HealthPRO Heritage Employee Reviews

A fantastic place to work with a culture that promotes both individual advancement with a team focused attitude.
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 1, 2019
Work begins and ends on time, although extra work sometimes piles up and overtime is expected. The work makes time seem to fly by, especially in the environment created by the wonderful people you work with.
Pros
Constant positive reinforcement, time and a half overtime
Cons
Overtime was expected on a regular basis, sometimes work went home with you
rewarding place to work
PTA (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 12, 2019
rewarding place to work; good health care and other benefits; good compensation; CEU opportunities; great facilities where contracts are active; team work is rewarded
I don’t recommend this company.
Per diem PTA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MAJanuary 3, 2019
I accepted my position at a low salary because I wanted another per diem job nearby. After one year employment I asked for a raise and was denied with no reason given. I stayed another six months and asked again for a raise and was denied , no reason . After talking to other staff , everyone I spoke to complained about no increase in salary. One therapist told me he had to “fight” for an increase. I gave my notice because it was a matter of principle at that point and also I didn’t need the job!!! I see the same building is now looking for per diem help again. If they had given me a wage increase or started me at a fair wage given my experience then I would have stayed. I’m sure they will find a new grad and pay a low salary. I have over 30 years of experience, apparently that doesn’t matter to this company, it’s all about saving a few bucks here and there...
Pros
The building was new and nice.
Cons
Poor compensation, management doesn’t care about keeping staff and the, staff seem stressed, over worked and under paid. about maintaining staff and treating employees financially fair.
Don't waste your time
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 19, 2018
I have been in the health care field for over 20 years. Part of the problem w/ my PREVIOUS job (thank goodness!) was the facility itself and the culture it possessed. What made it even more difficult was the poor leadership and poor communication. Health pro heritage is all about the bottom line, money and productivity, not patient care. I wasn't treated like a professional, just one of their minions. When I was told I had to punch out while waiting for patients to get ready for therapy was the last straw for me. Don't waste your time w/ this company....no respect, no raises and no communication.
Pros
Cons
everything
Understanding / reliable Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL Omaha, NEDecember 18, 2018
HealthPro Heritage at Home is a great reliable place to work. I have been with the company for 10 months and have already had an advancement within the company. HealthPro is a great team / work environment.

The company is very family oriented and believes that your family always comes first. The flexibility to arrange your schedule or make up hours is by far the best I have experienced. With this being said the workplace culture is very fun / relaxed as if you have a second family.

If you are looking for a relaxed, flexible, fun workplace this is the place to be.
Pros
Flexibility, Reliability, Advancement, Benefits, Job Culure
Cons
None a great place to be.
Not my cup of tea
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2018
When I was first hired, they told me I would be in control of my travel time. Not true. No mileage reimbursement and my patients were ~40-55 minutes away which killed productivity. I was a bilingual PT getting $50/eval $60/OASIS and a $10 increase for Spanish patients. The money was great, but inconsistent. I found myself finishing notes till midnight at home because travel wouldn’t allow any documentation time outside the treatment. I was full time which required that I accept every single referral even if it was inconvenient. I loved my PTAs; however management was lacking tremendously. There was many service failures and high clinician turnover rate, at one point I was the only PT with a 70 patient caseload;however, management made it seem like there were others and that business was good. Not true. Decided to go back into outpatient because at least I knew my income would be consistent and I can actually go home and relax and not have additional notes to complete. I loved home health and they ruined it.
Pros
Not in the office, flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of travel, inability to control patient caseload, poor upper management
Would recommend this company 150%
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 3, 2018
God bless the broken road that brought me to HealhtPRO-Heritage, I truly have been able to utilize my knowledge, experiences and expertise to develop a team of inter disciplinary therapies to establish a rehab gym that opporated in the negative to significantly exceeding budget and expectations in under a year. They truly stand behind their mission and vision and hold the same expectation of their employees. The result - a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Positive work environment and continued attention to strive for more
Cons
would like to transfer from Florida to Ohio, as I don't want to leave the company.
Awesome co-workers and met some wonderful people.
Rehab Technician and Admin Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2018
I worked for Heritage Healthcare, now HealthPro, at one of their contract retirement facility buildings in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I would arrive by 6am and prepare the daily therapy schedules for both inpatient and outpatient therapies. Make sure that the gym and equipment was maintained and cleaned. Review any messages concerning therapy and make necessary changes for the day. Attend required meetings. The best part about my job was interacting with the most amazing patients, residents and fellow employees. The downside was the constant rotation of our director. Over a five year period, we had six directors due to the stress of the job.
Pros
The awesome people, beautiful location and place to work.
Cons
Increased responsibilities with no raise in my five years, no holiday pay or holidays off unless it fell on a Sat or Sunday, 6 managers in 5 years.
I loved heritage .
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Heritage was a great job that I had to let go 7 months into my pregnancy . I couldn't lift the 25 lbs requirement . All in all I really enjoyed working with the patients there!
Pros
The nurses really show appreciation
Cons
Short breaks
na
Rehab Manager, Currently on staff PTA (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYAugust 23, 2018
It has been a great company to work for. I have learned skills to elevate my performance, and better serve my patients. I will always miss working with the staff.
Great Company
PTA (Current Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 23, 2018
I have worked for several LTC companies and I have to say, this one is the best one yet. Salaries are good and support from our Regional is wonderful..... very friendly, fair and supportive. Caseload varies, but mostly fairly busy for the most part. Big PRN staff which is helpful.
Stressful work environment, poor management with no support!
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 16, 2018
In my 30+ year career as a Physical Therapist this company was the most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Absolutely no support from the director or upper management. No respect for your knowledge and experience. No raises in 3 years. Always had problems finding coverage when therapists were out. Staff were treated like robots not professionals. They did not value your professional license. It was all about productivity and not about patient care. Any therapist thinking about taking a job with Health Pro should seriously reconsider!
Pros
PTO and CEU's
Cons
No raises, no support from management, no communication within the department such as departmental meetings etc!
Documentation focused company that offers few bonuses
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  KYAugust 11, 2018
Documentation focused company that offers few bonuses. Constantly remind you of what you do “wrong” but no bonuses or moral building incentives are offered for good performance.
inabilty to appreciate employees
Therapist (Former Employee) –  illinoisAugust 8, 2018
It is difficult to do a good job, with high productivity expectations, very little problem resolution and continuall trying to justifying your skills, without the support of Upper Management. This company represents the negative reputations of Large Corporations. Employed for several years, no pay increase in four years, poor communication between clinical staff and clerical staff and even less between what is supposed to be support staff/management.
Health care has become a business, everywhere, but patient care is not a priority for this company. Outcomes are strictly driven by the caring and compassionate therapists, that seem to be the bottom of the barrel.
Pros
there is automony and flexibility
Cons
high stress little reward
Great Manager
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
The building is old and outdated but the management is great. CEU are included when you get hired so licensing is easy and free. The work life balance is good due to great PRN pool and management.
Good teamwork
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 6, 2018
Great rehab director. Good benefits for full time employees. Provides free access to continuing education.Corporate HR dept slow with call back and follow up.
Relaxing Workplace
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, OHJuly 31, 2018
Great Management
Good Collaboration.
Enjoy working with Coworkers
Coworkers very supportive and willing to assist.
Was employed at PRN/Oncall Status
Competitive Salary
Unethical expectation
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 30, 2018
Constantly expecting more and more documentation from their therapist while maintaining a high productivity standard , also expecting that to somehow get done, while the clinician is at work and turning a blind eye when the clinicians take work home. Well aware of how many hours are unpaid but don't care as long as the bottom line is met. Their vice president of compliance holds extremely high expectations of others but when asked specific questions can't deliver the information, he dances around the topics as does most of the other corporate team. Stay away from this company
Pros
Competitive wages for the area
Cons
Untrustworthy, unethical, unrealistic
good benefits
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Erwin, TNJuly 12, 2018
This company had good benefits and paid time off. The corporate company was good and responded to us swiftly. Insurance was well and covered many things.
Taking care of the patients was my ultimate task.
Lead Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCJuly 2, 2018
I appreciated my co-worker. I learned how to improvise. Sometimes the hours was short and some times long. Management was flexible. The hardest part of the job was keeping tabs on temps and sanitation. The most enjoyable part was tasting the finished product especially being the cook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPRO Heritage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight