Heartland ECSI

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Its a job

Call center atmosphere, learned to never tell anyone even the bosses my goals for there, management has no idea what they are doing, only one team lead there knows his job and is willing to help, the culture there is who can step on someone to move up, hardest part of the job is trusting anyone there, best part of the job is punching out

No advancement opportunities

Not diverse at all. Very sexist & racist. Bullying & harassment are tolerated. Theft of ideas is common practice. Worthless raises. No advancement.

Had to get out

I used to love working here, people were nice and friendly. Benefits and pay is not bad. I think you should get extra $ for all the skills you have to learn. There is a lot of favouritism and no room for Career advancement, unless you know someone. Work is barely recognized unless your a favorite. It's sad to have a great place to work but has a high turnover rate because of management and over bs there.

The company needs management that truly understands call center metrics

The management team doesn’t embrace true employee development. The general manager seems to be attempting to learn as he goes, not really understanding how call center operations work.

Decent job

Great benefits package including PTO, Healthcare, 401K, Stock options, paid holidays. Monthly fun committee activities. High stress.Upper management has great ideas for company growth. Immediate management lacking in experience.

Benefits

Cons

Borderline discriminatory activities

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Truth

Heartland ECSI is the worst company I have ever worked for, people quit every week. If a person is still working at ECSI they only have one income and they have no other choice. ECSI made me stronger to do the best I can do so I can apply for a much better job. The 3 new managers ECSI hired know nothing about what we do here at ECSI they worked with the hiring manager from his last job.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Terrible pay

Well.. was good but everything comes to an end

Joyful, until I was replaced. Was put in the position worked until 8pm. Then when others got their credentials was told I was no longer needed. Users? possibly. Glad I walked out when I did.

Pros

It was a great opportunity, thank you I learned alot

Cons

the supervisor I had was kinda one sided. He had people stalking me.

Great place to work, however you get many different answers for one question. Not everyone on the same page. Awesome benefits and paid holidays no weekends.

Pros

Weekends off, flexible schedule

Cons

Not everyone on the same page

Horrid Place To Work

Management at Heartland lacks everything management should be. It’s degrading to be an employee here. Employees are lazy, and management only punishes good working employees.

productive helpful workplace

We had fun days that the fun committee organized from time to time. We helped students with their student loans. Excellent management and career path.

Pros

career path

Cons

short lunch

Too much workload put on phone staff resulting in poor customer service

The inbound call staff takes the brunt of all technical, processing and procedural issues. First line management (Team Leads) are helpful. The actual managers, however, do not seem to have an understanding of the call flow or the issues that confront the inbound call staff. The sales team has brought on many new clients (colleges, trade schools, and universities) without having the call center staff to handle the inbound calls. The net impact is that ECSI has long call queues resulting in unhappy borrowers on the phone. Additional problems involve communication of processing, loan transfers and web site usage. These communication issues can be easily resolved by management, but management does not seem to want to confront these issues nor to address these issues. They leave it to the customer service representatives to address these issues...even though they do not have the authority to do so. The net impact is reduced morale and increasing turnover.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Management, too many clients for staff to handle.

Stressful

Need more a lot of training before you are put by yourself. They lack in that area 100% They never give any raises but they will give you a bonus at the beginning of each year along with a nice Christmas Party.

Do your job

If you do your job and keep to yourself you will do fine there. do not get caught into the drama which like any call center there is a lot of it. just go and do what you are hired to do and you can advance.

A company that doesn't believe in it's employee(s)

They will nickel and dime you during promotion time and your annual raise. Overtime was forced and a constant, especially in salary roles. Requesting "comp" time was offensive to upper management. They stopped allowing supervisors to take time to meet with their employees and even back when they used to do them it was monthly for 30 min, all QA and one-sided. It's a step up from food service roles or retail but it's the lowest of office jobs.

It is okay

The job gets boring very fast . They also don't always do what they say they are going to do. They take forever to do things, but you get lost in the mix

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heartland ECSI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5