Hearthside Food Solutions
52Below average
2.9

Hearthside Food Solutions Employee Reviews

United States554 reviews
I worked most days packing on the packing table, also inserting packs of cookies in the machine. Management is fair and respective but in the same sen
I have been there 18 years feel like I need something a little less demanding. Management there does not consider that people need at home time for their families especially now during this epidemic
Great place to work, great.career
I learned to work overhead bulk systems, and how to properly prepare each and every dough. I was on third shift. Overall they are a good company to work for.
Bad don't go
They don't have a schedule for you until the day they have you working. You can't plan anything without a work schedule. The work was just not for me.
Over all I love my job
They give you lots of opportunities to grow and learn. They give you the tools needed and show you the way to succeed. Loving company and over a great place to work.
Crazy atmosphere
Being treated like less than human no matter how hard you work, or how many years you put into your job. No matter how hard you work its unrecognized by management unless your related.
Pros
Desent pay
Cons
Horrible management
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great job
Decent job. I thought this job was a great experience and it taught me alot a out myself and my life goals. I would suggest this job to others and I would highly recommend the benefits that it offrrs.
Abusive
From the moment I walked into the job site I was belittled and put down. The management has no clue whatsoever on how to train, guide, or motivate people. I was actually yelled at for asking a question. I think some of the people in charge should go back to being new and learning and just maybe the tables would change on how they treat people.
Over all pretty good place to work there is always something to do. It’s they don’t care about you home life or whatever you have time with your famil
The only issue your seen as a number and nothing is ever good enough and they could also care less about your home life so just looking to better myself and career and looking for a job to improve my home life and time with my family
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management
Could Be better
Management still trying to find an identity. On boarding process is non existent. Great people in the Company, but there are a few that are more concerned with making a name for themselves than running a company.
12 hour days 6 days on time to rest or be with family
long hours,forced overtime,don't rotate people on said over time.depends where you are working either to hot or to cold.don't rotate people on the packing line
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hearthside Food Solutions?
Not a good place to work
Training is horrible, if it can't be demonstrate with hand movements you are lost and just have to watch what that person is doing. The people do not and are not encouraged to speak English. You are given headphones to watch videos on the company and its so called policies that are not enforced.
A huge lack of corporate influence. The Geneva IL plant is the worse. Dirty plant with broken down machines, that they put cardboard and tape on and keep running. Conveyor belts have broken staples and are badly frayed. Through out the plant you will see nuts and bolts on the floor and around the machines. Only one hand wash station that some people walk on by as well as spit in. At a time of pandemic! Side doors remain open where anyone can walk right in. NO since of security . There is a lack of responsibility and accountability. Not a serious place of business, and the amount of paper waste that goes on is ridiculous. A lot of the paper and training material is out of date with no revision.

If you need a job and don't mine been called lazy , yelled at, someone clapping their hands at you to get your attention then this is the job for you. They really don't treat the temps with respect at all.
Backwards company
Company too worried about the union coming in. Willing to let go of people who cared and wanted the best for the company. Unsubstantiated complaints on a hotline. No investigation. No notifications.Company has potential but not with upper management too scare to do what’s right.
Pros
Cons
Management is too scared to do what’s right
The Company at a whole has PROBLEMS.
Workers are competitive and disrespectful to each other. The Human resource department LIES and is trained to lie to there employees with a program called Skillsoft. These people are horrible to work for.
Garbage company
Mandatory 12 hour shifts, unstable supervisors bound to snap at some point. Workers eating on the line, overall just a job u will live without. Never will consider going back..just a quick hustle.
Flexible employment with friendly employees
Very busy and fast-paced work, flexible hours and schedules. Enjoyable co-workers and friendly environment, Good pay and great benefits as a company whole
Pros
Paid breaks and lunches
productive atmosphere competitive wages
Friendly and helpful management, reasonable pay. Great hours with optional overtime. Machine operators help each other out when needed. Great location,easy to get to.
Summary
I am a very hard worker and always willing to work overtime I can work in groups or I can work alone I just had a little boy so I really need a job like asap
It is but the people make it hard okay pay
It's a good job but there a lot of convicts works there in temp services time to roll over they wont even pass the background they should recommend security it would also be better with more leads and management
Decent Workplace
Pay was way too low. Work was very fast. Temperatures were freezing. Scheduling was a joke. Great people to work with, show you everything you need. Promotions are readily available. Many employees in my stint there were looking elsewhere for better pay.
Pros
Great people, Keeps you busy
Cons
Temperature, Pay, Bonuses, Scheduling.
awful job
they treat you awfully, work you like a dog, hours are awful, they don’t train you just throw you to learn for yourself, other employees are not helpful either. and people are just rude
Stability /Job Security
What I can say bout my job is it's fun not to strenuous everyone puts in their all to accomplish the same outcome clean enjoyable safe environment for them and fellow coworkers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hearthside Food Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight