HealthPartners Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 13, 2019
Typically the work was the same day to day. I never delt with management at the residence. The hardest part of the job was when the aids did'nt show up to help. The patient was quit large and hard to move. I very much enjoyed the client and his parents.
more oversight needed
FINANCIAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2019
More control of upper management. It seems like the wild west in some work groups. The same rules do not apply in each work site and there is a huge lack of training.
Fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 6, 2019
Great company to work for. Management is involved and cares about employees. Benefits are amazing, and they allow purchase of additional paid time off.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture
Best benefits
LPN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2019
I love my job, and you cant beat the benefits anywhere. There are many politics, but if you come to work and do your job. Its very satisfying. You can move up with nursing degrees and I never feel unappreciated.
Beware, they say it's okay to get errors and follow up with leads but really that's not the case. Poor advancement rate.. Only 18 of 20 were hired
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 2, 2019
Future Employees Stay Away From This Company!! I was working at HealthPartners through a temp service. I successfully completed my three weeks of intense training to become a Appointment Scheduler/Insurance Agent. They told all of us in training that it was completely fine to get errors because we would be working with leads would would help us fix them. I was on the floor for a week and a half and got 4 errors and I followed up with my leads and fixed them. No big deal. I was about to head into work on a Thursday and I got a call from my temp service agent that HealthPartners had let me go. They had no information as to why either. All they could tell me is that it was over errors. I asked what errors and my agent didn't know. I was frustrated and really sad. I didn't understand why I was let go over errors since I was told many, many, many times that it was okay to get errors.

About a week later I find I out that it was over phone errors. I accidentally transferred a couple people to the wrong clinic. I never even got the chance to meet my supervisor. My leads nor supervisor informed me about these errors. They just let me go. I couldn't believe it and I still can't and it happened over 4 months ago. How horrible of the leads and company to do this to me. Especially when is employees were always told it was okay to get errors.

Later on I found out a few other things about this shady company.. My Co worker was also let go for phone errors as well but nobody followed up with her about them. They just let her go on a Wednesday. Also the training class before me only 18
  more... of the 20 actually got hired on. That is a horrible rate! They have training class after training class as well. That says alot! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!  less
Pros
Some co workers, Lunchroom
Cons
Being lied too, poor management, poor leads, a failure of a company
great
Mobile Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 29, 2019
very nice, great people, flexible work schedules, on bus and metro rail lines. huge cafeteria, next to mall and airport for quick getaways or business travel
Good place to start
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 29, 2019
Health partners is very giving to the community and we care about our patients. We makes smiles bigger day by day. We are all about the community and making things easier and cheaper to make our patients happier, we understand the frustrations of a tooth ache.
Pros
Hour lunch, paid leave time
Informed incorrectly
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 28, 2019
They require employees to be certified in 7 months from hire but in order to be certified, you need to be under the supervision of a certain physician for 6 months and then the process to approve the paperwork is another month and if you don't pass the test for certification, you will be out of a job. This should be a year from hire date.
This is a healthcare organization not a software shop
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Anyone in IT should know this not the ideal work environment for people in software. During the time I was there, they did not practice SDLC. After I left, a new CTO came in, and hopefully things have improved.
Pros
Fun corporate culture .
Cons
Not a software shop
Loved my job!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 10, 2019
Would do anything to go back. Moved do to my husbands job
Awesome coworkers
Set hours
Friendly
Help was always there when needed
Good benefits
Caring people
Fast-paced call center, stressful, yet there is a huge sense of collaboration.
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 7, 2019
If you do not mind working with insurance, HealthPartners is a good option. The work place is supportive, and you get paid training. It can be stressful and quick paced, but if you have good work-life balance, then it is not too bad. HealthPartners is a great employer and makes the call center employee experience palatable.
Pros
Insurance benefits, amount of PTO, M-F shifts
Cons
Stressful, Content: health insurance
Free Lunch Fridays
CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 1, 2019
Working environment is fast paced. Medical organization company. This is a credentialing medical business company. Specializes in credentialing medical providers.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Management Team
Did my internship here
CMA Extern (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNDecember 31, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here learning about the health care field and getting first hand experience. the nursing staff was incredible and the environment was top notch
Quality Corporate Sales
Sales, Commercial Individual (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2018
Very favorable overall, Management is helpful and never micro managed, we have a great deal of freedom. Hardest part of the job is learning the small details quickly.
Pros
Working with experienced professionals that are helpful
Cons
No remote work days
Member health came first
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2018
Health Partners Plans, tried to always make sure the members health was first. It was a wonderful place to work Unfortunately the company went into the Medicare business and has been bleeding cash ever since. The company is now downsizing.
I loved working with different doctors
OPTOMETRIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 25, 2018
I was an Optometric Assistant who floated throughout the Health Partners System.

I worked with many different optometrists which really helped me to learn a variety of aspects of my job. I gained a lot of medical knowledge in this position. The people I worked with were all very professional and we made great teams. I'm all about team work, because what one person doesn't think of the next person does.

I roomed patients, did glaucoma checks on patients, taught people how to insert and remove contacts and much more.
Very faced paced
Check-in Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNDecember 20, 2018
At Health Partners you work in a very fast paced. You are not recognized for the hard work you do. They treat you like you are another number instead of a person with feelings. There is a lot of favoritism going on. I would never want to work for Health Partners again!
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Too much favortism
good
Ops Control Analyst IS - HealthPartners/Regions (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 18, 2018
fast pace, innovative, good people long term. Learned new things regularly. low key office, casual daywear. work with a lot of brainy people that are generally willing to assist and/or explain.
Pros
good medical and dental insurance
Cons
on call 24x7
Poor place to work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  from homeDecember 10, 2018
Supervisors without proper training, human resources the same. Loved my job but management was substandard and not educated in the field they were in. Unreliable, no job security.
Productive and welcoming environment
Enrollment Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2018
Loved working here as a temp employee I would go back in a heartbeat if ever offered. Loved the people, management, and the overall atmosphere was very welcoming even as a temp.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPartners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight