HealthPartners Employee Reviews

Quickly turned toxic
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, mnOctober 7, 2018
Started out alright but was quickly pulled back into a high school type clique mentality. There is favoritism, backstabbing and people will simply throw you under the bus if you don’t fit in.
My manager quickly became toxic and micromanaging and treats me like an idiot. Have been searching for another job, the only reason I’m here is the pay and benefits are great
Pros
Cafeteria, benefits, salary
Cons
Cliquey, favoritism, very little consistent training, micromanagement
Frustrating
Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2018
With 10 years experience with this company I still do not feel appreciated. Departmental leadership has many internal conflicts providing poor direction, mixed messages, and an overall culture of blame, sabotage and suspicion.
Pros
Health insurance starts on day 1
A company with great health insurance benefits for union positions
Pharmacy Cust Serv Rep/Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Union positions =
Pros: Great place to work if you want just want to work at a job that pays you do the work and not bring home the stress. Union benefits are amazing. You also get a .50 raise every 6 months for 7 years and after that 7 years you then get longevity checks.

Cons: If you are lower in seniority, you will not get your desired days off unless you have an amazing team of coworkers that is willing to work with you to get those days off. Most union positions are hourly so you are required to record everything you do. Promotion is also based on seniority so if you are very skilled and new the company, moving around might be a bit difficult.

Non-union positions =
Pros: Great work life balance. You are not required to clock in and out as strictly as union positions. Depending on your position, you have the option to work from home.

Cons: Benefits are not as great as union positions but better than most other companies out there. You get a raise based on your performance and it's not as much as union positions.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k benefits
Cons
Work Life balance
Hpp
Other (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
I have been hear about five years and the culture in the company have changed drastically. I cant say that I am excited to come to work any more. Management is so bias! The do not have your back they will through you under the bus in a heart beat. No room for growth in certain departments.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Management sucks
Flexible
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2018
Flexible working hours. Able to get time off granted easily if requested in enough time. I enjoy the clients I work for and learning about their disabilities.
Pros
Choose locations you want to work in mostly
Cons
No paid time off
Great environment to work in
Manager, Clinical Risk Program (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
HPP is a great place to work, they have been going through some changes, which I feel will eventually be for the better. The organization motivates their employees to work hard and as a team.
Pros
incentives for participating in the gym, or dressing up for Halloween. Being able to purchase days off
Cons
a lot of changes over the past few years. some new management
Productive fast paced environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 6, 2018
It was a very busy place to work. Because of the support of the supervisors the work was not stressful. We kept busy which I liked a lot no time to get bored.
Pros
Excellent teamwork, positive attitudes for the most part.
Cons
I liked that there was a variety of things to do, and we kept busy. Fun work environment.
Productive and great place to learn
PRECERT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits and flex schedules. You will learn alot working for this company. Lots of room to grow. Many opportunities to take learning courses at no cost.
I have no good opinion regarding HPP at this time
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2018
HPP was Once a great company to work for and I'll leave it at that! Human Resources is ran by the absolute worse! Favoritism is at an all time high! I would not recommend HPP to anyone at this time! As far as upper management it's no longer diverse.
Laid back company to work for.
Culbreth and Associate (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 27, 2018
The management was approachable and easy to work for. The environment was relaxed and busy. I really enjoyed working for Health Partners it was no pressure and no one constantly over your shoulder. We were able to get our work done with no additional stress.
HPP is a production driven diverse place to with growth opportunity
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2018
In my role as an Analyst for benefits, coding and medical policies, I assist with updated codes accurate and timely, benefits are set-up correctly in the system and I review medical records submitted for appeals to support medical necessity or unlisted codes. I work with a great team of nurses and medical director where I've learned how to read medical records and make decisions on approvals based on benefits and coding. The most enjoyable part of my job is the teamwork throughout the company and how I can assist and educate providers and vendors on our process and obtain their feedback.
Pros
freindly enviroment, gym on site and great pay
Cons
parking and a lot of construction
great palce to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
nice place, nice employees, reasonable place to work, convenient location, fair treatment, I enjoyed the training and the professionalism. I would go back, was a temporary employee while employed there.
Great Career choice
Precertification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
Spent 13 yrs and great until last 5. High turnover of managers, supervisors. Back biting, in house fighting. No loyalty. Slackers and thieves and backstabbers. Management refuse to be accountable or the actual trouble maker.
Pros
Member advocates
Cons
Bad managers
Great Workplace but no growth
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work at but unfortunately there is no growth. You keep your position until someone higher than you quit. It's very enriching to help patients receive the care they need.
Unrealistic expectations
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at HP when I first started but when things get hard it seems like you are under a microscope and nothing you do is right. They expect you to only have 4 unplanned days in a 12 month period which is unrealistic especially if one has a mental illness. A typical work day includes you verifying insurance for providers, informing members how their insurance works and who is in network for their policy as well as checking prior authorization requirements. I had a little insurance knowledge when I started here but after the 5 week training they make you go through before going out on the floor helped me learn A LOT. Id say the hardest part about this job is you have a set schedule. You go to lunch and break at certain times which can often be super far apart or super close together and you have a time frame to how much you can spend going to the bathroom. Most enjoyable part I would say is the coworkers that I have around me.
Pros
Great health insurance and option to purchase additional PTO
Cons
Have to plan PTO 6 months ahead of time, unplanned expectations, management
Fast paced workplace with multiple projects
Care Delivery Systems Analyst & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 10, 2018
I learned to prioritize tasks, work efficiently and deal with different styles in different situations.

Management was encouraging and helped develop my skills and held me accountable for projects assigned to me.

The culture was respectful of each other and a fun place to work.

The hardest part of the job was learning to "drink from a fire hose" at the beginning.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing I completed projects successfully and received positive feedback from my customers and coworkers.
Pros
Room to learn and advance
Cons
Deadlines adversely affected by issues outside your influence
Quality Review Specialist/Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
I loved the culture of the company, they made you feel appreciated and it showed based on compensation, raises and bonuses. Annual holiday party and luncheon was amazing. They do alot in the community. The CEO was actually a “real” person, very approachable and open to ideas and concerns. Overall amazing company to work for!
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Promoting is based on who likes who and not what you know
Excellent place to work
Certified Medical Assistant, Lead II (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Clinic was well informed of changes to policies and procedures. Benefits are great. Advancement opportunities available and compensation for higher education.
Tries to accomodate life schedules
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNAugust 1, 2018
Tries to accomodate life schedules. Very flexible times for patients. My location is open every day. It is a beautiful environment to work in daily. Hours seem to work for most patients.
Good but no job Security
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 24, 2018
Good work, rewarding, and teachs alot of skills. BUT no job security you could work with one client for months and then be dropped and have a new client location and hours hard to plan a life around
Pros
Change locations, new people, can work as much you want
Cons
Clients can have you do whatever or send you to the curb

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPartners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight