Heartland Automotive Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Good starter job
Jiffy Lube (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 13, 2018
It was only.a beginner automotive job for me and it was good for that. The workers were good and the area was clean. It was nice to have a lot of cars too.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dirty
Was a good job but hard to get on full time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJune 4, 2018
I worked hard at the company and went past my 90 day mark with the temp agency. I was there almost 6 months and never offered full time. I had to leave the company due to my son and I not having healthcare benefits.
na
Team Lead/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMay 30, 2018
do not recommend working there, not a good place to work, HR sucks, management sucks, no reviews, pay sucks, hours sucks, anything else just ask, thanks
Fast working environment
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 30, 2018
Overall a good company, could use some work on management and accountability. Can be stressful due to many work process changes. A little diversity in the workforce
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Little personal life
oA So So job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 25, 2018
Heartland was not a bad job but it did not last long and management pulled a fast one on 14 of us contractors without letting us know in advance that we were losing our jobs due to the company moving these jobs over to their headquarters. They also promised us that we would get a job at the actual plant but I never got a thing
Dirty and unsafe
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMay 7, 2018
They violated many OSHA guidelines by making us clean under and inside presses, at least once a running press. They made us constantly clean oil and it was a hazard to walk around because there was always a lot of oil.
Pros
it's easy to get hired
Cons
unsafe
Not a very enjoyable place to work.
Inventory Material, Control/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INApril 13, 2018
Work day started at 5:00 am and ended anywhere from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

Learned a lot about inventory control

The work culture was very hard and the hardest part of the job was adjusting to the working conditions of the job (no heat in winter or fans in summer).
Pros
Cons
Horrible working conditions
Worst years of my life but i grew from it
Assistant Manager/SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 11, 2018
I got my job as a lube tech back in 09 and worked up to a manager and when i was 8 months pregnant they demoted me on my day off because my staff that were working that day blew a motor so i was punished by demotion and "making a example that if its your name in the store you can and will be punished for anyone behavior weather your clocked in or not "
Pros
Get to work on cars of your own
Cons
Management pay bonus plan everything sucked
Fast Paced, stressful, fun
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 10, 2018
Overall Heartland Automotive was a very good working experience, even though at times it could be stressful and exhausting, you tend to learn more and more over time and if you want to expand your knowledge and move up its possible but can take longer than expected
Pros
Relaxed work environment at times, easy to learn the process
Cons
Weather can make it more difficult, fast pace gets exhausting
Tedious work, long hours, mediocre pay, negative environment
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INApril 9, 2018
Typical factory work: monotonous and soul-sucking time drag. Not much to say. Avoid unless you are desperate, or simply need a quick check or two. The turnover rate is unsurprisingly high, so they are always hiring.

My department went through three supervisors and countless temps in my time there. I was promised many things that were never delivered. Consistently lied to by management, dreary atmosphere.
Pros
Steady hours w/OT, always hiring temps
Cons
Tedious, dead-end for most, struggling company, no time for personal life
Very stressful job
Finesser (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INApril 4, 2018
Heartland has very poor management. There is little to no communication between departments. One department is always trying to make another look bad instead of working together to make a quality product. I was not impressed by the way they handled disputes and did not like that management was always disagreeing on things. This made my job very confusing and very stressful. I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family. They will not tell you that you have to work overtime till the last minute and will give you points if you don't show up because of family emergencies or even doctor visits.
start up meetings
Quality Tech/ Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 27, 2018
Start up meetings are great asks associates what they think or cares that would make the company great in improvement .Moral is some what ok just associates complain about pay rate.
Pros
lunch on saturdays
Cons
short breaks
not enough people to get the job done right
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midway, WAMarch 18, 2018
didn't get paid enough for the stressful environment. never had enough people to get the job done. couldn't hire new people because the system was a mess. management was overly cruel and didn't care about anything but the money.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and Full of Advancements
QUALITY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 12, 2018
Heartland Automotive is a fun, easy, and clean work environment.
Working hard for this company will improve your chances for easy advancements within the company.
Ok company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2018
The company is ok to work for with a competitive culture. The company was growing but recently seems to be cutting back locations. The hardest part of the job is the mangers.
it was a ok job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 7, 2018
packing parts cleaning love the people i worked with there was nothing hard about the job the place was nice and neat where i worked in there management need to be more helpful when it it comes to haveing to take a day off or a half day to deal with kids and schools
Maybe for a first job
Corporate Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 7, 2018
I would only recommend this company as a first job to get your foot in the door. There is a high level of stress. The benefits are poor and very pricey if you do elect to get them. There is no opportunity to advance at Corporate level. A general lack of professionalism for a company of its size..
Pros
Corporate attire is Casual
Cons
Healthcare, stress, no opportunity to advance
productive, difficult to impress management, long hours
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 2, 2018
work had no rotation causing coworkers to tire easily. very high lack of communication causing management conflict and high turn over rates. poor moral.
Pros
paid time off, weekends off
Cons
short breaks, non-controlled environment
Great environment and excellent training...
Assistant Manager and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 24, 2018
You work long hours and have a great team of people and upper management was very helpful... Customers can first and I was impressed.I was a pleasant place to work....
Pros
Excellent Breaks
Cons
Long Hours...
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2018
The people and customers were wonderful. Very playful and friendly environment.

I truly enjoy my time with the company, which they had more opportunity for advancement
Pros
Employee and Customers
Cons
Lack of advancement