Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews

Great gym, great colleagues
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MADecember 18, 2017
Great gym, great colleagues.

Front desk job offered flexible hours when others were willing to trade hours with you for your shift.

Laundry, locking up, submitting cash to company safe.

Could study or read while on the job, just don't forget to greet guests as they come in or say goodbye as they leave.
Pros
Chill work environment, free gym membership.
Cons
N/a
Get all deals in writing
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 17, 2017
AP, AR, audit, contracts, fixed assets. Contact with facility managers and assistant managers to address problems.

Cost reduction by auditing all services to the Gyms and sub leasing space to health professionals.

I was verbally promised that if I reduced credit card fees that I would get a quarter of the savings. I worked on my own time and saved the company 30K and got nothing. Also found out that an assistant manager at one of my facility's was making more than me.
Pros
great parties
Cons
management lies
Healthy Job
Site Director/General Manager/Sales Director (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work. Very unstressful, relaxed environment but the pay is on the lower end of the pay scale. Great work/life balance and all the workouts are great!
good
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 21, 2017
the staff are extremely knowledgable about their profession. managements is great.
everyone that worked there is friendly and positive while staying professional.
stressfull and backstabbing
Physical Plant Director (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 2, 2017
lack of skilled managment
can not manage budgets
stresssful work place
many hours worked without being paid
can not keep employees,very high turn around rate
Pros
free membership
Cons
many hours worked without being paid
Fitness instructor
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAJuly 5, 2017
Same classes for the last 15 years. Needs new fitness coordinator and management for improvement!

It is a nice health club but needs diversified classes.
Pros
Great location and nice clientele!
Cons
Managed poorly.
Official response from Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
July 10, 2017

Speaking on behalf of Healthtrax Corporate our Bethel Park center offers a wide variety of over 90 group classes monthly for varied fitness levels and ages. Our affiliation with the professional licensing and training company called MOSSA ensures that our members are receiving safe, fun and truly cutting edge group fitness class offerings with new launches of new routines occurring quarterly. We proudly employ and retain professional, dedicated instructors working hard to get certified and learn new, rigorous music and routines to help prevent boredom and keep members achieving fitness goals.
We are very fortunate to have our National Director of Group Fitness based in Bethel Park and know that her classes boast the highest attendance, retention and excitement. Healthtrax members truly are the best and make work more fun for us!

great to work out..not to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 26, 2017
I was there for a short time working. Very little to no training for the job I was hired for. Pay was not what I was used to. Only good thing was the "gym perk" I do work out here & it's great for those doing only that. I love that there are no "gym rats". It's a nicer, older crowd or a younger crowd not wanting the BS in a typical gym. I call it a "Health Center" because that's what it feels like. Everyone of the personal trainers and the manager are great people...front desk, not so much. Too much on the phones when you walk in.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
no training
Members are great!
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTMay 21, 2017
The Group Fitness team is a great group of individuals that are passionate about health and wellness. Constantly training to help others reach their fitness goals.
Pros
Complimentary gym membership.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to teach classes.
fun workplace and family atmosphere
Daycare Associate (Former Employee) –  Daycare AssociateApril 30, 2017
A typical day would be first to welcome the child with a smile and a positive attitude. This would be to make them comfortable and feel safe with us. Then according to ages we would find different activities for them to do while waiting for their parents. The time there was no more than 2 hours at a time depending on how long the parent would exercise. I learned that each child reacts differently towards people. They also have this separation anxiety when they are new. It was our job to make them comfortable and busy. The hardest part of the job is when you get attached and they stop coming to the daycare for whatever reasons. The enjoyable part is when they are enjoying themselves and you feel like you really accomplished your job. The smiles and the funny things they say and think of.
Pros
free excercise and meeting people.
Cons
having my job eliminated because of expansion purposes.
great place to work
Certified Personal Trainer & Sales (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 12, 2017
I enjoy working here. staff is friendly and management wants to see you succeed. it can be hard to gain clients but if you stick with it it pays off. would roccomend
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
commission based can be tough
Very open and kind workspace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 22, 2017
Whenever I had went into work, people there are very kind and the management is wonderful and always meet you whenever you need help anything. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Choose your own break
Friendly People
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 21, 2017
The people are friendly. Management is flexible and always ready to answer any questions you might have. I work in the pool. The pool is clean and warm. The program is well organized and there are many opportunities to make connections.
Pros
clean environment and friendly people
Membership
Member Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2017
Great company, but I think maybe they should think outside the box a little and don't hire a Membership Advisor with a background in fitness if you want them to be strictly a salesperson. I found myself losing my passion for fitness fast if I stayed in that position for much longer. Management seems to care and your fellow employees are very nice and easy to get along with however!
Pros
Work with friendly staff and management.
Cons
At times very boring and lost my passion for fitness almost.
Good place to be a trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 7, 2017
In Healthtrax we work with a lot of older people which i really like. I like helping people accomplish their fitness and health goals. I want to help them succeed at the highest level possible.
Pros
Customers. Very enthusiastic
Cons
Not enough clients to make a living
Front desk receptionist
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at Healthtrax consisted of billing call outs, greeting people when coming and leaving the gym. Hardest part never knowing if I was going to get called in to work because someone did not show up.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
never knew when coming in
Five thumbs up
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 27, 2017
So far so good I recently started working here at healthtrax... I have no complaints so far. All co-workers are friendly. So Far an excellent choice for work
the members made this place a fun place to work.
Youth activity Director/front desk (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working with the members. They are what made this job enjoyable.I made a lot of friends working for this company. I opened the gym in the mornings and the members where amazing. the owners tended to care more for the sales team and not as much for the other staff.
Pros
the hours where perfect, meeting new people
Cons
healthcare
Healthtrax
Membership Advisor/PT/ Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MA 01028November 17, 2016
Wonderful people, wonderful environment. I had the opportunity to help people start an exercise rourtine and improve their health. It was a very rewarding experience.
Membership
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2016
I enjoy working in fitness and in sales, but this position had so much pressure to sell and focused so much on the numbers I lost sight of my passion for fitness and people. I would rather work for a place that helped me thrive and make my passion seen. I enjoy the facility and all the place has to offer. I don't have any issues with people I work with or my management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Loss of passion
Excellent Staff
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJ 08080September 6, 2016
Responsible for sales, profitability, cleanliness & customer service.
Excellent workers who knew what they were doing when it came to sales, cleanliness, customer service, & fitness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.