Healthy Spot Employee Reviews

Fun relaxed place to work!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 14, 2018
Very fun environment! Doesn’t feel like work! You learn soooo much information! They really make you feel like family and they are very supportive! Plus there’s a great discount so you can afford feeding your fur babies healthy food!
Pros
Fun, stress free
Amazing people - and you get to be with dogs every day!
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION MGR (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 5, 2018
The people, the culture - this is an organization that walks its talk.

If you enjoy being around dogs and the people who love dogs, this is the place for you! The organization is young (launched in 2008) but maturing, and is in a strong growth period. There is tremendous opportunity for advancement, if you're ready to work hard and embrace the company's mission and core values.

Store-based opportunities are primarily in three essential areas: retail, salon & dog grooming, and small dog daycare - though not every store has a daycare. Healthy Spot offers paid apprenticeships for people who want to learn dog bathing and grooming. Retail is very training-centric, with a strong focus on canine and feline nutrition. Book work, seminars, in-store sessions with vendors, and offsite training are all part of the program.

In daycare, the focus is on dog behavior, including both on-the-job and classroom-style education.

Employees can participate in a variety of marketing and other special events offered by the organization, both in-store and in the community, often in support of local adoption groups.

This is a great place to work and grow!
Pros
Be with dogs every day, and lots of opportunity to promote
Cons
You're going to work hard here and be held accountable; if that's not in your wheelhouse, this isn't the place
Decent for very part-time work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2018
The events are fun and if you love dogs, you’ll enjoy this position. Pay is very low and considering the amount of work available, take it for fun and not as a way to make any real money. Shifts usually run only 3-4 hours at $12/hour. You do get great discounts. It’s a small company, so be patient as they grow and figure things out. People are very nice.
Pros
Discounts, fun, lots of dogs
Cons
Poor pay, not c0msistent work, a little unorganized
Productive Comfortable Environemt
Lead Community Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 5, 2018
The company stands for something important and creates a very positive work environment. The company always stands by their employees and invest in their professional and personal growth.
Fast Paced Environment
Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAFebruary 15, 2018
This job is very fast paced and you must love dogs.You will handle all kinds of dogs from big to small and you will be expected to complete in a timely manner, even if they are misbehaved dogs.
Pros
Stay Active
Cons
Stressful
very hard place to have a career
Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 27, 2017
Wont recommend to work here. they push sales and dont give anything to employees and their management lack of social skills definitly not a place to look forward to work with
Stressful amd always on edge
Daycare Attendant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 9, 2017
Cliques within departments and unfair treatment/harassment. Pay is also much lower than other departments as well even with all that is taught to in training.
Pros
Ok with working around school schedule
Cons
Cliques in departments, harassment
Terrible place
Assistant Salon Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CASeptember 27, 2017
Terrible management plays a lot of games as a company ensures they take care of themselves and doesnt overall care about employees safety or sanity unfortunately
Healthy Spot
Daycare Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CASeptember 8, 2017
Great company, lots of room to grow. So much fun interacting with all the clients and different pups. They offer a lot of great stuff to inspire healthier pet lifestyles.
Not ok for all the stress
Salon Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAAugust 17, 2017
The pay is nowhere near worth the mental stress from coworkers, management, and clients. I've dealt with angry clients but i have never dealt with management excusing a client after he verbally and nearly assaulted a female coworker. Benefits take up most of your check.
Pros
Dogs galor
Cons
Crazy for no reason. No advancement

Want to know more about Healthy Spot?

Ask a question
amazing team members and unlimited fun learning
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 8, 2017
A good day at work consist of hard work and hustle. as a power bather i was require to complete 15 dogs, i thought "cant be done" but after learning the techniques healthy spot provided i immediately got it.
leanred alot
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 19, 2017
I learned a lot of skills for dog bathing. I learned a lot of safety. I learned what tools to use in certain situations. I also learned which shampoo to use and when. My dog handling improved as well.
Great company with honest value
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
My two years here meant a lot. I learned various things, obtained new skills, and was thoroughly trained. The only downfall is once training is done, it is hard for advancement and pay increases are minimal.
Pros
30% products, free small dog daycare, and honest values.
Cons
Pay increases and room for growth.
Lead Bather
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAOctober 24, 2016
It great working, If your willing to work, and try to move up fast. It was great training other bather, do Inventory ever 2 week. it was a little hard to get my shift cover, or try to call for sick day because sometime we where low staff. But I learn A lot, and acquire Some Skill that I will use in the future. An If your hard working because it heavy duty fast pace work.
Pros
It good experince
Cons
Just asking for a Day off or try change schudele
It's a great place to work and the dogs are awesome and adorable.
Senior Attendant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 4, 2016
I love this job. The people that work there are amazing and helpful. It's so much fun watching all of the cute dogs that come into our daycare and store.
Great if you love dogs, bad if you want decent wage
Daycare Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2016
Working with dogs is great, but there are so many unnecessary rules for daycare. Higher ups do not listen to lower staff when opinions are voiced, nor do they seem to care about staff's well being. Very low pay for a physically demanding job. Little to no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Surrounded by dogs, friendly coworkers
Cons
Management, low pay
Not a bad job
Daycare Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CADecember 30, 2015
On a daily basis I would supervise up to 30+ small dogs and puppies in a room at the daycare, making sure to feed, walk, and inspect all of them for any injuries or health problems. I had to manage dog to dog interactions and seperated anxious or aggressive dogs from the others. I also informed each customer about their pet's day and whether or not they made new friends or had any problems with other clients, and sometimes made recommendations about any products that could help them. Unfortunately, management indulged in favoritism and broke daycare policy by introducing large dogs into the area meant for dogs 30 pounds and under.
I had an excellent Manger and a good team!
Temporary Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 20, 2015
I love that this company is a one stop shop for dogs. You can bring your dog to work and they sell natural products!

I learned a lot about recruiting.

My manager was a good teacher and believed in me as an employee.

There is no room for advancement and I question their integrity as a company/employer.
Productive environment with passionate people committed to inspiring healthy pet lifestyles.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 4, 2015
Passionate workers with strong ambition for success.
Fast pace, fast growing start up who is trying to change the lives of pets and their owners. The company is still learning as they are growing and succeeding none the less.
Pros
Flexible schedule
fun work place
customer service/dog attendant (Former Employee) –  santa monica caMay 19, 2014
fun work place, nice customers great time playing with the dogs in daycare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthy Spot. Our community is ready to answer.