HealthHelp Employee Reviews

Nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Would recommend to others and is a good company. The training for the company is easy to catch on. I was able to catch on to information at a nice speed in training.
fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYDecember 21, 2017
I liked the Job there was no flexibility. I liked the people I worked with.
I had a good Supervisor. I didn't like the job bidding I like to know and keep my schedule the same, not changed every 6 months. The pay rate was also not good.
Nice place to work
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2017
As a customer service agent my work load was sometimes above average. I did enjoy working there and would gladly go back. Management was as management is...each individual is unique. They encouraged teamwork and being a team player in all aspects; both work and play.
Busy Heathcare call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYOctober 4, 2017
My main issue with HealthHelp is that they did not value their employees. In that experienced employees would be paid less that new hires. The standards presented for advancement made it near impossible to advance. An example is that bathroom breaks are timed and if you use up more time than allocated, it counts against your statistics. A second example is breaks and lunch are scheduled for a specific time and if the phone call goes over your scheduled lunch time, it affects your statistics, even though those calls are out of your control.
Interesting work, some management issues
Senior Trend Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
There's never a dull moment here at HealthHelp. The services the company provides are cutting-edge, innovative, and really impressive; and the work that we do to support those services is, for the most part, consistent with that.
Fast pace, overworked, low morale, management favoritism.
Clinical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2017
I worked at HealthHelp for almost 4 years and it was ok at first because the previous manager had great leadership skills, but when that manager left everything changed. The pay for Nurses is horrible and not compatible for Nurses like other alike companies, but I decided to give this company a try anyway because of the close proximity to my home (18 minutes). Please just keep in mind they ONLY give raises every 3 years. Overtime is scarce and when it is available it's given to certain Nurses only. The current management team is unprofessional and goes by the "favoritism" method. They will assign you to the most demanding and stressful duties if you're not one of the "chosen" ones. The telephone queue is horrible, as soon as you hang up with a caller another automatically comes in without you being able to take a breath. When a new policy about the reviewing process is implemented, you will get a 30 minute trading and forced to sign an attestation stating you are 100% understanding of the information that was just "inadequately" given to you. Nursing management is unwilling to listen to you when you do attempt to voice your concerns because their trying to save themselves from any blame. The moral is low and there's no attempt to increase it. I could just go on and on about why this is a terrible place to work especially for Nurses, but I would never stop writing. I actually tried to talk to management before resigning to no avail. I just had to get out of there. Just know you've been warned about HealthHelp.
Pros
Possibly to work from home.
Cons
Relentless telephone queues, unprofessional management, low morale.
Worst place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Extremely high turnover. They chase away good employees by overloading them with work and providing no support and then blaming them when they falter. Extremely poor communication from the top down. Never had a day off as every single day of planned PTO was interrupted many times by leadership.
Pros
Nice office space, good pay, some good people
Cons
Expected to work long hours, blamed for not knowing things you were never told or had no way of knowing
Okay!
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
As usual with any call center, a typical day was busy. There is no drive to keep your morale high. However, overtime was a great benefit. The company also sponsored a Christmas Party.
very fun work place
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
The enjoyable part of the job is you get calls from all over USA and listening to different language which was very interesting
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2016
Bad experience with a Supervisor that caused me my job. Very unprofessional supervisors , Not a private place at all,no confidentiality.
Pros
Fun Place
Cons
Short Breaks, Rude Supervisors
horrible place to work, not worth applying to.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I have worked in customer service over 15 years in various jobs, and all I can say about this company (East Greenbush, NY location) is it just a large sweatshop trying to act like they know what they are doing and don't really have a clue. Lousy pay, benefits are a joke, you supposedly get two weeks of vacation a year and yet can't even get a couple of hours off for a dentist appointment without it become a big mess between HR and management. Supervisors are a joke, they hire people without any managerial experience and then shove stupid rules down the throats of the employees while dangling the idea of a "bonus" which no one can achieve due to their own "fuzzy" math on your personal stats! The turn over rate is just astounding but not surprising, since new employees finally see what is going on and get the heck out as quick as they can. Of course they are hiring just about anything that can walk through the doors. My best advice is do not ever apply here, just move on to Maximus or somewhere else, this place is not worth it.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, bad management, need I say more?
GREAT MONEY, Decent Enviroment
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Very Unstable company to work for. I felt like they were always changing upper management, and now Humana is being bought out.
workplace is good
IT & Facility Coord. (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2015
No raise in 5 yrs.All clerical duties, Microsoft Office 2010, Lotus, Excel, Word, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8,and Helpdesk Administrator in a call center. Management experience, payroll, ordering products
Pros
Fun
Cons
no raise
Busy
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush NyJune 15, 2015
Healthhelp would be a good place to work if it were not for all the politics that go on there. Biggest turn over I have ever seen. Not a good place to work If you want a life . No vacation time unless you save all your PTO And sick day. when you request time off most of the time you are denied. I have been lied to their by a supervisor and ended up with the worst shift possible . Some of the supervisors are passive aggressive and laugh when they let people go. I have work in one form or another in the Health care field most of my life and enjoy it just sad the way you are treated.at this place. The best way to describe the job is a sweetshop for clerical workers
Being productive,understanding and professional.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston,TxJune 10, 2015
Healthhelp is a okay place of employment. Here I've learned that the patient is very important. Your personality,knowledge, and tone is a major part of your job in customer service. Co-workers also play a major part with my job. Once it understood that we come to do a job and work together as a group of professional people and a team, everything is good. There is really not a hard part of the job. It's the way an individual approaches it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have helped the person on the other end of the phone. Knowing they are pleased at end of the call.
Good place to work if not for politics
Client Support (Former Employee) –  HoustonApril 30, 2015
I worked here with support program, I honestly loved the job. I only started to notice there is no room to further education within this company. They dont bend schedules for everyone. It is a very cliquey enviroment. You are more likely to advance by who you know rather than your performance or skills. Managers/Supervisors are unprofessional and gossip but discourage anyone else to have conversations not pertaining to work. If you need to have a day off you can have the pto put the request and still get it denied if someone else has that day off. This is a good starter job until you find something better. The work load is heavy on some days but balances on others. Your coworkers make it easier. The atmosphere is quiet, and clean. Just dont get too comfortable.
Pros
free lunch some days, great coworkers, Workplace enviroment is great.
Cons
Short breaks, politics, unprofessional, scheduling
Very good place of employment
Project Manager/ Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
One if my favorite jobs, I loved working with my collogues and clients
Awesome job.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
I have gained a lot of knowledge in the health care field and I love the fact that my job enables me to help impact people's lives so much because I love helping others. The hardest part of the job is advancement.
comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
relaxed work
my co workers were youner than me
the pay was not worth the work required
Pros
relaxed enviorment
Cons
not enough pay
It was a very loving place to work
Billing and (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
It was a stable place to work.They had alot of energy and kept you going.