Healthpoint Employee Review

very busy community clinic
Medical Assistant CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 18, 2013
a Typical day is very busy with patient care.
I have learned how to manage patient flow and how to perform many skills I had learned in school plus much more.
The hardest part of the job is knowing what each provider prefers while assisting, each one does it a little different.
The hardest part of the job is when you fall behind in your day and there are not enough rooms and patients get upset with you. you are the front line so your hear about it first.
I love when a patient tells me I made them feel better or thank me for listening. being appreciated by my co-workers
Pros
dental coverage is 100 paid for, 27 paid days off a year. often thanked with free lunch
Cons
sometimes so busy no time to take a break.

Other Healthpoint Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midway, WAApril 10, 2018
Management will micromanage you and look for negativity than positivity and will be more concerned over trivial potluck parties and social hierarchies that should not be of concern at a professional setting. Management is ravenous for praise and power more so than managing a medical clinic which is behavior that should be immediately corrected not overlooked. The motto here is to put patients first because they bring in the $$ just like any healthcare business these days. Here, they are more concerned however about meeting certain quotas like giving out antidepressants who really have chronic infections because it gives the company more funding from CHPW. Also, there was always a clear disconnect and conflict between the front desk, medical assistants, and doctors. A typical day at work would be continuously checking patients in, calling patients to schedule a physical, checking ins, and getting blamed for making mistakes you didn't commit. Workplace culture is passive aggressive with a touch of meaningless emotional conversations. Hardest part of the job is dealing with imbecile management who does not know what they are doing and constantly blaming the newby because they can. The most enjoyable part is helping poor people get healthcare. If you get employed here look for another place asap because you will not last long. Manager was caught stealing money and then I was blamed for their mistake. Also if you apply here for front desk be wary because there is no one consistently training you and will be blamed for every mistake and the manager will help you fail as they fill  more... you with lies and creates a hostile environment for you. If you like dealing with daily petty conflict, overly emotional women, and being blamed for actions you did not commit then the healthpoint midway location is for you.  less
Pros
long lunch for 1 hour
Cons
poor management, unnecessary emotional conflicts
Fast paced
Call Center Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 27, 2018
High call volume, fast paced, work environment. Very educational, in depth and thorough training. Questions are welcomed. Acute active listening is a must.