Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center

Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, some horrible management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salida, COOctober 13, 2018
This was a great Valley to live in, the people working at the hospital are top-notch. Unfortunately pulmonary management makes this life not worth living. The other 1-star post is not the rant of one disgruntled employee, ALL the employees in the pulmonary department (which includes cardio) are extremely unhappy. Micro-management, dictating lunch and breaks is only the beginning. While she happily leaves early Fridays, no one else is given the slightest work-life balance. It seems as if the manager genuinely lives to make employees unhappy. This may be somehow gaining her a pat on the head from upper management, since hours are cut extensively, leaving the department understaffed therefore below budget so maybe they somehow look past the extremely high turnover of very talented professionals?
As great a place as it is for some to work, I could not subject myself to it any longer, and like at least half a dozen others in a department of under a dozen, had to leave a great hospital.
Pros
Great area to live
Cons
Very poor management
I worked for the Home Health and Hospice division.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salida, COFebruary 8, 2018
Great team to work with. Great communication among disciplines. Fantastic support from Clinical Supervisor and Branch Director. I would not be leaving this job except I have to move back to Kansas to care for our aging parents. One of the two best jobs I have ever had.
Pros
Great team atmosphere.
Cons
parking limited for staff
Great Job!
Financial Counselor/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, COJanuary 5, 2018
I loved my time at HRRMC. I loved the people that I worked with and the people that visited us in the clinic. There is always a lot to learn but if you are a hard worker who can stay on task, this is great job for you!
nice, clean work enviorment
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Salida, COJanuary 5, 2018
12 hours shift in ICU , 2 beds , not always full, had to monitor the telemetry for the med /surg unit if ICU did not have a patient, always had a resource person I could call.
I learned that a small rural hospital you did everything
management was very helpful
workplace culture was relaxed , supportive
hardest part was my drive from Gunnison CO to Salida CO , 68 miles and over the Monarch pass
Awesome
Multi-Modality Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salida, CONovember 8, 2017
This was a very fast paced and friendly environment. I hated to leave but had to relocate to another state for personal reasons. Responsible for all modalities plus call.
great productivity and time management, creativity
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Salida, COSeptember 14, 2017
I was able to be very creative with my recipes and bring my latin culture to everyone. The employees are great to work with each day and very helpful.
Horrible place to work
Representative (Former Employee) –  PulmonaryApril 15, 2017
Working here is not worth your time. It is a hostile work environment. Pay is not competitive, and management is horrible. They expect the job to come first with little or no regard as to personal time or time off. It is extremely hard to get time off for doctors appointments or vacations. The management is controlling and changes mind often (as within the same hour). They change job responsibilities often so that you would be working in a completely different department because there is not enough work. There is no camaraderie within this department, you will never work as a team. The manager creates adversarial environment. Housing in Salida is horrible. There is no place to live and if you are lucky enough to find a place, it will be very expensive I worked there for about 2 and a half years and everyday was stressful. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worse enemy.
Rural hospital. Nice staff and a beautiful location.
Medical Surgical Department, Family Practice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salida, COMarch 31, 2017
It is worth the time to get in with this organization. Staff are friendly. The management seems to be out of touch with staff, but direct managers are great.
Pros
Cons
Cost of living vs. pay
Great organization
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Salida, CODecember 19, 2016
Great people and working environment. Understanding management and good benefits they really care about their employees and their patients. I've enjoyed working at HRRMC very much
Pros
Benefits, people, location!
cooking and serving meals to staff and patients
Cook (Former Employee) –  Salida, CODecember 9, 2015
great job great people to work with. some days went by really fast. I totally enjoyed cooking I looked forward to working all the shifts
Pros
stable emvironment, great coworkers
The best department I have ever worked in!
Diagnostic, CT and MRI tech (Former Employee) –  Salida, CONovember 20, 2015
I loved my time at HRRMC and it was easily the best Radiology department I have ever worked in. I learned two new modalities while I was there and made lifelong friends.
Pros
Fantastic people, cheap cafeteria.
Cons
Pay doesn't quite keep up with cost of living, which is quickly escalating.
Little hospital with big heart
Marketing/PR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salida, COAugust 17, 2015
HRRMC is a small hospital with dedicated and hard working employees. Everyone is there because they love what they do and truly want to make the lives of their patients better.
Pros
Wellness program, great cafe, good benefits
Overall good place
Histology Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salida, COJuly 19, 2015
Large outpatient population compared to facilities and number of employees. Most department managers are good, but some bad apples in upper management.
Co-workers and staff very friendly
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Salida, CODecember 13, 2012
cleaning and disinfecting of all operating rooms,patient and bathroom along with all traffic areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center Reviews by Job Title