Heart Hospital of New Mexico Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice Place to work
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2018
Most employees are nice and I learned a lot working here. The care was sufficient for patients and most patients seemed pleased with the care they received.
The cath lab is a great department to advance your skills.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 28, 2018
The call is hard to adjust to but learning to be an autonomous nurse is a huge skill to have and was taught to me by this department. The people can be a little clicky and hard to work with but ultimately they will have your back. Be prepared to feel over worked many days but you never stop learning.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Call and scheduling
Productive and very professional place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 10, 2016
Patients can be difficult, but that's really the hardest part. which can be a challenge if patients are not motivated to comply with treatment. Lots of computer charting.
One of the best places to work
Certified Nursing Assistant, Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2015
 Assist nursing staff as needed for procedures, assessing and monitoring patient condition, effectively use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
 Obtain vital signs, test blood glucose levels, draw blood, start IV’s, chart, perform EKGs, provide patient care and customer service.
 Trained in Medical Surgical, Telemetry, ICU, SAC, Ortho, and short stay units.
 Communicate effectively with physicians and all hospital staff, enter orders per physicians and nurses request in a timely manner on computer software, ensure accuracy, and efficiency.
 Charge patients as needed, complete admission and discharge paperwork, make up and take apart charts, look up previous patient information, use fax, and copy machine when needed.
Teamwork and management was excellent when I worked here. The co-workers were very pleasant.
Management is very unkind
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 6, 2015
Poor management. Management makes it hard to do your job and you cannot trust the Respiratory manager. Management makes it a very uncomfortable work environment. RN very nice and easy to work with. Dr. very kind and willing to teach.
Worked with great people that I could depend on.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 11, 2014
I loved the Heart Hospital. Great management that worked with me, great doctors that thought of themselves as part of an interdisciplinary team, and wonderful co-workers - could always depend on them if I needed help with a patient that was spiraling downhill.
Pros
The people
Cons
Very small pay raises
A great place to work!
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 10, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Heart Hospital of New Mexico. I had great bosses that treated me not only very well, but also very fairly. My time at HHNM truly prepared me for advancement to become a controller. The most difficult aspect of the job was the time crunch during close, which is typical of most accounting jobs.
Mid sized Hospital
RN-ICU (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2013
I really liked the people. I left HHNM way too soon, but my sick mother needed me at home. That sounds like a lame excuse but my mom has breathing trouble, so taking her there was out of the question. I came home and everything was fine. Had I known that then I would not have left HHNM then, but going on the information I had at the time- I would do it again.