Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews in Avon, CT

Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 11, 2018
Very low pay. No raises in 8 years. Lack of communication in gym. No collaboration between staff and management. Always cutting costs and classes with not much notice.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
poor communication
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
September 12, 2018

Difficult to read that you felt disconnected. This is not the Company culture we strive for with part time not full timers in any role. No excuses. Management takes full responsibility to do a deep dive and not take anyone for granted.

The difficult decision to change or eliminate classes is not subjective but based on usage and consistent member participation. Classroom space, instructor availability, days & times are finite and making sure we offer the style of classes that meet the most members needs is the goal.

More often than not, the disappointed members try and find they actually enjoy doing a different class and spicing things up a bit.

Hope you are doing what you love and still are helping others get and stay healthy.

Fun place to work
Fitness Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 13, 2018
I never thought i would do well at this job but this place showed me i can do well anywhere with hard work and dedication. It really brought me out of my shell and helped me grow as a person.
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
September 12, 2018

So very pleased to read that your experience helped you to grow as a person working in a people focused business.

Competent, committed and can do people are the dream employees and we hope that you find success with your new found confidence, work ethic and expertise.

Thank you for sharing & perhaps our paths shall cross again.

Members are great!
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTMay 21, 2017
The Group Fitness team is a great group of individuals that are passionate about health and wellness. Constantly training to help others reach their fitness goals.
Pros
Complimentary gym membership.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to teach classes.
Poor management
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 8, 2013
Takes forever to get started because manager is hardly on site. Very poor communication. At a staff meeting, I was the only staff who attended. Unbelievable lack of support from manager. Don't waste your time.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no pay unless you squeeze every penny out of a customer