Heartland Dental, LLC
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Heartland Dental, LLC Pay & Benefits reviews

Initially there was an achievable bonus system. Then over time they constantly raised the bar to an unrealistic goal. Upper Management pushed policies that only reflected the bottom line.
Pros
The Learning Provided
Cons
Management Policies, Hours of Operation
Work day is very hectic and you have to constantly change focus and cover where staff is lacking. If you are fortunate enough to have a strong staff job is much easier and you are able to complete your own tasks and responsibilities. High turnover in many locations and nearly impossible to find good candidates to fill open positions and creates an unstable environment for staff and patients.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
The experience is very influenced by the doctor and office manager, and mine were both great. I was given a lot of autonomy and felt very respected by my doctor. I never felt micromanaged by anyone. Great systems that work throughout the entire company.
Pros
Great benefits, attainable goals, daily bonus structure
Cons
Very difficult to get the office to update and maintain instruments for hygienists.
It's literally like pulling teeth to get a raise. I was even advised by my PMO to put my two week notice in, just to get a raise approved, because you have to quit for them to consider giving you a decent raise. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile, everything we do is all about production, production, production $$$$. Like we're a dental factory. It's all about the pockets of the doctors and the corporation. And the doctors are always stressed out if they're not meeting the monthly/weekly/daily goals, even during a pandemic, because of all the pressure from corporate. Also, you can't simply request time off. You have to call other offices and find coverage, and it is difficult. I've never ever worked somewhere with that type of system before. There are many times I just choose to miss out on a special occasion because I can't find coverage. It shouldn't be that way.
Cons
Long hours, difficult to take time off, greedy corporation that doesn't value the employees.
- Compared to outside practice, the compensation is low. I was paid as a hygienist $32 hr (private was around $40) and annual raise is about 30-50 cents. - Work culture is production, production, production- They make you clean the bathrooms or kitchen- If schedule is slow they send you home
Pros
Benefits - Training and CE
Cons
Work under pressure, Little annual wage raise
Job seekers rely on your experience.
This company sucks i worked 2 years in this company to get a raise of only a couple cents. I was guaranteed I’d get a raise every 6 months but everytime i ask for one they avoid the topic. I have PTO hours and everytime i ask for a day off they tell me they can’t let me use my PTO. This company is a joke they are all about “work/life balance” when really that doesn’t exist. Also you’d be lucky if you even get a lunch break and out at a decent time.
Pros
Often times no support due to every position spread so thin. We've got to do everyone's else's job but our own, but still expected to have things completed and deadlines met. High stress, little to no reward. Pay is terrible compared to other companies. That's for all positions. People are leaving and going elsewhere. Sad to see how the culture has changed over the years. I'm hoping things get better. I do love what heartland stands for. The company strives for excellence, and stays true to their core values. Just need some help in the management Dept. Help from their support team, not just figure it out mentality. The offices run on high stress and energy. We've got to do better.
Pros
Room for advancement, benefits, leadership training
Cons
Culture has decreased over the years, salary, terrible increases
Constant drama and people with hurt feelings. Seems to be very focused on money. Very long days. Pay was good, but it really wasn’t worth it in the long run.
If you’re in a slow office, you’re stuck until you can quit your job. Company may misrepresent the office/withhold information in order to fill the job quickly. Have to give 90 day notice to quit and you can’t quit until you’ve worked 9 months. Also, the virtual CE is really underwhelming and unimpressive, and you can’t do certain CEs unless you hit certain production targets.
Pros
Health insurance is good.
Cons
Pay. No 401k matching.
Good managmentFlexible schedules Reasonable PayPaid Holidays Paid VacationGreat CoworkersFast PacedSupportive teamFamily work balanceInsurance available
This company is truly inclusive. They don’t hire people that know everything they hire the people that have good hearts and can be trained. You will have bad attitudes and laziness every where you go. As long as you decide for yourself what goals you have this company will match them. It is difficult sometimes to get the answers you need when there is a department for everything. Each department seems to be under staffed and it’s some times hard to get through to anyone. (Ex: IT department you could be on hold for an hour or more at any time.)
Pros
Insurance benefits, paid time off, inclusion
Cons
Departments for everything and each department is under staffed.
This company will throw you into a role with very little help, training, or guidance. Then when you ask how to do something (as a manager) they will tell you to ask other managers who will all give you different answers. Then when it isn't done correctly they will call you out for it. Several times. Because you have multiple bosses. I have seen managers let go because of poor "performance" even though the location was thriving and they were never properly trained for the position. The meetings are constant! Sometimes several Weekly meetings where you learn very little pertaining to your position. Mostly it is just to see which office they can pull staff from to help support other locations that are short staffed because the turn over is outrageous. Employees seem miserable. In every office I worked out in NC people seemed like they hated their jobs. Upper management constantly pushing for more more more. If you make goals they raise them the next month because that's how their drs and management make extra profit. They offer benefits whi h is rare for dental offices but do not match their 401k which they enroll u in automatically unless you call the actual vanguard company to have yourself removed. They are open in many locations from 7-7 several days a week or 7-6 and even some Saturdays. But the hourly staff can't have any over time and you only have so much in your budget for payroll so the location managers (pmo) gets to try to figure out how to staff all those hours without the correct amount of people. No work life balance at all. I worked over 50 hours a week often - more...
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
No support from supervisors. No work/life balance
Pray your practice never affiliates as your life will never be the same. No advancement if you come to the company through affiliation. 401K not matched. Bonuses impossible to ever get. They cut your hours constantly. You must have permission to use vacation pay if your forced to go home due to patients canceling. Every bad thing you hear about corporate healthcare look no further it is true. My salary due to hours constantly being cut and bonus program we were assured was being kept canceled within first year was $3000.-$4000 less per year after affiliation. Expected to train PMOs. Went through 3 RMOs and 3 PMOs in 3 years. Company made more money, but employees less. Experience so bad I left dental care after 18 years. Took 2 1/2 months to get an answer from home office regarding insurance fees, yet they get paid their % every month. Skeleton crew at home office so bills not paid in timely manner. Still have not received last paycheck. My last day was 12/28/20.
Pros
Free dental
Cons
Where do I begin?
They don’t care about life outside of work. If your last appointment is late and need to be converted to SRP they want you to even if it means leaving late and missing other obligations outside of work. Volunteering to do office things on weekends is not mandatory but very frowned upon if you don’t and will be brought ho in your review. You must request high rate when coming into company because your highest raise is 3%. Covid protocols are dependent on your doctors and not straight across the board.
Benefits
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Heartland exceeded my expectations and I would gladly work for them again in the future! Excellent benefits and a culture that cares. If you are looking for a comprehensive, supportive work environment this is it.
Pros
Benefits, mobility
Cons
Upper management not often present, tend to over promise with lack of follow through. Not all offices and doctors are supported the same consistently across the board.
Pros
Job stability, work life balance, networking
Cons
Upper management, salary
Heartland dental is known for their University Of Dentistry, no doubt on the level of training that’s offered. However it would be nice to have the work life balance as well as the compensation and matching 401K. Over all if you are looking for a company to take more care of it’s employees future; this isn’t it, but if you’re looking for a good start as a rookie fresh out of school; absolutely. The training offer is amazing as a stepping stone to further and fuel your career. I was with Heartland for 6 years and fell on hard times and took my 401K there was only $4,000 in it after 6 long years of service. I don’t believe that was a good thing for my future retirement because I was bursting my butt traveling, even to a different state at times working and training in different locations and the mileage program wasn’t all it cracked up to be; however they do compensate it though where as some company don’t. The compensation should be a little more considering all the employee task load. It’s not all totally bad it’s just all based on one’s perspective. I believe their employee benefit package could be a little better. Especially compensation in pay. At the time I was only making $18-19 per hour. That would be decent for someone who’s in a more stable position, with a work life balance. Sometimes we wouldn’t even get a full hour lunch or have the time to use the bath room.Late evenings, sometimes one Saturday a month. Not to mention all the modules you’d have to do from home because you simply don’t have enough time in the day at work to do them. After 18 years of dentistry, - more...
Pros
Gift certificates
Cons
No work life balance.
January 18, 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use your feedback as we continue to improve.
At Heartland I feel great amount of support at all times. I am always being offered opportunities to grow myself, A family environment. Great values and mission as a company .
Pros
family culture, learning opportunities, room to advance
Cons
compensation is a bit low in my opinion
January 18, 2021
We believe one of our biggest assets is our people, so thank you for being a dedicated member of our Heartland Dental network. There is always room for improvement, and we're always looking for ways we can do better. Thank you for your feedback.
I can't say I didn't learn. However, I read reviews left by former employees before accepting the job. In the first three days I felt apprehensive because I was starting to see it come to life. If you are what they are looking for you will do fine. I mean looking for in literal terms. High turn around. I feel like it can be a great company for anyone in management or doctors. Assistants not so much. Every one has a different experience, and I am very upset that mine matched the reviews I had read prior to accepting the position.
Pros
Free lunches, paid training
Cons
Was not offered benefits, high turnover
January 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience at one of our supported offices. Our goal is to provide positive, proactive environments for our employees to thrive. We are committed to making changes where necessary and will consider your feedback.
if you aren't ready to drink the koolaid ….don't waste your time. All demand and little praise and pathetic bonuses/incentive. Pretty unrealistic environment and only care about bottom-line.
January 11, 2021
We're disappointed to hear about your experience at one of our supported offices. We strive to create a comfortable and positive environment for all our employees. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use your feedback as we continue to improve.
If you want a place to just work for the time being this may be an okay job for you. If you have a passion for people and and a positive attitude you can do whatever you want. This company cares about people. All people. They will make sure you’re taken care of and included. If your goals are to grow they have room! It’s all about your why— they match your commitment level.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, great management, fast paced and will always challenge you.
Cons
Fast paced and will always challenge you.
December 21, 2020