Healthy Living At Home
50Below average

Healthy Living At Home Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews
There are many aspects of this company that are solid and beneficial and provide a lot of opportunity to the employee. There are, however, some executive and managerial team members that are not working consistently with the vision of the founders And can make the working environment extremely uncomfortable and unsatisfying. If you’re going to work for this company make sure your manager is going to be and that you are consistent in personal values as well as professional values
Pros
Income and benefits
Cons
Some incompetent managers
Healthy Living at Home has an incredible team. Everyone is supportive and always willing to lend a hand. Communication and collaboration are exceptional. I couldn’t ask for a better team!
Working for health living Fresno Location has been great! managers are supportive. patient are well cared for. staff is not over worked like other agencies. productivity goals are realistic. For a home health agency this is the best from the last three home health agency that i have worked for in the Fresno area.
Pros
flexibility, communication, independent
Cons
use your own car, cut miles from start to end of work. on call pay low
Relearned alot working here which was really good. Big thanks to YOUTUBE. I really wanted to like working here, i love working as a LPN homehealth but the management, communication, no benefits for part time, and the pressure from the management... ruined it. They time and grade you on how fast you can finish your visit including notes/Dr calls and orders. Its all about the $$$. Theres no way you can finish everything in an hour and 15 minutes including driving From pt to pt. If you do need to talk to them or request something, you have to keep reminding them. Call/email and then resend all the time.. ALSO, i applied for LPN not to be an Homehealth aide. If they need HHA, maybe hire one for HHA? And not have the LPNs or RNs do them. It wasnt part of the application. High turn over! Everyones quitting. (That says alot)
Pros
Experience
Cons
No benefits for part time, poor management, poor communication
They treat their employees terribly. Lie to them and about them. Corporate isn’t any better. It appears to be the basic culture of the company. Wont let you do business with another company unless they have an ownership interest in it. Withhold referrals from clinicians as punishment when the scheduler is mad at them
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Terrible management, middle school level hostile environment
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Awful management. They have little kids running the show who gossip and backstabbing employees. Very terrible work ethics by other nurses an lotz of bullying by management. All they care about is money not the patients at all and many instances of Medicare fraud.
Pros
No pros eorking here
Cons
No cons working here
Disorganized company, people favoritism , not fair opportunities to work with . They closed at San Bruno , recommendation not going work with them, not working as good team
This job will burn you out in a matter of a few weeks. They expect too much, and never help you succeed. I think they are so used to burning out PTs, and just hiring a new one, that they don't see that it will lead to their own downfall.
This company has multiple managers that do not perform productive tasks (exception: the clinical manager does make a few visits), that have to be supported by the staff that actually make money. So they push productivity through the roof, to the point of impossibility. And then the third party QA department justifies its own existence by finding as much unnecessary detail to make you correct on documentation you have already completed. And when you get way behind (and you will) then they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

The micromanagement is horrifying, and the ethics are nonexistent.

Don't work here, please.
Pros
The patients
Cons
The management
At one point I believed everything the owners, managers said about the company being the best. The employee and the patients are a number. It's all about production and you feel like a robot. I would not even consider this place to work.
Home health is the best place to practice at the highest level of my degree. I call it high adventure nursing, and one of the few places you get to see people in their true environment and really make a difference. Healthy Living has been a great place to work. I feel like there is a great team atmosphere.
Appears flexible and reports you can create your own schedule but you end up having to work around the office time so basically you cannot create your own schedule. Management requests you do things that go against your license. If you don't know how to perform a skill for example inserting a catheter, management will tell you to just youtube it and that you'll be fine. Zero organization, communication, and training was only 1 day. You'll be overloaded with patients, then all of a sudden you'll have no patients so stability is not there. I've never worked for a company where I saw at least 8 nurses leave in a couple of weeks. Probably the worst place I've ever worked.
Don't work here, management is very UNPROFESSIONAL! they will offer you a job, tell you that they will send over new hire paper work but never do. Don't even have the decency to give you a call back. Stay away!
Healthy Living at Home has a very positive atmosphere. Management is very supportive of life/work balance. Everyone works as a team and there is no back biting among employees.
The company has it ups and downs, but overall when things are good I love working here. The culture and philosophy are great, `At Your Service` is a nice change of pace in health care.
Great supervisors, very encouraging, generous with their time and training. Office culture very unfriendly and weird, e.g. everyone is ordering lunch together and no one asks me if I want to join when I'm sitting right in front of them.
Loads of unpaid time in traveling, and no gas reimbursement when I'm driving 50+ miles to see a patient and back. However, bonuses do sometimes magically appear on my paycheck.

I just wish they had enough hours for me.
Horrible, unprofessional, scary ED/Clinical Manager. Human Resources is a joke and will without a doubt victim shame you once the awful “leader” of the this “team” sinks her teeth far enough into you. Absolutely no one wants to be violated, disrespected, abused, lied to, and intimidated everyday single day but that is the standard at this location and it will happen to you. All the team members walk on egg shells around the ED/CM because she is unpredictable and highly emotional. I don’t recommend even the subtlest rocking of the boat if the ED/CM has access to you or anything you own. She’s been known to attempt running over employees she doesn’t like or vandalizing cars of employees who have called her out or even reported her to HR. Do yourself a favor and choose an organization that values, appreciates, and treats their employees equally and fairly. This is not that company.
I worked hard for this company, but in the end they only care about the money, not the patients or their overworked stressed out staff. Couldn't see the stress they were putting on staff. No office to work out of. Unfair expectations that they claim are dictated by Medicare laws yet other agencies seem to be able to manage caring for their employees and

areguided by same laws.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Too many to count
I have worked With Healthy Living at Home out of the Concord office now for 6 years. I am committed to this company as I plan to work here until I retire, which is aways off! We did have some bumps in the road with upper management, but fortunately that has been fixed and our new ED is a wonderful and caring person who I truly feel I can talk to about just about anything. She manages without being a bully or making you feel stupid. I love my co-workers in the field and we do what we can to support each other, I feel like they are part of my family.
As far as pay increases, I have been fairly compensated and so far have recieved a pay increase each year, which is literally not the standard for a Home Health Agency.

I love the flexibility and autonomy I now have with our new crew.

Our Area Director is always available when we have questions or concerns, as well as our Executive Director, and both take the time to listen and try to problem solve when issues come up.

My favorite part of this job is the interaction I have each day with all of my wonderful patients, I wouldn't trade the feeling I get from making a difference in their recoveries. I hope I make an impact with them as well.

The absolute only suggestion I have is to have a 401K in which the employer contributes a percentage. I think at some point this will happen!
Pros
We NOW have supervisors who listen to use and try to problem solve, good pay
Cons
can be fast paced when busy, You need to be comfortable without direct supervision, This is one reason I am here :)
OMG. What a terrible place to work. Management hvy as another reviewer stated. New management has no clue about how to run a hh company. Main manager is accusatory and places no trust in the staff (mostly people in the field) She brags about all her experience, but obviously doesn't have a clue on how to manage the team. Don't work here. Half the staff already fired (and great people too). They used to be really good before this new management team stepped in.
Official response from Healthy Living At Home
January 6, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re very sorry to hear that your experience was not as good as it could have been.

If you’d like to continue the conversation, please reach out to us directly at HR@healthylivingnet.com.
Director is incompetent, plays favorites, hires family members, sabotages employees she doesn’t like. Stay away from this company. HR patronizes complaints. Forget about it- do not even think about working here.
Official response from Healthy Living At Home
January 6, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time with our organization. We’re sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. The key to our business is our commitment to not only patient care, but to our employees. We strive to provide an environment where employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.

If you’d like to continue the conversation, please reach out to HR@healthylivingnet.com.
A typical day at this very busy home health agency includes a toxic work environment that makes you feel uncomfortable, unappreciated, or undervalued. This can range from all out bullying, screaming and talked down to, to more subtle forms of poor communication, setting people up for failure, mismanagement and an air of hostility. However, the upper leadership team from San Jose and the local owners and office team members are actually really great to work with. All of the negativity comes from the very poor choice of Director. However, I believe that person has moved on. So maybe things are different.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthy Living At Home. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8