Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews in Enfield, CT

Horrible management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 14, 2019
Healthtrax will pretty much hire anyone to become a manager or fitness director at their clubs. The Training program has no structure at all and preys on members. The clubs themselves look like they are straight out of 1980 and memberships are way over priced!
Pros
Cons
Management and facilities
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
June 7, 2019

Believe it or not, it is disheartening to us to not have been the employer of choice for you. Our Management Team in Enfield has progressed through the ranks and bring decades of fitness industry specific experience including our Company training and attending industry training, being mentored by senior leadership and corporate specialists and offered certification programs. With any business employees are accountable for his/her own performance, professional development and positive attitude. Career personal trainers will tell you people join a club and are not always sure what their goals and, or health improvement needs are. Conversations help build relationships. Rather than having members leave out of isolation or boredom we encourage trainers to put forth an effort to connect with members to show them all their options and make sure they are safely working out. Believing we are the best in fitness it is our top priority to keep members satisfied, safe and engaged. If clients were not seeing improved results and having fun there would not be a need for Personal Trainers in health clubs.
We are sure that you will find the best employer fit for you in your career journey. We are grateful to celebrate the longevity and talent of our teams.

Maintenance director (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 25, 2018
Was a great place to work just advancement was something that was done in the business. My position was goven a lot of responsibility w/ little pay and no O.T unless totally necessary. Plus bi weekly pay and had to organize and plan bills.
Pros
Great staff, amazing members
Cons
Low pay and benfits took have your salary
stressfull and backstabbing
Physical Plant Director (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 2, 2017
lack of skilled managment
can not manage budgets
stresssful work place
many hours worked without being paid
can not keep employees,very high turn around rate
Pros
free membership
Cons
many hours worked without being paid
Good experience for growth
In-Home Personal Trainer and Nuntrition Counselor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 20, 2016
Good company to grow skills as a fitness professional and learn the business of providing wellness services to the population.
Was fun got to know a lot of people.
Service Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day was going in at 9 and making sure everything was in order. I learned a lot from working there like doing more then one thing at a time. Working on the computer on how to check people into the system. The management to me was not that good because they never talked to me about anything I was doing wrong or right, If something was going on they would not let me know how to handle it. My co-workers where good to me if I needed help they would help me. The hardest part of my job was when I did not know how to do something and I would ask someone how to do it and they would not show me or tell me how to do it. I was there to learn and be better and I did not fell that way. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the kids and meeting other people.
Pros
Working out, Healthcare, Getting to know people, Working with kids.
Cons
Managerment, No brakes
Nice members and staff.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 31, 2012
Come in at 3a.m. to 8:30. Responsible for daily cleaning of whole facility. From showers,equipment,floors,and entire facilty appearance and cleanliness.