Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

Opportunity for travel
Practice Administrator Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 18, 2018
This company start each day with a morning huddle to get teams and Dr's motivated for the new day. Focus on continuing education and and communication skills throughout their teams.
Pros
Classes were offered to help teams become better individuals
Cons
work and home life suffered due to amount of travel
Great place to work!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Working for this company really allows you to demonstrate your current skills while encouraging you to learning new skills. It’s great having an awesome support system and an wonderful environment!
Pros
Teaching environment!
Cons
Worst thing that happened to dentistry.
Dentist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 11, 2018
Don’t recommend this company to anyone, specially their new de novo offices. You have to work evenings, early mornings, Saturday’s and sit in what seems like endless meetings for a low pay. It’s a waste of time. They use your license to keep the office open and you get very little experience and no bonus! As soon as you get close to bonusing, they bring in another new doctor! So all that hard work to get yourself out of the hole and bonus goes to waste. And if you get a rude arrogant RDO, you’ll hate your life. They take an assistant and keep promoting them to higher management positions, as long as they show ability to bully the doctors. The heartland culture is a cult, you go to their meetings and you’ll be shocked by how their management acts the same and even says the same things and worships the CEO. No one cares about the pts or the drs. “Dr driven” is a lie. It’s all about making the company profit by doing unneeded work.
Cons
Low pay, low ethics, no values
Very rewarding , excels on professional growth
Supervisor for Affiliations Integration Team (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Heartland is an amazing Organization to work with.
On going opportunity for professional growth, fast paced, hard working individuals fill every position.
Constant and never ending changes which only make this company always on top of its market place!
My personal life has had changes that are having me look outside this organization for employment.
Pros
Esop, professional growth with continued classes
Cons
Some pay areas need to be adjusted appropriately to cost of living.
Quick Pace Offices
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2018
An improvement in the management of individual offices within this company would reduce the employee turnover rate. Promises of promotions are made, but never fulfilled.
They love money
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Newest office manager has no clue what she is doing and good doctors are few and far between. Because it is a corporation they are very motivated by money and not so much by patient care. The hours are ridiculous. 7-7 five days a week and 7 hour shifts EVERY Saturday. Closed on actual holiday but never days before or after.
Pros
pay
Cons
schedule, treatment of employees, lack of management
Corporate Dentistry
dentist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 5, 2018
The mission is to get return on investment for the private equity investor. That's it in a nut shell. Everything else is a charade to further that mission. You are working to make the rich richer. If you are ok with that, then you'll be happy and so will upper management.
Advancements
Practice Manager/Regional Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The company really invests a lot of internal training to promote employees from within. Lot of other great opportunities to grow with the company as well.
Poor Management
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 4, 2018
This company sells a dream. Everything that they tell you they stand for will sound amazing, but there will be zero follow through and at the end of the day all they really care about is there own behind and money$$$
Pros
Good education
Cons
Poor management, poor ethics, poor patient care
Do Not Work Here
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
If I did not have to rate this company and give them all zero's I would. If you have read all of the other negative reviews about the company, they are true to a T!. They only care about numbers, and make more money. They do not care about their employees. Management is lazy, and do nothing to help their employees, they are never in the office, and call you out of your name if you do something wrong. There is no overtime, and if you do get overtime you get yelled at. Benefits are a joke, they brain wash you with the thought of moving up in the company, and a positive work environment, which is a total lie. If you have the opportunity to accept another job please take, DO NOT APPLY HERE! And if you work here GET OUT! while you still can. This company is not worth it.
Cons
No lunch break, No overtime, Managment, Benefits
All about the money
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 30, 2018
All about the money, no patient care, not doctor lead like the preach to you. Always trying to cut corners on patient care. Employees are under paid for their jobs
Stressful / The Unknown
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
During my employment with Heartland Dental was not a great experience. I started out as a PMO no structure on a time line for my training on what was expected, no evaluations or coaching clearly the expectation wasn’t insight. I was placed at check out to figure things out myself. The only day I had time with my RMO was when she decided to depart ways with me not even two weeks of being employed with Heartland.
Pros
Average Pay
Cons
Poor Management
not much to say
Insurance Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 28, 2018
After 4 years of being underpaid and overworked I was disciplined for continuously asking about a salary I was promised. I was promised classes to advance my career and I had not been to a class in 2 years.
Cons
no real lunch breaks
Terrible Management
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 25, 2018
This company make you lie to patients and forcefully to ask patients to have treatments done when they are not even financially ready. If patients do go under in-house payment plan and don't fully pay on-time, they will send those patients straight to collection. Management is terrible!! Their "core value" is PATIENT CARE. B.S !!! All they care about offices' PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION!!! If doctors can't produce enough productions, RMO (Regional Manager of Operations) will hassle the PMO (Practice Manager of Office) then to the BAs (Business Assistant). Heartland does not appreciate their employees, especially the BAs. Everything will fall under the BAs fault if the office can't produce enough production. Their consider full time hours are 35hrs/week. Anything above 35hrs are considered as "Over-time". If you do go over time, they will cut your hours. They force you to do "Homeroom Video" , "SMART goals" or you won't get your raise whether of not if you're a hard and dedicated employee. you do get a decent dental benefit, any procedures are done at no cost but lab fees are not waived. Only direct family (spouse, children) get the same benefits. No other family members allowed. Depends on the doctor, they might get up to 50% off. If you are the PMO, you'll get to do whatever you want to do with the cost, because they think the doctors are stupid and don't care what you charge to patients. They said doctors are the leader in the practice, but it's the RMO. RMOs will tackle the doctors if they don't comply with Heartland's protocol. They are more cons than pros and I would  more... love to share everything but reviewers might get too tired so I'll just end it from here.  less
Pros
Free dental work(excluding lab fees)
Cons
read the reivew
Run!
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 24, 2018
I was an employee of Heartland Dental for almost 5 years. I experienced alot in those years. I thought NEO was a great experience and tool to get started off with. However, you start working in the practice and things become quite different very fast! Everything is scripted, you sound like a robot, Dr and team is never inalignment which keeps drama flowing. PA and RDOs have expectations so far out of touch from reality! Alot of them do not have dental backgrounds. I drank the koolaid until I couldn't stand it! Please don't fall in the trap they set. It's truely unreal. You become someone your not. They work you to death. The pay for what you do is absolutely ridiculous! I'd do a disservice to you telling you it's sunshine and rainbows. All jobs have pros and cons this one has more cons than I've ever been a part of. Wait until they have you call patients at 7 and 8 pm night! That one blows my mind to this day! Yes, you read that right! You will always be told you're ever good enough or practice isn't good enough to get bonuses and other things. It's pretty rough.....
Pros
New Employee Orientation
Cons
Benefits, pay, poor management, over worked, very stressful
Typical of a company owned practice
FULL TIME DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 24, 2018
I enjoy dental hygiene and interacting and helping patients. This place helped me become a very good hygienist. I enjoyed mentoring new hygienists. It was an eye opening experience.
Pros
Learned a lot of techniques
Cons
Not geared to keep employees long term
Stay away from heartland dental
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 15, 2018
Very catty environment, a lot of office gossip, managers and staff are very condescending and not helpful at all. No training is provided either; they expect you to know everything.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
very stressful, cut-throat environment
Not a good experience
Business Assistant/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Crofton MDAugust 15, 2018
The dental practice I worked for prior to affiliating with Heartland Dental was a solid place to work with good ethics. Once it was affiliated with Heartland everything changed. Only interes is in the bottom line.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No cons
Poor management
Dentist (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 10, 2018
Worst corporate culture.
Pettiness.
Poor management.
No respect for your work-life balance.
Below average pay.
Big talks, no real life solutions.
Waste of time and effort.
Pros
Selling a dream
Cons
Crazy hours, below average pay, no work life balance
Don't Work Here
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wittenberg, WIAugust 6, 2018
If you want to be brainwashed into thinking more money means more patients care then work here. Pushes scheduling but doesn't give competent doctors to be able to complete treatment. Only the doctor's opinion matters, it doesn't matter what you have to say about anything, including his poor treatment. If you kiss the hind ends of management you'll do great. They preach you can get bonuses but they're based off the doctor, not your hard work. They say free dental care for your immediate family, but they will be the last ones allowed to be seen. The good thing was the staff truly care about the patients.
Pros
Had 4 day work week
Cons
Lack of support and direct training, unethical management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight