hear.com

hear.com insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

It's a pretty good job, not a career.

People here are very nice. I met a lot of quality people both in my peers and management. The job itself can be stressful at times. More so than a normal stressful sales job due to the unattainable performance measurements that changes on sometimes an hourly basis. You can make some good money here but you have to hit it just right. The returns are killer. If you sell 15 units a month you can make really good money from home ($75,000 base and commission combined!) The thing is, there's almost ALWAYS returns eating away at your bottom line. The commission drops significantly when you go under 12 units per month. It's the most frustrating thing ever especially when you work so hard... and trust me you WILL work very hard mentally. The returns are a huge reason why I left, I couldn't do it anymore to myself.Bottom line, it's a good job for a year or two to get you out of a situation you don't want to be in. Turnover is pretty high, there were about 20 people left out of 120 that were still there when I started.

Pros

Work from home, great co-workers and management, great customers for the most part..

Cons

Returns, monotony, too quick to threaten your job security after a slow month (it's sales guys...)

Great place to work from home people are there for you when you need them never alone and get to help people hear better it is a great job you will love it

The BEST work environment, they value work/life balance

Great and reputable company that cares for there employees and the customers they serve. I feel so supported and encouraged by upper management. Customer service is there top priority. They try to always treat there customers and employees right and fair. They are a growing and innovative company. Always trying to grow and change to make processes easier and make customers happier.

Pros

Work-life balance, remote work, supportive management, encouraging work environment

Cons

Health coverage options

Micromanaged and underpaid

When you start with the company as a “rookie” they offer intensive training, a work from home computer and headset they expect you to wear all day. Regardless if your sales are increasing or not, they require 4 hours of talk time a day, which amounts to 100-300 calls in a day on the “rookie” dialer of old leads. Commission pay out once a month, if you struggle making a sale your first month, you make base pay of 16/hr. Constantly being pushed for more talk time which equates working over scheduled hours and limited breaks throughout the day. They say it gets easier after the 3 months but I was not sticking around any longer to find out. Also required to work every other Saturday. Low pay out commission for expensive hearing aids.

It's a tough commission job- sink or swim

The company offers very expensive hearing aids, and you need to sell them over the phone. Some top performers make incredible money, while most do okay. If you are very confident at selling and don't mind selling items that are overpriced, you will do well. However, if you have a conscience and feel bad selling expensive items that you know are much cheaper elsewhere, you will fail. My manager was really good, helpful, and caring, but selling those hearing aids was tough, at least for me. That's my opinion. Some sales reps did fantastic.

Pros

Base salary, Work from home, provide good computer equipment

Cons

Sell overpriced hearing aids.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great for home work, if you have a cushion

First real sales job, lots of training, but throw you out into the ring before you're ready, to train you, for you to figure it out as you go along. Which is fine, but stressful and lost sales if only I had known the answers to the questions posed. You're told you are calling people that inquired about hearing aids, but there are many people that seem confused and angry by your call. So the leads are not as warm as indicated. Also, it seems some people really succeed, while others are left in the dust. But it is a very caring company, they want to take care of their people. And the people that do succeed, kill it.

Pros

work from home, send care-packages

Cons

old leads, not as warm as indicated

Its a good job if you like to hustle the phones from home

The work environment is good - if you like working from home you will be happy. Talking to old people about hearing aids gets old, and the rona did not help anything.

Fun place compensation based

I think this is a great company to work for if you are sales minded and goal oriented. The base pay is there to help you keep going but they do push you to do more. They offered a lot of training but it seems they are not to truthful on the people you will be calling. The leads are not fresh and they are not as warm of a lead as indicated. However, if you are used to telesales this won't bother you.

Pros

Good work cukture

Cons

Old leads

I loved working here

great money if you are good at selling. watch your commission bc it might be short due to unauthorized returns. great managers. one month of training and lots of support. I had JR train me and he was awesome

Pros

money and unlimited pto

Cons

they mess up commission sometimes

Great company

Great place to work. Management can be tedious on KPI's which can make the job more stressful than it already is. The pay is great and you get unlimited PTO. This job isn't easy though. It is very tough but very rewarding if done right.

Pros

Pay. Free snacks. Awesome office

Cons

Very stressful job

No help

This company is no help. Still in training and no one is able to give you an answer when you need. They always say they are always there to help and there’s always room for improvement but that’s not the case. I can ask for help and won’t get a response for days and they’ll put the blame on you and fire you.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No help

Horrible

Extremely disorganized company. Job turned out to be nothing as described in the interview. Odd culture with no definitive job titles or departments. Terribly long script for sales people, so long that it sounds scripted. Worthless training. BELEIVE all the bad reviews.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Disorganized

A low paying virtual call center is all this job is.

Make 150-200 calls a day, maybe talk to 5 people most of which have been misled by the add Hear.com runs on Facebook. Thats right its face book leads. They think its a clinical trial for hearing aids and they are getting free aids or at the very least greatly reduced aids at the end of the trial. Almost, all of these people can not afford hearing aids an know it, they are just being tricked into signing up. Micromanagement is the new style, and its not fun. No support, your manager has to help you with anything out of the norm, as there are very few support staff and hundreds of sales people. If your manager is busy or not helpful, there isnt much you can do to solve problems. Most problems that should be solved in 20min take days or weeks to solve. To make money you have to work a significant amount of over time as it takes a ton of calls to set up 1 appointment. Those that do work a ton of overtime, seem to be rewarded with better leads. The thing is there is no pay for overtime. I am not even sure thats legal as you are an hourly employee. Like a lot of call centers they have 3 or 4 people that do wonderful every month, then 1 rotating person on each team that does great for a month. This is so they can point to someone on your team doing great that month, and say why not you, and then they can point to someone that does great every month and say why not you. Its a very high turnover company. In 6 months just about my entire 10 person team turned over. A large majority of people do not make their numbers and they will get rid of you after a few months of -

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay, micromanagement

Phenomenal company to work for.

I'm not sure you'll find a better company to work for remotely. I was continuously pleasantly surprised by the benefits and perks of this company. The shoe never dropped. It is not for the entry level sales person. They trust who they hire, no micromanaging. It was very empowering to work hard and reach for high goals. The support was amazing and the culture was caring and fun. Do not take this job for granted if hired. I left because of a family illness.

Pros

They trust who they hire, no micromanaging, clear and concise training.

Cons

None, but it is hard work.

September 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. At hear.com, we really strive for the best for our employees and invest the time to train. Wishing you the best and thank you for your time with the hear.com family!Sincerely,The hear.com People Team

They have a lot of fun and take care of their employees

You want to have fun where you work? Have chances to win Ipods, Ipads, Bose equipment other great items and work remotely. This is a company worth looking into. They have a great culture, and the training they offer is incredible. Great support from the management and the team you get put on becomes like a family.

August 31, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience so far. At hear.com, we truly value the family culture and training of our employees is one of our core values. Thank you for being a part of the hear.com family!Sincerely,The hear.com People Team

Exceptional Company to Work For

After being at a company that went out of their way to care for their employees, for almost nine years, I couldn't imagine ever finding the same type of work environment again. Hear.com has far exceeded my expectations, and they genuinely strive to make work/life balance a priority for their employees. Open door policies, empowering team leads and managers, a sense of fun and inclusion in everything we do.

Pros

Contests, compensation, fun meetings, company zoom get togethers

Cons

Not getting to see your fellow employees in person

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the work environment and the culture. At hear.com, we strive for a positive, encouraging, and fun work environment. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!Sincerely, The hear.com People Team

Caring and fun employees in a diverse and dynamic company

This company works hard to make everyone feel valued and focuses on promoting sales with incentives and rewards. It is a fast-paced environment where people still take the time to get to know you as a person.

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience so far. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!Sincerely,The hear.com People Team

Fun workplace

This is an AMAZING company to work for! The Founders and CEO care about all of their employees. Through out the pandemic, they have remained transparent with everyone and have provided updates on any changes. You feel like part of a big family and everyone is so welcoming. If you are looking to add value to your life, get a job at hear.com

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience. At hear.com, we truly care about our employees and like to remain direct and transparent at all times. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!Sincerely,The hear.com People Team

Support system

I enjoy working for hear.com. I appreciate the support that I have from my colleagues . The energy and spirit of the team is fantastic. This company is behind me every step of the way.

Pros

Heath insurance

Cons

No cons

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you are enjoying your experience and you full the support from all of your team members. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!Sincerely,The hear.com People Team

Amazing place to grow your career!

I have never worked at a company where you are surrounded by such great culture and also have the freedom to use your entrepreneur mindset. I have learned so much and you are surrounded by employees that really care. You also have a really great life work balance and it is encouraged to share your ideas.

Pros

Work life balance, expressing your ideas, culture, and learning every single day.

Cons

Just like every start up, we are still experience growing pains because of our explosive growth.

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear of your positive experience so far. At hear.com, we are innovative and invest a lot of time in training employees to be able him or her to their full potential. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!Sincerely,The hear.com People Team

Stay clear

A typical day at hear.com consists of being criticized, overworked, and under compensated. You are encouraged to get to work early, work through lunch, stay late, and have your sales calls even come through your personal cell phone. All without being paid more than 40 hours a week. I learned how important company politics are. Although the work culture is described as a "family" and likes to emphasis how they aren't a normal 9-5, this is all a lie. This toxic work culture brings employees in by making them believe if they work hard and do well, they will be valued. Yet, there is no growth structure for employees. The company does not believe in "Titles" which allows them to give multiple people the same job title and description with no true leader. The sales role is quite possibly the worst overall job I have ever had. Employees are expected to be on the phone for over 4 hours a day every day, dialing the full 8 hours, team leads micromanage and track how long you are away from your desk, and criticize you. In many cases, our partner providers, will steal customers, causing employees to lose commission, and nothing is done. Customers are also told they have a strict 45 day trial period, however, it can be extended and customers are allowed to return far past the date. This causes returns on your end which is a deduction on your commission. Finally, you do not earn commission until your 5th sale, but you are deducted for every return you receive. For example, if you only sold 4 hearing aids in September, you would not receive commission. Then if you sell 12 hearing -

Pros

free snacks

Cons

no breaks, do not follow labor laws or HIPPA Compliance, extremely toxic work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hear.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare hear.com with

• hear.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?