Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Review

View all Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness reviews

Rules too vague, too many employee complaints about pay and who advances.
Kidzone staff (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJune 19, 2018
after 11 years, i only ever got one decent raise in the beginning, after that the only raises given were for a minimum wage raise. when i left, i was making the same as anyone walking in off of the street to apply. I was never really trained for alot, i had to ask or learn on my own. . No one could figure on how certain people advanced and how they got their positions without any experience. My last supervisor was only there 6 years and i didnt get the job because she was constantly running to tell him every little thing.
She stressed everyone out and basically micromanaged everything myself and others did even when she wasnt a supervisor.
I tried to make it a relaxed and fun atmosphere by playing with the kids, she took away many things they played with and made it into a stressful atmosphere. I was not the only one to say so. There was alot of grumbling from other departments such as office, maintenance and trainers. No one i knew was happy. I left saddened because i would miss the kids and a few coworkers but happy knowing i did my best and many people begged me to stay but it was too much for me to deal with the way things were run and poor pay, i couldnt make ends meet.
Pros
mostly flexible shifts, use of gym and pool
Cons
everything else

Other Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews

I love to work with new and old members.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MA 01089June 18, 2019
I love to work for new and old members. I enjoyed cleaning for healthtrax. I never get a raise every year but I decided to support for healthtrax. I was never received a recognized valued reward. I always work hard every day, never miss a day.
Open format.
Membership & Corporate Wellness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAJune 5, 2019
Company closed down its only location in Pennsylvania. Company is based in Connecticut and has 17 other locations. Poor marketing, inadequate adapting to competitive environment, and unwilling to delicate was the cause of its demise.
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
June 16, 2019

We have immense appreciation and respect for our teams’ accomplishments over the past 16 years to impact and improve the lives of the Bethel Park community through our fitness services and programs.
As disappointing and painful as it was, to all of us, the harsh reality was that amidst uncontrollable factors of rigorous competition in a tight market and occupancy costs the business was unsustainable.
Friendships were formed that will last a lifetime and countless lives were touched.
Please accept our sincerest gratitude for everything you have done and continued success in what is yet to come.
Respectfully yours, Steve Capezzone, CEO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.