Play YouTube video button
HealthTrust Supply Chain/Purchasing Group

HealthTrust Supply Chain/Purchasing Group Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
not bad
It is not too bad.. competitive companies pay higher for lateral position so not enough pay .. work long hours during month end close.. the company as a whole doesn't care about the employees
Favoritism, No life balance
A lot of stuff going on this job, They don't care about you. They only care about themselves. I wish can give this Job 0 star. This job is sucked. I will never work here again.
Caring People caring for people
This job has been one of the most rewarding and has beneficial in helping me obtain various skillsets that I am able to apply on a daily basis to train others.
Stay far away as much as you can.
To much overtime and unsafe working conditions. You have to dodge trash and cardboard and still meet production standards while other employees are flying around you just to meet quotas. Picking goal an hour is just not attainable. Place needs a complete overhaul. Just stay away and don’t waste your time.
Very disorganized/ Messy
I work there less than a month and was ready to go. They are very disorganized. Lack of teamwork and communication. Messy from the director on down. What director would talk about they employees before you even meet them. I was miserable. No training besides the computer. You will have to find what to do on your own. I have the nurse and surgical tech to help me out which they never-mind. No overtime even if you get overtime they will make you come in later or leave early. I thought I was going to get overtime base on my pay. Which was low.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Was good at first
New management came in and they write you up for even sneezing wrong smh it’s like it’s more punishing than appreciation a lot of favoritism going in inside the job
Great management, promoting from within.
Overall, this company is a great place to work for, great management, keeps employees engaged, offers flexible schedules. With regard to benefits, holidays are counted toward your PTO, health benefits are ok as they don't offer HSA account.
Pass on it if you can
It’s a good place to get your feet wet and you’ll definitely always have a job regardless of what department you’re in because turnover is so high they can’t afford to fire anyone. The people in HR are great about planning fun events as well as some others in the office that help come up with fun ideas. However don’t expect anything from management. They don’t care about employees and expect people to work like machiness but pay below the industry average. It’s actually a bit insulting how low the pay is. Managers spend all day doing very little because they don’t know how to do anything at all. When employees try to express ways of improving they’ll give many excuses as to why you’re wrong and that there’s clearly no issues. Growth opportunities are VERY slim, so if you have hopes and dreams I’d suggest going elsewhere unless you just need the experience so you can move on to a better company. One good thing is the health insurance is the best I’ve ever had. Other than that there’s not much good about the place aside from some cool coworkers that keep things entertaining.
Place sucks
They dont care about you, you work 50 hours a week, and they cant even tell you good job, they try to give you lunch once a quarter or a 25$ taxed gift card for Christmas....Supervisor only cares about himself and his job safety...Hire people from outside instead of promoting within...
Terrible logistics manager at CDC mcallen, tx
Very unorganized warehouse, the lead does not do much but talk to the drivers, he has favorites and he is the favorite of the logistics manager that is always on her phone, she is constantly late & smells like she went out partying the night before. If you complain about any unfair treatment they tell you to quit if you do not like it. No immediate supervisor in the same city for the LWM she gets away with everything, she works more on her social medias than on the actual job. Warehouse supervisor has no idea what he is doing, then treats the techs like trash.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay
Good Company to Work For
Nice place to work. Located in Metro Center, Nashville. Nice people to work with. Nice office environment. Management is willing to work with the employees to make our jobs more effective.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Traffic!
quite and clean
treadmill desk is a great spot to work out and get some work done.
hard to schedule since most of the hrs are booked in advance.

lack of training, everyone must figure out their own way of getting the job done.

team mates and management are better than average.

long waiting period to get full time.

contractors do not have the opportunity to work from home.

hardest part of the job is traveling to Nashville.

flexible schedules are the best part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
long waiting period to get full time, lack of training
Difficult to manage work/life balance
Good environment and great team to work with. Must be able to multitask and be comfortable having uncomfortable conversations with physicians a graet deal of the time. Difficult to balance work/life
Pros
Team, Flexability
Cons
Overload of work
A typical day at work
A typical day at work. I get to work around 6:30am open my computer and check my emails. Than I start the task of collecting preference cards and working though them. Run the reports for the day and I'm on my way to starting my day. I think everything that I have learned as the ORICC is very beneficial to me in many ways. I think that I do a good job at my job and I'm very organized.
Pros
The hours and the flexiblity.
Cons
management is new and its shows
Helping Patient Care
I've enjoyed my 15 years with the company. It's time for me to move on to something different and more challenging. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my career.
Very understanding, family oriented Environment
Great Company to work for, just hard to communicate and work with HR department. At least that was my personal experience. Leadership always encouraging of furthering education, always accommodating to personal life situations, and rewarded when necessary. However, being promoted to a new position or even just a simple raise was hard to accomplish once in the HR process.
Pros
Pto, Flexible WFH, Family Oriented, Education
Cons
Promotion Process, Health Benefits
Was fired after a car accident they knew about. They stated 2 no call/no shows..voluntarily quitting?! 9yrs serving them
I did not have any help! A 1person department to serve a 25 bed hospital, an outpatient clinic and 3 separate medical clinics solo. I had no 1 on 1 training. The only training I rec'd was a program on the computer.
Cons
At Parallon these place was the type of place you were able to maintain a schedule between work and home. These guys were able to work with you!! I have never had a problem with this Health Care Staffing Agency they were awesome!!
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Laid back work environment
I worked in the finance department doing accounts payable. I loved my job however, my supervisor lacked adequate communication skills. Also, the pay across the board is pretty low. It's almost insulting. Most of the people who are employed there are married and have two incomes in the household.
Pros
laid back
Cons
Pay is insulting
Productive workplace
I really eanjoyed working for Healthtrust and thought that the people there were great. The only reason I left was a lack of promotion potential based on job availability.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
High level position availability
Great Company to work for
There is simply so much opportunity to make a difference at HealthTrust; from local community work, to self improvement and work improvement. There really isn't any limitations from what i've experienced in my first year.

As for the work...it can be very over whelming though because it is a lot of information about a lot of different systems and you have to learn how the web of relationships work with each system that is in place. And that is where the challenge is at. From acronyms, to old and new systems..the technologies in place and keeping up with everything, policies, procedures. Its not a walk in the park for sure but a challenging environment i think will make anyone rise up to the challenges.
Pros
Making a difference for our hospitals and patients
Cons
So much information about different things to keep up with; one can get over whelmed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthTrust Supply Chain/Purchasing Group. Our community is ready to answer.
HealthTrust Supply Chain/Purchasing Group Reviews by Location