Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Employee Reviews

Loved my job here
Certified Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAFebruary 5, 2014
Everyday I looked forward to working here. The staff was like my family always encouraging me and friendly. I Learned so much form my peirs and if I still lived up north i'd still be working here.
Pros
My clients, Staff
Cons
non
Great Environment
Fitness Specialist/ Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDFebruary 1, 2014
This has been a friendly environment to work in! The staff and members are wonderful!
great people low pay
Fitness Services Director/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Great people but low pay. Great work life balance. Learned to be an effective leader. My manager was great. co-workers were fun. best part of job were the employees
Pros
people
Cons
pay
A gym with a lot to offer.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 31, 2013
I joined this gym in June, and decided to do the majority of my extern hours required by school here. A great staff worked with me to make my experience very beneficial and enjoyable. This gym offers a wide array of classes for all ages and fitness levels which are all included with the membership at no extra charge.
Pros
Pool, large locker rooms, physical therapy and massage therapy
Was fun got to know a lot of people.
Service Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day was going in at 9 and making sure everything was in order. I learned a lot from working there like doing more then one thing at a time. Working on the computer on how to check people into the system. The management to me was not that good because they never talked to me about anything I was doing wrong or right, If something was going on they would not let me know how to handle it. My co-workers where good to me if I needed help they would help me. The hardest part of my job was when I did not know how to do something and I would ask someone how to do it and they would not show me or tell me how to do it. I was there to learn and be better and I did not fell that way. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the kids and meeting other people.
Pros
Working out, Healthcare, Getting to know people, Working with kids.
Cons
Managerment, No brakes
Great opportunity for a successful fitness career
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 30, 2013
I have worked for the Healthtrax company (Avon,CT) for almost 6 years now. From the first day to current day the business has displayed professionalism and a commitment to being leaders in the industry. The fitness staff has a great family of trainers and coaches. Our management team is exciting, innovative and fun to work for and with. Healthtrax of Avon continues to set the standard for all competing fitness business in the area.
Pros
Great Family atmosphere, Lots of potential business and networking
Cons
Healthcare
Amazing company to work for and grow with!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CT July 16, 2013
Excellent company to work for. There is not a bad thing I can say. Many opportunities and room for growth. Love their innovative ideas and amazing marketing department. Great corporate atmosphere. Always open to new ideas and concepts.
Pros
Free gym membership, Flexible family oriented company.
Cons
The fitness industry is not the most high paying industry, but Healthtrax find a way to make it worth it with other flexibility and benefits.
Great workplace
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 26, 2013
I train a variety of clients including athletes, middle-age men and women, senior citizens and those recovering from surgery.
Pros
knowledgable and professional coworkers
Cons
far from my home
Poor management
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 8, 2013
Takes forever to get started because manager is hardly on site. Very poor communication. At a staff meeting, I was the only staff who attended. Unbelievable lack of support from manager. Don't waste your time.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no pay unless you squeeze every penny out of a customer
Nice members and staff.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 31, 2012
Come in at 3a.m. to 8:30. Responsible for daily cleaning of whole facility. From showers,equipment,floors,and entire facilty appearance and cleanliness.
Minimal pay but mostly great co-workers
Personal Coach (Current Employee) –  United States of AmericaOctober 24, 2012
Overal attitude and moral is quite negative, possibly due to the low compensation.

The best part is helping people shape their futures for the better.
Great place to start, but don't stay too long
Personal Coach & Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 4, 2012
As a young trainer this is a great place to start out. Management will hire you without a training certificate in hopes that you obtain one in the near future. Each trainer is given floor hours and expected to find their own training clients from working these hours. Mangaement is not very clear and policies change on a regular basis.
The most rewarding part of the job is the results clients get from your training program.
The focus is more on sales and less on the results you provide your clients
Health Club Management
Director of Fitness and Coaching (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 26, 2012
Challenging, demanding and rewarding position. Having the autonomy to run a business with a competitive drive to succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.