Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC

Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC Employee Reviews

Great job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 6, 2019
Good job little to non mangment oversite. If you are good with people and getting up early you will be fine. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Pros
Easy
Cons
Early
Better off getting fisted by a Clydesdale
Slave (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 4, 2019
Ever had a job that was so awful, that on Friday while you are still at work, you begin to dread the following Monday and having to return to it before your weekend has even begun? That's Heartland Coca-Cola.
If you have a family, don't work here. You'll miss your kids growing up and your wife will leave you while you're pulling a quadruple shift.
Pros
You work for a global powerhouse company!
Cons
Unfortunately, it's Coca-Cola.
Safe and fun workplace environment.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 26, 2018
I am a early morning guy. I start at 7am and once I get to work I take my work sheet assignment where my day is based on. I am taking care of orders and anticipate the sales during heavy periods. the most thing I have learn is the customer service performance that I improve every day. The culture is diversify and people are friendly.

Like many jobs, the stressful part on daily basis is to deal with credit for customers when they have damages products or expired but the best part is always my customers. To meet them,talk and share with them.
Pros
Health care benefits... 401k
Cons
Carrer opportunites
Fast-paced Clusterf*ck
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 2, 2018
As an order builder, you will spend the majority of your day screaming in futility into a stone-age headset at an imaginary woman who doesn't speak fluent English, but constantly questions your ability to do so. When "she" does understand you, following her instruction, you will build pallets full of Coca-Cola merchandise of varying size over and over, wrapping them and subsequently staging them to be loaded by forklifts drivers onto delivery trucks. You will receive two breaks during an 8-hour shift of 15 minutes each. You will also be allotted a generous 30-minute, UNPAID lunch for your trouble, which of course will stretch your shift out an additional 30 minutes to make your day even longer. If you are extraordinarily lucky, you will be forced to stay after your shift and do even more exhilarating work. Keep in mind, you will be on an electronically monitored efficiency system during this, so you will rarely have time to stop to even use the restroom so you don't soil your pants for fear of falling behind with the break-neck speed which you are required to maintain.

This is the tip of the iceberg with the adventures of being a Coca-Cola order builder. Apply today to become fully immersed in the horror!
Pros
Decent pay. Most employees are great.
Cons
Tons of forced overtime, Zero life at home, Your health with suffer, TERRIBLE upper-management, Seniority protects lazy vermin, Only 3 (THREE!) sick days are allowed per year of employment, The payroll department is apparently run by drunken monkeys, The warehouse smells like zombie feces, The shifts are scheduled at stupid and illogical hours
Good job to use for a stepping Stone. This place is not about what you know! It's who you know. That's how you advance around here!
Chief Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 6, 2018
Place is not what it use to be. Doesn't matter what you know, all that matters, is who you know. That's what it takes to move up around here. Plant manager was Caucasian and he asked two individuals of another race, what do they actually do here. And guess what, he got fired, Again, who you know, not what you know. The two employees he spoke of actually play no important role in the facility. There is no need for them. We would be better of without them!
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Everything else.
poor hours of work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 2, 2018
OOrder picker, long evening hours that collide with most social events! No social life outside of work. Never know your ending time of shift. Some poor working conditions.
ok compnay
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 15, 2018
ok place to work. pretty work life balance friendly. wants you to hit target and sales goal. lots of emails and micromanaging. give you company phone and labtop
Fast paced
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2018
I worked for Coca cola little over 5 years, i got along with management, job is kinda of stressful and tiring sometimes. I left a day before labor day last year, found better opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
Pay was for, only was working part-time
It is a fast paced company
Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 7, 2018
Run you extremely hard and are pretty cutthroat as to you are an asset not so much an employee. The equipment has all seen its better days if it works.
Heartland
Distribution Planner 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOAugust 7, 2018
Fast paced, not much chance to socialize because of the tight scheduling. I can't tell any more in this review without rev ealing too much personal information.
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
stress
Order Builder
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 2, 2018
Physically demanding job.
Pallet Jack Experience.
Overtime Required.
Must be able to lift 50 plus pounds.
Tiring Job.
Young Management.
Learned how to handle merchandise.
Good to start bad to advance.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 3, 2018
Have worked for the company for 4 years and despite applying an exhaustive numbers of times, I have yet to interview for advancement . The company has good managers who care and are nice people but the act of dangling the prospect of interviews in front of their lower level staff in order to motivate them like a dog chasing a bone is a sickening one to say the least. But if you just want a job for some work experience and to make a bunch of cash between the ages of 18-24 this job will do that.
Pros
three weeks of vacation.
Cons
lots of overtime.
Fast Paced, but relaxed work environment.
Distribution Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 17, 2018
Extremely good company to work for. Always something going on, but very relaxing environment. Management could use some work, but for the most part great staff.
Well paying job.
Retail store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67217May 20, 2018
Full time days are challenging physically. Rewarding from every aspect of the field of business. The relationships you build are positive and productive from management to associate and ultimately the customer.
Pros
Getting paid to stay in physical shape.
Cons
Hard on personal vehicles.
Good place to work if you are willing to put in the time to make sure you can get the job done.
Order Builder/Loader (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 13, 2018
On a typical day of work you start your designated shift but don't get off until your work is finished. This can sometimes lead to an abundance of OT. Which sometimes can be a good thing.
enjoyable part of job
Supervisor, Distribution (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with external customers. I get to visit and learn what it is they do and how I can play a part in making their experience better!
Pros
good work/life balance, good benefits
Cons
Poor bonus structure, advancement not the best
Bad Job
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  LenexaMarch 28, 2018
My first day I worked 10 hours unexpectedly. I knew from there the job wasn’t worth it. Very physically demanding. On top of that my first and last checks were short....DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!!!
Pros
A check
Cons
Long hours, Physically demanding, Poor Management, Ect...
Continued Employment
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2018
I enjoy the fact that my merchandiser supervisor held me to a goal I had mentioned for advancement within the company, obtaining my CDL. Showed me a lot about the people I worked for. I am in the process of relocating to a different region and hope to be able to continue employment with the Coca Cola Company.
Pros
Weekends off, home nightly, great benefits.
Cons
Old equipment
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 2, 2018
Open plant at 4 am trouble shoot customer, drivers, sale team issues all day. Manage work force in accordance to DOT regulations and compliance. Manage the compliance of equipment maintenance and repair paperwork.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over worked hours
Awful place Sweat Shop
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  LenexaFebruary 21, 2018
Management is one of the worse ever experienced! Join the Marines if you think you want to work here!
One of the most unorganized Talent Aquisition departments ever.
Pros
You get a check
Cons
To many to mention.