hear.com

hear.com Employee Reviews

United States91 reviews

hearingaidcommissionsaleptocultureleadgrowth

Fun work place

This is an exciting company to work for, they are constantly growing and helping people hear better.

Pros

Free lunch once a week

People are supportive and company culture is work hard, play hard

Hear.com has a thorough sales training program by and you are well-prepared with all the scripts/tools/support that you need to succeed. If you run into any uncertainties, just ask a team lead for help and you will be well on your way to learning how to overcome any challenge the job presents.

hear.com insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Best Job I Ever Had

This is the first job I've ever had where I feel valued and appreciated. Management is great and is available to help at any time and there is always recognition for a job well done. It can be difficult to sell hearing aids over the phone but every sales job has its challenges. I have a job where I can work from home, help people with their hearing problems, and make a good living at the same time.

Not What They Say

They'll tell you it's not cold-calling and it's a low pressure sale. It is cold-calling, leads generated by people putting in their information on their website and make new leads or they open old leads. Most people who answer have heard from them several times and asked for no more calls. Then when they do listen, you're told to pressure them and make the sale. Also, they have stats of low return rates, which many of the customers I and others had did return devices... seemingly a high return rate. While I left not trusting the company in a remote position, I did trust the team leads I worked with and the others in my position. The only reason this has more than one star is I worked with 5-star people.

Wonderful company to work for!

Everything about this company and my role within it is amazing! The people and the culture are second to none! Waking up for work in the morning is easy to do when you work for Hear.com!

Stressful and highly micromanaged workplace

this company does not hire talented people to produce they focus most on administrative duties and if you read the script verbatim if you like to smile and dial you will be a great fit you will be required read from a script verbatim they listen to all calls watch all documentation and every time that you are not on the phone you put yourself at risk of being fired no paid internet stipend company expects employees to work overtime without pay no flexible schedules with mandatory saturday work very heavy work load to burned old leads employees promotions are taken away monetarily if they have a bad sales month two weeks notices are not honored they will fire you the same day and without pay for the sales that you produced

Great Pay that’s literally it .

The training is horrible, getting questions answered or help with a situation is very challenging. The expectations in certain journeys are impossible to meet . Extremely high turnover no sense of job security. Not worth leaving a job of 12 years for .

Awesome company with awesome people in it

Being part o this company has been an eye opening experience for me. I had worked in healthcare before but this company has much more energy and overall I feel very satisfied with what we do and what part I play in it.

Treat you like a child

The company just doesn’t make sense as clients can just go to get a hearing test by calling the office themselves. The manager on my team was horrible as we were so micromanaged and had no independence. She wanted our cameras on all day, treating us like her children.

Daily work schedule is draining.

They do not have a good training program. Don’t work there! Commission is low!! Training is not good. I felt very mentally drained working there. I was unhappy with the commission rate especially with how many hearing aids they require you to sell

Awful culture and management

Company will feed you with lies about helping you grow, but the leads are terrible and getting worse. Be prepared to sit through hours of calling blocked numbers, never being in touch with management, and never having any clear training on hearing aids. They’re disorganized and will make promises that will never come true for you. Good luck, this job isn’t worth it.

Do not waste your time.

Hear.com could use some major improvements in Management; from VP, supervisor to HR. I was terminated for "performance" without any write ups or warnings and HR is nowhere to be found. After training I had one coaching with my "Supervisor" so I assumed I was doing well. I truly hope that they realize that not only are you impacting your employees lives by your lack of communication on how to improve our performance and giving us the time to do so, but you’re also impacting our family lives. Awful management, be better. Typical day at hear.com is making 100-150 dials a day, setting appointment so that the customers can get they're hearing tested. 75% of the time customers will either not go to there appointments or leave without hearing aids because they cost 4500-6500 dollars and some how that's your fault.

Pros

Working from home.

Cons

Fake caring culture, Lack of communication from management, Hr?, Dials, commission structure

It’s a trap!

Good idea of products to sell. However your thrown to the wolves in training. Management will not teach you, just critic you in sales tactics. Cold calling and repeat customers. They lie to you during recruitment telling you there is unlimited PTO, come to find out you have to pull teeth to get a day off. In basic, they want you to force elderly people to buy hearing aids, and if you send the customer the company version hearing aid, prepare for it to be garbage. Multiple complaints. If you have a heart and want to truly help people, then expect to get laid off. Great people to work with tho, and culture is cool.

Pros

Culture, pay, work from home

Cons

Everything else

Respect and resources

I think hear.com has a lot of resources for the employees to be successful here, my position is actually one of those resources. I enjoy the people, I feel like the compensation is very good all across the board, I know people who just barely earn what you start with as a sales person here. The benefits are top notch.

This is a terrible job!

This is a terrible job! They don't teach you everything in training, make you loose out on money. Management is horrible! They need to fire everyone and just start over honestly! Because they don't give you the tools to succeed?

Good company/ needs some work

In Sales, everything is micromanaged. Most people get fired or moved from that department which means the rubrics are set up for failure.I’m sure other departments are more healthy

Pros

Remote/ great managers

Cons

Pay and sales numbers

Love working for a company with a good cause!

-I love that what we do has meaning. It's important for me to have a positive impact on people's lives. -The company is very innovative, so you work in a fast paced environment. You're never bored! -The people that I work with are genuinely fun so it's always a good time. -Unlimited PTO and option to work from home is nice.

Life-changing mission to have everyone hear well to live well

-> Huge mission-> Steep learning curve-> Great colleagues: smart, fun and very likeable-> Very many different areas to grow and develop-> Systematic approach to building the culture// Intense working environment

Great company with excellent work culture

Hear.com is a wonderful company to work for. They constantly encourage and facilitate your personal and professional growth. Management treats all employees as equals, but they are always there to guide you and assist you in any way.

Fun and family-type workplace, fast-paced and fast growing work environment, creat culture and people

Fastest growing company in hearing care, ambitious and very professional team, fun place to work at, family-type culture, great personal/professional development paths, love the company! :)

Pros

Team Events, Personal/Professional Development & Growth, exciting career options

Work Hard Play Harder

Feels good when you actually want to go to the office. The culture and the atmosphere are unbeatable. I love working for hear.com. I truly get to help others and grow professionally in the process. This company cares for its employees and there is no other place I would want to work for.

Pros

Happy hr, free BF, lunch, upbeat culture, open door policy, fun Place to work at.

Cons

Too many goodies in the kitchen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hear.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare hear.com with

• hear.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?