Hearthside Food Solutions Employee Reviews

Job was placed through a. Temp Services
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 3, 2018
I was employed at HEARTHSIDE foods through a temp service called Impact Employment Solution which is part of the company itself. This service provided labor at a cheap price. As Hearthsde employee were provided $17.50 to $23.00 an hour, I was give $9.20 and a raise to $9.70 an hour after 300 hours I did the same job as others but for less pay. The supervisors work all Temp Personnel on the jobs they no not how to do efficiently . And have those at higher pay making packing boxes.
Pretty good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  McComb, OHDecember 3, 2018
Management can care more about quantity of product and less about quality. Other than that you are rarely mandated overtime so it gives you weekends off. The benefits are ok but may have changed since I left.

It's an easy job to work if your a machine operator. Easy Money
Excellent company, with many perks
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 28, 2018
Hearthside Food Solutions was a great place to work. The culture was good and there were lots of perks. Compensation was good also.
I worked at Hearthside Food Solutions for 3 years. Very fast paced. Good people, good mission statement. CEO is a wonderful man as well as the entire Senior Leadership team.
Pros
Great culture, Fun things to work, many perks. From summer hours to wearing shorts and flip flops.
over all good company
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 1, 2019
The only reason I am no longer at Hearthside Food Solutions is because they wouldn't let me work remotely if I moved to Tennessee.
For the 14 yrs. I worked for them I worked while on vacations remotely from Tennessee because I was the only Payroll person they had in Grand Rapids for all 4 plants, One of the owners promised me that I would always have a job with them and that they would find something for me, But when I needed to move to take care of my Mom that promised couldn't be kept because it wasn't in the budget.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
unkept promises
there was good people to work with
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  McComb ohioDecember 31, 2018
Hearthside foods there was no team work poor management long hours some times you never got no days off management only cared about numbers they cared less about there employees
Pros
pay
Cons
back stabbing
A good place to work only until you wake up and decide you want something serious!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49505December 7, 2018
THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Everyone was treated unfairly, except for the Plant Manager of course for the obvious reasons. Management does NOT listen to your concerns, and to them you’re just another number. The turnover rate is about 200% and they care less about you as a person or an employee. But if you need something to get you by TEMPORARILY and you’re used to being treated like garbage from an employer, Hearthside would be a great place for you.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Hearthside existing in the first place
Ok company to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 27, 2018
This is a decent place to work, the management is fair to all employees. The benefits are nice compared to other companies. This is a good company if you're a hard worker.
Fast paced job lots of turnover with new people
Lead in shipping (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILAugust 3, 2018
Was an ok job but feel it was a starter job with limited advancement and not enough people to do the job safely. We always we're 2-3. People short and lifts constantly breaking down.
Pros
Health care and 401k
Cons
Short staffed and no room for advancement
Hearthside has great benefits. HR personnel are very helpful and supportive. We work with a lot of long term temporary employees.
SANITATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILDecember 18, 2018
I work from 9pm to 630am. I have 3 assistant supervisors and 52 sanitation technicians. Sanitation's turnover was high when I first started but has dropped significantly. I have no issues with employees, their attendance or tardiness. Hearthside is a good place to work but it's a 50 minute drive from my home.
Pros
Work 40 to 48 hours a week
Cons
Micromanagement
Typical Day
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYAugust 1, 2018
If you like socializing being lazy and hurting other this is a great place for you because the only way people advance is if your are related to someone or you belong to a click. It's terrible unorganized management is not professional and mostly people are lazy.
Pros
Pay, Benifits
Cons
People, Management, Leads
Lack of leadership
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Gibson City, ILAugust 27, 2018
The job is filled with a lack of direction and training bad leadership and unhelpful management. The company is filled with mix culture which causes a language issue.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Communication, language Barrier, low pay
Poor Management
Electronic Production Line Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 6, 2018
Poorly managed but there were many aspects of my job that I enjoyed such as, trouble shooting and finding the root cause of the problem, fabrication work, welding, milling and some lathe work.
Pros
pay, vacation time and 401k.
Cons
Productive, fast paced, food packaging facility
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNDecember 6, 2018
I enjoying working on the wearhouse. Always busy. They are willing to train for any position you would like to pursue. Would be a good place to have a career.
Pros
Room for growth
This job was close to home and paid the bills.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Gibson City, ILDecember 7, 2018
A high pace , high stress work place. Lots of over time .
My immediate supervisor did a fantastic job of managing his department. But the upper management left much to be desired.
Pros
close to home, paid the bills
Cons
high stress, lots of back stabbing, an extreme amount of over time.
Very stressful work environment sometimes with too much overtime.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIAugust 8, 2018
Just got burned out after so long. We stayed short handed and had to cover for the absence with extra work. Someone was always quitting or getting fired on 2nd and 3rd shift. So we constantly had to take extra lines or come 4 hours earlier or staying 4 hours overtime.
Pros
Blue cross blue shield, good people
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, and too many consecutive days worked.
Productive and fun place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 4, 2018
Worked at a smaller plant and was able to complete workload on a consistent basis. Good team and culture but pay/benefits were average at best. Learned a lot and allowed me to make a step forward in my career.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Pay/benefits
lack of concern for employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2018
Went from 2 foreman on 1 line down to 1 then when another line was started did not get any help even though kept promising for 8 months. Kept being told maintenance issues were not in budget and machine reliability kept going down
Cons
long hours and very little time off
Laid back work environment with no advancement opportunities
Mixer Helper (Former Employee) –  London, KYFebruary 16, 2018
Job was laid back with multiple duties and short staff with very high turnover rate. During my 3 years there, I started with kit proofing which is weighing ingredients by mass recipe and stationing them to be loaded into a mixer. Once hired in, I became a Mixer Helper in which I assisted the machine operator with loading the ingredients and mixing them and using a “rabbit” to deliver the produced dough to the line for cutting and cooking. From August to January, production always slowed to nearly a complete standstill and I was given 4 months of company provided unemployment twice which covered 60% of my standard income. This job had a low hire in rate, high turn over rate, terrible health care benefits, but a great 401k package. Management is a joke.
Pros
Free cookies
Cons
Short breaks, benefits, HR issues, yearly layoffs
All in all the place is not a bad plce to work.
Material Handler / Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIDecember 5, 2018
The only complaint that I would have is that the hours were unsteady. At times I would get a 30 - 40 hour work week other times I would only get in 1 or 2 days a week.
Pros
good pay / benefits
Cons
work hours were unsteady
Good pay but overworked.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 9, 2019
They are so short staffed because people quit a lot that they automatically shedule people 12 hours a day not to mention the fact that they barely train the temps.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many hours, bad management and no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hearthside Food Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight