HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC Employee Reviews

Retail Hospice
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 3, 2019
They sell you on the job but it is a different story once you get there. Unrealistic goals and they over work their staff and its constant turnover. Management are not well trained. This company is trying to get hundreds patients with little too no staff. Its all about the numbers and not the care. They work hard but not smart! They don't value their employees and don't address burnout! Everyone quits. Don't leave a job you have been on for years to go there because you will be short term. They make you feel like you will be their long term but its really short term. They have lost the compassion in hospice and it about the numbers.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Its a revolving door and you are guaranteed to be overworked and under paid, company is not stable, all about numbers
Worst place I have ever worked for in my career
Account executive (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 25, 2018
Salaries are low compared to other hospice companies., if you are lucky you might get a 1% raise and the CEO thinks that's good. The senior leadership does not care about their employees. The HR director is not for the employee and does not follow up on senior leadership misconduct. Very unorganized, poorly managed, and most positions are 'dead end' jobs. You will not be promoted if you are not "liked" by senior leadership. Poor patient care due to high turnover. There is no accountability for anyone they want most ppl to do two jobs for the price of one.
Pros
They like to give out snacks
Cons
Low wages, over worked employees, high turnover
Very rewarding
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 5, 2018
This is hands down the most rewarding job I have ever had. Great coworkers, great support from management. Would definitely recommend Heart of Hospice as an employer.
Poor management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 12, 2018
Management was ridiculous. If you needed to be stabbed in the back and be a scapegoat then this place is for you. I’ve never had an Administrator so determined to gossip and stir the pot.
Pros
Compensation ok
Cons
Management. Expected to work long hours without pay to show for it.
Massage chair, fun people to work with
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 24, 2018
Our office staff people are fun to work with and very laid back, however my administrator is leaving the company for reasons I would rather not discuss. He was the whole reason I left my job at Our Lady of Lourdes and went to work for the current company I am working for. I’m afraid our work environment is about to become more hectic. I feel like our Senior Management Team is not very supportive. We are growing rapidly in our area with not enough nurses to even handle our current caseload.
Pros
Massage chair in the office. Free sodas and coffee available. Sometimes they feed us lunch
Cons
Driving long distances
Challenging and rewarding
Director of Patient Care (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 1, 2018
Very challenging at times but this is the most rewarding job I've ever had. If you have high standards and a strong work ethic you will excel at this company
Pros
Very caring and supportive.
Cons
Not everyone is a team player
Only for the tough hearted
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 7, 2018
The only way you will make it in this organization is if you click with senior leadership, very cut throat, only care about number and an extremely high turnover, great benefits but just not worth it to be miserable
Benefits
Poor work environment
CM (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 13, 2017
Key management roles were held by individuals that did not have the credentials, skill set, experience or proper training to perfom competently. Sadly this caused a very chaotic and unsafe work environment and in turn they have an extremely high employee turn over rate. I would not recommend employment with this agency.
Business Office Manager
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Heart of HospiceSeptember 21, 2017
Business Office Manager
Good company and great mission and values. Bringing new view of hospice to communities they serve. Very patient driven and good care.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 10, 2017
Heart of hospice is a great place to be if you are compassionate and love to help people in the end of their life.. great benefits.. great environment all together
Fast paced
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 28, 2017
Fast paced, not for everyone, you have to be a special person to work in this area. Very rewarding, Patients and families love hospice nurses. Long hours and most time in salary, no such day as being able to take off early, too much work to do.