Healthstat Employee Reviews

A very good company to work for
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
I had a very good experience with this company, unfortunately my client changed companies. This company takes very good care of its employees. I had a child while employed with them and have never been better taken care of. They helped me be at ease while learning to be a new mother. Everything was taken care of the first time and followed up on so that I had one less thing to worry about.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Corporate office out of state
they suck
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 19, 2018
very poor place to work. Management has no clue what they are doing. They want people that steal from them but not the people who do what it takes to make it get better
pluses and minuses
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35223June 23, 2018
The work is not particularly demanding physically or mentally. During low illness seasons, patient volume is quite low for a single provider office. One must be comfortable with solitude in a single person office. They pay well for the work but it does appear NP's would prefer full time hours to part time and it creates some turnover in this type of position.
Pros
pay, complexity of work, support by management and IT, low stress
Cons
part time hours for those who wish they had full time, no health benefits.
You get to travel
Phlebotomist/ HRA (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2018
I do about 2 weeks a month of traveling. It's a Health and wellness company. We do a lot of traveling all over the USA. Weeks at a time . Nice to travel with your job.
Pros
Traveling, meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes no work
Great place to work if you are able to travel.
Health Risks Assessment Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2018
Great place to work with lots of travel and great people to work with. If you would love to see different states you should apply. Friendly work place
Be Careful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2018
You're playing with fire working here. You were either liked or not liked, people were fired out of nowhere sometimes. Glad i got out when i did. Managers made loads of money, poor work ethics negative morale, environment toxic. Shady things went down between people here too.
Pros
Exempt employee freedom, onsite healthcare
Cons
too many to list, it was very, very bad/negative
Productive with lack of knowledgeable management
Medical Office Assistant Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2018
Working for Healthstat was fun and rewarding but, frustrating because the Management was not on the same page with knowing the same things. If you asked one manger something the next manager or lead would tell you something different which would always keep you confused.,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Confusion of processes
No respect
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIApril 13, 2018
The management is horrible and majority of the staff is in Charlotte and don't fully answer your questions. At the location I was at I started with 20 hours a week and was told I could pick up shifts at other locations. I emailed about those hours and was constantly told they'd send message along and I heard nothing. Office supplies needed aren't provided when needed and the training is 2 days of just reading the 1004 page binder and then you go to ur location the 3rd day and work with another medical assistant for like 6 hours and then expected to work alone after. The PA I worked with knew nothing other than treating patients. She had no knowledge of the computer programs and how I access certain things. I had to teach myself many things. I liked working there but I felt they weren't organized in management and everyone just only looks out for themselves and there's no team work.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Poor management
Hostile working environment
Medical Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2018
While working the management was poor my hourly pay was leaked out to my co workers. It then became a very hostile environment for me. Management was notified several occasions.
Fast paced company
Clinic Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2018
There is extensive travel that is required for this position 85-90% travel. The primary focus is building relationships by opening Employee Health clinics. These clinics would help decrease time away from work and provide 90 days of free medication to patients.
Good company to work for.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2018
Primary care practice. No collaborative physician on site but accessible by phone. Job was as solo provider. Had to handle and complete all clerical jobs in the clinic, including scheduling patients, as well as clinical work/responsibilities.
Nice concept but the staff isn't adequate to support the company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2018
Huge work load on very few employees. Advancement opportunities just aren't there. Communication is poor due to the larger work loads. Constant travel adds to the frustration of not having time to complete tasks.
Great team members/poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2018
The company has a great mission and the people who work at Healthstat are great people. Management is unrealistic in their goals given the amount of resource they provide.
Pros
Free Clinic
Cons
Lack of proper tools and resources to make job more efficient
Exceptional company with great benefits
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Healthstat takes pride in what they do for their employees as well as their clients. I would highly recommend this company to health care professional.
Fun environment
Team Manager/Health Risk Assessment Specialist/CMA (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Nice place to work enjoy working with clients. A lot of different job opportunities across the country in different settings.
Many departments offer a chance to travel
Employee Health
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2017
Autonomy, good benefits, great patient base and good support from the client. Learned a lot about how to run a clinic. could have had better support from corporate at times, but I have management background so that wasn't a significant problem for me, but that may be for someone who needs more corporate involvement and input.
Pros
Great Benefits package
Cons
No increase in pay and this seems to be comapny wide.
Communication Failure
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 21, 2017
This company does not know how to treat the employees. Management is based on popularity and if they like you. Workload is very heavy, no work life balance. Communication is always misconstrued. The trainers are never on the same page with information. Training is and was rushed. If you snitch and kiss butt, you stick around longer.
Corporate culture is that you are totally replaceable
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2017
Management plays favorites in most positions. Lots of turnover, little support. Unorganized and dysfunctional. Senior leadership has no idea what is going on outside (or inside) corporate office. Clinic manager position oversees 50-60 clinic EACH. Corporate not set up to efficiently allow this to happen without constant burnout and turnover.
Poor management
Team lead MA/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Haines city/Lakeland, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Need to compensate employee for their hard work.

Would love to work with them again but need a higher salary for everything that needs to Get done

Overall is a good company but their employee work history should be checked in depth.
Pros
Flexible when it comes to personal emergencies
Cons
No patient limit
would not recommend
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
While working for Healthstat I barely received a raise. I was promised a raise but never got it. Healthstat has a stressful environment. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I receive great experience working for this company but that's the only good thing I can say about them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthstat. Our community is ready to answer.