HealthSCOPE Benefits, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXNovember 6, 2018
Training was only one week I was tired in my 3rd week I did not have any proper training and they stated I was being let go due to my performance with my job description! I was only there for one week and not even fully trained ! This is a sad pathetic place to work for don’t even bother I was a claim specialist and they always keep hiring for that position I wonder why... the supervisor never even spoke to me she never even helped me or made sure I got the training I needed !
Eligibility Specialist
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 2, 2018
Do not apply for a job with this department. Every morning the insane asylum van drops off the Director and Supervisor. HR knows how they treat people but do nothing about it. You are harassed all day every day. You are treated like your stupid. You are talked to like your stupid. Management disrespects you daily. There is a high turn over in this department. Do not apply for a job with this company. This company is the biggest joke.
Pros
co-workers are great and helpful
Cons
Management is crazy. Can not handle the growth. Not able to stay in compliance with regulations
Eligibility Specialist
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 2, 2018
Pros
co-workers are great and helpful
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2018
It pays the bills. It's a face pace environment with inbound calls. Training and organization as well as communication could be better.
They rush training to get people on the phones, which is poor management for a company. The work and calls are easier with proper training, and once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Money, Food truck, hour lunch
Cons
No flexibility, short training
Horrible place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 10, 2018
The company is so stressful, they don’t care about their employees. You’re pretty much just a number to them and you’re there to take calls and they make you feel like you’re replaceable at any second.
Pros
Pay & benefits.
Cons
Stressful, horrible supervisors, tons of work and no pay increase pay. Unfairness
busy and stressfull
Member Service Representative Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 25, 2018
management only helped when they wanted to. HR policy rules were
only followed when wanted. supervisor and even the managers had their favorites. It had its good days sometimes. I guess you have to be a favorite to stay there longer than a couple of months
Pros
Potlucks every other week
Cons
the job itself
Non Compassionate
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 2, 2018
It's a good company. Pays good. But by all means don't have any family issues thats out of your control and you need to take off pass a day. You will be written up two days your let go, with documentation or not. I know of three people that this happened to. It's a shame too. While I understand they have a business to run and money to make. Real life issues does happen and when you can't depend on your manager/supervisors for support and understanding. Well it's sad.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Don't care what your like issues are. You must be at work. No compassioon
I processed and paid Dental Claims
Dental Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2018
Processing and paying Dental Claims, fixing claims that did not come through the system collectly. Called providers for information to complete the paying of the claims that was left off the forms submitted.
I learned to work reports and helped the supervisors with adding new groups to our system.
The management was not professional. They did not treat there employees the same.
The most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to start work and the supervisors knowing iwas doing a good job.
Benefits
Cons
unfair treatment
enjoyed working there
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  corporate hill dr. Little Rock, AR 72206September 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at HealthScope Benefits they gave me a chance and taught me a lot the people there was great it was like a family Co. it iks a great company to work for, I only left because ot better opporturity and job security.
Pros
good working coditions, benefits were good, young company
Cons
no cons
Nightmare.
Claims examiner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 23, 2018
This place is awful. The management defends horrible behavior if you have worked there for decades. If you are new, they will treat you like garbage. The claims area is like the blind leading the blind.
There is not an ounce of professionalism.
Pros
Cons
Do not work here.
Productive place to work.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 28, 2018
Great place to work very professional and all about the customer service. Healthcare is important. Healthcare driven and focused on processing claims in a timely manner and accurate.
Pros
Great place overall .
Cons
Was laid off.
Like others have said... Stay away
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2018
No room for advancement unless someone favors you from management. No one really cares about the employees. Qa is a joke. Call center is rough. Claims manager is a incompetent. Nobody in management has a clue what is going on. Thankfully they have the the reps to blame.ac breaks often. They make you work through it or get fired.
Pros
Once in a blue moon they have free food
Cons
Micro managing. No one likes it and it shows
Do not waste your time
Csr (Current Employee) –  Westerville ohioJuly 31, 2018
I have been with hsb since 2015 when i first started maybe for the first year or so i liked it. But gradually this place went downhill management is rude and doesn't care much about the employees. They arent very good about getting answers to questions. They pay everyone differently and unfairly there is people who have been here for years and dont make much and they are bringing in new hires paying them more then the people who have been with them numerous yrs.
They had me training at one point in time and once i found out that the people i would train are makin more then me i told them i wont train anymore. Its alot of micromanaging here! They pick on who they want to pick on its just horrible
I would never recommend this place to anyone at all! Stay away only reason im here is because im looking for another job.
Pros
They have food trucks, some good coworkers
Cons
Gossip, everyone in everyone’s business etc
Hsb
Claims Analyst II (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 26, 2018
Management team was very helpful and knowledgeable. Fast pace environment. Processing system is very very old, therefore it's a bit challenging to learn.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
short training or system usage
Awesome
Mangaed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 10, 2019
Very busy office setting, but I was able to keep up with the demands of the position, management was very hands on and available to assist when needed.
Pros
Everything was fine
awful
Customer service healthcare advocte (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 21, 2018
bad management they don't care about family all they care about is stats and how long your on the phone there a lot of pressure training is mostly with other csr and reading on your own at a fast past. management all team up together they really don't care about how you feel you get scolded like a kid if you make a mistake. to many mistakes and they threatened to fire you.
you never can speak to hr after your hired. great pro.
Pros
great vacation and benefits
Cons
management doesn't care about the employee
Relaxed work environment and family oriented
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Daily feeling of accomplishment and enjoyment by helping people correct the errors made on their bills. Also providing correct benefits information to providers.
Mixed Feelings
Claims (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2018
I enjoy my job and have respect for teh CEO. Departments to do work together which causes problems for our clients. Decisions are more reactive than proactive.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress
Bait and switch
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OH 43081July 24, 2018
Management is corrupt. There is no leadership. Training is a joke. Censorship is very real. No advancement opportunity. Run don’t walk away from this quicksand mess.
Real adjusters don’t waste your time.
Pros
Good food truck sometimes
Cons
Not worth the trap!
Healthscope benefits
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 2, 2018
HealthSCOPE Benefits has been nothing but good to me as an employer. I have grown as a professional while working there and my career opportunities seemed limitless.