Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews

Best work ever
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  EastlongmeadowFebruary 4, 2019
Its a good place for work everybody are nice i worked 6 months i have to quit for health problems buy the place is very good my boss its the best boss ever
Pros
Membership, good place, good people
Cons
No contras
Great environment, must be compassionate in order to succeed.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 4, 2018
My review on Healthtrax is mine alone. I believe Healthtrax cares about the success of it's members, and the success of it's employees. The reviews of Healthtrax being negative are center based, and not how the company acts on a whole. Success, rewards success. If you're failing, or not where you wanna be, change it. Look at what YOU can do first to improve YOUR outcome. I work at the Warwick, RI location which for years was at the bottom...now at the top for the 10 months. Every company has positives and negatives, roll with the tide, and ride the wave. In fact, I WISH we had 100% commissions, myself and other rockstars would make a killing. This is a tangent, off topic, this isn't about the "on paper" benefits.

But I do believe changing the minimum floor wage, increasing the amount of hours, and increasing the commission level will make people more HUNGRY to work their butts off for incentives. This should be only for those that average at least 4-5 clients a month, consistently. Show the trainers that bust their butts everyday, that get the results and then some, that they are worth it.

I love Healthtrax, I have made lifelong friends in the realms of clients and management/coworkers. This is a positive review.
Maintenance director (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 25, 2018
Was a great place to work just advancement was something that was done in the business. My position was goven a lot of responsibility w/ little pay and no O.T unless totally necessary. Plus bi weekly pay and had to organize and plan bills.
Pros
Great staff, amazing members
Cons
Low pay and benfits took have your salary
Healthy and enjoyable place to work
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newingtonl, CTAugust 12, 2018
Fun, team enviornemnt. Excellent fitness classes and strength training options for members and staff. Well rounded environment, people of all ages and abilities.
Pros
full service of workouts
Cons
compensation could be higher
September 12, 2018

Sounds like the Center programs, fellow staff and members are a good fit for you as a work environment. That is a huge first step! Doing meaningful work and earning a living go hand in hand for sure. One advantage in the sales profession is the ability to as the saying goes "write your own paycheck" in essence fine tuning your skills and consistent work habits to build your book of business will pay off. Keep learning while sticking to the basics of the process and success will follow when you are selling what you believe in. Thanks for your choosing us to do work you enjoy. Not always easy, we know.

competitive
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 31, 2018
Must be self motivated and well known throughout the community. It helps if you have part time work while you start your career at healthtrax. Andyou must be passionate about the fitness industry.
October 16, 2018

We appreciate you for bringing your passion for fitness and taking personal responsibility for your success, however you define it. As the saying goes; 'do the work you love and you will never work a day in your life.' We encourage you talk to your manager about training and using the online tools we offer to further your expertise in the field of fitness and continue to build your book of business. Thank you.

Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 11, 2018
Very low pay. No raises in 8 years. Lack of communication in gym. No collaboration between staff and management. Always cutting costs and classes with not much notice.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
poor communication
September 12, 2018

Difficult to read that you felt disconnected. This is not the Company culture we strive for with part time not full timers in any role. No excuses. Management takes full responsibility to do a deep dive and not take anyone for granted.

The difficult decision to change or eliminate classes is not subjective but based on usage and consistent member participation. Classroom space, instructor availability, days & times are finite and making sure we offer the style of classes that meet the most members needs is the goal.

More often than not, the disappointed members try and find they actually enjoy doing a different class and spicing things up a bit.

Hope you are doing what you love and still are helping others get and stay healthy.

Rules too vague, too many employee complaints about pay and who advances.
Kidzone staff (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJune 19, 2018
after 11 years, i only ever got one decent raise in the beginning, after that the only raises given were for a minimum wage raise. when i left, i was making the same as anyone walking in off of the street to apply. I was never really trained for alot, i had to ask or learn on my own. . No one could figure on how certain people advanced and how they got their positions without any experience. My last supervisor was only there 6 years and i didnt get the job because she was constantly running to tell him every little thing.
She stressed everyone out and basically micromanaged everything myself and others did even when she wasnt a supervisor.
I tried to make it a relaxed and fun atmosphere by playing with the kids, she took away many things they played with and made it into a stressful atmosphere. I was not the only one to say so. There was alot of grumbling from other departments such as office, maintenance and trainers. No one i knew was happy. I left saddened because i would miss the kids and a few coworkers but happy knowing i did my best and many people begged me to stay but it was too much for me to deal with the way things were run and poor pay, i couldnt make ends meet.
Pros
mostly flexible shifts, use of gym and pool
Cons
everything else
Internship
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 4, 2018
My shifts started with a review of incoming clients.I'd do programming and set ups. Collaborate with colleagues as needed.
Healthtrax has a diverse population;nice mix of retired professionals, a younger crowd of athletes, and working class folks.
Pros
working with experienced trainers
Cons
competitive work environment.
June 11, 2018

Thank you very much for selecting Healthtrax for your internship. Pleased to read that your experience was a good one and you were exposed to the diversity of clientele we serve and the caliber of our professional, career minded Personal Trainers that make up a day in the life of a CPT. Much success in your studies and hope our paths cross again.

fun place to work
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greater Hartford CTApril 6, 2018
helping people daily overcome personal fitness obstacles. Understanding that no two people are alike. Managed staff daily to perform tasks and followed up on outcomes. Work culture is diverse and friendly.
Pros
working out
Cons
sales driven
Great Place to Work
Membership Director (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 20, 2018
I've worked for Healthtrax for just under 3 years and I absolutely love it. It is a team focused environment. Everyone wants to help you grow to your fullest potential! Having worked in other gyms, I know what this environment is like when it isn't structured correctly. Healthtrax has it right!
Pros
Team Environment, Structured Towards Growth and Development of Staff, Fun Loving Staff
Cons
None!
September 12, 2018

Sounds like we both hit the JACKPOT coming together to do the work we love. We are actually glad that we weren't your first. Having worked in other gyms gives you a uniquely different point of reference than someone new to the fitness industry and to the Company. We spend so much time in the work place, often times more time with co-workers than our own family, it is key to find that place and the people that are an overall fit.

Enjoying your work family and believing in what you are selling are the ingredients to long term success, keeping the fire in our belly day in and day out. A good manager mentors others to follow in their foot steps for success.

Thank you for your work and positive, can do attitude.

Great Work Environment
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 20, 2018
I have been working at Healthtrax for 17 years and I am still excited to come to work each and everyday. The Management, Staff, and Members help to create a fun, and at the same time, productive work environment.
Pros
Relaxed, fun, environment. Great management, Fair compensation and benefits
Cons
More center upgrades would be great
September 12, 2018

We are with you! What is better than liking the work you do, the people and place you do it. That is a recipe for success and doesn't happen every day.

We hear you, can really never over do capital improvements and upgrades in a heavily used fitness facility. Keep that wish list front and center with your Executive Director and VPO so that money reinvested is done so wisely.

Thank you for your positive energy and hard work caring for and about your team, members and Company.

A great place to work
Membership Director (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MAMarch 19, 2018
When I first started at Healthtrax in 2013, I was just a part time employee on the front desk. The Sales Director at the time approached me, said he liked me attitude and people skills and invited me to be a part time sales rep as well. I had never had a sales job before, but the company sends you to a two day sales training retreat with the VPO of sales. They gave me all the tools I needed to be successful. Fast forward 11 months later and I was a full time sales rep and was applying to be the Sales Director for another one of their clubs. I was fortunate enough to get the job and, once again, moving up in the company. Three years later I am back at my home club running the sales team and living closer to my family. It has been a great opportunity working here and I plan on staying for many more years. The corporate office and upper management in the company are all very helpful, responsive and take the time to get to know the employees personally. Even though I am working for a larger sized company it has a small town feel to it.
Pros
Free membership, benefits
September 12, 2018

How time flies when you are having fun! We are so very proud of your career achievements and for the many long time employees we have. Advancement from within and mentoring others to reach their goals is a focus of ours.You being willing to relocate for a new opportunity and back to your home club ready for action with new experiences under your belt was win/win.

Thank you for your willingness and flexibility to learn, grow, move and really take control of your own destiny by putting in the work then and every day going forward.

Congrat's to you from appreciative us!

Fun place to work
Fitness Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 13, 2018
I never thought i would do well at this job but this place showed me i can do well anywhere with hard work and dedication. It really brought me out of my shell and helped me grow as a person.
September 12, 2018

So very pleased to read that your experience helped you to grow as a person working in a people focused business.

Competent, committed and can do people are the dream employees and we hope that you find success with your new found confidence, work ethic and expertise.

Thank you for sharing & perhaps our paths shall cross again.

Pay is very low
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJanuary 15, 2018
Needs to get paid more , the pay is very low and the work peers and associates are very strange. Not a very fun environment to say the lease bit. Worst job I've had
Decent place
Assistant Director of Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJanuary 2, 2018
It was OK. Clean place. Solid staff. It has joined forces with the local hospital and another club system since I worked there, so a lot of changes have occurred.
January 8, 2018

Have to agree with you that our Sewell, NJ Center was definitely decent with a state of the art fitness facility, classes, programs and a most talented dedicated staff. Yes, the center is under new management with a local fitness club operator who has multiple locations to best serve the membership and offer local career opportunities to the team.

No communication
Swum Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 2, 2018
You offered a job and I did apply responding 3 times but heard nothing back from anyone. What poor and unprofessional ways for a public servicing company. Oh well can't be bothered with that but it figures anyhow the way this internet non-service works. Thanks for the non communication.
Pros
Cons
No Communication
January 8, 2018

Yes! Communication is key! It is our common practice for hiring manager's to respond to applicants. As wonderful as the internet is admittedly we have run into cases where someone did not see our email correspondence inviting them for a phone screening and with no reply we move forward with other candidates. (Perhaps our email has landed in a spam folder?)
Qualified, eager candidates are encouraged to show initiative to call the local Center and ask to speak with the hiring manager to confirm receipt of their job application and discuss possible next steps. Set yourself apart from the rest by being proactive exhibiting desirable behavior that you are willing to go the extra mile for yourself and potentially for our members in your care.
Good luck in your job search.

Great gym, great colleagues
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MADecember 18, 2017
Great gym, great colleagues.

Front desk job offered flexible hours when others were willing to trade hours with you for your shift.

Laundry, locking up, submitting cash to company safe.

Could study or read while on the job, just don't forget to greet guests as they come in or say goodbye as they leave.
Pros
Chill work environment, free gym membership.
Cons
N/a
Get all deals in writing
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 17, 2017
AP, AR, audit, contracts, fixed assets. Contact with facility managers and assistant managers to address problems.

Cost reduction by auditing all services to the Gyms and sub leasing space to health professionals.

I was verbally promised that if I reduced credit card fees that I would get a quarter of the savings. I worked on my own time and saved the company 30K and got nothing. Also found out that an assistant manager at one of my facility's was making more than me.
Pros
great parties
Cons
management lies
Healthy Job
Site Director/General Manager/Sales Director (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work. Very unstressful, relaxed environment but the pay is on the lower end of the pay scale. Great work/life balance and all the workouts are great!
good
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 21, 2017
the staff are extremely knowledgable about their profession. managements is great.
everyone that worked there is friendly and positive while staying professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.