HealthPRO Heritage Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment, poor management with no support!
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 16, 2018
In my 30+ year career as a Physical Therapist this company was the most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Absolutely no support from the director or upper management. No respect for your knowledge and experience. No raises in 3 years. Always had problems finding coverage when therapists were out. Staff were treated like robots not professionals. They did not value your professional license. It was all about productivity and not about patient care. Any therapist thinking about taking a job with Health Pro should seriously reconsider!
Pros
PTO and CEU's
Cons
No raises, no support from management, no communication within the department such as departmental meetings etc!
Questionable ethics, inconsistent caseload
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 6, 2018
I Expected to enjoy this job however it did not turn out that way. Constant changes to the way you should document and what you should be doing as a therapist. Productivity mentioned often. Very inconsistent caseload making it hard to actually make money since you are paid per hour, never a raise or opportunity for advancement. They expect you to be available full time but will cancel you if they don't need you. At least with PRN it's not so one sided. No holiday pay and no perk for working the holiday. Questionable ethics and Management does not support any report of fraud. Schedule could be Monday- Friday or Tuesday- Saturday because they need weekend coverage. I really like geriatrics but this was not for me.
Pros
IPads for documentation, Paycheck
Cons
Productivity driven, lack of ethics, no raises, documentation, inconsistent caseload, work environment
Awesome co-workers and met some wonderful people.
Rehab Technician and Admin Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2018
I worked for Heritage Healthcare, now HealthPro, at one of their contract retirement facility buildings in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I would arrive by 6am and prepare the daily therapy schedules for both inpatient and outpatient therapies. Make sure that the gym and equipment was maintained and cleaned. Review any messages concerning therapy and make necessary changes for the day. Attend required meetings. The best part about my job was interacting with the most amazing patients, residents and fellow employees. The downside was the constant rotation of our director. Over a five year period, we had six directors due to the stress of the job.
Pros
The awesome people, beautiful location and place to work.
Cons
Increased responsibilities with no raise in my five years, no holiday pay or holidays off unless it fell on a Sat or Sunday, 6 managers in 5 years.
Wonderful Company with Supportive Environment
Rehab Director/Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CTMay 18, 2018
I have worked for HealthPro for 7, going on 8 years now as a Rehab Director/Physical Therapist and it has been a great experience for me. It has been a supportive environment to work in with opportunity for learning and career growth in many areas of interest. There is an extensive amount of clinical support through the company, in addition to free CEU's that are offered on-line. I am fortunate to have a wonderful team to work with both on-site at my facility on a daily basis and in corporate management. There is always someone to reach out to for assistance if needed. If you love what you do as a therapist and are passionate about resident centered care, then this is the place to be to achieve your Higher Calling.
Pros
Career Advancement, Free CEU's, Clinical Support
Relaxing Workplace
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, OHJuly 31, 2018
Great Management
Good Collaboration.
Enjoy working with Coworkers
Coworkers very supportive and willing to assist.
Was employed at PRN/Oncall Status
Competitive Salary
nice place to work, with good co-workers
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  CTJune 6, 2018
Poor room for advancement. Pay and benefits not competitive. Upper management has poor communication skills. RD good communication skills with department and interdisciplinary team.
Toxic Management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 3, 2018
I don't mind needing to be productive if the company you work for is supportive. At Healthpro no worries there is zero support. Management will promise you the moon and then reality sets it. They can't deliver hours promised and complain about productivity. Management must have bonuses set on productivity because they are relentless. The computers they use for documentation are very slow. If productivity is so important why I am using the slowest computer possible. The documentation program is redundant. Pay is average at best but there will be no reviews or raises. Management will not take into account your advice on patient scheduling - you can always depend on maximum minutes scheduled despite your input that your patient is not appropriate. If you need to contact anyone at the main office good luck. The phone tree is long and tedious and when you reach an actual person its obvious they feel like they wiped you off their shoe. I'm not surprised this happened to me because I watched it happen to many others in this misguided attempt to provide healthcare. Health pro where productivity and documentation are the priority and patient care is left behind.
Pros
nada
Cons
management, computer hardware and software, office support
inabilty to appreciate employees
Therapist (Former Employee) –  illinoisAugust 8, 2018
It is difficult to do a good job, with high productivity expectations, very little problem resolution and continuall trying to justifying your skills, without the support of Upper Management. This company represents the negative reputations of Large Corporations. Employed for several years, no pay increase in four years, poor communication between clinical staff and clerical staff and even less between what is supposed to be support staff/management.
Health care has become a business, everywhere, but patient care is not a priority for this company. Outcomes are strictly driven by the caring and compassionate therapists, that seem to be the bottom of the barrel.
Pros
there is automony and flexibility
Cons
high stress little reward
Unethical expectation
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 30, 2018
Constantly expecting more and more documentation from their therapist while maintaining a high productivity standard , also expecting that to somehow get done, while the clinician is at work and turning a blind eye when the clinicians take work home. Well aware of how many hours are unpaid but don't care as long as the bottom line is met. Their vice president of compliance holds extremely high expectations of others but when asked specific questions can't deliver the information, he dances around the topics as does most of the other corporate team. Stay away from this company
Pros
Competitive wages for the area
Cons
Untrustworthy, unethical, unrealistic
Not my cup of tea
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2018
When I was first hired, they told me I would be in control of my travel time. Not true. No mileage reimbursement and my patients were ~40-55 minutes away which killed productivity. I was a bilingual PT getting $50/eval $60/OASIS and a $10 increase for Spanish patients. The money was great, but inconsistent. I found myself finishing notes till midnight at home because travel wouldn’t allow any documentation time outside the treatment. I was full time which required that I accept every single referral even if it was inconvenient. I loved my PTAs; however management was lacking tremendously. There was many service failures and high clinician turnover rate, at one point I was the only PT with a 70 patient caseload;however, management made it seem like there were others and that business was good. Not true. Decided to go back into outpatient because at least I knew my income would be consistent and I can actually go home and relax and not have additional notes to complete. I loved home health and they ruined it.
Pros
Not in the office, flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of travel, inability to control patient caseload, poor upper management
Great Manager
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
The building is old and outdated but the management is great. CEU are included when you get hired so licensing is easy and free. The work life balance is good due to great PRN pool and management.
I was able to grow as a therapist both physically and emotionally.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Co-workers were awesome. Hours were based on patient occupancy. No raise in 4 years supposedly due to a “freeze”. When I left for personal reasons, they took my 2 PTO days left stating that I did not give them 30 days notice which is interesting because it is a hire and fire at will company.
As far as management , PT treated differently than OT , flexible , no follow through or carryover on a consistent basis.
Company always wanting more from employees, but , never willing to give more.
enjoyable but a dead end job
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 14, 2018
I was a tech at heritage. I truly enjoyed my job, but the pay is not acceptable and there is no opportunity to advance and little to no chance of getting a raise.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
pay
No raises in years
PTA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
HealthPro is a good place to work if it is your first or second job out of college, or if you are married and don’t need complete stability, or if you are not looking for career advancement. There have been no raises for therapists. Therapists are held to productivity standards and if not met daily, could be asked to leave the facility for the day (despite whether or not you’re a full time employee and haven’t clocked your 8 hrs for the day) or be asked to go to another facility to make up the time. Upper Management often verbalizes problems with how notes are written, or treatment, etc., however, offer no realistic solutions to these problems. Therapists do not get paid time and a half or receive any other incentives for working holidays, however, they are expected to work on holidays. If the therapist decides to use one of their PTO days for the holiday, they are often told “no”. If these amongst other things sound ok to any therapists out there, then give HealthPro a try.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No raises, no time and half for holidays, poor management
Would recommend this company 150%
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 3, 2018
God bless the broken road that brought me to HealhtPRO-Heritage, I truly have been able to utilize my knowledge, experiences and expertise to develop a team of inter disciplinary therapies to establish a rehab gym that opporated in the negative to significantly exceeding budget and expectations in under a year. They truly stand behind their mission and vision and hold the same expectation of their employees. The result - a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Positive work environment and continued attention to strive for more
Cons
would like to transfer from Florida to Ohio, as I don't want to leave the company.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 14, 2018
I worked as an administrative assistant/front desk for Healthpro for a few years. My experience with this company was a very positive one. The office culture was casual and relaxed but very productive with many learning opportunities. The teamwork, communication and support from co-workers and management was unparalleled. I enjoyed my time working for this company and would highly recommend.
Horrible company —- no regard for employees
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Company makes you pay for mandatory yearly TB tests, yearly physicals, CPR recertification every 2 years. Won’t pay continuing education unless similar course not found on CEU 360 site they use and even then will not pay for it...Must be productive 83% to 85% for therapists and 88% to 90% for assistants every day depending on the facility...soon to be increased to 100 % if they can get away with it. Expects perfection for documentation but must be done timely for productivity. Threatened with “call from VP AT HOME” and job termination if not consistently productive. Company reportedly decreased everyone’s pay 2% in 2013 and has wage freeze ongoing. Hours NOT flexible depending on facility manager rules. Expected to attend meetings with director while performing documentation. Not paid for meetings but expected to attend. Berated in front of coworkers. Forced to document on iPads that don’t work properly with poor syncing capabilities.
Why still there? I need to have gainful employment. Jobs hard to come by in Chicago.
Pros
Minimal weekend work
Cons
Productivity expectations, detailed and extensive documentation requirements, wage freeze, poor management
No support
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2018
The pay is below average. No chance for raises. I rarely get a full work week. Productivity standards are high. HR is hard to get a hold of and very rude.
Terrible company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
The pay is way below average. No chance for raises. I rarely get a full work week. Productivity standards are high. HR is hard to get a hold of and very rude.
Taking care of the patients was my ultimate task.
Lead Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCJuly 2, 2018
I appreciated my co-worker. I learned how to improvise. Sometimes the hours was short and some times long. Management was flexible. The hardest part of the job was keeping tabs on temps and sanitation. The most enjoyable part was tasting the finished product especially being the cook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthPRO Heritage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight