Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Review

View all Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness reviews

Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 11, 2018
Very low pay. No raises in 8 years. Lack of communication in gym. No collaboration between staff and management. Always cutting costs and classes with not much notice.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
poor communication
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
September 12, 2018

Difficult to read that you felt disconnected. This is not the Company culture we strive for with part time not full timers in any role. No excuses. Management takes full responsibility to do a deep dive and not take anyone for granted.

The difficult decision to change or eliminate classes is not subjective but based on usage and consistent member participation. Classroom space, instructor availability, days & times are finite and making sure we offer the style of classes that meet the most members needs is the goal.

More often than not, the disappointed members try and find they actually enjoy doing a different class and spicing things up a bit.

Hope you are doing what you love and still are helping others get and stay healthy.

Other Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews

I love to work with new and old members.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MA 01089June 18, 2019
I love to work for new and old members. I enjoyed cleaning for healthtrax. I never get a raise every year but I decided to support for healthtrax. I was never received a recognized valued reward. I always work hard every day, never miss a day.
Open format.
Membership & Corporate Wellness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAJune 5, 2019
Company closed down its only location in Pennsylvania. Company is based in Connecticut and has 17 other locations. Poor marketing, inadequate adapting to competitive environment, and unwilling to delicate was the cause of its demise.
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
June 16, 2019

We have immense appreciation and respect for our teams’ accomplishments over the past 16 years to impact and improve the lives of the Bethel Park community through our fitness services and programs.
As disappointing and painful as it was, to all of us, the harsh reality was that amidst uncontrollable factors of rigorous competition in a tight market and occupancy costs the business was unsustainable.
Friendships were formed that will last a lifetime and countless lives were touched.
Please accept our sincerest gratitude for everything you have done and continued success in what is yet to come.
Respectfully yours, Steve Capezzone, CEO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.