HealthPRO Heritage Employee Reviews

enjoyable but a dead end job
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 14, 2018
I was a tech at heritage. I truly enjoyed my job, but the pay is not acceptable and there is no opportunity to advance and little to no chance of getting a raise.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
pay
Horrible company —- no regard for employees
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Company makes you pay for mandatory yearly TB tests, yearly physicals, CPR recertification every 2 years. Won’t pay continuing education unless similar course not found on CEU 360 site they use and even then will not pay for it...Must be productive 83% to 85% for therapists and 88% to 90% for assistants every day depending on the facility...soon to be increased to 100 % if they can get away with it. Expects perfection for documentation but must be done timely for productivity. Threatened with “call from VP AT HOME” and job termination if not consistently productive. Company reportedly decreased everyone’s pay 2% in 2013 and has wage freeze ongoing. Hours NOT flexible depending on facility manager rules. Expected to attend meetings with director while performing documentation. Not paid for meetings but expected to attend. Berated in front of coworkers. Forced to document on iPads that don’t work properly with poor syncing capabilities.
Why still there? I need to have gainful employment. Jobs hard to come by in Chicago.
Pros
Minimal weekend work
Cons
Productivity expectations, detailed and extensive documentation requirements, wage freeze, poor management
Horrible....i paid for employment screenings etc and wad never reimbursed
OT (Former Employee) –  NHJune 9, 2018
I was offered a job then told a week before hire i was not needed, their manager would do treatments. They are horrible....i could have filed for unemployment since i had a job and then it was taken away.....
Pros
Cons
Run
Questionable ethics, inconsistent caseload
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 6, 2018
I Expected to enjoy this job however it did not turn out that way. Constant changes to the way you should document and what you should be doing as a therapist. Productivity mentioned often. Very inconsistent caseload making it hard to actually make money since you are paid per hour, never a raise or opportunity for advancement. They expect you to be available full time but will cancel you if they don't need you. At least with PRN it's not so one sided. No holiday pay and no perk for working the holiday. Questionable ethics and Management does not support any report of fraud. Schedule could be Monday- Friday or Tuesday- Saturday because they need weekend coverage. I really like geriatrics but this was not for me.
Pros
IPads for documentation, Paycheck
Cons
Productivity driven, lack of ethics, no raises, documentation, inconsistent caseload, work environment
nice place to work, with good co-workers
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  CTJune 6, 2018
Poor room for advancement. Pay and benefits not competitive. Upper management has poor communication skills. RD good communication skills with department and interdisciplinary team.
Wonderful Company with Supportive Environment
Rehab Director/Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CTMay 18, 2018
I have worked for HealthPro for 7, going on 8 years now as a Rehab Director/Physical Therapist and it has been a great experience for me. It has been a supportive environment to work in with opportunity for learning and career growth in many areas of interest. There is an extensive amount of clinical support through the company, in addition to free CEU's that are offered on-line. I am fortunate to have a wonderful team to work with both on-site at my facility on a daily basis and in corporate management. There is always someone to reach out to for assistance if needed. If you love what you do as a therapist and are passionate about resident centered care, then this is the place to be to achieve your Higher Calling.
Pros
Career Advancement, Free CEU's, Clinical Support
Wonderful company to work for
Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIMay 10, 2018
Healthpro was a great company with great management and supportive upper management. They listended and allowed program managers to manage their buildings the best way and alwayss supported them.
good with continuing education, ethical, pt centered care
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 5, 2018
good with continuing education, ethical, pt centered care

I have enjoyed working for healthpro - i would work for them again.

con - dont provide any PTO for part time employees, productivity standards are high for the amount of paperwork they require
Toxic Management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 3, 2018
I don't mind needing to be productive if the company you work for is supportive. At Healthpro no worries there is zero support. Management will promise you the moon and then reality sets it. They can't deliver hours promised and complain about productivity. Management must have bonuses set on productivity because they are relentless. The computers they use for documentation are very slow. If productivity is so important why I am using the slowest computer possible. The documentation program is redundant. Pay is average at best but there will be no reviews or raises. Management will not take into account your advice on patient scheduling - you can always depend on maximum minutes scheduled despite your input that your patient is not appropriate. If you need to contact anyone at the main office good luck. The phone tree is long and tedious and when you reach an actual person its obvious they feel like they wiped you off their shoe. I'm not surprised this happened to me because I watched it happen to many others in this misguided attempt to provide healthcare. Health pro where productivity and documentation are the priority and patient care is left behind.
Pros
nada
Cons
management, computer hardware and software, office support
No support
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2018
The pay is below average. No chance for raises. I rarely get a full work week. Productivity standards are high. HR is hard to get a hold of and very rude.
Terrible company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
The pay is way below average. No chance for raises. I rarely get a full work week. Productivity standards are high. HR is hard to get a hold of and very rude.
Many great SNF, Rehabilitation and Independent living locations
PRN Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, NY (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 2, 2018
PRN employees are provided with an extensive list of locations throughout the NY area. Staff members are friendly and compassionate about putting the clients first.
therapy
therapist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 25, 2018
clicky , unfair , managers constantly changing , lack of communication , no call list to pick up shifts , unorganized with same staffing patterns , unrepresentative to asking for shifts , unpaid orientation
High expectations
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 14, 2018
Expected to cover SNF, Assisted Living, and independent living facilities. Used casamba software and used tablets to document. Used a variety of methods such as kinesiotape, EMS, Ultrasound, and paraffin. Good opportunities for working with a variety of patients and settings.
Pros
Flexible work hours and treatment settings
Cons
Expected to pick up patients that were not appropriate for therapy
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 14, 2018
I worked as an administrative assistant/front desk for Healthpro for a few years. My experience with this company was a very positive one. The office culture was casual and relaxed but very productive with many learning opportunities. The teamwork, communication and support from co-workers and management was unparalleled. I enjoyed my time working for this company and would highly recommend.
Did not receive pay for hours worked!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 2, 2018
This agency was the worst. Always issues with pay. I'd have to ask often if my pay was right. The schools I was placed in were very unprofessional and was not worth the stress. When I quit, they decided they were not going to give me my final check because I would not give the school my confidential notes. Now, i have to fight for a check I worked hours for. They are shady and I would not recommend this agency to anyone. Very disappointing.
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, issues with pay.
Wouls not recommend employment here
Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 29, 2018
The staff did not utilize safe practice standards within the institution. Managerial communication was very poor- limited educational programs for all staff members, poor recognition of facility issues, poor management skills and no incentives offered. Detail to standards and protocols needed more interest and also to staff members.
Pros
Housekeeping was done regularly
Cons
Poor communication and listening skills
I was able to grow as a therapist both physically and emotionally.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Co-workers were awesome. Hours were based on patient occupancy. No raise in 4 years supposedly due to a “freeze”. When I left for personal reasons, they took my 2 PTO days left stating that I did not give them 30 days notice which is interesting because it is a hire and fire at will company.
As far as management , PT treated differently than OT , flexible , no follow through or carryover on a consistent basis.
Company always wanting more from employees, but , never willing to give more.
Run don't Walk from this company
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2018
I worked in the Ohio office and experienced extremely poor management from the Controller. Very hypocritical with double standards. Favoritism is rampant. Petty gossip about other employees. An overall toxic, unprofessional, fly by the seat of your pants company. Very high turnover rate.
Cons
gossip, double standards, poor management
insufficient hours
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 17, 2018
Scheduled hours of 33-35 hours were not met. unable to pay bills or maintain a full schedule. Unable to obtain appropriate equipment to treat patients to reach their maximum functional mobility.
Pros
close by, loved co-workers and the patients
Cons
unable to maintain a full schedule to support finacial needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPRO Heritage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight