HealthPark Valet Employee Reviews

Fun active job with good management.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLDecember 8, 2017
Had an amazing manager that was very easy to talk to for any problems I had during work. Very laid back but also quite a lot of fun. Enjoyed working here everyday.
Fickle management with poor communication skills
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 20, 2017
Days as a valet are spent greeting arrivals, parking and retrieving vehicles, and a significant amount of walking and running. Typically I was able to log at least 20,000 steps per day during a shift. Management turns over frequently at HealthPark, and any change could result in a replacement of large portions of the crew.
Pros
Sometimes there is schedule flexibility.
Cons
Communication is poor among management, they rarely hire any females, and there is no paid time off of any kind.
One of my favorite jobs
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 13, 2017
This job was very fun. You get to help others that are coming to the hospital and park cars. I had to move to the city but hope this company hires me again in Chicago.
Pros
You get tips
Cons
Working outside
Love this job
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 19, 2017
If you do not like working outside or the occasional rude customer then this is not for you. Otherwise i love this job. The pay is decent, plus tips. Hours are good and they always give me 40 hours per week. At times work can be hard, rain, heat and the such but it is always rewarding. I have been here for 1 year and have been promoted to lead valet attendant at my entrance. My manager started out as a valet attendant 2 years ago. I have also seen this opportunity at other HealthPark sites and feel that they try to provide growth from current employees. Management is always fair and the company owners are very nice too. I would definitely recommend this job if you like to work outdoors and like to help others.
Pros
Good Hours and pay. healthcare benefits, paid lunches.
Cons
some customers can be very nasty and you get blamed for crazy stuff. Getting rained on.
Best Job I ever had
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Work is very easy! Smile, help people, and park cars. People are very appreciative of what we do. Flexible to accommodate my school schedule and work with a good group of guys.
Pros
Flexible Schedule for school and go home everyday with tips
Don't do it to yourself
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2017
I worked this job for over a year. In that time, management switched all around. The regional manager micro-manages at different hospital sites. She has family members which she shows favoritism to and has them be her little birds for dirt on anyone. God forbid one of those family members doesn't like you as they will do anything to get you fired. With the exception of being tardy (2-5 minutes late) to work some days. I was one of the top 3 hardest workers, fastest to get cars and one of the friendliest to patients/visitors. One day I did 12 cars and received no tip and not so much as a thank you. Afterwards I jokingly mentioned keeping a list of those kinds of people ONCE after retrieving a car that didnt even acknowledge my existence. A week later the regional manager comes by and asks me about, I tell her the truth and that I was joking and dont have a list so she can search my phone or my pockets. Instead of receiving a write up for a simple comment I said to one of my coworkers and not a patient/visitor, I get my fulltime hours cut to 4 hour shifts. Apparently the sister of the regional manager had snitched my comment that she eavesdropped to hear. I did not have any write ups on record. People have received write ups for worse things. But instead, they cut the hours I need to survive and support my daughter which they know good and well. I immediately put in my two weeks and didnt finish out the 2 weeks as they wanted me to finish out with part time.

Basically anyone going to the Greensboro area needs to consider the micro-managing of this company. I will also add
  more... that the sister of the regional manager wasnt making enough money so she tried to get her sister push a "pool tip" policy like they have at the Moses Cone site. Needless to say it didnt happen due to the fact not a single other soul working there wanted to pool tips. But it goes to show how her family members can potentially effect your job hours or job security.

In the end, I would suggest looking into other jobs as the stress from management is not worth the headache. They dont really care about their employees unless youre related or been there longer than 3 years.
Pros
Decent money, friendly coworkers
Cons
micro-management, ever changing policies, treatment of employees, spying, snitching, drama tension, 30 minute breaks
Able to work at different places
Valet Attendant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2017
A typical day for me at work is writing down all my numbers and getting my day started. I love greeting customers as they come in for an appointment, parking and retrieving cars throughout my shift. Management is so Awesome!!! Anything I need they try to accommodate. Hardest part is knowing that the customers are always right even when there not. I love interacting with the patients that come through.
Pros
It's First Shift
Cons
Finding someone to work when your employee doesn't show up
Dont do it!
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAOctober 14, 2016
This is an awful job, there is no management at all. Very difficult to work with, the manager has no clue what she's doing. There is no room for advancement and you get treated like a child. They have discrimination issues and they are racist.
Pros
Pays decent
Cons
No managment
Upper management sucks
Site Manager well now supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 28, 2016
- Does not provided benefits for no one not even site manager
- Works in any weather even thunderstorms
- Water is never provided when running in 90 degrees weather ( not in budget )
- You are talked to like you are uneducated
- They do not like people who have a voice

As current site manager well I just informed I was an supervisor when this add was posted when I conduct all business in site for past 11 months. Upper management does not care about nothing but their money and it shows. You cannot move up here only have a stable position and deal with unstable management.

Only thing that keeps me coming is the love for the patients and the love they have for our service.
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Working for know it all's
not a place to work
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2016
they don't pay u holiday pay...when u are full-time and they have holidays off. u have to park junk cars and deal with rude people when u are providing a free service.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no holiday pay, no tips, pay is not great, its a hire and fire kind of place
Energetic and compassionate people
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 6, 2016
This company only works in hospitals which sets rhem apart form other valet companies. We get to work out side and assist patients. It's so gratifying to know that what we do every day, is to help others. The hospital staff truly appreciates our service for their patients.
Pros
Helping others. Fun working environment
Cons
Working outside can get hot or cold, a physical job.
Would only work here again in life/death situation
Valet attendant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 2, 2016
Management is awful and does not care about employees period. Only good thing is the hours. They make you pay 200$ for a 20$ uniform. They expect you to pick up trash during slow periods. There is 0 advancement. Constantly interviewing and hiring people so they feel that any one hired is very replaceable. As a current employee , if it wasn't for the hours I would and tips I would rather work fast food. Also they will mess up your check, they take 50$ from every check to pay for 200$ uniform deposit
Pros
Hours and tips
Cons
Everything except for hours and tips
Horrible Place to work
Valet (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2015
Horrible place to work. Doesn't take care of their employee's what so ever. You don't even get any benefits out of it at all and you have to pay for your uniform. The uniforms are horrible they fall apart way to easy, and they take $220 out of your pay check for them not all at once though. They messed up on my pay checks like crazy, and someone ran a car mirror into a pillar and needed to get 3 car estimates on it just for a mirror.
Pros
40 hours a week for sure
Cons
Everything about it besides hours.
Fun work day, very social environment
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJuly 23, 2015
Fun, but simple work environment. Exposure to a diverse group of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including the customers. Comfortable personal environment with management and administrators of the business.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short lunches, no benfits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPark Valet. Our community is ready to answer.

HealthPark Valet Reviews by Job Title