Heart Hospital of Austin Employee Reviews

Cath Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2018
Very busy place to work and learn loads of knowledge and increase skills. The schedule made it difficult to balance real life with work life. The job was very demanding and taxing to say the least. There was and has been a lot of turnover with staff and management. Heart Hospital was my family for 5 years and I was glad to be a part of it. The staff and employees take care of patients very well.
Wonderful place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2018
No complaints other than the low pay. Plenty of hours and opportunities. Management is wonderful and attentive. Never short of supplies you need to do you job.
I worked as a volunteer chaplain doing two patient rounds per week.
Volunteer Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2018
The Heart Hospital of Austin is a unique environment with a high nurse/patient ratio. The clinical care is excellent with fantastic outcomes. I rounded twice a week, providing sensitive care to a diverse population. My role was humanistic support to the clinical side of the hospital - communicating that the Heart Hospital was concerned for the whole person.
Welcoming, fun, yet challenging environment.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2017
Welcoming, fun, supportive, yet challenging environment. I enjoyed my time with them and the team of people I worked with. I would recommend working at Heart Hospital of Austin.
Fun and positive work environment
TAVR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
Heart Hospital was a functional and well supported institution
to work for. I enjoyed my time their and felt the management and my co workers enjoyed their jobs and the workplace environment.
Pros
Great employee functions, nice environment and co workers
Cons
Too many required online updates to hospital policy to complete on a weekly basis
Fast pace and extremely great teaching facility
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2017
This job was always fast pace but the company made sure it taught the staff updated equipment and technique. Enjoyed working with great doctors and staff team.
busy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2017
very busy place to work, it is a St. Davids hospital so compensation is the typical HCA compensation. Managament is helpful and advocates for nursing staff.
Great place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2017
Wonderful work environment and management, but low pay and benefits although they do compensate exponentially towards continuing education. Everyone works together as a team.
nice place to work
Patient Care Tech III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 27, 2017
excellent service. High recommend anyone to work there. Feel free to look at the review. patient always request to come back as patient. he food service is wonderful.
n/a
Evs Tech II (Housekeeping) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2017
I like working here but sometimes it can very challenging and hectic.
Managers will here you out when you need to resolve any kind of situation or problem.

Want to know more about Heart Hospital of Austin?

Ask a question
Director's Perspective
Imaging Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2017
I learned a lot due to the many hats you wear. A lot of responsibility to handle for one person. This is because the director covers all levels of Imaging management and their associated responsibilities.
Pros
Smaller environment.
Cons
Wear many hats.
Great hospital to work for
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed this job, but my manager at the time knew less about my role than me. Which created a lot of issues. The rest of my coworkers were great, and the hospital overall is a wonderful working environment.
Provides a full range of cardiovascular services and wellness to patients
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2016
Great experience and benefits of devoted cardiovascular care. This is an incredible environment to work in. As an employee, I feel highly engaged and appreciated. Several programs are in place to allow employees to voice their concerns, and get feedback from upper management.
Pros
Staff and services have grown. They offer more services.
You are replaceable
CLINICAL CARDIAC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2016
They do not care about you or paying you. If you are lazy, like to call in a lot and not a team player this is the place for you. They are always short staffed. The ones that are faithful and come to work everyday will always get used ( not in a good way) and treated like badly.
Pros
Cons
all
Hostile work environment, weird staff, rigidly hierarchical
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
It's an HCA facility, so you know that physicians are going to be treated as demigods while nurses and techs are constantly reminded of their disposability. At Heart Hospital there's a LOT of really weird staff members, or at least were when I worked there. If you work there you'll hear lots of horror stories about physicians yelling at nurses on day shift, or how people are writing each other up all the time behind each others' backs. Management is virtually absent, and things really don't get changed there. You're paired up (one nurse and one tech takes on up to 6 patients) in pods. Staff there have this dead look on their faces all the time, they look miserable to be there. Nobody will ever say 'thank you' for hard work done.
Pros
HCA gives great gifts like umbrellas and phone chargers
Cons
Techs are reminded theyre at the bottom of the totem pole, workers arent treated with dignity or respect
fun place to work for
Emergency Registration/Day Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
good hours, great management, good team to work for, loved the company picnics and christmas parties. Had a great supervisor.
Pros
company picnic
Cons
low salary
Heart Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2015
I enjoy working a the Heart Hospital. The patient, tech and nurse ratio is great and makes working there enjoyable. The management is easy to talk to.
I Care Awards, Contests,Appreciation Awards,
PCU REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2015
I could not get the stars to change to rate management and job
culture.
On a regular day at 1800 we get report and at that time transfers and admissions start or the cath lab is bringing up pt's and/or the pts are calling for pain med or they want to go to the br. We start out running. then about 10pm we have gotten most the fires put ot and the meds have been passed. some of us have started charting or in the middle. Sometimes we have a tasker that stays until 2000 to help discharge if there are late discharges or help do admit history. Most of the time the nurses are helping ea. other. If there is a code going on or a pt with chest pain or resp. distress we are there for each other also the PCT. I have learned to take advice from newer nurses and the old way is not always the right way and how the doctors are different from the 90's new procedures how we keep the family more informed and that we get them to participate and new equipment,(ex. the cadio mems. the hardest part of the job for me is losing a pt.
the most enjoyable is working with my friends,seeing a pt that we worried about surviving and then they get to go home and enjoying what I do. We have nights we bring food and eat and sometimes administration buys especially if we are working a busy night and there are pt's waiting in the ED hallways to be seen and they need to be admitted asap. Management will also come in and help if the night is that busy
Pros
pt to nurse ratio is good, the people I work with are very good at there jobs and we are recognized for that
Cons
The night shift is short changed sometimes when it come to inservices
Very engaging workplace
MLS (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Cons
Pay rate
Small cardiac specialty hospital that feels more like a family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2015
I love working at the Heart Hospital of Austin. Everyone is like a big family. Everyone takes pride in what they do and it shows in the quality of care given to patients.
Pros
Central Austin, excellent physicians, Central Market in walking distance, leadership team present and engaged
Cons
Night shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heart Hospital of Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3