HealthPartners Employee Reviews

Poor place to work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  from homeDecember 10, 2018
Supervisors without proper training, human resources the same. Loved my job but management was substandard and not educated in the field they were in. Unreliable, no job security.
Health Partners Plans Review
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2018
The company is a great company to work for. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to grow within a company that offers so much opportunity. The company compensates you well when it comes to pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Productive and rewarding work place
RN - Triage Nurse OB GYN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 20, 2018
I enjoy the company. Benefits are great! I have been with this company since 2009 and I have had all great experiences. My coworkers are amazing and management has been fantastic.
Business Systems Supervisor, Neurosciences (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2018
Ambigious- management at healthpartners is often ambigious. meaning- we have little to no direction on what is wanted or needed for the clinic to succeed.
Na
LPN (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNNovember 10, 2018
This is a place full of different cultures and backgrounds that will allow you to be yourself. This could be one of the easiest places to work if and when you understand the different personalities of the providers that you will be working with.
Pros
Love gaining new knowledge from the provider
Fun place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 8, 2018
Employee focused and nice place to work! Would recommend. Company focused on employees and work life balance. I worked there two different times and would go back.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Organization
Compliance Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2018
It is a great place to work. Great People and great culture. People know what they are doing and are a joy to work with. Without any reservations I can say this is the best organization I worked for. I just left because I wasn't paid what I was worth.
Cons
Parking
Overall a good company to work at. Pray for a decent boss!!
Medicare Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19107November 5, 2018
Some upper management staff was encouraging and really wanted to assist the staff with their growth. Some just wanted to pretend they knew how to supervise or manage when they had no clue. There was a lot of nepotism in the company. Some "leaders" were very obnoxious and rude. A lot of team spirit and advancement in the company.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and advancement
Cons
Poor scheduling, incompetent supervisors, and favoritism.
A very good place to work
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 26, 2018
HealthPartners was a very fulfilling job for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with, and I felt like I was making a difference. I felt like I was a part of something good.
Pros
Challenging work, People, recognition by customers of the work I did
Cons
Restructured out of my position with absolutely no warning.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 20, 2018
I have worked here for 8 years and still love my job. The people that I work with are great. Providing health care for the Honda associates is very rewarding.
Pros
Same weekly schedule
Cons
Strange hours
Family owned
Health Center Director (Former Employee) –  New Carlisle, OHOctober 19, 2018
Horrible culture although a great concept. Leadership is manipulative, micro-managing, and lacks experience and does not know how to speak to their employees. Everyone at the branches may be different the corporate office could benefit from a re-org.
Its ok
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2018
The place isn't bad. Most people are nice, but the environment can get stressful. The pay is decent but I believe the company is gonna switch leadership soon and you can already see the type of changes being made. Overall not a bad company.
Quickly turned toxic
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, mnOctober 7, 2018
Started out alright but was quickly pulled back into a high school type clique mentality. There is favoritism, backstabbing and people will simply throw you under the bus if you don’t fit in.
My manager quickly became toxic and micromanaging and treats me like an idiot. Have been searching for another job, the only reason I’m here is the pay and benefits are great
Pros
Cafeteria, benefits, salary
Cons
Cliquey, favoritism, very little consistent training, micromanagement
Frustrating
Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2018
With 10 years experience with this company I still do not feel appreciated. Departmental leadership has many internal conflicts providing poor direction, mixed messages, and an overall culture of blame, sabotage and suspicion.
Pros
Health insurance starts on day 1
A company with great health insurance benefits for union positions
Pharmacy Cust Serv Rep/Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Union positions =
Pros: Great place to work if you want just want to work at a job that pays you do the work and not bring home the stress. Union benefits are amazing. You also get a .50 raise every 6 months for 7 years and after that 7 years you then get longevity checks.

Cons: If you are lower in seniority, you will not get your desired days off unless you have an amazing team of coworkers that is willing to work with you to get those days off. Most union positions are hourly so you are required to record everything you do. Promotion is also based on seniority so if you are very skilled and new the company, moving around might be a bit difficult.

Non-union positions =
Pros: Great work life balance. You are not required to clock in and out as strictly as union positions. Depending on your position, you have the option to work from home.

Cons: Benefits are not as great as union positions but better than most other companies out there. You get a raise based on your performance and it's not as much as union positions.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k benefits
Cons
Work Life balance
Hpp
Other (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
I have been hear about five years and the culture in the company have changed drastically. I cant say that I am excited to come to work any more. Management is so bias! The do not have your back they will through you under the bus in a heart beat. No room for growth in certain departments.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Management sucks
Flexible
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2018
Flexible working hours. Able to get time off granted easily if requested in enough time. I enjoy the clients I work for and learning about their disabilities.
Pros
Choose locations you want to work in mostly
Cons
No paid time off
Great environment to work in
Manager, Clinical Risk Program (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
HPP is a great place to work, they have been going through some changes, which I feel will eventually be for the better. The organization motivates their employees to work hard and as a team.
Pros
incentives for participating in the gym, or dressing up for Halloween. Being able to purchase days off
Cons
a lot of changes over the past few years. some new management
Productive fast paced environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 6, 2018
It was a very busy place to work. Because of the support of the supervisors the work was not stressful. We kept busy which I liked a lot no time to get bored.
Pros
Excellent teamwork, positive attitudes for the most part.
Cons
I liked that there was a variety of things to do, and we kept busy. Fun work environment.
Productive and great place to learn
PRECERT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits and flex schedules. You will learn alot working for this company. Lots of room to grow. Many opportunities to take learning courses at no cost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPartners. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HealthPartners.

Powered by Comparably