Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC

Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast Paced, but relaxed work environment.
Distribution Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 17, 2018
Extremely good company to work for. Always something going on, but very relaxing environment. Management could use some work, but for the most part great staff.
Well paying job.
Retail store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67217May 20, 2018
Full time days are challenging physically. Rewarding from every aspect of the field of business. The relationships you build are positive and productive from management to associate and ultimately the customer.
Pros
Getting paid to stay in physical shape.
Cons
Hard on personal vehicles.
Good place to work if you are willing to put in the time to make sure you can get the job done.
Order Builder/Loader (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 13, 2018
On a typical day of work you start your designated shift but don't get off until your work is finished. This can sometimes lead to an abundance of OT. Which sometimes can be a good thing.
enjoyable part of job
Supervisor, Distribution (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with external customers. I get to visit and learn what it is they do and how I can play a part in making their experience better!
Pros
good work/life balance, good benefits
Cons
Poor bonus structure, advancement not the best
Bad Job
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  LenexaMarch 28, 2018
My first day I worked 10 hours unexpectedly. I knew from there the job wasn’t worth it. Very physically demanding. On top of that my first and last checks were short....DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!!!
Pros
A check
Cons
Long hours, Physically demanding, Poor Management, Ect...
Continued Employment
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2018
I enjoy the fact that my merchandiser supervisor held me to a goal I had mentioned for advancement within the company, obtaining my CDL. Showed me a lot about the people I worked for. I am in the process of relocating to a different region and hope to be able to continue employment with the Coca Cola Company.
Pros
Weekends off, home nightly, great benefits.
Cons
Old equipment
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 2, 2018
Open plant at 4 am trouble shoot customer, drivers, sale team issues all day. Manage work force in accordance to DOT regulations and compliance. Manage the compliance of equipment maintenance and repair paperwork.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over worked hours
Awful place Sweat Shop
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  LenexaFebruary 21, 2018
Management is one of the worse ever experienced! Join the Marines if you think you want to work here!
One of the most unorganized Talent Aquisition departments ever.
Pros
You get a check
Cons
To many to mention.
Middle of the road job opportunity.
Fleet Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 2, 2018
Newer company with slow progress. Above average size shop with older shop equipment. Older fleet vehicles & equipment maintained. Very little updated training offered for vast amount of vehicles & equipment. One to three hours of data entry required on a daily basis. Possible shift changes every four months. Vague direction and information. Heavy facility & vehicle surveillance.
Pros
Salary, insurance benefits, & pension/ 401K.
Cons
Inadequate initial & followup training. Hours of computer data entry.
Heartland
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 13, 2018
The work culture was good. Management style and communications needs to improve. As a supervisor you must be allowed to thrive and make decisions. Need to also talk to employees with respect.
Pros
It's Coke
Cons
Inconsistent production schedules
great Place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 19, 2017
A great place to work for, I enjoyed working as a merchandiser it taught me a lot, the hours were great with some overtime but not a lot but a great job
Fun job to work easy to advance
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 26, 2017
Coca Cola was a great job to work for at first then new supervisors talk to you with no respect and they aren't professional. They had great benefits just poor management
Good job for young people to develop many job skills
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 21, 2017
A typical day consists of 2-4 stores/outlets depending on the amount of volume each store sells daily. Weekdays mandatory 7am start time, 6am on weekends. This is a good job for young people who are seeking a fast paced and physically demanding work day. Overtime is almost guaranteed if you do good, clean, and thorough work every day. Management can be helpful on occasion, but unfortunately the majority of their time is spent focused on employees who are underachieving instead of helping top performers advance within the company- which ultimately contributes to high turnover for this position. The hardest part of the merchandising role is the physical labor involved, which includes stocking hundreds of cases of product onto the sales floor daily, and is typically increased by certain retailers due to specific retailer-specific rules, holidays, and weekly advertisements. Product is generally taken to the sales floor on a pallet with the use of a pallet jack, then stocked on store shelves and coolers. As a self-starter, I would have to say the most enjoyable part of this job is having the ability to work in the market on a daily basis with minimal to no supervision. If you prove to be the type of individual who supervisors know will get the job done correctly and consistently, you can bet that you will not have management looking over your shoulder or checking in with you regularly. Other benefits of this position include: learning how to effectively and professionally communicate with customers, learning about the sales side of the company, and the ability to work independently.
Pros
Work independently, good benefits, team mindset
Cons
Physically demanding, paid less than market competition in same role, top performers under-utilized
Best Employer since I left the Military
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 15, 2017
A very Family Oriented company. Management takes family and life balancing very serious as well as safety and competitive pay. My direct supervisor was very understanding and flexible when it came to doctor appointments for myself or my mother. As a disabled veteran this is very important as I had several appointments that were very significant.
Pros
Short notice needed for vacation approval, discounts, great work environment
Cons
Can get a bit messy when product is broken, very warm conditions in the summertime
The company is new and still developing how it will approach the beverage industry.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern IllinoisJuly 24, 2017
My current position involves completing a sales route servicing retail locations. The hardest part of the Job for me is maintaining a motivated stance completing repetitive daily tasks. Having a flexible schedule and great benefits is a great part of the Job, and the most enjoyable piece is working with Customers and Co-workers that I have a good relationship with. The Culture is under development. The new owner seems very family oriented and positive. I have yet to see that positive approach filter down to local management but time will tell.
Pros
Great Benefits package. Great Brands
Cons
Repetitive tasking, Execution style work tasks that don't really have a need for analytics and creative thinking.
Wasnt for me
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 24, 2017
resigned wasn't what I was expecting the pay is good if you live in there. The job isn't difficult but takes a strong amount of mental conditioning not as much physical.
Pros
a break every 2 hours
Cons
12-16 hour days 6 days a week
Laid back productive environment
Order Builder/Loader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMay 14, 2017
A team driven job where everyone must pull their own weight. Very repetitive, but is still quite enjoyable. Management is not super strict, but may sometimes require long night depending on the work load.
good job, not for everyone
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KS 66215April 6, 2017
enjoy my job most days but it is not for everyone. It's a sales job for the most well known brand in the world, so you'd think it would be an easy sell. It's not. The marketplace is UBER competitive. Every square inch of retail space is fought over tooth and nail. It can be infuriating some days and extremely gratifying others.
Pros
work on your own, no office time reall
Cons
drive your own vehicle, hours vary from 40-70/wk