HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Employee Reviews

Fast pace, low wage, bad leadership
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2018
Calls were received back to back and only allow 2:00 per call weather a solution was found or not. Also answered more than 1 call at a time, leaving customers on hold.
Pros
No pros for this company
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Good
Patients Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 29, 2018
This company was formerly Parallon Business Solutions. It was a good job with fair compensation. There seemed to be a bit of nepotism within the agency and a lack of communication.
Poor management
AGENCY REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Does not stick up for staff. Flexible hours. Management is poor. Computer charting for HCA is outdated. Good pay as per diem work. Diverse work culture.
hospital
Inpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 25, 2018
HCA is a good company to work for, learned about I-10 coding, reference material is good, patient care is very important, typical day at work is coding records to achieve accurate DRG assignment, auditing the records the off shore coders have coded for accuracy before the bill is dropped.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working from home
Decent Place to Work
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2018
The company was flexible about working from home if you had sick kids, bad weather or something going on. Everyone I worked with was one big team that did anything they could to get the job done. After being there for over five years, my position was eliminated.
Healthcare Recruiting Company
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Corporate atmosphere and culture is inviting. Hands on training at the beginning. Opportunity to move around the company. Usually the co workers are friendly.
Pros
Big company offers alot of resources
Cons
Information wasnt disclosed to me that would have allowed me to have better success in my role
Nightmare, management seemed beyond ruthless, good accounts flat out given to their friends and relatives
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 20, 2018
Parallon (HealthTrust Workforce Solutions-one of their many names) seems to have forgotten that most employees do not leave a bad company they leave bad managers, bad environments. When you have over a 50% turnover rate you can no longer blame it on the 'bad employees' or 'desperate hires'. As long as upper management is not seeing a great decline in the monetary numbers they do not seem to care what is going on with the lower unit managers/team/peer leads. Clients are paying more money to the companies they hire for collections (Parallon, Tenet, HealthTrust) than they should be due to the manager taking advantage of ways to give accounts to low producing collectors/their friends (move to their inventory) that have already been setup directly with the client in person/online and do not need the intervention of Parallon. Typical managers will get 3 bonus's monthly based on total goal being met monthly for division, open house accounts and total goal met for all collectors. Managers at the Parallon office I worked at allowed house insurance and certain house accounts to be manipulated so that they would receive all 3 of their monthly bonus's and then cover their tracks. All the office's are to adhere to basically the same set of collection rules but that seemed to be a low priority. A couple of the work from home reps also commented that they worked during their lunch and after the end of the workday to do follow-up work. Some reps came into the office 1-2 hours before the start of their shift to try and look for large insurance accounts and the unit manager would not  more... say anything to them. Luckily the client system is date/time/name stamped which allows upper managers to see exactly when a collector looked at the account. If a collector never looked at the account and only a manager did and now it is suddenly in the collectors inventory(sans phone call) this can prove the collector did not do the work.  less
Cons
managers
Flexible work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
This is for nurses who like to decide when they can or cannot work. You can work a few days a week, or get a contract and work a lot. It is a good place to work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Unless you have a contract hours are not guaranteed.
i don't work here
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
i have no idea what company this is. I did not work for this company. i wish you had better data, so that you could find the company i did work for, but you do not.
Hard work but also some fun times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Metro Plex Blvd Nashville TNSeptember 9, 2018
I worked there for 15 years enjoyed the years I worked there and if I still lived in Nashville I would return to work with the company. they have and Business in Cincinnati but that's a little far for me to drive to work for a part time job.
Pros
Sometime
Cons
Company had lots of over time for those who wanted never mandatory.
No major issues
CST (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 29, 2018
This agency will work with you step by step whether its per diem, contract or permanent placement to . The salary rate is one of the highest I have worked with.
Pros
Salary, great management, local placement
Cons
Down time between gigs can vary
Good staffing agency
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2018
The staffing specialists work hard to get you shifts if you are cancelled at your assignment, this is nice to know. Wide variety of hospitals here in kansas city to staff at.
Pros
Overtime available most times
Cons
When slow all areas are slow and no work available.
Fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2018
I have worked at this company for almost 4 years and have experienced many changes in that time. I enjoy the direct staff that I work with however, there seems to be a huge disconnect with upper management. There is no program to help promote from within and they seem to overlook current employees in favor of outside individuals. There is a positive work/life balance, We have options for work from home and flexible hours if needed.
Pros
Team building opportunities
Cons
Staff turnover
Poor Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2018
They need to upgrade their charting system. There are a lot of glee's in the system that will cause numerous medication errors. The work environment was ok, pay could have been better, not to mention I was quoted one pay and end up receiving a pay less than I was initially quoted. One thing I would recommend is to have your pay rate in writing before you start working with them. The only good thing about this company, you will rarely get called off.
Pros
There was always work available
Cons
Charting system
Sressful
APPEALS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
A difficult place to work. Getting work done is alot harder that it needed to be due to ancient software systems. Training puts on a good face, except for production dark corners. Most people working there hated it or kept it secret.
Pros
Nice monthly cash giveaways
Cons
Top managment not aware of departmental abuses.
Madness and emotion are supposed to create unity
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 21, 2018
So, this place was fun. They bring you in without the proper tools to do your job, then dangle a mandatory salary increase in front of you to get you to perform. The problem is, you can get written up if you go to the bathroom without letting at least three people know, so that carrot on a string will always find a way to diminish itself before you ever get to take a full bite.
Pros
Pto, tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Crazy (I mean institutionally insane) management
Low pay
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2018
No micromanagement, chill environment. Hard job with lots of metrics to meet. Management shows a lot of favoritism. Only get promoted by sucking up to boss
Fun and fast paced place to work
Scheduling Excellence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 15, 2018
I assist users in the UK and the US by helping to trouble shoot their scheduling errors/issues with the program that they use called Facility Scheduler.
Every day is different.
The hardest part of the job is getting up at 4 am to start work and and the most enjoyable is leaving at 1 pm to go home!!
No personal touch
Advance Practice and Leadership Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2018
HealthTrust has the foundation for being a terrific organization. I am unable to comment on many of their different divisions, however, I can speak to their direct-hire division. This division is not well structured and really do not receive the recognition or attention it needs and deserves. There are so many politics and roadblocks in the way that the recruiters have to spend entirely too much time seeking approval for every step in the process. Feels a little bit like "hurry up and wait".
Shifts are hard to find
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2018
This company recruits like crazy! And there are hardly enough shifts to go around for the amount of RNs they recruit.
I get cancelled almost every night - the uncertainty of working or not working that night is stressful.
All they care about is recruiting nurses but in return cannot offer them shifts to make a three day work week.

Don't fall for this. Stay where you are at. Where you are at least guaranteed shifts.
Cons
no shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HealthTrust Workforce Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HealthTrust Workforce Solutions.

Powered by Comparably