Heartland Dental, LLC Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company, I truly did. I love that fact that you get to travel some as well. The role that I was in made me feel productive and that I was needed, However, the time that they discovered I had a learning disability, they were down right mean. They made me feel that I wasn’t competent enough for the role. I then lost confidence in myself, and started getting major anxiety.
Pros
Cons
No equal opportunities
I loved my coworkers
Business Assistant/Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, IL 62401November 7, 2018
Heartland is a goal driven company that only cares about the numbers and not the employees. Although I loved my office staff that I worked with our home office was in Illinois and we were just employee numbers to them and although we tried our best our office was closed after 5 years leaving us all without jobs.
Pros
Free Dental
Cons
Quantity over Quality when it comes to patient care
uncomfortable work environment
EDDA Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 2, 2018
It might have been a better experience for me, but the doctor I worked with was an egotistical Putz, and I could'nt stand him. was never given a fair shake. one of worst work experiences I've had in 32 years of doing this.
Only work here if you are desperate for a job
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 26, 2018
This was the absolute WORST job I have ever worked. Management, goals you had to meet being a clinical employee. Staff will throw you under the bus to make themselves look good. Don't trust anyone, even if they seem like they are your best friend.
Pros
free trip to Effingham
Cons
everything else
Made changes for the better!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 25, 2018
I have worked for Heartland for 5 years and they have consistently been improving! They have created so many ways to help the team do their job more efficiently for a better work life balance. They will grow you if you show promise and initiative. This company is great for someone willing to do the job they were hired for with the care and compassion for the patients they see.
Pros
Growth, benefits, Ce, culture
Not Patient Driven
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 22, 2018
Don't be fooled. Heartland will sell you a bill of goods that it is patient driven. Heartland is bottom line driven 100%. It's all about daily goals. While there are some individual dentist that care, many of them are under pressure to meet company goals. Often staff are at offices much longer than the dentist because they tend to leave very often.
Run Fast
Business Assistanr (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 14, 2018
After one month of working here I was expected to know everything there was to know I was told to not ask any questions and figure things out on my own. I was told it was the “Heartland Way” I hated it here. There is constant gossip and unattainable goals that no one could realistically meet. Just don’t if you have the skills for something else keep looking!
Pros
Great pay
Loved working for them
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 13, 2018
I would to work for them again if o Lt they had offices in Washington. They have the best communications training I think all company’s should do the same
Lack of support
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 12, 2018
Most training is done on their online system. There is something lost with the personal interaction during training. There’s little to no positive reinforcement and high expectations. Work/life balance is a struggle. Many people tell upper management they are fine but share with others In the same position that they are stressed and overwhelmed. They say that patients are the priority. That actually only seems to apply if you are making your goals: productions, collections, Invisalign and whitening sold, # of crowns sold, # treatment planned, etc. I love the mission and vision and what I interpreted to be the companies core values. Some offices are great. Others are dog eat dog. I actually enjoyed most of my time there. I enjoyed the patient interaction most.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, lack of support
Poor mamagement
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 12, 2018
Each office is run differently, however, this is still corporate. Micromanaging and questioning every little thing was a daily occurance. As a BA I was pulled to the back to help out, then was asked why MY job wasn't done. Condescending bosses. Being told you need to curl your hair and wear more makeup (which I am pretty sure is illegal). And being yelled at daily for not having more new patients or other staff not clocking out fast enough at the end of the day when they still have so much work to do. All they care about are numbers. Not the patients nor the staff
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
Too many to list
Strong culture
Dental Hygienist/ Hygiene Mentor (Current Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 1, 2018
Company mission and vision are aligned with excellent patient care, However, tendency to pressure in busy environment.
Too many management positions, direction can be unclear and frustrating.
Fun and Productive
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I learned so much working here and was given so much opportunity and control over how my work day would go. They provide lots of training and benefits that would not only help with your current job but future positions as well.
Opportunity for travel
Practice Administrator Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 18, 2018
This company start each day with a morning huddle to get teams and Dr's motivated for the new day. Focus on continuing education and and communication skills throughout their teams.
Pros
Classes were offered to help teams become better individuals
Cons
work and home life suffered due to amount of travel
Great place to work!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Working for this company really allows you to demonstrate your current skills while encouraging you to learning new skills. It’s great having an awesome support system and an wonderful environment!
Pros
Teaching environment!
Cons
Worst thing that happened to dentistry.
Dentist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 11, 2018
Don’t recommend this company to anyone, specially their new de novo offices. You have to work evenings, early mornings, Saturday’s and sit in what seems like endless meetings for a low pay. It’s a waste of time. They use your license to keep the office open and you get very little experience and no bonus! As soon as you get close to bonusing, they bring in another new doctor! So all that hard work to get yourself out of the hole and bonus goes to waste. And if you get a rude arrogant RDO, you’ll hate your life. They take an assistant and keep promoting them to higher management positions, as long as they show ability to bully the doctors. The heartland culture is a cult, you go to their meetings and you’ll be shocked by how their management acts the same and even says the same things and worships the CEO. No one cares about the pts or the drs. “Dr driven” is a lie. It’s all about making the company profit by doing unneeded work.
Cons
Low pay, low ethics, no values
Very rewarding , excels on professional growth
Supervisor for Affiliations Integration Team (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Heartland is an amazing Organization to work with.
On going opportunity for professional growth, fast paced, hard working individuals fill every position.
Constant and never ending changes which only make this company always on top of its market place!
My personal life has had changes that are having me look outside this organization for employment.
Pros
Esop, professional growth with continued classes
Cons
Some pay areas need to be adjusted appropriately to cost of living.
Quick Pace Offices
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2018
An improvement in the management of individual offices within this company would reduce the employee turnover rate. Promises of promotions are made, but never fulfilled.
They love money
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Newest office manager has no clue what she is doing and good doctors are few and far between. Because it is a corporation they are very motivated by money and not so much by patient care. The hours are ridiculous. 7-7 five days a week and 7 hour shifts EVERY Saturday. Closed on actual holiday but never days before or after.
Pros
pay
Cons
schedule, treatment of employees, lack of management
Corporate Dentistry
dentist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 5, 2018
The mission is to get return on investment for the private equity investor. That's it in a nut shell. Everything else is a charade to further that mission. You are working to make the rich richer. If you are ok with that, then you'll be happy and so will upper management.
Advancements
Practice Manager/Regional Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The company really invests a lot of internal training to promote employees from within. Lot of other great opportunities to grow with the company as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland Dental, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight