Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

Run,run,run for your sanity's sake
EFDA (Former Employee) –  Kenton county, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Heartland is a pyramid scheme. There is no way to advance as they tout when trying to get you hired. The longer you you work there the less you earn as far as benefits. Bonuses are non existent. When you reach a bonus of less than 10.00 for a quarterly bonus,is it really a bonus at all.
Manager is ridiculous. Says whatever is expedient to not have to follow up with your requests.
Reviews are a joke. People work hard and long without breaks or lunches to meet the numbers then told they aren't doing enough. Then given more goals to meet with no raise included. Bad managers cause good employees to flee while the remaining have poor morale. People are given titles with no education to support the title. The office I was with had great team. They welcomed and accepted me with open arms but the company itself is deceit ful and untrustworthy.
Lack of support
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 12, 2018
Most training is done on their online system. There is something lost with the personal interaction during training. There’s little to no positive reinforcement and high expectations. Work/life balance is a struggle. Many people tell upper management they are fine but share with others In the same position that they are stressed and overwhelmed. They say that patients are the priority. That actually only seems to apply if you are making your goals: productions, collections, Invisalign and whitening sold, # of crowns sold, # treatment planned, etc. I love the mission and vision and what I interpreted to be the companies core values. Some offices are great. Others are dog eat dog. I actually enjoyed most of my time there. I enjoyed the patient interaction most.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, lack of support
Do Not Work Here
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
If I did not have to rate this company and give them all zero's I would. If you have read all of the other negative reviews about the company, they are true to a T!. They only care about numbers, and make more money. They do not care about their employees. Management is lazy, and do nothing to help their employees, they are never in the office, and call you out of your name if you do something wrong. There is no overtime, and if you do get overtime you get yelled at. Benefits are a joke, they brain wash you with the thought of moving up in the company, and a positive work environment, which is a total lie. If you have the opportunity to accept another job please take, DO NOT APPLY HERE! And if you work here GET OUT! while you still can. This company is not worth it.
Cons
No lunch break, No overtime, Managment, Benefits
Poor mamagement
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 12, 2018
Each office is run differently, however, this is still corporate. Micromanaging and questioning every little thing was a daily occurance. As a BA I was pulled to the back to help out, then was asked why MY job wasn't done. Condescending bosses. Being told you need to curl your hair and wear more makeup (which I am pretty sure is illegal). And being yelled at daily for not having more new patients or other staff not clocking out fast enough at the end of the day when they still have so much work to do. All they care about are numbers. Not the patients nor the staff
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
Too many to list
Made changes for the better!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 25, 2018
I have worked for Heartland for 5 years and they have consistently been improving! They have created so many ways to help the team do their job more efficiently for a better work life balance. They will grow you if you show promise and initiative. This company is great for someone willing to do the job they were hired for with the care and compassion for the patients they see.
Pros
Growth, benefits, Ce, culture
Run!
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 24, 2018
I was an employee of Heartland Dental for almost 5 years. I experienced alot in those years. I thought NEO was a great experience and tool to get started off with. However, you start working in the practice and things become quite different very fast! Everything is scripted, you sound like a robot, Dr and team is never inalignment which keeps drama flowing. PA and RDOs have expectations so far out of touch from reality! Alot of them do not have dental backgrounds. I drank the koolaid until I couldn't stand it! Please don't fall in the trap they set. It's truely unreal. You become someone your not. They work you to death. The pay for what you do is absolutely ridiculous! I'd do a disservice to you telling you it's sunshine and rainbows. All jobs have pros and cons this one has more cons than I've ever been a part of. Wait until they have you call patients at 7 and 8 pm night! That one blows my mind to this day! Yes, you read that right! You will always be told you're ever good enough or practice isn't good enough to get bonuses and other things. It's pretty rough.....
Pros
New Employee Orientation
Cons
Benefits, pay, poor management, over worked, very stressful
Good pay and benefits, but unprofessional management
Business Assistant/Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2019
The pay and benefits do not make up for the hostile work environment management creates. The harassment from management makes for a very tense and stressing work atmosphere. The best part of the job is the patients.
Pros
Benefits, patient interaction
Cons
hostile work environment created from management
Run
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 25, 2018
Not a good place to work! Very poor leadership from PMO and dentists! PMO and dentist very messy love to start drama then use different verbiage to get you in trouble! I feel the are racist in the office!!!! Lie twist your words! All about numbers and that you can do better! Not positive at all nothing changes! Terrible raises, lie to you telling you this is what other offices pay including private practice ! High retention rate so that tells you something! It’s like a factory shoving ppl in and out!
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Everything else
Great Collaboration
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 15, 2018
Heartland Dental has the most collaborative and supportive environment I've experienced within my working career. Teamwork and patient care is the #1 priority for Heartland and their leadership team. They are constantly looking for ways to better the dental industry. Heartland Dental is also committed to identifying your strengths and using them the best way they can. Their ultimate goal is to successfully train and develop all of their employees to the best of their ability!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Collaboration, Development Opportunities
Cons
Travel, 401K
Fast-Paced Environment with Daily Variety
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Effingham, IL 62401July 24, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Heartland for the most part, it was a big adjustment for me going from being a server and on the move all day to being stuck at a desk for most of my shift. I was able to adjust to that but prefer more of a personal relationship with my customers. Answering for thousands of offices daily does not give you much of a chance to interact with and get to know your customers on a personal basis and that is one thing I have enjoyed most about my previous jobs.
Pros
Hours. Benefits. Pay.
Cons
Lack of Customer-Employee Relationship
Heartland Dental LLC
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work, started the day with a meeting, caring for patients, insurance claims and billing, answer phones, email, present treatment plans.
Pros
Great benefits, free dental
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Stay away if you love dentistry
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 20, 2018
Horrible management. Fake people. Long hours with no breaks. Conversions made on your lunch hour. High turnover of assistants and front desk. No positive feedback from management or dentists.
False promises. No room for advancement . Patient wait time is a joke. I was told numerous times that during meetings not to speak ( I always brought up concerning issues and that was not acceptable). Benefits were ok.
If you are a new dental assistant please keep this in mind, not all offices are this bad. Private practice is the BEST office to work in. Private practice truly cares about their employees and patients.
If you plan on working in corporate dentistry go ahead get the experience and then find a private office.
Pros
Medical benefits were ok. Attractive and modern office.
Cons
Poor manangement, very long days, no breaks............
Great Benefits happiness depends on staff
Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 5, 2019
Great company but lots of competition if you aren't the hyper fast paced know it all persona you may not fit in and progress in the company. Focused on bringing all patients back no matter what, you will have to call them.
Benefits
Cons
Clicky
Professional business with a team-oriented, fun and laid-back culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2018
The people are fun, culture is great, Advancement is encouraged in most areas/departments. Always been cutting edge in dentistry and now really working on being cutting edge as a whole company. Each supported office has a private practice feel to it. Dentist founded and dentist lead company is what I like the most about Heartland Dental.
Pros
full benefits; growth and advancement
Cons
Can be stressful
Get that money!
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2018
Every aspect is micro managed. If a doctor isn’t producing, they will fire the doctor and their entire team. They are 1000% all about the money even though their company motto and training states otherwise. Work late hours some days and even some weekends. No family/ work life balance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No freedom.
Fun and Productive
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I learned so much working here and was given so much opportunity and control over how my work day would go. They provide lots of training and benefits that would not only help with your current job but future positions as well.
not much to say
Insurance Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 28, 2018
After 4 years of being underpaid and overworked I was disciplined for continuously asking about a salary I was promised. I was promised classes to advance my career and I had not been to a class in 2 years.
Cons
no real lunch breaks
Corporate
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 20, 2018
Started prior to heartland purchasing the office. A LOT of growing pains through the ownership transition. Over promise, under deliver. Was encouraged to work towards a management position only to be told they would not be renewing the position when it becaus available. After 3 years was offered $0.28 cent per hour raise
Pros
Continued Education
Cons
Constant changes, pay
Great Company that invests in you
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  ILJune 15, 2018
Heartland Dental has given me so many great opportunities I would not have had with a private office. They give you the tools you need to learn and grow, it is up to you to use them to advance your career. I have a great leader/mentor that is always there for me and is my true advocate.
Pros
Growth, Benefits, Ce
Cons
Some days are challenging with work load, but worth it to give great patient care.
Growth potential remains strong.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Effingham County, ILJune 15, 2018
Great organization culture, built on solid core values. The people are hard working, honest and kind — you couldnt ask for more. Of course benefits could always be better, but that’s a small trade of for the satisfaction I get from my work. Growth potent potential is extremely high, as this is a quickly expanding business. We are market leader for a reason!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight