hear.com

hear.com Employee Reviews

United States34 reviews
Featured review
hear.com selected this as a representative review
I really love this company and I love what it stands for. This is truly a family, whether you work from home or in the office -- I have never been happier working with the same people for 40 hours a week. In the past, I've had the Sunday Blues and wished it was Friday every Monday, I've faked smiled to too many people to count, but for the past 2 years I've been with the company, my overall happiness keeps getting better and better, both professionally and personally (no more complaining to my S/O about work every night).

We're a young company, so sometimes there are growing pains, but nothing compared to the soul-sucking beige world of corporate America

We get unlimited PTO and office dogs - Mic Drop.
After being at a company that went out of their way to care for their employees, for almost nine years, I couldn't imagine ever finding the same type of work environment again. Hear.com has far exceeded my expectations, and they genuinely strive to make work/life balance a priority for their employees. Open door policies, empowering team leads and managers, a sense of fun and inclusion in everything we do.
Pros
Contests, compensation, fun meetings, company zoom get togethers
Cons
Not getting to see your fellow employees in person
August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the work environment and the culture. At hear.com, we strive for a positive, encouraging, and fun work environment. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!

The hear.com People Team
This company works hard to make everyone feel valued and focuses on promoting sales with incentives and rewards. It is a fast-paced environment where people still take the time to get to know you as a person.
August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience so far. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!

The hear.com People Team
This is an AMAZING company to work for! The Founders and CEO care about all of their employees. Through out the pandemic, they have remained transparent with everyone and have provided updates on any changes. You feel like part of a big family and everyone is so welcoming. If you are looking to add value to your life, get a job at hear.com
August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience. At hear.com, we truly care about our employees and like to remain direct and transparent at all times. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!

The hear.com People Team
I enjoy working for hear.com. I appreciate the support that I have from my colleagues . The energy and spirit of the team is fantastic. This company is behind me every step of the way.
Pros
Heath insurance
Cons
No cons
August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you are enjoying your experience and you full the support from all of your team members. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!

The hear.com People Team
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I have never worked at a company where you are surrounded by such great culture and also have the freedom to use your entrepreneur mindset. I have learned so much and you are surrounded by employees that really care. You also have a really great life work balance and it is encouraged to share your ideas.
Pros
Work life balance, expressing your ideas, culture, and learning every single day.
Cons
Just like every start up, we are still experience growing pains because of our explosive growth.
August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear of your positive experience so far. At hear.com, we are innovative and invest a lot of time in training employees to be able him or her to their full potential. Thank you for being apart of the hear.com family!

The hear.com People Team
A typical day at hear.com consists of being criticized, overworked, and under compensated. You are encouraged to get to work early, work through lunch, stay late, and have your sales calls even come through your personal cell phone. All without being paid more than 40 hours a week.

I learned how important company politics are.

Although the work culture is described as a "family" and likes to emphasis how they aren't a normal 9-5, this is all a lie. This toxic work culture brings employees in by making them believe if they work hard and do well, they will be valued. Yet, there is no growth structure for employees. The company does not believe in "Titles" which allows them to give multiple people the same job title and description with no true leader.

The sales role is quite possibly the worst overall job I have ever had. Employees are expected to be on the phone for over 4 hours a day every day, dialing the full 8 hours, team leads micromanage and track how long you are away from your desk, and criticize you.

In many cases, our partner providers, will steal customers, causing employees to lose commission, and nothing is done. Customers are also told they have a strict 45 day trial period, however, it can be extended and customers are allowed to return far past the date. This causes returns on your end which is a deduction on your commission.

Finally, you do not earn commission until your 5th sale, but you are deducted for every return you receive. For example, if you only sold 4 hearing aids in September, you would not receive commission. Then if you sell 12 hearing
 - more...
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no breaks, do not follow labor laws or HIPPA Compliance, extremely toxic work environment
This company is basically Insurance fraud over working employees and expecting them to work over time without paying them over time. Mangers are very rude and put so much pressure on the reps without actually teaching. When you ask for help they just expect that you should have learned it in training when they throw you to the wolves. Their partner audiologists are complaining that they are taking advantage of the elderly with over priced hearing aids at $6,500+ when they could be getting very good hearing aids from the SAME local doctor for half the price. The churn rate is high because the reps are under so much pressure to sign 3 appts each day while following a strict script to sucker the customers into buying. Making 150 calls per day like the telemarketers they are harassing the elderly all day with multiple calls to them. Telling them that they have reached out to us when that’s not actually the case at all. I’m pretty sure the company pays to find out who wears hearing aids and sends them a text or email getting them excited about these tiny German hearing aids that are invisible then have the reps persuade them to go with a completely other pair.making it very difficult to sell the appointment. If the hearing aids are so good why would we have to sell against them? I got weeded out of this company because I didn’t kiss butt to the manager. I wasn’t told what I was doing wrong nor given any help to improve even though I was selling my butt off. And yes this is a sales job but you are supposed to pretend to care about the customer but don’t talk to them too - more...
You sit on the phone all day. They give you unrealistic expectations. The office staff gets treated much better than the people who work remotely. The mangers don't explain that they really want you to work every Saturday.
August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience did not match your expectations. At hear.com, we invest a lot of time and training for employees. This is why we have an 8 week on boarding program set up and during this time training and expectations are communicated. We also look at every employee, no matter what location, as part of the hear.com family. As this still did not meet your expectations, we would like to learn more on how we can improve. Please reach out to us regarding your feedback at peopleadmin@hear.com.

The hear.com People Team
Manager was so cocky and rude. He was super young and unprofessional. They were braking laws daily. I brought it up and was basically threatened. They were breaking HIPAA laws as well as privacy laws. Not telling customers they were recording and they were recording medical information AND Credit cards. There also was insurance fraud going on. The insurance "department" knew nothing about insurance. I left while my integrity was still in tact as they hated me asking questions about these legal issues. I will do what is needed for a sale but NOT compromise my integrity.
Great atmosphere at first, then the millennials took over everything.
If you like to be mico managed and unappreciated, this is for you!

Bring your chapstick because if you aren't a "Favorite" you wont get promotions or treated fairly.

I was there almost 3 years and the stress will KILL ya. Not enough money in the world to make me go back.
I enjoyed working here. I didn't work in sales, I worked in IT and the company tries very hard to keep there people happy. They do regular events like raffles, employee parties/ events and family day, etc.

Hear.com does have other positions but, mainly employee salespeople. If you are interested in sales this might be a great fit.
Typical day:
• Remote hearing specialist. Providing patients with detailed and qualifying phone consultations.

• Develop individual solutions based on the requirements of the patient.

• Provide knowledge and in-depth advice for hearing loss and hearing aids.

• Schedule appointments with patients and partner physicians.

• Coordinate financing options with patients and major banking institutes. (Wells Fargo, CareCredit and Allegro)

• Fluent with technology platforms and CRM programs - Salesforce, GONG, Zoom, Tesla, ADM, Medisoft, Lighthouse Microsoft Office Suite and social media.

• Required daily metrics: 100+ outbound calls, 2 hours talk time and 3 set appointments.
September 3, 2019
Thanks for your valued feedback. We understand that phone sales is not for everyone. Once training is complete, each and every consultant is expected to work 2 Saturdays per month as discussed during the interview process. Each consultant will take off 1 weekday, each week they work a weekend. This allows our consultants to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Sonewhat monotonous work. You have to keep clicking to even get a call. It may work for some but I was bored stiff with the repetition and lack of pay
Pros
Cons
Pay
September 13, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We agree that phone sales is not for everyone. While we cannot control when our customers pick up the phone, we can control the great experience they have with us.
Too costly for those on SS or a fixed income to be able to afford. Training on Zoom was a bit of a challenge as the system would have problems. When it came to asking questions, it was hard to get help without having to ask several times before getting an answer or maybe you never got the answer.
September 13, 2019
Thank you for your valued feedback. While some cannot afford hearing aids, many people can afford our devices for low monthly payments, even those on a fixed income and SS. We supply resources as a guide as well as make trainers available for one on one time with each consultant during training.
My experience at Hear.com isn't what was presented when I was offered the job. The leads are warm however the sales process is not one that leads to success since the necessity of working with Providers that aren't trained to be part of the process really inhibits your earning potential not to mention every month the company keeps your first 4 closed /won deals. Not preferred, I will be finding another job soon.
Everything from management, micromanaged, to lies about commissions and lies to the customers, to back stabbing, huge turnover..thats just to name a few of the issues..
Will be quitting in the next couple of weeks.
August 7, 2019
We appreciate your feedback and are truly sorry you feel as though you were not presented with a realistic view of the hear.com experience. We do our best to ensure each consultant is ethical and honest and the contrary is unacceptable. We take pride in our retention of great employees including the first 4 people ever hired in the US. Please get in touch with your recruiter or team lead to share your insights.
They treat you like family and a human being. We work hard together and we play hard together. We have each other's backs. It's an ideal job. I always felt respected.
Pros
Flexible and friendly.
Cons
Commission sales have been struggling the last year
August 8, 2019
We believe everyone in the hear.com family adds value. We love to work hard and play harder! Thanks for being a valued part of our family.
My day starts with being greeted by young, bright, smiling faces and kind words of emphatic encouragement. I am living my dream at hear.com every single day. I love to tell everyone willing to listen that I get paid to play - I truly love what I do, and I love everyone I work with.
Pros
Ping pong table, frequent company events, highly intelligent people, amazing plans for the future, everyone matters
Cons
I can't think of a single con :)
Love Hear.com. They provide amazing work life balance, company culture, unique incentives and bonus, constant training and personal growth opportunities, etc.
I don't believe that I was presented with a realistic compensation plan. The leads don't support it. I took a huge cut for the opportunity to work here, based on the commission structure, thinking that I may be able to improve things for my family, and the gamble is not paying off.
August 8, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Our leads are organically generated through our marketing efforts and because of our commitment to helping people hear better, our leads are aggregated to only connect our consultants with patients who are willing and able to purchase.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at hear.com. Our community is ready to answer.