Healthworks Fitness

Working at Healthworks Fitness: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

fitnessmemberteamemployeegreatworkworkinglove

They really care!

I am a long time employee of Healthworks! I love the people I work with, enjoy the warm environment and have always felt appreciated and cared for. I would highly recommend Healthworks as a place to call home if you are looking for a career and not just a job!

Pros

Benefits, paid time off, great people!

Best place to work as a fitness professional

When I got the opportunity to take a position with Healthworks, I was beyond excited because of the company's reputation as being a phenomenal women's only fitness club and I could not be happier about my decision. I love working for a company that values its employees and is committed to helping staff develop their skills and promoting from within.

Pros

Great workplace culture, inclusive environment

Healthworks Fitness insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

The company has a family feel. You can tell the owners and managers really care.

A typical day means interacting with clients and colleagues. We are upbeat and like to have fun, and are really focused on members having the best experience possible!

Pros

Flexibility and tons of support

Cons

n/a

positive team environment and clean facility

The gym itself is cleanest facility I've ever been to. They keep up with new and trending equipment for members and are always striving to better the working environment for employees. I love my teammates and Healthworks!

Lack of Diversity

Healthworks Fitness has great benefits and great events for members; not to mention the hun itself was well taken care of by our housekeepers and has beautiful amenities. However, the spa/massage department is not a priority and it very much a lacks diversity in staff and empathy.

Great company Overall

They are decently organized and have been doing the best they can especially during the pandemic. If there wasn't a pandemic I have no doubt it would be 5 stars all around.

Fun and Productive workplace

Fun and productive workplace that enjoys making the members happy and comfortable. Amazing workplace with meditations rooms, cycling classes, steam room, hot tub and plenty more activities that you can join

Having a good time while playing and interacting with the children

I love working at healthworks for women , Kids club , We see some new faces, as well as some new faces as well , we get to know each child as they come more often ,the moms get more and more comfortable with us when we care for their child, we tend to see the moms ask is any one can babysit for them and we do when we can . as we get to know the children we see their personality come out thats why i love working here as well,

Not a great place to work

Management is terrible. This place is filled with drama. Very low and terrible pay. No place for advancement. They work their employees to death and don’t show any type of appreciation.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Hard finding coverage. No one is really a team player.

Great

Very happy no problems here! I didn't really mean to start writing an evaluation and now I'm afraid I'll lose my last edit to my profile if I navigate away. Healthworks is perfect when you're in charge of yourself and your own schedule. It gets a little hairy to manage your clientele after that. Unlike other gyms, trainers are entrusted with processing all our clients' transactions, pacing the rate at which they'll buy sessions in the future, scheduling and rescheduling. Other than that it's perfect.

Pros

work in your pajamas

Cons

work life balance

A great environment!

A lively, luxurious atmosphere with many chances to acquire skills in the fitness industry. Very good opportunities for career advancement and a positive working culture.

High expectations

On a daily basis there were too many trainers trying to fill full time schedules. A lot of extra work was done throughout a shift without compensation. Long time employees were not friendly or supportive of new staff. No team feel.

Great company in the industry

Great company in the industry! They care about who works for them, they listen and hear their staff, and they challenge you to grow as a fitness professional.

Excellent

I love working here everyone is very nice. They treat you with respect and care about your well- being. It is nice to work at place where people geniunely care about you.

Long Time Employee

I enjoyed the benefits of the discounts and having a gym at my fingertips. I love the members and the clients and the co-workers. Often times you get a great group of trainers and it feels like a well running machine!

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

No advancement

Fun place to work, great co workers

Great people around you and a great area to work. Management was very helpful, training was long but they try to set you up for success. Training was a little too long in my opinion. Needed a second job to live.

Pros

People

Cons

Training is too long

More than I ever thought

Working at Healthworks has made a big difference in my life. Its a positive atmosphere to gain knowledge about the healthcare industry, even at the front desk. The hardest part of the job is becoming an information Octopus, answering questions, answering telephones, booking massage and child care appointments with a smile on your face. It will definitely keep you on your toes.

Pros

PTOs, 401k, health insurance, free access to all fitness centers, trip incentives and holiday parties

Cons

minimum wage pay

Great Initial Sales Experience

Great place to get your initial sales experience. If you stick with HW they will promote, they promote preferably with in. Manager works closely with you. You truly feel the team environment. Corporate can be a bit distant.

Pros

Free membership, potentially can make a lot of money month to month

Cons

work weekends, holidays, inconsistent pay

Very social atmosphere

In my capacity in member services I got to interact with our regular members on a daily basis. I also got to meet new and potential members and explain the workings of the club.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Sometimes dealing with aa difficult member.

intensive 24/7

A regular day would be us the care attendants taking care and monitoring the children dropped off by their parents.Directed the toddlers how to read, use the bathroom, and etc.

Pros

taking care of the young ones

Cons

can get hectic

High-end fitness center with great management and guests.

I was the Cafe manager at Healthworks, which required a lot of work but also gave me a lot of experience. I was required to re-stock any items that were getting low, take a customers order, prepare food, order food from different venders, and was also in charge of the scheduling and hiring. The most enjoyable part of healthworks was the challenge, I loved putting my whole heart into their cafe.

Common questions about Healthworks Fitness

Answered by current and former employees at Healthworks Fitness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthworks Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Healthworks Fitness reviews by popular job title

• Healthworks Fitness