Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

Heartland Dental
Business Assistant (BA) (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 26, 2018
Working for Heartland dental was definitely an adventure that I enjoyed; they sent us away for training to Illinois all expenses paid. They had continuing training for as long as you needed because they aimed for their employees to be successful.
Excellent work enviroment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 23, 2018
Great Team to work with.
They provide all the tools to success in the professional field.
They prioritize patient care
They incentive and promote their employees
No training. Dr. is money driven with a lack of respect for others
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 19, 2018
Dr. sucks and there is NO training.
Co workers were always stressed. Lack of communication although there were always meetings. Every day.
Pay is good but not for the stress and lack of respect for others from the doc.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Training, Dr. and hours, required meetings
It was okay
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMay 8, 2018
I worked there for awhile, wrote alot of essays, took alot of courses and classes, had alot of meetings on top of seeing patients, doing lab. Also keeping up with other DA responsibilities.
Pros
Always fed
Cons
Long hours long meetings
Unethical company that only cares about the money.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2018
Before we affiliated with Heartland, our patients thought of us as a family. They always felt welcomed and did not mind coming to the office. After a while, they could tell that there was a change in the atmosphere. We were not allowed to be as social as we used to be and the office just had a negative vibe.

If you went to the management about problems, you were tagged as being negative. It made it hard to complain about broken equipment, etc. And if you had any complains, you were always answered with "Heartland is not for everyone".

I got into this field because I truly believe in being the best dental hygienist that I could be and with the time being shortened and them wanting you to do more in that time, I felt like I did not have the same quality of care that I expect to give every one of my patients. Patient care is my number one priority, but Heartland just cares about you getting your numbers. And from what I observed from other hygienists in the area, they would either probe to break the periodontal ligament or make up measurements so that they could have more periodontal patients in their schedule. I truly do not believe in working in a place where patient care is not the ultimate priority.

Also, they want you to make recall appointments before your patient leaves so that they are set up for their 6 month follow up. However, they have no problems rescheduling for some meeting that comes up. Instead of looking for open slots, they would just rather move patients to make it more convenient for the company. I do not understand the reasoning for this.
  more... They complain about lack of production, yet they keep taking days away from you for these meetings taking away production.

If you truly do not have any ethics and all you care is about making money, then this company is definitely for you.

I really wish my dentist did not sell to this company but what is done is done.
Pros
Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
No 401 match and unfair
Look elsewhere
Manager in Training/ pmo (Former Employee) –  Heartland Dental, Sand Springs. OKMay 6, 2018
They make promises that they will never keep. The only way to advance is to kiss the right behinds. It is a sales job no matter what your position is. I quit after hearing the lies, over and over about my promotion. I made too much money for thier percentages on the P&L statement. They will run you out to keep the stakeholders raking in the money.

Goals are placed on crowns, flouride treatments, even how many people the front office staff can get to signed up for financing! It is not about patient care like they claim the 13 dots is for. Its about making the CEO and Workman more money to pay for thier lavish lifestyles and maseratis!!

If you have even higher education( bachelors or masters) and experience than 80% of all of the company employees, they go out of thier way to make you feel worthless. Ideas are stolen from you and used by upper management. The stress is unbelievable, you will never feel like you accomplished in anything.

Horrible company to work for. Fraternization is very common and overlooked by management and HR.

It's all about the money, not patient care!! That is why they keep the dentists name they bought the practice from! Plus, it is frowned upon to let patients know a corporation now owns the practice. They secretly write people up and have a new ridiculous matrix that they use to get rid of people with. Outdated HR policies and archaic systems in HR make this company a terrible place for work-life balance.

Way too many managers that do not know what they are doing. Lots of family put in high positions they should not
  more... be in otherwise.  less
Pros
Health insurance
Not what it used to be
Dental Hygienist - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 27, 2018
I have been working with Heartland for a few years now. I loved them when I first got hired. Recently, I feel that I am just a number with the company.
Benefits
Cons
does not give raises, management change, production driven.
Fun workplace
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILApril 27, 2018
Great company to work for. I do wish I would have been eligible for FMLA so I did not have to leave this company. I learned a lot about Microsoft Office as well as business professionalism.
I loved the heartland office I worked at
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 24, 2018
I really enjoyed the office that I worked at. All my coworkers were supportive and there was room for advancement. Everyone was laid back allowing it to be a relaxed environment to work and learn.
Stay away if you love dentistry
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 20, 2018
Horrible management. Fake people. Long hours with no breaks. Conversions made on your lunch hour. High turnover of assistants and front desk. No positive feedback from management or dentists.
False promises. No room for advancement . Patient wait time is a joke. I was told numerous times that during meetings not to speak ( I always brought up concerning issues and that was not acceptable). Benefits were ok.
If you are a new dental assistant please keep this in mind, not all offices are this bad. Private practice is the BEST office to work in. Private practice truly cares about their employees and patients.
If you plan on working in corporate dentistry go ahead get the experience and then find a private office.
Pros
Medical benefits were ok. Attractive and modern office.
Cons
Poor manangement, very long days, no breaks............
fast paced job
Part-time Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 20, 2018
Great Dr.,management very production oriented, Dr diagnoses like I would diagnose, not greedy, cares about the overall health of the patients, fast paced, a lot to do in your allotted time
Great benefits
Hygiene and Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 16, 2018
I worked as a hygiene assistant was laid off. However, while I worked for the company they treated their employees well. The benefits are great and so are the workers.
Terrible Management
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
Everything was about money, no one cared about the patients. The management is horrible. They do offer good learning opportunities, if your manager isn't jealous of you.
Pros
good training oppertunities
Cons
management
Excellent place to work
Business Assistant/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAApril 6, 2018
This company teaches you how to be a team player and encourages growth, Heartland offers leadership classes, no experience is necessary to become apart of the business team.
Pros
Advancememt
Cons
Hours and days
Research your office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 31, 2018
Came from private practice with dentists that cared about their patients, was placed in an office where that couldn't be further from the truth. Pushing procedures on patients was a regular occurrence, being unable to complete procedures and referring them out in the middle was commonplace (extractions, not only root canals), erroneous billing procedures, erroneous insurance billing. Staff turnover was outrageous, overtime not allowed, work through lunch, do work outside of your certifications, deal with angry patients, catty management, and heaven forbid you have a family emergency... Stay away from this company.
No thanks
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 30, 2018
The company claims to value their patients needs but will set monthly goals for their doctors to meet for specific procedures. Dentists are commonly turned into salesmen
Great Company
Practice Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  nun yaMarch 30, 2018
I have really enjoyed how much the company encourages personal and professional growth. The company culture, mission, and vision has had a huge impact on me. Overall work on you first, then you can help others.
Stressful environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 29, 2018
Heartland is full of fake and phony people. They hire you and tell you one thing and then you find out it was all a lie. They tend to pick their favorites and pay them more no matter their experience or how long they have worked there. They give their favorite people bigger raises than others that deserve it. If they don’t like you, you get treated like trash and thrown out. RUN AWAY!!!!!
Pros
Training classes
Cons
Hectic place to work
Corporations do not belong in the healthcare world.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 29, 2018
In my experience, working here is a great place to get your feet wet because you will see a diverse group of patients. However, that is the one and only positive about working for Heartland Dental.

My starting pay was extremely low for a hygienist ($25/hour). I worked long hours (typically 10 hour days). After 6 months, I quit.

I firmly believe that corporations do not mix well with healthcare. This corporation overall is focused on meeting "daily production goals." (MONEY MONEY MONEY) This means that you must bring in a certain amount of money daily through cleanings, x-rays, and diagnosis of needed doctor treatment (cavities, crowns, etc). The "daily production goals" simply cannot be met if the patients do not present with needed treatment. And when/if you do not meet your daily production goal, you will be blamed for it. (It's 100% your fault that none of your patients had cavities that day. This is the logic.) You will be ridiculed in the "morning huddle" each and every day that follows a day that you did not meet your daily production goal. Starting out most days on a negative note is tiresome and depressing.

Healthcare should be focused on the patient and their needs, NOT on how much money you can make off of that person!!!!

Unfortunately, Heartland is one of the only places you can find full time hygiene positions with full benefits. This is the only reason I can come up with for why people still work for this awful, greedy company.
Pros
Meeting a diverse group of patients, get your feet wet
Cons
Negative environment, long hours, stressful, not patient oriented
Micromanagement at its finest!
Hygienist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 29, 2018
I enjoy doing what I do but since the practice was sold to Heartland Dental, everything has gone downhill. PMO (who has no clinical experience) tries to run the doctor and hygiene schedule and does not listen when the doctor expresses his expectations for the schedule. Production is all that matters and clinical team is expected to do procedures in limited time frame which causes stress and inability to ensure proper patient care.
Pros
Health insurance, 401K, continuing education paid
Cons
Poor management, 401K not matched

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight