HealthPartners Employee Reviews

Unrealistic expectations
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at HP when I first started but when things get hard it seems like you are under a microscope and nothing you do is right. They expect you to only have 4 unplanned days in a 12 month period which is unrealistic especially if one has a mental illness. A typical work day includes you verifying insurance for providers, informing members how their insurance works and who is in network for their policy as well as checking prior authorization requirements. I had a little insurance knowledge when I started here but after the 5 week training they make you go through before going out on the floor helped me learn A LOT. Id say the hardest part about this job is you have a set schedule. You go to lunch and break at certain times which can often be super far apart or super close together and you have a time frame to how much you can spend going to the bathroom. Most enjoyable part I would say is the coworkers that I have around me.
Pros
Great health insurance and option to purchase additional PTO
Cons
Have to plan PTO 6 months ahead of time, unplanned expectations, management
Quality Review Specialist/Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
I loved the culture of the company, they made you feel appreciated and it showed based on compensation, raises and bonuses. Annual holiday party and luncheon was amazing. They do alot in the community. The CEO was actually a “real” person, very approachable and open to ideas and concerns. Overall amazing company to work for!
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Promoting is based on who likes who and not what you know
Excellent place to work
Certified Medical Assistant, Lead II (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Clinic was well informed of changes to policies and procedures. Benefits are great. Advancement opportunities available and compensation for higher education.
Tries to accomodate life schedules
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNAugust 1, 2018
Tries to accomodate life schedules. Very flexible times for patients. My location is open every day. It is a beautiful environment to work in daily. Hours seem to work for most patients.
Good but no job Security
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 24, 2018
Good work, rewarding, and teachs alot of skills. BUT no job security you could work with one client for months and then be dropped and have a new client location and hours hard to plan a life around
Pros
Change locations, new people, can work as much you want
Cons
Clients can have you do whatever or send you to the curb
Patient Account Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 24, 2018
I hadn't yet had my family so my job was a big part of my life and I was working a lot. It was worth it though as it got me recognized as a valued employee and rewarded with promotions.
My manager was the best part of this job.
Provider Data Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
My manager was the best part of this job. It really depends on what department you work for and what kind of manager you have. I had a completely different experience than some other employees.
I enjoyed working at Health Partners
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 16, 2018
This company gave me the start to my pharmacy career. I had no training or experience and my co-workers were very helpful and encouraging in training me in. I do feel like we could have had more staff meetings to keep us up to date in company matters.
Pros
friendly co workers
Good Company to work for
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 16, 2018
The atmosphere was great because of your co-workers. Supervisors were not very helpful though. It was hard to get time off without penalty if your kid gets sick or yourself. You would still have to come to work while sick. Although they strongly recommend you come into work but then your'e penalized.
Interesting Place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 11, 2018
It was a job that kept us busy but the micromanaging was unbearable. More communication was needed. I feel that the employees could have been included more.
Great Benefits
RideCare Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 10, 2018
HealthPartners is a great place to work with great benefits, they lack compassion for there employees when they are sick or needing to take leave for any reason.
Bad communication and treat employees badly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed the work I was doing at health partners, however, I was not please in the slightest with the way I was treated by management. I would not recommend working here.
Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJuly 4, 2018
Some days are good and some are not so good. Work is work, I dont know what else to say. Ive learned alot and continue to learn more everyday. Any job can be done, if you want to get it done.
Great Place to Work
Lead Pharmacy Technician II Cert. (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 1, 2018
HealthPartners is a great place to work. There are a lot of opportunities and they truly care about their employees and the people they serve. The work is fulfilling and there's such a strong sense of companionship.
Typical Day
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2018
Very busy and many projects on the table. Awesome place to learn time management skills. Change management was always pushed to the limits. Lots of good collaboration between teams.
Great people but....
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 27, 2018
Everybody at HealthPartners was really nice but the main issue that I noticed was the medical assistants had ideas to make the clinic run a bit better/faster but after the rare meetings it would just be ignored and we had to do whatever the doctor wanted even if it wasn't beneficial of our time or the patients time.
A great place to work
Medical Transcriptionist, Remote (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55425June 27, 2018
A great company with great benefits. The pay was excellent until all of us transcriptionists were laid off due to outsourcing. I would work here again.
Moving Forward Company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 21, 2018
Great company to work for. The DON is awesome, team player who listens to all problems and concerns whether its with patients or staff. Works in all capacities of the job. While this company has not been around as long as some of the others, it has great potential. I call it a smaller Sentara. Give it a try.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Paid every other Friday
Worst place to work if working in food services!!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 16, 2018
Night time Management at Methodist Hospital discriminated against an employee and nothing was done about it. Other employees knew as well as the director of food services. Management tried saving themselves by trying to terminate! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND PARK NICOLLET OR HEALTHPARTNERS!
Cons
Discrimination
Great Benefits
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJune 14, 2018
Have worked for HP over 10 years, it was a nice place to work and I am only leaving due to moving out of state. The benefits are generous and pay is competetive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPartners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight