Healthpoint Employee Reviews

Poor place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  RedmondSeptember 27, 2018
The management is poor they have high turn over due to poor management skills from the MA supervisor this person was given the position because they sucked up to upper management and feel they are not qualified to do this position
Not at the Redmond Office
Dental Front Office (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 15, 2018
Healthpoint is a good company in theory, however, don't waste your time applying at the Redmond dental office. When I applied for my job I was asked how I handled conflict. I thought they were implying working with the patients. Never did I dream it was the inner office people and management that the conflict applied to. The management in this office is terrible. That office is oppressive and very demeaning. You will be treated like a child there. They are constantly changing the rules and procedures and they run reports on everything. Because they are a non-profit company, everything hinges on the numbers and you will never be good enough. Forget the patients or that their motto is "everyone deserves great care" because that's not how you'll find it. The management and supervisors need a few classes on interpersonal relationships and how to actually manage an office. You will be threatened to be written up over everything. You will also find that there is a lot of gossip and back biting. There's a reason there's a sign on bonus, it's not worth your time, stress or struggle to be anything more than a number maker. I loved the patients and my heart went out to them but honestly, aside from the benefits and hours, you won't matter to anyone.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
You'll never be good enough
Great place to learn and grow!
Current member (Current Employee) –  King County, WAMay 18, 2018
This organization supports employees on growth and development. They encourage staff to work up to the top of their license and provide continuing education when needed.
Pros
Flexibility - within reason
Cons
Salary - depending on the job
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 16, 2018
Great company, if you're willing to learn, they are willing to teach! Giving you great experience and an opportunity to move up within the company. Beginning pay is pretty good as well compared to other medical facilities.
Fast paced
Call Center Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 27, 2018
High call volume, fast paced, work environment. Very educational, in depth and thorough training. Questions are welcomed. Acute active listening is a must.
Wish I never worked there - hostile work environment
Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 25, 2018
If you're not with the in crowd you're out. Management was horrible was there 6 months and only received a 60 day review. Training with management for new role non existent. Promises made and never kept. Manager couldn't keep her hands to herself - always poking if you were in need of correction.
Pros
time to go home
Cons
everything
Very happy work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJune 13, 2017
HealthPoint is a great company to work for. This is a Community Health, so you work with some of the most fun and sometimes the hardest patients. Working here I was able to create good work relationships which created for a pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
everything
Cons
Love the work atmosphere.
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 26, 2017
Really like working here. Management is very understanding and knowledgeable. Overall the benefits are okay, wish they offered better benefits for our children but they are okay.
Good for complacency
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 11, 2017
Typical work day includes running two chairs. One for operative(extractions, restorations, endo, or hygiene) and another for exams. In a 10 hour day you are likely to see about 2 patients per hour. You are able to determine what you want and do not want to do. Example-many dentists do not do extractions or root canals or pros and do cleanings and fillings only. The compensation system is poorly designed. It is based primarily on experience and not the practitioners abilities. For example-dentist 1 may do molar endo, surgical extractions and dentist 2 may not do endo or extractions at all. Dentist 2 has 20 years experience and is compensated at a significantly higher rate than dentist 1 who may only have 2 years experience.
Pros
Long lunch break, easy schedule that is determined by practitioner
Cons
compensation, ability to improve professionally
Fun work place
Administrative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2017
Over all I loved working at the hospital it was challenging and fun. Always working in a clinic setting. Flow of patients was consistent. Easy to talk with management.
Pros
Fun loving co workers
Cons
closed
Good Company
Medical/Dental Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 22, 2016
I learned so much from HealthPoint. We were always busy. I felt that my day went by quickly with the steady amount of work that came in. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.
non profit organization that helped the less fortunate with their medical and dental needs
Lead Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 28, 2016
Healthpoint is focused on low income families and helps with medical and dental needs. It was a rewarding environment to work in for that reason. enjoyed working there for 10 years.
Pros
very rewarding helping people and the benefit program was fantastic
Cons
I can't think of any cons
overall opinion
administrative (Former Employee) –  RentonOctober 24, 2016
Employees care about the people/patients they serve. Dedicated, committed staff. Competitive/fair pay, GREAT benefits including ability to accrue lots of PTO, Employees really work hard for the patients they serve. Good growth opportunity for those that want to give back to their community and work hard. Executive management are really dedicated, sincerely care.
Pros
Great Benefits, good training
Cons
Top Management does not always listen
Diverse patient population catered to by in-house interpreters.
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 31, 2016
The most challenging part of this position was coming in while the Medical Director was on maternity leave. Unfortunately she was not a part of my hiring process and felt discluded. Thus making for an awkward working environment. Thankfully, after meeting with her one on one we were able to develop a personal rapport that enabled us to work cohesively and productively.
Pros
Entry level position that enabled me to obtain leadership and supervisory skills.
Cons
Low pay; not personally bilingual
Decent pharmacy with ok benefits
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 5, 2016
It's okay benefits due to the lower salary than most pharmacies in King County but it's non profit. Constant turnover but the patients make everything worthwile.
Pros
full benefit package, 17 paid days off per year
Cons
constant turnover, lackluster leadership
Great staff and enjoyed working with the company
Pharmacy Technician Float (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 9, 2015
Schedule changed and being a float technician learned a lot and was able to work at all the pharmacies(pharmacies, refill center, community pharmacies) However, the management handled all situations badly and wish things could have been handled better.
Pros
Great staff and even knew patients by name even as a float tech
Cons
Managment
Steady busy, keeping a smile on your face
DENTAL CENTER ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 12, 2015
A typical day at HP is BUSY! Its a team environment that is non stop for patient care. Management is easy going, and willing to accomodate time off when needed, approachable to all. We strive to keep a team environment, the days works so much better that way. The hardest part about my job is that we cannot help everyone. We try and help as much as possible, but due to the high volume of patients with Apple Health its honestly impossible. The most enjoyable part of my job is the gratitude of those patients who we can help out.
Pros
The team environment
Quick and easy
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Kent HealthPointApril 7, 2015
I love my job as an interpreter because I am able to help patients receive the best healthcare possible when they do not know what type of services they may be eligible due to the language barrier. I am a team player. Always punctual. I enjoy leaning new things. ?I have great communication skills. The hardest part of my job would be that I never leave things unfinished, i like to finish all my work in a timely manner. I truly enjoy working with people from different cultures.
Open to change
Assistant Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 7, 2014
When faced with continued growth due to Healthcare Reform, HealthPoint did what they could to adapt. Added positions to help alleviate pressure within different positions; client services representatives, front desks, assistant managers.
Pros
Can be flexible with schedule
Cons
Needs more standardization among different clinics
Family Practice office
Certified Medical Assistant (Lead in Training) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAAugust 19, 2014
Working at Healthpoint was a great experience. A typical day at work would consist of huddling with a provider first thing in the morning. Huddling helped us in the way of knowing what the patient needed before the patient showed up. For example, if a patient was in need of a service we would provide it. Like requesting medical records ahead of time, medication refills or if we needed to set up for a procedure that required a collection of urine or a lab draw we would mark it next to the patients name for the front desk to collect the urine sample. What I learned from Healthpoint is that communication is key, between patients and doctors and our co-workers. At Healthpoint we had a team MA that helped with indirect care like tasks, medication refills, assist with rooming patients if a provider/ma was running behind. Working as a medical assistant is very satisfying. I loved being around so many different people and being able to help them feel better. It was also a hard part of my job, because everyone needs something different and sometimes its hard to please everyone, but I try.
Pros
stability, working with people
Cons
late nights