HealthPartners Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
most enjoyabe part of the job
MSHO/MSC+ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 8, 2018
I liked that our mentors were available if we needed them. I liked that our peers were so kind and helpful in answering questions I had. We had a culture of being on time.
Pros
paper driven and update driven
Cons
this forces and challenges me to move forward and learn new things. Great.
nice people to work with
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 4, 2018
I verify insurances, answer phones, schedule appointments, clean exam rooms, check patients in, verify information in charts, take and process payments.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
short breaks
Lack of teamwork/stressful environment.
Center Receptionist/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Carlisle, OH 45344May 4, 2018
Teamwork isn't being pushed. Very High school dramatic environment. Stressful with many tasks to do. Had many duties to do and when you thought you were doing a good job management would bring another load of things to do while someone else was twiddling thumbs. Great benefits indeed but lack of management.
Pros
good benefits/bonus per year
Cons
people call off alot, load of work, small building for many patients
It was great to work here for experience.
Volunteer Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 3, 2018
This was an internship and I was able to obtain my hours and experience required to obtain my certification. The people who I worked with were helpful and instructive.
Hard place to work with the management
CRNP (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 2, 2018
Poor management, very little resources to work with, Rules are made up as you go with management. I would not recommend working for this company at all.
Pros
serving the community
Cons
management
A great company
Operations Control Analyst, IS (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 1, 2018
The work culture at HealthPartners is terrific. They encourage healthy choices for their customers and employees. They are a great company to work for.
Productive envionment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
Everyday is different with supporting over 25 VPs, Medical Directors and Managers things change within a blink of a eye. From Scheduling meeting and also attending meeting. I transcribe the meetings. I manage payroll for my department. Travel and expenses
Pros
Cons
Managment
Urgent Care job
Physician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 24, 2018
Began as decent job; owner became targeted for Medicare/Medicaid fraud and subsequently lost license as business collapsed. I had not renewed contract prior to this happening.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Poor leadership
Poorly run criminal company
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 23, 2018
Managers are rude and have no respect to employee but have a full support from higher managers including HealthPartners President and CEO. Managers (some with zero education) are forcing pharmacist to violate state/federal rules - dispense wrong, unnecessary (duplication therapy), and adulterated drugs on the regular basis to the patients in order to increase profit; commit pharmacy fraud - steal money from Medicare and Medicaid. Financially pharmacy business run very poorly, loosing market to competitors. Managers firing people for made up reasons. Corrupted Minnesota Board of Pharmacy vigorously covering HealthPartners' pharmacy criminal activity.
Pros
Some help from Union
Cons
Criminal company forcing pharmacists violate state and federal statutes
HealthPartners is a good place to work
Quality Consultant - Project Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 23, 2018
Workplace culture was friendly and I enjoyed the colleagues I worked with. Meaningful work that improved the quality of services provided to Medicare Members. My professional enthusiasm was stimulated with the projects focused on improving quality for our Medicare members. Make Good Happen is genuine at HealthPartners.
Pros
Great people work at HealthPartners
Cons
Blind sided re-organization exit that had nothing to do with my performance

Want to know more about HealthPartners?

Ask a question
In touch with employees, excellent pay and benefits
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2018
Healthpartners provided good work life balance and excellent compensation for their nurses. Nurses have an important role of direct feedback with management and for the majority of issues that arise, RN's are listened to and opinions are valued.
Good people and friendly supervisor and supportive. Need to have the pay day on time .
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 10, 2018
Good and friendly people,but stuff meetings are not paid meetings. Pay days are delay. Delay on support answers for emergency questions.
My parked car was hit and run in the premises of patients home and supervisor was not able to help me. No mileage pay.
Pros
free lunches and gifts at christmas.
Rude catty staff
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIApril 9, 2018
This office is filled with adult mean girls who have nothing better to do than start rumors, cause arguments, and fill the office with drama. Very poorly managed.
Pros
The location was nice
Cons
Drama, rudeness, disrespect
Rewarding
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 8, 2018
Since working for Health Partners I have really opened my eyes to how many people need our help and great health care. Without this company so many people would suffer and I enjoy being a part of an organization that helps close gaps to great healthcare for our patients
Pros
Our patients
Cons
30 minute lunch, no room with my certification to grow
Fraud
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2018
This company portrays FAMILY , work life balance but they are a bunch of criminals that do not know how to follow mandatory requirements of the state.
Productive and initiative work place.
Senior Member Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 28, 2018
Position allows for exposure to all departments within the company as a liaison for all matters that impact members and providers.

Excellent in house training and development.
Poor management, not pay attention to rules or seniority. Favoritisim by management
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 28, 2018
No back up or support from management. They play favoritism to staff, no matter of seniority.
There was no collaboration between staff.
Some providers were allowed to provide poor care, bad charting, and refuse to treat and discuss labs with patients.
Enjoyed it as a LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 24, 2018
I enjoyed the doctors and staff. The clinic I worked in is now closed. But HP appears to be one of the few healthcare companies thriving in the metro area
Relaxed environment to work for
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 19, 2018
It was pretty relaxed and laid back. The volume of calls that came in varied depending on the day and the time of the year. Everyday was the the same motions punch in, get set up, answer calls, punch out. However the type of calls that you received daily were different which kept the job fun and exciting.
Great employer> depends on your leader however
Disease and Case Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 18, 2018
Great to their employees and a great work environment. They really strive to treat their employees well and invest in resources to achieve this.

The leader of an area can make or break your experience however.
Pros
Great resources for employees
Cons
Depends on your leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPartners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight