HealthSCOPE Benefits, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Like others have said... Stay away
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2018
No room for advancement unless someone favors you from management. No one really cares about the employees. Qa is a joke. Call center is rough. Claims manager is a incompetent. Nobody in management has a clue what is going on. Thankfully they have the the reps to blame.ac breaks often. They make you work through it or get fired.
Pros
Once in a blue moon they have free food
Cons
Micro managing. No one likes it and it shows
Stay away
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2018
Not a good place to work other then to make a paycheck. This company does not value their employees. The only concern is your on the phone time. Q&A is a joke no company standard, it depends on who Q&A you. No raise from company after a year of employment. Some got a raise but others didnt. They promise raise, bonus, and profit sharing but you never see it or get any feedback about it. There was a company survey, no feedback about it. I would guess that is because it was to bad to share with employees. They hire new people at a pay rate less then the temp service pay the temps that work there. They have a buddy system which means it your buddy go to lunch late, then you have to wait until that person returns from lunch, you are unable to go to your lunch at your scheduled time. They are so short on CSR due to people quitting so they add more work on you. You are forced to take calls for groups you weren't hired to take. They claim 40 calls a day, that's a joke The calls are non stop all day. Frankly, this company is UNETHICAL and should be reported to LABOR BOARD and EEOC. My advice is stay away. There is no incentive for perfect attendence, meeting your metrics. However, they do punish you if you call off of don't meet the metrics. I can go on and on Its more wrong then right about this place. Do not apply for a job here. There is no real management just people with the title.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
no raises or room for advancement
fun
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
good place to work, good people to work for and with. vac time is good and sick time is also good. they allowus to work from home when it is bad weather.
culture sucks
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2018
this place sucks and I would not recommend this to my worst enemy. the managers are lacking any real skills and I have no idea how they got their jobs.
awful
Customer service healthcare advocte (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 21, 2018
bad management they don't care about family all they care about is stats and how long your on the phone there a lot of pressure training is mostly with other csr and reading on your own at a fast past. management all team up together they really don't care about how you feel you get scolded like a kid if you make a mistake. to many mistakes and they threatened to fire you.
you never can speak to hr after your hired. great pro.
Pros
great vacation and benefits
Cons
management doesn't care about the employee
Horrible management
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 5, 2018
Run!!,
This is a toxic environment. Low pay, minimal training , Lots of chiefs not enough Indians . No opportunity to transfer to other departments.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, bullying tactics, toxic environment
Temp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 2, 2018
Only three days of training. No guidance, had family member die, and they let me go.
Lack of communication. No real advancement opportunity. Would not recommend
Pros
Money
Cons
No training
Health scope benefits
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
Working at Health Scope was challenging for its employees and management. IT had a hard time developing the correct software making it difficult for employees to do their jobs.
Pros
biweekly pay
Cons
No know knew the concept of job
Don’t work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Terrible place to work very unorganized!!! Training was very unprofessional 2 days the trainers were late or didn’t show up at all. Not a good place .
Honestly...
Health Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2018
- Training is a joke.
- Management in uninformed and is never available to help.
- Employees are overworked and underpaid.
- Lacks support: no one to turn to with questions/issues with members, again management is unhelpful and unknowledgeable here.
- Nepotism ensures job security.
- You can barely reach HR.
Pros
Coworkers, well the ones who are not management’s spies.
Cons
See review
Excellent place to work
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, INFebruary 4, 2018
Very friendly co-workers. Management is very supportive. Relaxed environment. Newly renovated building. Flexible time. Workout room. Plenty of parking. Close to many places to eat.
Pros
Nice work areas
Cons
The company is on the second floor, with no elevators
Horrible Management
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2018
I recently separated from the military after 13 years of service.

I worked for this company for almost 2 months.
In this time, I received the flu and was placed on quarantine via my PCP for 4 days. My daughter had also been ill for a few days as well.

I was fired without any type of verbal and/or written counseling.

This was my first experience with a company in the civilian world after my service. It was horrible!

I enjoyed the job and certain people that work for the company. Management needs a tremendous adjustment and training on how to retain and lead employees.

The pay and benefits are decent.

I would not recommend this company to any associated or friends.
Not good but not bad
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
I have mixed reviews for this job. I loved the business hours but pay could have been better. My supervisor was the most overbearing person ever. He was always at my desk bothering me. It got to the point he moved me next to his desk.
Pros
Business hours
Cons
Micro management, pay
Would not recommend
Former Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2017
Acquired new account, misinformed on training class length. Newly hired supervisor who is inexperienced and under qualified. Many other local better companies to work for.
Pros
none i saw
Cons
misinformed of training length and hours
Just good for a paycheck
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 9, 2017
This place is only good for a paycheck. They tell you there is an advancement and they hire from within and promote but this is not true they always hire from outside
Very poor needs some improvement with managment
Customer Service Rep Call Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2017
Helping members with their enrollment information and ID cards with praying for them as they request you to do that for them. I was asked
that more than one occasion. Going above and beyond is what I done for the members and the providers.
Chaos!!
Claims (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2017
If you work here, remember it's a paycheck. No one actually cares. They come in, and do enough to get by. No team work.. The owner let's employees know she can replace them quicker and cheaper. No bonuses. Very rare pay raises. Lots of mistakes made and again, no one cares. Annual reviews are a joke. No one is allowed to get above a 3 on a scale of 1 - 5. This way, they can justify no pay raise.
There is a lot of fighting, back stabbing, and finger pointimg among employees. Not a pleasant place.
Pros
Its a pay check
Cons
Not much of a oay check.
relaxed, games, cookouts,
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2017
Healthscope was a great place to work. i loved the attire which was business casual all the time. We got to have some fun functions throughout the year. The pay however is horrible, and some of the department managers are micro-managing everyone which is horrible when your an adult. The claims department which i was in before i left was horrible because of management.
Pros
games, cookouts, work attire is casual
Cons
micro managers
Great
Claims/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2017
Worked here for many years. Loved it. Training is great and co workers are wonderful. I worked in several departments with out any problems. Would recommend this to everyone.
A very stressful job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2017
Working with the healthcare. gov to help all Americans who's employers were not supplying healthcare benefits was not a
stable job at the time. It was only into its second year and
Health Scope Benefits felt a little to confident going into the third
year of these healthcare policies that they would be a part of
this new era of affordable healthcare for all Americans. What happened their contracts were not renewed in several states.
I worked with South Carolina and they were one of the states
whose contracts was not renewed and that left me with out a job.
Pros
The hourly rate was good.
Cons
The health insurance deductiblwa were unreachable.