Heartland ECSI Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Senior Technical Support Advocate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 12, 2018
Heartland ECSI is an equal opportunity employer. The provide in-depth internal training and advancement. The have great benefits. I enjoy the people that I work with.
productive helpful workplace
Customer Service Advocate- Sr. Live Chat (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJuly 24, 2018
We had fun days that the fun committee organized from time to time. We helped students with their student loans. Excellent management and career path.
Pros
career path
Cons
short lunch
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 11, 2018
Great place to work, however you get many different answers for one question. Not everyone on the same page. Awesome benefits and paid holidays no weekends.
Pros
Weekends off, flexible schedule
Cons
Not everyone on the same page
Horrid Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 9, 2018
Management at Heartland lacks everything management should be. It’s degrading to be an employee here. Employees are lazy, and management only punishes good working employees.
Too much workload put on phone staff resulting in poor customer service
Student Loan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 22, 2018
The inbound call staff takes the brunt of all technical, processing and procedural issues. First line management (Team Leads) are helpful. The actual managers, however, do not seem to have an understanding of the call flow or the issues that confront the inbound call staff.

The sales team has brought on many new clients (colleges, trade schools, and universities) without having the call center staff to handle the inbound calls. The net impact is that ECSI has long call queues resulting in unhappy borrowers on the phone.

Additional problems involve communication of processing, loan transfers and web site usage. These communication issues can be easily resolved by management, but management does not seem to want to confront these issues nor to address these issues. They leave it to the customer service representatives to address these issues...even though they do not have the authority to do so.

The net impact is reduced morale and increasing turnover.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, too many clients for staff to handle.
Poor management
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Payroll department is okay, fast paced, but great people to work with. Good team environment.

Tax department is awful. No training and management is rude and arrogant.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Terrible, immature managers.
A company that doesn't believe in it's employee(s)
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 24, 2017
They will nickel and dime you during promotion time and your annual raise. Overtime was forced and a constant, especially in salary roles. Requesting "comp" time was offensive to upper management.

They stopped allowing supervisors to take time to meet with their employees and even back when they used to do them it was monthly for 30 min, all QA and one-sided. It's a step up from food service roles or retail but it's the lowest of office jobs.
na
Servicing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 14, 2018
manager changes her mind often and I do not get told the same thing twice one minute I hear one thing the next I hear another and she is always on me about my time knowing that I am a single mother of 2 and have to pick my child up from school
Stressful
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Need more a lot of training before you are put by yourself. They lack in that area 100% They never give any raises but they will give you a bonus at the beginning of each year along with a nice Christmas Party.
Good experience, but not long term career destination
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAFebruary 17, 2016
I was provided the freedom to grow into my role at Heartland ECSI, however the job security/advancement is based as much on the social office dynamics as it is the quality/quantity of work.

The hardest part of the job is resource management, as there are many product lines and few resources to support the maintenance and development.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a few very spirited and dedicated individuals.
Pros
Decent base salary
Cons
Job security and bonus compensation are not guarantee
Do your job
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 4, 2018
If you do your job and keep to yourself you will do fine there. do not get caught into the drama which like any call center there is a lot of it. just go and do what you are hired to do and you can advance.
Heartland ECSI
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  100 Globalview DriveMarch 20, 2017
Work atmosphere is friendly. I learn new things everyday. Management is helpful when I have questions. I enjoy being able to multi task and do more then one thing at a time. It is sometimes overwhelming but I do get help from my coworkers when I need it.
Pros
Being able to not have a work uniform and being able to help others when it is needed
Cons
short breaks and non flexible shifts
Good Place To Work
Customer Service Rep/Programming Intern (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2016
This company has a lot to offer. The people are always positive, the management is relaxed and the hours are not crazy.
There is room to move up within the company. And it is casual dress.
Pros
weekends off and decent pay
Cons
Short breaks
Scumbags
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 9, 2017
Try to rip off people, leave customers on hold and take 45 min smoking breaks. Lazy staff. Have a do not care approach. Basically sit around most of the day trying to look busy
It is okay
Production Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 19, 2017
The job gets boring very fast . They also don't always do what they say they are going to do. They take forever to do things, but you get lost in the mix
Nice company to work for
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJanuary 6, 2016
I liked the company. It was a nice company to work for. They were very friendly there. Hardest part of the job was not enough compensation for the commute.
Productive and laid back work environment.
Graphic Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJanuary 31, 2015
For this position I work in the marketing department and I am responsible for designing and creating graphics and visual communication for internal and external collateral, documents and websites including but not limited to marketing brochures, presentations, advertisements, print media, online media, web pages, and other marketing collateral.

I work with employees in the office, outside the office, other branches, and clients to determine the purpose. message, and vision of a project(s) and how to best convey that in the most effective way.

The work environment is very laid back and easy going. My team is easy to work with and pleasant to be around. I'm am provided opportunities to resources, such as Lynda.com and more to learn and expand on my skills set.

The hardest part of my job is convincing my supervisor to make changes to our website. Currently they use Adobe Muse to build and update their website. I have tried to several times to convince them to transform the website over to a CMS and update it to be responsive. This subject continues to get delayed or rejected. My supervisor insist on staying with Muse.

I enjoy developing and designing websites and would like the opportunity to show my capabilities and allow them to grow. I am looking for an experience that will challenge my abilities and to be able to learn from others who are more experienced.
Pros
Flexible hours, provides activities once a month to show employee appreciation, salary pay
Cons
Does not challenge me to further develop my web skills.