Healthy Beginnings Montessori House

Healthy Beginnings Montessori House Employee Reviews in Plano, TX

Plano, TX6 reviews
This is a small school run by a family. It did not take long for me to feel like I was part of it. It's a great place to start your career as an educator. It's very animal friendly (bunny, birds, fish, lizards and for occasionally the director will bring her dogs to work, too.) Everyone is supportive and kind. Loved getting to work along an amazing lead teacher who had been there 7+ years, but also have the class to myself in the afternoons to practice my classroom management skills and such. I loved teaching music, having dance parties with the kids and watching them grow up before my eyes. There is a big backyard and it is used often. Kids get a lot of play time (over an hour). Kids are encouraged to be independent: set up their own snack, set up their lunch spot and even go on their nap rolls to nap on their own. You truly are there to help them when needed and assist only when necessary. it is a lot of work though maintaining the environment. Especially closing the classroom: sweeping, mopping, doing dishes and cleaning the bathrooms. Be prepared to work hard!! But also be prepared to build great relationships with kids, coworkers and admin.
Pros
Free organic meals, lots of animals, lots of outside time
Cons
Working until 6:30, closing the classroom is A LOT.
This teacher assistant position is under paid. Work conditions are stressful and your employment is not guaranteed. You could get terminated at any given moment without further notice.
HBMH is a beautiful place to work, physically and because the teachers, children and families are wonderful. The people who work there love the children and are constantly working to give the best care and the best environments to the children. Ultimately it becomes as a family as everyone takes care of the children together and the school is a as a team, helping one another.
It was wonderful to start and end my day with good people and sweet young faces. I learned a lot on observation skills and patience. My administration and co workers strived as a team to achieve five star quality care. The hardest part was working with those who did not respect the rules of management. The most enjoyable part was being able to garden with my students.
I have worked at Healthy Beginnings since March, and I have loved every minute. I started as a receptionist at $9 an hour and later received training through the school and moved into a classroom as an assistant teacher at $10 an hour. My typical day at work starts at 6:45AM. I get to work, I set the classroom up to be ready to receive children, make my coffee, make my rounds to talk to a few coworkers, and when I see a child come in the door that goes to my classroom, I greet and take them in. They will independently put their things away, change shoes, use the bathroom, and choose something to do or set the table to be served breakfast. I serve breakfast, and as we go on through the day, the lead teacher arrives and we go outside, we monitor the work cycle that the children are going through, we have lunch and the children take a nap. I clean the room, and at 2:45PM, I go home. That is not only a typical day for me, but for any assistant teacher at this school. The compensation is wonderful. All mandatory meetings are paid time, all training and continuing education hours are paid for by the school, and the environment and family feel is something that makes me feel very at home in this job setting. My coworkers are my family, and we will warmly welcome all new employees with open arms. The values of the school are clear and strict. We are all here for the children and the school is committed to being environmentally friendly. We have a chef who has won cooking shows on the staff cooking the lunches. He has such extreme flexibility, that a child that is allergic to gluten - more...
Pros
Free gourmet breakfast and lunch, wonderful loving staff, family feel, wonderful pay rate, free training and CE hours, flexible scheduling, employee discount for childcare
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Most of the employees are wonderful and the school has amazing family involvement, One of the co-owners/school director is a little cold and hard to read so you never know where you stand. I personally didn't experience any stability in this job even though I was told repeatedly that the changes would stop. In the almost 2 years that I worked there I involuntarily changed positions about 8 times. However, they are very nice about time off and holiday extras.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Healthy Beginnings Montessori House?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthy Beginnings Montessori House. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2