HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC

HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC Employee Reviews

United States27 reviews
Heart of Hospice is a great place to work. It has some things that could be changed for the better, but otherwise its a good place to work. Family environment and they encourage teamwork.
Pros
Family enviroment
Cons
Being on call
They really care about their patients and families
There is not one company out there this is perfect but Heart of Hospice is trying to make a difference in the lives of their patients and families. I have the flexibility to manage my own schedule. I have support in the office if a problem develops. There are layers of nurses so when I take call I may be the backup nurse to the on-call or weekend nurse.
Unorganized, no organized training, not enough time training before being expected to take a full caseload with very little support.
When I was hired they made it sounds like a great opportunity. After a week of self training on the computer I was giving 2 weeks riding with another RN case manager. When another newly-hired RN quit because she was very unhappy, I was given her caseload. I was completely unprepared and was bullied by management because it was difficult to keep up with the excessive amount off work.
Awesome Company
I started as an intern and was hired into my position. Our team is amazing. We have a wonderful staff dedicated to our patients. It is hard work, and it is not always 8-4:30, but we treat each other like family. I appreciate our team so much, and I would encourage anyone to be a part of it!
Its hard work
I love working for hospice but it's long hrs, short staff so ur caseload is full an your on the go non stop. You don't get to spend the quality of time with your patient do to a over full case load. An work long hr so it not a good balance for home life.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Patient care is primary
Management focused on patient care but pushes staff to the point of exhaustion. They are currently short handed an have a bad reputation in the community so not too many people want to work there.
Great place
Staff is acceptable and understanding. You never feel alone. They make you feel like family from the beginning. Being in a company that praises you for your work makes it all worth while.
Rewarding
Very rewarding, fast paced at times, supportive team and leadership, senior leadership always supportive as well.

Team players, growth opportunities
Caring company
Great place to work. Co workers and leadership care about patient care and serving the community. Feel that I have a voice in the company. Great benefits.
Worst job I have ever had
pros: The company is financially stable. I'm not sure how when millions of dollars in errors were written off like it was nothing. So things like ergonomic chairs and standing desks made for a better personal work environment.

cons: Most everything honestly. This company was a hot mess. The people were cruel and rude. Management were all bullies and blind. Many good employees in the billing dept were lost because of one person, Emily. It was a hostile work environment and when it was brought to the attention of upper management they brushed it under the rug.

This could be an awesome company if they cleaned out the unnecessary baggage of people who should NOT be in leadership roles.
Pros
pay
Cons
most everything, terrible management, hostile work environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC?
Challenging and Rewarding
Heart of Hospice is a great company to work for. It's fast paced and challenging but the reward is great. Getting to serve patients who need high quality care is the best part. The vision of the company is inspiring. The staff works well together and management is available to help each local agency learn and grow.
Visionary, exciting
It's a great company to work for. The people are supportive and amazing and helping patients is the best part of it all. I really love the work and the people.
Toxic work environment
Was verbally attacked by another employee and informed the CEO of the situation. The employee that was the attacker got promoted only to quit a month later. The managers within this company have poor management skills but are allowed to keep their positions because of the inappropriate business that goes on behind closed doors.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Toxic Environment
Great benefits and schedule
Good balance of work and time off, flexibility in scheduling, great benefits. Benefits are affordable. Management is very involved and wants your input
Terrible leadership from administrator and senior leadership
Administrator talks down to employees, unprofessional, and takes credit for all that employees do. Senior leadership supports administrator only and no other staff matter. Other managers in the company do all the work get no credit and are put down by the administrator. They say employee satisfaction is number 1 but what they mean is only 1 employee matters. If you want to work like a dog and get treated like one, go to work there.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Unprofessional administrator and corporate leadership
Retail Hospice
They sell you on the job but it is a different story once you get there. Unrealistic goals and they over work their staff and its constant turnover. Management are not well trained. This company is trying to get hundreds patients with little too no staff. Its all about the numbers and not the care. They work hard but not smart! They don't value their employees and don't address burnout! Everyone quits. Don't leave a job you have been on for years to go there because you will be short term. They make you feel like you will be their long term but its really short term. They have lost the compassion in hospice and it about the numbers.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Its a revolving door and you are guaranteed to be overworked and under paid, company is not stable, all about numbers
Worst place I have ever worked for in my career
Salaries are low compared to other hospice companies., if you are lucky you might get a 1% raise and the CEO thinks that's good. The senior leadership does not care about their employees. The HR director is not for the employee and does not follow up on senior leadership misconduct. Very unorganized, poorly managed, and most positions are 'dead end' jobs. You will not be promoted if you are not "liked" by senior leadership. Poor patient care due to high turnover. There is no accountability for anyone they want most ppl to do two jobs for the price of one.
Pros
They like to give out snacks
Cons
Low wages, over worked employees, high turnover
Very rewarding
This is hands down the most rewarding job I have ever had. Great coworkers, great support from management. Would definitely recommend Heart of Hospice as an employer.
Poor management
Management was ridiculous. If you needed to be stabbed in the back and be a scapegoat then this place is for you. I’ve never had an Administrator so determined to gossip and stir the pot.
Pros
Compensation ok
Cons
Management. Expected to work long hours without pay to show for it.
Poor management
This postition was one of the worst I have ever had in Healthcare. Poor management that expects you to work 50 hours a week without adequate compensation.
Pros
Cons
overworked with little pay
Massage chair, fun people to work with
Our office staff people are fun to work with and very laid back, however my administrator is leaving the company for reasons I would rather not discuss. He was the whole reason I left my job at Our Lady of Lourdes and went to work for the current company I am working for. I’m afraid our work environment is about to become more hectic. I feel like our Senior Management Team is not very supportive. We are growing rapidly in our area with not enough nurses to even handle our current caseload.
Pros
Massage chair in the office. Free sodas and coffee available. Sometimes they feed us lunch
Cons
Driving long distances
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7