Healthy Beginnings Montessori House Employee Reviews in Plano, TX

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Hbmh
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 4, 2018
This teacher assistant position is under paid. Work conditions are stressful and your employment is not guaranteed. You could get terminated at any given moment without further notice.
Loved working with children
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2016
It was wonderful to start and end my day with good people and sweet young faces. I learned a lot on observation skills and patience. My administration and co workers strived as a team to achieve five star quality care. The hardest part was working with those who did not respect the rules of management. The most enjoyable part was being able to garden with my students.
Healthy Beginnings Montessori House
Receptionist & Assistant Montessori Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 13, 2013
I have worked at Healthy Beginnings since March, and I have loved every minute. I started as a receptionist at $9 an hour and later received training through the school and moved into a classroom as an assistant teacher at $10 an hour. My typical day at work starts at 6:45AM. I get to work, I set the classroom up to be ready to receive children, make my coffee, make my rounds to talk to a few coworkers, and when I see a child come in the door that goes to my classroom, I greet and take them in. They will independently put their things away, change shoes, use the bathroom, and choose something to do or set the table to be served breakfast. I serve breakfast, and as we go on through the day, the lead teacher arrives and we go outside, we monitor the work cycle that the children are going through, we have lunch and the children take a nap. I clean the room, and at 2:45PM, I go home. That is not only a typical day for me, but for any assistant teacher at this school. The compensation is wonderful. All mandatory meetings are paid time, all training and continuing education hours are paid for by the school, and the environment and family feel is something that makes me feel very at home in this job setting. My coworkers are my family, and we will warmly welcome all new employees with open arms. The values of the school are clear and strict. We are all here for the children and the school is committed to being environmentally friendly. We have a chef who has won cooking shows on the staff cooking the lunches. He has such extreme flexibility, that a child that is allergic to gluten  more... would receive their own meal. We have many vegetarians and a couple of vegans, working and attending our school who eat well every day. This school is loving, friendly, and absolutely the most wonderful place to work. The owners are very close with each employee and are both willing to be flexible. I love Healthy Beginnings Montessori House, and I know that anyone else would too.  less
Pros
Free gourmet breakfast and lunch, wonderful loving staff, family feel, wonderful pay rate, free training and CE hours, flexible scheduling, employee discount for childcare
Wonderful children and families
Assistant Guide (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 19, 2012
Most of the employees are wonderful and the school has amazing family involvement, One of the co-owners/school director is a little cold and hard to read so you never know where you stand. I personally didn't experience any stability in this job even though I was told repeatedly that the changes would stop. In the almost 2 years that I worked there I involuntarily changed positions about 8 times. However, they are very nice about time off and holiday extras.