HealthNow New York Inc. Employee Reviews

poor Management
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 1, 2018
They'll hire their friends with no degrees i management positions. I have degrees and experience and have been moving in a lateral position for 4 yrs
Great place to work.
Administrative Clerk, Hearings Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY 13902June 25, 2018
We lost the contract or I would still be there. People had pride in their work. Fast paced and had to send out files in a timely manner. The company lost bid for Medicare contact. The other company underbid, rumors that they cheated. Not worth money to appeal.
Pros
Great employees to work with. Learning experience. Learned how to work with temperamental copier.
Cons
Had to ship files off-site then retrieve when next hearing level occurred.
It was fun working at Helathnow.
QA Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 13, 2018
It use to be hetictic work at helathnow sometimes but i use to using enjoy working in those kind of scedules we can learn new thing in those kind of projects.
Culture change had been incredible
Health care services Team (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 3, 2017
I presently work here and the culture change over the last year or so has been amazing! They have a great work life balance focus, compensate employees well, potential of an annual Bonus and raise.

They encourage employee feedback and input. Offer Lower premiums for employees, onsite gym, employee challenges throughout the year. Free parking, dress down day Fridays ($2 every Friday and the collected money goes back to the community)

I cannot say enough. So proud to work here
Pros
Cafeteria on site, 11 paid holidays a year
Cons
IT has challenges for their employees
Although I was a temp I felt apart of the team and cannot wait to return
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 14, 2017
What I enjoyed the most about working there was how friendly and helpful every one was. I was not receiving benefits, but the culture plus the benefits makes this a great place to work!
Pros
Flexibility, people, benefits
Cons
Didn't see any
Great colleagues, questionable managment
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 1, 2017
The majority of professionals and staff are intelligent and dedicated. People eagerly learn the tasks that need to be done and can generally be left to them with independence. Most training is OJT, though in-house introductory classes are available in technology and the business. Work hours can be flexible and importance of family/personal needs is recognized. Many people are friends outside of work, which contributes to both good collaboration but also cliques. Albeit job changes do occur so employees can build experience, the process is unstructured (a bit of the wild west), and departments regularly have unfilled positions with no preemptive backfill and training of replacements. The company structure is somewhat flat, and people placed into supervisory or management positions often have zero formal training or corporate-type experience in those roles. Standardization of processes for defining job expectations, performance reviews and salary increases within and across departments doesn't appear to exist, which contributes to gross inequalities. That being said, people across the board, top to bottom, tend to be very friendly and accessible.
Cut throat environment
Data Analyst/Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 7, 2017
You are better off leaving the company and then returning if you desire a raise. Corporate culture needs and overhaul! No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Lots of paid time off
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Good company
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 24, 2017
Great benefits, busy work day, some positions monotonous while others are very hectic. Management is removed due to poor communication and heavy workload for management (they simply don't have time to engage fully).
Pros
benefits, work/life balance
Cons
removed management, high stress
Good work/life balance
Medical Fraud and Abuse Investigator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 20, 2017
Self paced, WFH, onsite gym and parking, great cafeteria, no dictatorship. Able to prioritize own work, nice area, building was great. People not always the friendliest, lack of collaboration from within departments
Pros
onsite services
Cons
not much around
Good Employees, difficult management
Provider Relations Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2017
Enjoyed working with individuals from the community. Workforce was very diverse but yet very similar in ideas family living. People really card and showed commitment to hard work.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Not very flexible
Customer Service Call Center
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2017
A normal day i answered 50+ calls regarding primary care physicians , what was covered on policies. Advising what Doctors/Specialists were accepting clients.
Excellent place to work
Enrollment & Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I was with this company for many years, excellent co workers, outstanding benefits, loved helping our customers and vendors
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
not many promotional opportunities in our division of the company
Good Company Very difficult work with Little rewards.
I worked there (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 12, 2016
I do miss working for HealthNow. My coworkers and peers were amazing talented people although there was frustration with management all the way up to the CEO of the organization. There is no career growth within the organization it is all based on nepotism and who you know versus how good and experienced of an employee you are. The health benefits are amazing, I was spoiled with how inexpensive they were even through the entire Healthcare reform bill. I currently pay 6 times more for benefits at my new company than I did at HealthNow. Overall I would recommend working there.
Pros
Benefits, Benefits, amazing employee workforce.
Cons
Management are Rude Liars
Great people, great environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2016
People are great and always willing to help out. Corporate culture is great and makes sure to stress a work/life balance. Benefits are comparable if not better than competitors.
Excellent leadership and tremendous opportunity
Manager, Account Retention - West Region (Current Employee) –  sacrOctober 25, 2016
Great team environment and employee engagement. Extremely pleasant to work with all levels of employees. The leadership really embraces the comments and suggestions of the employees. Excellent facilities, including full gym.
Excellent company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I enjoy the different tasks that I do every day. I have been able to learn a lot working here ... No two days are exactly the same. There is a teamwork attitude among my co-workers.
Pros
Great flexibility and benefits
Cons
Based in Buffalo. Small office in Endicott is being downsized again.
Loved the people I worked with, the job itself was very detailed oriented and high production was required
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 28, 2016
When I first started with the company (Johnson Administrations) it was ran and owned by a wonderful family, the president of the company knew everyone by their first name. I started out in the file room and worked my way up to a medical claims analyst. I loved everyone that I worked with as they were all very genuinely nice people, I still to this day am in contact with some of them. As the years past the company was sold multiple times and with each brought out my job would change , change is good. The last company that took us over was Healthnow NY a sister company to Blue Cross & Blue Shield .
The hardest part of the job I would say was being able to produce & maintain the production & quality stats. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and under.
Pros
Flexible when I needed to leave early
Cons
The expectations to have high productions number, high quality stats daily/weekly
Loved my job
,Written Inquires Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 14, 2016
one of the best places I ever worked. Great benefits holidays and vacations. Sad we lost our contact and our jobs. Would recommend working here
There was no job security
Eligibility Representative (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAJuly 7, 2015
At the time that I was hired at HealthNow New York, they were beginning to make the switch over to everything being electronic. Therefore, there was no job security once the system was implemented full-time.

While they were implementing this new system, there was a lot of time where the systems were down and you could not complete your job duties or take provider phone calls. There would be days on end that would consist of this.

I was also never offered benefits while working there and I was a full-time employee. There was also no room for advancement.
Good fun job
ODM Lead Developer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2015
Had enough fun at work. Easy job , not much challenging . Mostly batch jobs. Not much to complain other than too lazy environment
Pros
easy job, fun, fantastic workplace
Cons
lazy job boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthNow New York Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

HealthNow New York Inc. Reviews by Location