Heartland ECSI

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Decent Place to Work

This is like any other call center job. It has it's ups and downs. Nice people and a great manager in NC location make it a bit better. You get out of it what you put in to it.

Pros

Events and Employee Recognition Help.

Cons

Can be stressful during these uncertain times but there are more good days than bad days.

No advancement opportunities

Not diverse at all. Very sexist & racist. Bullying & harassment are tolerated. Theft of ideas is common practice. Worthless raises. No advancement.

Its a job

Call center atmosphere, learned to never tell anyone even the bosses my goals for there, management has no idea what they are doing, only one team lead there knows his job and is willing to help, the culture there is who can step on someone to move up, hardest part of the job is trusting anyone there, best part of the job is punching out

Had to get out

I used to love working here, people were nice and friendly. Benefits and pay is not bad. I think you should get extra $ for all the skills you have to learn. There is a lot of favouritism and no room for Career advancement, unless you know someone. Work is barely recognized unless your a favorite. It's sad to have a great place to work but has a high turnover rate because of management and over bs there.

The company needs management that truly understands call center metrics

The management team doesn’t embrace true employee development. The general manager seems to be attempting to learn as he goes, not really understanding how call center operations work.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Large disconnect between Heartland and parent company, Global Payments. Large, unattached, unsympathetic system where much is missed.

Though there are many, one huge disconnect between Heartland Payment Systems and Global Payments (to which Heartland is a subsidiary) is the fact that employees’ payrolls are frequently skipped. And it doesn’t stop there. Employee elected benefits are often improperly submitted to Global. In my case, I had confirmation of my benefit enrollment well before deadline. Pay was actually deducted from my already lower-than-expected check for benefits. This was from a direct deposit that followed a missing payroll, leaving me with less income than expected again AND without anticipated health coverage for scheduled appointments I attended. After spending much time having to contact several people, it seemed Heartland could do nothing until some unknown person at Global responded. This took weeks and much time away from the field to amend, and still never completely resolved. The same scenarios occurred two enrollment periods in a row. Missing an expected direct deposit is especially brutal in the life of outside sales reps here. This is a commission-only role, and -ironically- the company offers Payroll plus other business services to local SMB sectors, nationwide. The Payroll Rep sales cycle can be quite long. Therefore, direct deposits are eagerly anticipated and relied upon to be on time. Heartland Payment Systems is owned by its larger parent company, Global Payments, which is completely separate yet handles the payroll and benefit enrollments for Heartland. What this creates for Heartland employees is a very large, unattached, unsympathetic system where individuals' -

Pros

Attending meetings in nice offices of those receiving regular pay on time + more bnfts for less cost

Cons

Outside B2B rep is W2 yet must use home office + personal supplies/Internet/auto & gas, Company does not reimburse for home office/car/gas or personal supplies used, Outside Sales Employees cannot properly write expenses off due to Company claiming as W-2, Company known to miss paychecks, Reps experiencing skipped payroll must contact many people to ensure pay still no complete resolve, Work for free until out-of-state Closing Department completes its process & releases pay, Company promises benefits but employees & families are kept waiting on broken promises, Income deducted from pay for benefits not received, Company has bias and unequal benefit offerings, Outside sales receive less benefits at higher costs than those with provided offices and regular pay

Easy Work, terrible environment

This Job is not particularly difficult job to do, the day to day is pretty consistent, and is overall rather enjoyable work. The main issue is the management. Management is extremely lacking in this company. you see more often than not, that the hardest, most dedicated employees are always the first to be punished, where as the employees that are consistently in the wrong, are never reprimanded. This is the only company i've ever worked in, where the supervisors are not able to do the day to day work. They were hired as supervisors and never worked the job they are supervising, which means they are not able to assist with any questions and cannot help when the business calls for all hands on deck. When there is an issue, more so than not, they just try to distract you with something new and exciting as opposed to fixing the problem.

Pros

set schedule, good benefits

Cons

Poor management

Decent job

Great benefits package including PTO, Healthcare, 401K, Stock options, paid holidays. Monthly fun committee activities. High stress.Upper management has great ideas for company growth. Immediate management lacking in experience.

Benefits

Cons

Borderline discriminatory activities

Truth

Heartland ECSI is the worst company I have ever worked for, people quit every week. If a person is still working at ECSI they only have one income and they have no other choice. ECSI made me stronger to do the best I can do so I can apply for a much better job. The 3 new managers ECSI hired know nothing about what we do here at ECSI they worked with the hiring manager from his last job.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Terrible pay

Horrible Place - Felt Like a Sweat Shop

Lack of training, even with training webinars they do not provide the best training. You start with no payroll experience and they build you with 275 plus accounts, a grip load of needy TLC accounts. You are in a call center environment, are expected to handle your accounts plus what you get in a queue. Then others are out or on PTO and you have to cover their base. Management do not help at all. Upper manangement has their doors closed all the time, one doesn't know anything about payroll and the director is not approachable and has his little pets. I am still working here, but I had no experience and I am close to 2 years with the company, I plan to dip out. You are stressed out, Can't get overtime without explaining exactly why you need it, then if you are approved, you get like 15 minutes. Some of the newer supervisors are somewhat cool, but they don't have the professional etiquette and the things they say should be reported to HR. You get anxiety and they tend to always lose their best employees or wear them out, making us all miserable. Low paying, I saw other competitive companies and they pay way more. As I said, get experience and leave. Their raises are ridiculous. Keep you 40 cents if you're lucky

Pros

Pto

Cons

Everything, workload, management, blacked out days

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Heartland ECSI?

Well.. was good but everything comes to an end

Joyful, until I was replaced. Was put in the position worked until 8pm. Then when others got their credentials was told I was no longer needed. Users? possibly. Glad I walked out when I did.

Pros

It was a great opportunity, thank you I learned alot

Cons

the supervisor I had was kinda one sided. He had people stalking me.

na

manager changes her mind often and I do not get told the same thing twice one minute I hear one thing the next I hear another and she is always on me about my time knowing that I am a single mother of 2 and have to pick my child up from school

Great company to work for.

Heartland ECSI is an equal opportunity employer. The provide in-depth internal training and advancement. The have great benefits. I enjoy the people that I work with.

Great place to work, however you get many different answers for one question. Not everyone on the same page. Awesome benefits and paid holidays no weekends.

Pros

Weekends off, flexible schedule

Cons

Not everyone on the same page

Horrid Place To Work

Management at Heartland lacks everything management should be. It’s degrading to be an employee here. Employees are lazy, and management only punishes good working employees.

productive helpful workplace

We had fun days that the fun committee organized from time to time. We helped students with their student loans. Excellent management and career path.

Pros

career path

Cons

short lunch

Too much workload put on phone staff resulting in poor customer service

The inbound call staff takes the brunt of all technical, processing and procedural issues. First line management (Team Leads) are helpful. The actual managers, however, do not seem to have an understanding of the call flow or the issues that confront the inbound call staff. The sales team has brought on many new clients (colleges, trade schools, and universities) without having the call center staff to handle the inbound calls. The net impact is that ECSI has long call queues resulting in unhappy borrowers on the phone. Additional problems involve communication of processing, loan transfers and web site usage. These communication issues can be easily resolved by management, but management does not seem to want to confront these issues nor to address these issues. They leave it to the customer service representatives to address these issues...even though they do not have the authority to do so. The net impact is reduced morale and increasing turnover.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Management, too many clients for staff to handle.

Poor management

Payroll department is okay, fast paced, but great people to work with. Good team environment. Tax department is awful. No training and management is rude and arrogant.

Pros

Pay and benefits are good

Cons

Terrible, immature managers.

Stressful

Need more a lot of training before you are put by yourself. They lack in that area 100% They never give any raises but they will give you a bonus at the beginning of each year along with a nice Christmas Party.

Do your job

If you do your job and keep to yourself you will do fine there. do not get caught into the drama which like any call center there is a lot of it. just go and do what you are hired to do and you can advance.

A company that doesn't believe in it's employee(s)

They will nickel and dime you during promotion time and your annual raise. Overtime was forced and a constant, especially in salary roles. Requesting "comp" time was offensive to upper management. They stopped allowing supervisors to take time to meet with their employees and even back when they used to do them it was monthly for 30 min, all QA and one-sided. It's a step up from food service roles or retail but it's the lowest of office jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland ECSI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

Compare Heartland ECSI with

• Heartland ECSI
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?