Heartland Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  346 MaineJanuary 6, 2018
It was a nice place to work. There are many oppritunities to help people that are struggling in life. It is a great place that helps people that are under privileged.
Great place to work for nurses
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KS 66044October 29, 2017
Ever changing, non stop paced workplace that really has great ideas for efficiency that sometimes clash due to the amount of total ideas. Friendship oriented for sure!
A place to advance your career
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 18, 2017
I thrived in this work environment because of the constant challenge to be a better employee and a better person. HCHC treats it's employees like it treats it's patients: everyone deserves to be treated well. The culture is work hard, play hard. Efforts in labor and other contributions do not go unnoticed. Management is caring and fair. You can tell they love what they do. If you want to advance your career there is plenty of room to grow.
Heartland Community Health Center
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 22, 2014
This past year I completed my advanced field practicum experience, as an intern, at Heartland Community Health Center in Lawrence, Ks. With this placement I have encountered great experiences and developed skills throughout the year that are to be utilized within my field of study. I sincerely want to continue work in the social work field, as a BSW graduate. A major strength of mine is my ability to communicate persuasively and openly with clients, as well as creating lasting and positive relationships. As a social work intern the last year I made many contributions to their programs. These included demonstrating dedication to clients by continuation of work with all assigned clients, collaborating with an interdisciplinary team for planning and implementing patient care, demonstrating effective oral and written communication in working with individuals, groups, colleagues, and organizations assisting clients with enrolling for medication assistance; and managed individual cases that lead to utilization of healthcare, housing, and transportation resources. Outside of my placement at Heartland Community Health Center, I implemented and lead a Financial Literacy group at Lawrence Homeless Shelter, effectively facilitating financial activities that result in constructive use of the group’s individual finances. With all of this experience, I believe that I would greatly benefit your program and bring forth new ideas to exemplify existing goals for those at further employment opportunities. I have a strong passion for living a healthy and positive lifestyle and helping individuals  more... become the best version of themselves. As an intern I was around a team of health professionals that provided me with such immense knowledge that has stuck with me  less