Hearthstone

• Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Productive can use improvement

Work place needs to be a comfortable environment ...not to put people under pressure this causes illness and stress heart problems etc..kind people are also very much needed ..this world is a difficult place right now ..

Family run, budget minded! Lots of lifting!

I worked there for three years management was OK a lot of Shortcuts taken lotta lifting a lot of unsafe things going on furniture and everything was run down.

Pros

Free meals if you dare eat them, not Always any leftovers for staff!

Cons

Low salary no benefits!

poorly ran company

the company has no direction, management sometimes has no clue as to what is going on and look for people to blame the issues on rather then own up to the fact they failed. owner is clueless spends more money and has no revenue to fall back on, mainly in part due to the idiots he has running the business. to many chiefs not enough Indians.

Terrible Management

Ran into the ground very quickly. Expects10x the work and to not pay for it. Does not acknowledge hard work. Constantly nit picking and pushing through negative statements. Doesn't care for the staff or patients. All about profits and saving face with this building. Very sad.

The Good residents/ bad managment on the buddy buddy system of this company

If your in the friend factor of the company of management or your a yes person and dont care about truly helping everyone in the company and not just certain members then this is the company to work at .

Pros

They help when they can or choose to

Cons

Two much frinds system in the company and not enough equality to all employees and resadents.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

It's a good place to work as long as you don't expect a raise

The place was busy most of the time the people you worked with were good people the bosses were actually pretty good bosses they listened to you and usually worked around everything for your schedule however getting a raise was next to Impossible

Productive and fun environment

I would definitely go back. Hearthstone is a friendly environment that keeps you very busy and everyone is nice and they have advancement available. I would recommend them.

Decent place to work

Decent place to work but I got fired because my crew leader turned in hours from a job site that I didn't work and when asked about it I told the truth that I didn't work those hours and was fired anyways and asked why I was getting fired after I admitted I didn't work those hours and wasn't the one that was in charge of turning in the hours I was told that he was running short on work anyway

Great family owned company with toxic nurse

Well this was a great family owned company but the nurse who currently running the facility is a nightmare. She doesn’t care to hear your opinion, concerns about the residents, and she favors people who are lazy and loves to gossips. They pay the staff very low.. a former worker made $15.60 after 16 years of work, how insulting is that. They overwork the staff and will admit anyone for $$

Interative environment

Fun and friendly staff environment. Diverse staff and residents. Majority of staff retained in facility for over 10 years. Average staff to resident ratio.

Hardest job I’ve ever had.

I waited 6 months just to finish my clinicals to complete my CNA. I never got the chance to do it. No staff. Management lies, and breaks their word every time. Misleading. Quartet raised are based on your income/time there. My first raise .08. Not based on how hard you work. It has been so discouraging

Fun Relaxed workplace

This was a very flexible easy job. We all worked together well as a team. As long as you were hard working, proficient, and wanted to be there management treated you with respect and trust. I loved my experience here.

Pros

employees, short shifts, good tips

Cons

short breaks, health insurance

Long shifts

When I worked here it was a Assistant Living Facility, there was way too many people who called in every day, we were always short handed. I didn't enjoy this job as much as I was hoping I would

Pros

Always Something to do

Cons

Always short handed

Hard work, But great job security!

Hearthstone Corporation is a great place to work as a maintenance man. The benefits are great. The work is rewarding. The management is competent. I learned more than I can tell working at Hearthstone!

New company ownership, going through a lot of changes, just needs time to get through it all, then things may settle in.

Facility is deteriorating with every rain or seasonal change, the company keeps patching, but seems to never get caught up before the next project is needed. I enjoy my shift and its employees. Healthcare work always has its challenges; some tough, some rewarding, but there can always be fun times in it somewhere.

Pros

Building repairs ongoing this summer.

Cons

Not enough staffing.

gotta have love for the eldrly

I loved my job, I felt needed to get up and go to work everyday. I am a Caring and compassionate caregiver, that every resident loved.I was always at work and willing to work doubles.

There are better places for your loved ones to live

Not an ideal place to work. I worked in the Activity department that had way too many staff members, in addition to volunteers, and that didn't leave a lot of work for me to do on a daily basis. In addition, the majority of the CNA/NACs had very poor English skills, and somehow they're supposed to communicate with hard of hearing residents and/or residents with Alzheimer's (and are confused on top of that).

Pros

Working with the residents

Overall it was a mess

When starting a shift, on average, it takes 20-30 minutes to figure out what rooms everyone has and get report. That's not safe nor is it healthy for the residents. The nurses and med aids or very unprofessional. Gossiping about residents. They are way understaffed so every shift was short handed, and every day we were asked to voluntarily work double shifts.

Very Poor Management

Initial impression is that management is sound and solid. However, they do not take into account any of the residents' wishes. They are trying to upgrade the place so the poor residents are constantly dealing with construction noises, smells and messes. A lot of hypocrisy: you're told how impeccable your work is but you're laid-off 2 days later under bogus pretext. It is a so-called Christian organization but in name only. Management is yet to understand what Christianity is: certainly not PRETENDING to be generous, kind, and concerned about the staff welfare.

benefits

Cons

Management all white and male

Nice place

good company Avalon great management staff beautifully runned work place. i totally recommend this place to anyone seeking employment, and looking to build a career

High Energy Work Envirnment

Spectacular range of growth & learning opportunities. Competitive Industry, fast paced, multitasking and very educational role. Hearthstone was an amazing place to work & my coworkers & team members were the best. The CEO was an amazing leader & cared for all of his employees.

Pros

Amazing Travel & Professional Growth Opportunites -Loved my Job

Cons

Declining Housing Market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hearthstone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hearthstone