HealthFitness and if your in this situation out in the field it can be a great way to earn a living.
Pros
People, day to day work, opportunities to make a difference
Cons
A lost client can lead to lost position or relocation to stay with the company
a review summery
Health Screener (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2018
nice place to work at i like the company its a good place to start working when in school, i like that you get to have fancy hotels and be able to travel quite a lot
Pros
work when you want to work
Cons
sometimes schedules are full
good temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 11, 2018
very good training on medicl insurance and computer systems
great management support for questions and issues
challenging and fun position
very short temp placement
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short placement
Good company to work for
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  NJJune 25, 2018
Since day 1, HealthFitness has always been very supportive of my career. I have had the opportunity to work with fantastic individuals that have helped me grow in my career and they offer tons of T&D for their employees particularly their managers.
Great coworkers and managent,
Health Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 11, 2018
I have greatly enjoyed my time working with HealthFitness. Great coworkers and the client experience is rewarding. Unfortunately at my site, there is not many options for advancement without relocation. I will also be moving in the fall and my new home is not near a Health Fitness client site.
Pros
Pto, good coworkers, rewarding experience
Cons
mediocre pay, no room for advancement at current site
Solid Job
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2018
If you love traveling and working with new groups of people and new companies then this job is for you! Conducts biometric screenings for clients. High paced and a nice team environment.
Hated this place.
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2018
Worst job I have ever had in 25+ years in IT. Management was awful. The coding environment was a joke. No source control beyond backups. All the responsibility with no actual authority.
Pros
Near some good restaurants
Lacking Leadership and Good Hiring Decisions
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  NationwideJune 5, 2018
The less you work at HealthFitness the more you move up the ladder. They don't pay for training. The managers and leaders are lacking in skills and training. Health Fitness Professionals are skilled at what they do but the company has lost their focus on the people.
Pros
Workout at Work, Rewarded for Performing Poorly
Cons
Low Salaries, Favoritism
Supportive Team
Event Recruitment & Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 25, 2018
Good culture and work life balance. Minimal room for advancement, stagnate company growth with high turnover. Create effective health management programs for clients.
health care
Health/biometric screener (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
On the individual level, infusion is the way we interact with your participants in a personalized way. Each participant is assessed and assigned a unique combination of professional advisors, screenings and health and wellness programs. Personal interactions and progress are supported by digital tools to cultivate and maintain engagement.

The end result is better health, infused into the daily operations of your organization—what becomes your completely unique culture of health.
Very vibrant and productive place to work
SR Business Test Analyst/QA Tester (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 25, 2018
The management team was focused and forward thinking. Environment was stable the majority of the time. Very solid shop to work in and be a part of the changes.
Pros
Nice patio to each lunch, serene campus setting
Cons
Interrior cubicles of the bld were dark
Health Fitness Professional
Health Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 19, 2018
Loved the job from the beginning but things turned downhill. I wish there was more advancement but it takes awhile to get there. The hours are alright but that's the fitness industry for you.
Pros
Bettering the lives of people
Cons
No room for growth, poor management
On-call
Group Exercise Instructor, Staff Relief (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 9, 2018
While working for Health Fitness Corporation I was able to complete a dietetic internship. Providing the on-call opportunities was a great way to earn some money while completing the DI program.
Pros
Hours are flexible.
Cons
Work is unpredictable.
Great experience.
PROGRAM MANAGER III (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 2, 2018
My work at HealthFitness is cutting edge and exciting. I am always challenged with the variety of services that we provide. A great opportunity for growth!
Great place to gain experience
Event Recruitment and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 1, 2018
Flexible place to work. Great people and company culture. Pretty relaxed atmosphere and slower place work. If you're into fitness they have walking work stations.
Health Fitness Corporation
Corporate Yoga & Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAMarch 9, 2018
I have worked for them over twelve years now and they are great company to work. I worked for them both in Massachusetts for eight years and now in Baltimore, MD. They have a great reputation and are easy to work with and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to teach at multiple locations.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
I worked from a home office
Service Delivery Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2018
They company overall was a good place to start a career. They just do not provide a lot of training and job advancement unless work at the home offices.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Bad work life balance
Good for gaining experience
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2018
I was appreciative of my job, starting out right out of college. The team of coworkers were always supportive and there was a unity to the teams.
However, management was overbearing and job demands were too high. The amount of calls required as a health adviser was too high; very draining.
Pros
Benefits, supportive team
Cons
Micromanagement, boring work