Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Working experience

Enjoyed working here. Schedule was flexible and pay was great as well. Management was professional and always helped when needed insight or assistance from any of them.

Great place to work!

Overall Healthtrax in Garden city is a great place to work. Everyone I’ve worked with over the years has always been friendly and a joy to work with. At the garden city location all the employees really care about their job which creates a positive culture. The managers are always professional and there are clear responsibilities with goals set for each department. If you are friendly and willing to work hard you will flourish here. Great place to learn and grow!

Pros

Free membership to gym

Productive relaxed job environment

I've worked for this company for five years and it was a wonderful work environment. I started out in the childcare room working a few hours a day and worked my way up to the front desk working with the members.

Pros

gym membership

Cons

not enough hours

It’s like a little family you’re not apart of

There’s a lot of gossip in the office when I worked there. I was constantly feeling like like I was being talked about in higher management. The men who worked there were creepy towards me. Once they cut hours and I went from working 4 days to 1 day for 4 hours with no warning. I was nervous walking out by myself at the end of the day closing all by myself. They didn’t pay me if I had to stay late for 20 minutes because people didn’t leave or I came in early. Sometimes it felt like they wanted me to do a million things but they never filled me in on what I was supposed to do that day. The manager was a complete a** who spoke down to everyone.

Great Company, Great Gym

A wonderful place to work. The employees, management, and gym members are all wonderful people. Always felt like I was at home when I worked here, and made great connections here.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Respect and teamwork.

Job work balance with an exceptional conducive environment for work. Equal treatment of all staff is incomparable. The uniqueness of the job culture fits everyone in the globe.

Pros

Compensation and benefits.

Great start for me

I started it Healthtrax fresh out of college and it was here that I developed as a fitness professional. The Raleigh location is exceptionally clean. One of the nicest fitness centers in the Triangle.

Tight knit community with keen experienced people

An excellently staffed facility with individuals that care about the client and each other. It put years under my belt working with people there and in my sense of the workplace.

This job sucks do not apply

They will work you like crazy and not pay you enough money for the work that you do they expect you to do everything g cleaning wise for maintenance def not worth it! Employees talk behind everyone’s backs always drama

Great place to learn and advance.

This company provided a great opportunity for me. I started with an entry level position and was able to advance quickly. I was consistently encouraged to challenge myself.

Jobs at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness

See more jobs

Overall ok.

Healthtrax is Progressive and fast paced facility. There are some very strong management leaders. Supervisors need to be looked out a little bit closer. A lot of people slip through their hands that are very good employees. Supervises need more training.

Fun, Easy, Part Time

Wonderful company to work for. Management was flexible and helped accommodate me while i was in school. Unfortunately not much in terms of pay and they did not appear to bend on that.

Enjoyable place to work

Enjoyable place to work. The staff and management are friendly and supportive. I have had a good experience at this fitness facility and would recommend this company to others.

October 1, 2019
Thank you for giving Healthtrax a shout out and referring other like minded fitness professionals to consider joining our team. With 17 locations in 5 states we are always looking for positive, can-do people like you to improve the lives of our members and co-workers. Thanks for all you do.

Great place to work with awesome people and members except for corporate office

I honestly loved working at the specfic center I was at because of my coworkers and the members until the company decided to shut down our facility with only 30 days notice.

Pros

Coworkers and members

Cons

Corporate office

September 25, 2019
Unfortunately, amidst rigorous competition and unsustainable/uncontrollable occupancy costs causing the closure of the business. This was truly one of the most difficult decisions made more emotional for all to part ways with talented staff and dedicated members. Every effort was made to make an impossible situation proceed as smoothly as possible. In an industry where historically locks are put on doors without notice we kept the doors open for staff and members to have 30 days to find alternatives including forging a relationship with the neighboring fitness center to honor memberships and interview staff. Interview and resume building, career and EAP counseling services were also provided to our valued personnel. We too understand the grief and loss of dear friendships that had been forged and wish you healing and happiness in your pursuits.

No two days were alike. Enjoyed this active position.

Unstable work environment. Company in flux. Wanted to keep my position, but job requirement changes occurred that was unable to comply with. Position title and responsibilities had changed multiple times prior to the final ones.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

high turnover

October 1, 2019
We take particular care to recognize each other’s talents and offer quality work responsibilities. The end goal is to align the interests of the individual and meet the demands of the business. It is never easy when the ‘planets don’t align.’ We thank you for your contributions and wish you all the best in your endeavors.

its an okay place to work

I come in at 5am and start the circuit training for clients, if no clients they make me run around like a chicken with my head cut off in between training clients because they cant afford a maintenience guy so i'm their guy. I vacuum, dust, clean mirrors, toilets, sinks, counters, windowsills, dust machines, wipe everything down and head home.

October 1, 2019
It has been forever so that no person is an 'island' in our company. We hear over and again how people like that we are a culture of see a need, fill a need. No me in team. No thinly disguised contempt, "that's not my job". This is what the hospitality industry is all about. What makes 'work' fun for some is pitching in and doing what is needed and being productive while on the clock, earning their paycheck. Boredom sets in when there is no one to serve and nothing to do. We want our employees leaving a shift with the feeling of satisfaction in a job well done. Hope you find the work that fulfills you.

It was a job

I was responsible for my clients for obtaining new clients, and making the revenue goals set from managers, I had to cpmplaete all programs for clients for their required goals, this was the part I really enjoyed, I enjoyed taking care of my clients and seeing the progress they made towards their goals, I did not like how we were treated as employees, there was no incentive to better ourselves, they did not invest in us as their employees or our future in the company

September 25, 2019
To future or current employees reading this review. Talk to your supervisor or your General Manager when something is missing in your work life, please. If your supervisor has neglected to inform you of the expansive and exceptional employee training and benefits program please ask them how you can get involved. Healthtrax University and company leadership brings staff, new and veteran, together for ongoing 4 day personal training workshops; sales bootcamps to fine tune your communication and business skills for success. All CPT's/Group Fitness Instructors have free access to an industry online education, certifications, discounts and more tools compliments of Healthtrax as another benefit of employment. Center managers host regular departmental and occasional all staff meetings for best practice sharing and collaboration. Formulate your business plan for goal setting and achievement with your supervisor as a road map.Healthtrax strives to support you in accomplishing your goals so make sure you have those important conversations and together we can accomplish much. Thank you for the time you spent improving the lives of our members.

Career advancement is something you earn based on work performance

A typical day includes walking through the center to ensure you know what's going on in the club (ex. What's broken, what's fixed, what needs to be cleaned etc;) while positively interacting with members and staff. Daily responsibility includes member services, generating sale leads and referrals. A huge job responsibility is knowing your sales numbers like the back of your hand and how to efficiently read all of the reports to then detail specifics to your team in a motivational way to stay on target. Rather it's good or bad, you have to lead the team and brave the storm! Through this job I learned that you can't motivate everyone the same way and also can not lead/coach the same people the same way. The management at our center is vastly improved as well as the workplace culture since my time here. For a while he had to fight this uphill battle of how the local community perceived the club but I think we're on the right track now. Our #1 goal is to work as a team and have every single employee understand the importance of their job and job duties. Not just sales, management and fitness. Career advancement is something you earn based on work performance not length of employment which is extremely motivating and vital to sustaining consistently high achievers and leaders...especially in the fitness industry. The hardest part of the job is being responsible for OTHER people's job (ex. someone no call, no showing) and also keeping everyone on the same page but that comes with the territory and really tests your Time Management skills. The most enjoyable part -

October 1, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. Managing and motivating others is hard and is not for everyone. Thank you for caring to be the very best you can be. Tap into your resources for continual learning through Healthtrax-U; industry and company events and best practice sharing with other Center managers to always feel supported and growing as a career-minded professional in fitness with Healthtrax. Thanks for all you do.

I love to work with new and old members.

I love to work for new and old members. I enjoyed cleaning for healthtrax. I never get a raise every year but I decided to support for healthtrax. I was never received a recognized valued reward. I always work hard every day, never miss a day.

July 5, 2019
Each of our team members are admired for the skills and contributions they make daily and our appreciation for a job well done can not be expressed enough. As many small businesses, while not always able to give annual increases or include more staff in our annual employee service awards we certainly appreciate reliable and dedicated employees who choose to work with us and who we hope in turn enjoy the myriad of intangible benefits derived from working in our upbeat, positive, healthy family environment.

Open format.

Company closed down its only location in Pennsylvania. Company is based in Connecticut and has 17 other locations. Poor marketing, inadequate adapting to competitive environment, and unwilling to delicate was the cause of its demise.

June 16, 2019
We have immense appreciation and respect for our teams’ accomplishments over the past 16 years to impact and improve the lives of the Bethel Park community through our fitness services and programs.As disappointing and painful as it was, to all of us, the harsh reality was that amidst uncontrollable factors of rigorous competition in a tight market and occupancy costs the business was unsustainable. Friendships were formed that will last a lifetime and countless lives were touched.Please accept our sincerest gratitude for everything you have done and continued success in what is yet to come. Respectfully yours, Steve Capezzone, CEO

Fun workplace

* Coworkers all had a great working relationship, focused on team work, as well as individual goals * Clients and staff had a very "family" like relationship * Goals are very achievable

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Poor Management

June 10, 2019
At the core of our 40 years in business has been building the best fitness, sales and service teams who share our passion for improved health with a culture that feels like 'family' to support the success of members and co-workers. Culture doesn't just happen but is nurtured by management from hiring to retaining top talent and establishing clear, realistic and attainable goals.

September 25, 2019
Healthtrax distinction is the culture which is created in each of our 17 locations. Having reasonable, achievable goals and doing the work you enjoy with people you like is a recipe for success.If you want to reach out for a confidential discussion on what defines poor management to you please contact me, Debbie dstauble@healthtrax.netOur manager's have very big, demanding jobs. What we don't know; we can't fix. Thank you for your contributions to the Center and the Company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness