Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Typical day at work
FRONT OFFICE BUSINESS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 14, 2018
I love my office and the company! I could not say enough good things about it, but the expectation of the work that you are expected to do in the hours in the day that you have to do it is not always possible to achieve when you include the flow of patients in and out of the office. .
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Lack of communication, work life balance, and more work than paid to do
Management is horrible!!!!!!
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 8, 2018
I have over twenty five years of experience in the dental field and the office I was in was a joke due to the management. I have never been subjected to such child like behavior in a leader at an office before.
If Heartland Dental views this employee as management material,
they have some serious problems.
Pros
Cons
Office is not team orientated.
A negative environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
Heartland needs to be careful who they affiliate their company with because not every office is for the good and could very well leave them with a bad reputation. This office is negative, they don’t care about their employees at all!!! They need need to do a background check on most employees and doctors because the clearly they are on something. Truth. Management doesn’t care about anything but self. Place is horrible in my experience.
Pros
Work hours and pay
Cons
The entire office
Great Company that focuses on education
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2018
The culture is very inclusive and diverse(for the most part). I LOVED that they put SO much attention on education. They make you feel valued like you matter. The biggest downside on the admin side is that you will NOT be compensated for the amount of time and effort it takes to run the admin side. The founding CEO is so personable (I got to meet him at a training session).
Pros
culture
Cons
pay for Admin staff
Productive Steady Paced
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJune 26, 2018
A typical work day would include answering the phone and making appointments for patients and tending to their needs. Receiving Co Pays for patients appointments. Checking in and checking out patients for their dental appointment. Doing the end of the day by computer sending in necessary documents to home office, breaking down the money to complete the daily deposit. My workplace was very friendly and welcoming and I loved working with the patients and interacting with them.
Overall Company Review
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2018
I have had so many wonderful supervisors/managers. They have always been very supportive of me and have helped me grow myself professionally. That is truly Heartland's culture- we love feedback and working to better ourselves in communications, leadership and technical aspects. I love this about the company. I have worked with multiple departments and held three different roles- all the the co-workers I have worked with have been very nice and easy to get along with. We all support each other and help each other out as much as needed. Team work is always focused on within this organization. Every position in the company is very fast pace, you will never be bored working for Heartland Dental. If you are willing to work hard, you will have opportunities to grow with the company, but sometimes you do have to wait awhile for that right opportunity.
Pros
supervisors, flexibility, constantly growing company
Cons
no maternity leave pay, do not get a third week of vacation until you have worked 7 years
Corporate
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 20, 2018
Started prior to heartland purchasing the office. A LOT of growing pains through the ownership transition. Over promise, under deliver. Was encouraged to work towards a management position only to be told they would not be renewing the position when it becaus available. After 3 years was offered $0.28 cent per hour raise
Pros
Continued Education
Cons
Constant changes, pay
Feels like home
Field (Current Employee) –  KansasJune 20, 2018
I have worked for Heartland for almost seven years and have grown into several positions during my tenure. I love the vision and mission and I am proud to work for a company that practices what they preach.
Enthusiastic Company
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 20, 2018
Heartland Dental is very enthusiastic about what they do. They look for individuals who will be as equally enthusiastic. Pay is fair and work load is bearable.
Great Company that invests in you
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  ILJune 15, 2018
Heartland Dental has given me so many great opportunities I would not have had with a private office. They give you the tools you need to learn and grow, it is up to you to use them to advance your career. I have a great leader/mentor that is always there for me and is my true advocate.
Pros
Growth, Benefits, Ce
Cons
Some days are challenging with work load, but worth it to give great patient care.
Professional business with a team-oriented, fun and laid-back culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2018
The people are fun, culture is great, Advancement is encouraged in most areas/departments. Always been cutting edge in dentistry and now really working on being cutting edge as a whole company. Each supported office has a private practice feel to it. Dentist founded and dentist lead company is what I like the most about Heartland Dental.
Pros
full benefits; growth and advancement
Cons
Can be stressful
Growth potential remains strong.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Effingham County, ILJune 15, 2018
Great organization culture, built on solid core values. The people are hard working, honest and kind — you couldnt ask for more. Of course benefits could always be better, but that’s a small trade of for the satisfaction I get from my work. Growth potent potential is extremely high, as this is a quickly expanding business. We are market leader for a reason!
Great Collaboration
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 15, 2018
Heartland Dental has the most collaborative and supportive environment I've experienced within my working career. Teamwork and patient care is the #1 priority for Heartland and their leadership team. They are constantly looking for ways to better the dental industry. Heartland Dental is also committed to identifying your strengths and using them the best way they can. Their ultimate goal is to successfully train and develop all of their employees to the best of their ability!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Collaboration, Development Opportunities
Cons
Travel, 401K
Collaborative and engaging
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2018
Heartland Dental focuses on doing the right thing for the right reasons. This permeates the culture at Heartland Dental and allows for open discussions, collaboration and employee engagement at all levels.
The exponential growth of the company also allows for many career opportunities.
Cons
PTO package has room for improvement
Great patient focus and opportunity for personal and professional growth
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 12, 2018
Love the emphasis on helping the team and doctor provide the best care and customer service for their patient through continuing education. Offices are Doctor lead and have great systems in place.
Pros
Doctor lead, modern facility, patient focus
Summary
Business Assistant/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDJune 9, 2018
Great team atmosphere and great patient base. Even with a busy schedule we as a team still find ways to smile and encourage each other to make it through the day. Great doctors who are very knowledgeable in their field and are great teachers.
Poor Benefits
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2018
Time off is earned after one year and it is based on the hours you work. You can get UP TO 80 hours, and these are all you have to use for any missed work time such as Vacation, Sick Days, Office Closures, etc.
Pros
Free Dentistry
Company with great culture; opportunity is endless
Support Office Team Member (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 4, 2018
This company truly offers endless career opportunities. They are growing so quickly and it's been incredible to be a part of it. Like any fast-growing company, there are growing pains. But the leadership team is committed and always working to do the right things. You'll often hear the phrase, "work hard, work smart and work together." Knowing that you'll be rewarded for doing just that is great!
Heartland Dental
Business Assistant (BA) (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 26, 2018
Working for Heartland dental was definitely an adventure that I enjoyed; they sent us away for training to Illinois all expenses paid. They had continuing training for as long as you needed because they aimed for their employees to be successful.
Excellent work enviroment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 23, 2018
Great Team to work with.
They provide all the tools to success in the professional field.
They prioritize patient care
They incentive and promote their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight