Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews

Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 11, 2018
Very low pay. No raises in 8 years. Lack of communication in gym. No collaboration between staff and management. Always cutting costs and classes with not much notice.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
poor communication
Great Place to Work
Membership Director (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 20, 2018
I've worked for Healthtrax for just under 3 years and I absolutely love it. It is a team focused environment. Everyone wants to help you grow to your fullest potential! Having worked in other gyms, I know what this environment is like when it isn't structured correctly. Healthtrax has it right!
Pros
Team Environment, Structured Towards Growth and Development of Staff, Fun Loving Staff
Cons
None!
Great Work Environment
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 20, 2018
I have been working at Healthtrax for 17 years and I am still excited to come to work each and everyday. The Management, Staff, and Members help to create a fun, and at the same time, productive work environment.
Pros
Relaxed, fun, environment. Great management, Fair compensation and benefits
Cons
More center upgrades would be great
A great place to work
Membership Director (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MAMarch 19, 2018
When I first started at Healthtrax in 2013, I was just a part time employee on the front desk. The Sales Director at the time approached me, said he liked me attitude and people skills and invited me to be a part time sales rep as well. I had never had a sales job before, but the company sends you to a two day sales training retreat with the VPO of sales. They gave me all the tools I needed to be successful. Fast forward 11 months later and I was a full time sales rep and was applying to be the Sales Director for another one of their clubs. I was fortunate enough to get the job and, once again, moving up in the company. Three years later I am back at my home club running the sales team and living closer to my family. It has been a great opportunity working here and I plan on staying for many more years. The corporate office and upper management in the company are all very helpful, responsive and take the time to get to know the employees personally. Even though I am working for a larger sized company it has a small town feel to it.
Pros
Free membership, benefits
Fun place to work
Fitness Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 13, 2018
I never thought i would do well at this job but this place showed me i can do well anywhere with hard work and dedication. It really brought me out of my shell and helped me grow as a person.
Pay is very low
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJanuary 15, 2018
Needs to get paid more , the pay is very low and the work peers and associates are very strange. Not a very fun environment to say the lease bit. Worst job I've had
Decent place
Assistant Director of Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJanuary 2, 2018
It was OK. Clean place. Solid staff. It has joined forces with the local hospital and another club system since I worked there, so a lot of changes have occurred.
January 8, 2018

Have to agree with you that our Sewell, NJ Center was definitely decent with a state of the art fitness facility, classes, programs and a most talented dedicated staff. Yes, the center is under new management with a local fitness club operator who has multiple locations to best serve the membership and offer local career opportunities to the team.

No communication
Swum Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 2, 2018
You offered a job and I did apply responding 3 times but heard nothing back from anyone. What poor and unprofessional ways for a public servicing company. Oh well can't be bothered with that but it figures anyhow the way this internet non-service works. Thanks for the non communication.
Pros
Cons
No Communication
January 8, 2018

Yes! Communication is key! It is our common practice for hiring manager's to respond to applicants. As wonderful as the internet is admittedly we have run into cases where someone did not see our email correspondence inviting them for a phone screening and with no reply we move forward with other candidates. (Perhaps our email has landed in a spam folder?)
Qualified, eager candidates are encouraged to show initiative to call the local Center and ask to speak with the hiring manager to confirm receipt of their job application and discuss possible next steps. Set yourself apart from the rest by being proactive exhibiting desirable behavior that you are willing to go the extra mile for yourself and potentially for our members in your care.
Good luck in your job search.

good
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 21, 2017
the staff are extremely knowledgable about their profession. managements is great.
everyone that worked there is friendly and positive while staying professional.
Fitness instructor
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAJuly 5, 2017
Same classes for the last 15 years. Needs new fitness coordinator and management for improvement!

It is a nice health club but needs diversified classes.
Pros
Great location and nice clientele!
Cons
Managed poorly.
July 10, 2017

Speaking on behalf of Healthtrax Corporate our Bethel Park center offers a wide variety of over 90 group classes monthly for varied fitness levels and ages. Our affiliation with the professional licensing and training company called MOSSA ensures that our members are receiving safe, fun and truly cutting edge group fitness class offerings with new launches of new routines occurring quarterly. We proudly employ and retain professional, dedicated instructors working hard to get certified and learn new, rigorous music and routines to help prevent boredom and keep members achieving fitness goals.
We are very fortunate to have our National Director of Group Fitness based in Bethel Park and know that her classes boast the highest attendance, retention and excitement. Healthtrax members truly are the best and make work more fun for us!

great to work out..not to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 26, 2017
I was there for a short time working. Very little to no training for the job I was hired for. Pay was not what I was used to. Only good thing was the "gym perk" I do work out here & it's great for those doing only that. I love that there are no "gym rats". It's a nicer, older crowd or a younger crowd not wanting the BS in a typical gym. I call it a "Health Center" because that's what it feels like. Everyone of the personal trainers and the manager are great people...front desk, not so much. Too much on the phones when you walk in.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
no training
Members are great!
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTMay 21, 2017
The Group Fitness team is a great group of individuals that are passionate about health and wellness. Constantly training to help others reach their fitness goals.
Pros
Complimentary gym membership.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to teach classes.
Very open and kind workspace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 22, 2017
Whenever I had went into work, people there are very kind and the management is wonderful and always meet you whenever you need help anything. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Choose your own break
Friendly People
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 21, 2017
The people are friendly. Management is flexible and always ready to answer any questions you might have. I work in the pool. The pool is clean and warm. The program is well organized and there are many opportunities to make connections.
Pros
clean environment and friendly people
Good place to be a trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 7, 2017
In Healthtrax we work with a lot of older people which i really like. I like helping people accomplish their fitness and health goals. I want to help them succeed at the highest level possible.
Pros
Customers. Very enthusiastic
Cons
Not enough clients to make a living
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 12, 2016
Improved the center’s revenue with sales and retention, moving it to the 2nd position within corporation. Created awareness of the club around the community and empowered my staff to meet their measures as well.
Good place to work, positive atmosphere
Sales Associate/Internal & External Marketing (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMay 18, 2015
-Managing of accounts for current members (that I have signed up)
-Helping design marketing ideas for external marketing
-Goal setting for daily and for the week
-Hardest part of the job, finding new members
-Easiest part of the job, servicing members
Pros
Great boss, free gym membership
Cons
must work one weekend day
Always learning something new from other staff members
Fitness Staff / Personal Coach (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTSeptember 25, 2014
My colleague's were always so helpful and supportive as I started my journey in the fitness industry.
Beautiful facility and well trained staff.
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2014
Typical day involved fitness orientations, fitness testing and prescription.
Pros
High customer contact and fast-paced environment.
Great Experience
Membership Director (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJuly 8, 2014
Experience In medical arena working with hospitals and other healthcare providers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Reviews by Location