Heartland Health Centers Employee Reviews

Horribly disappointed
Residential instructor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 22, 2019
After 4 years of employment I can say it was by far the most difficult job I've ever had. Management in HHC do not have proper training and can be severely over bearing. From the perspective of a residential instructor I was overwhelmed with being in a classroom with numerous amounts of children. The material used a chalkboard and chalk. There is s lack of everything. You may enter work that day and be s youth care worker, or serve lunch, or change diapers. The children's ages ranged from 2-17. You never knew what group you would receive or from what country. So imagine being in a lockdown facility with participants at different ages, levels, languages and being told now figure it out. Exhausting, overwhelming, and a lack of support at best. Quick staff turn over. And the meetings ever month that last 2 plus hrs that begin once your shift is over is just enough to make you hate this place. Trust me pay is great, if you plan on living with your parents for a life time!!!
What a wonderful healthcare experience inside and out
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
Overall I had a wonderful experience (good and bad) working here it taught me about myself a lot. I met a lot of wonderful people from co workers, to patients. It felt good to be able to help! Weather it was to schedule an appointment or taking that extra step to let them know that I cared. I truly appreciate every single person I came in contact with while I was employed here.
N/a
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
Great place to work.The patients are great as well and seem to really enjoy the services the received, The employees are helpful and seem to enjoy what they do.
productive
Supervising Licensed Clinician-School Based (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 30, 2015
Excellent, compassionate company. Budgetary restrictions make our jobs at risk, so pursuing more employment. See students per their school period.
Cons
no student to see on breaks.
HHC offers great benefits
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2014
While I do enjoy the great benefits of working at HHC there needs to be a change in management and how organizational policies are enforced. For example, a recent policy for attendance was to be issued in 5/2014 where it was stated that if a staff member called in or had an attendance problem there would be a step by step write up process. Before the policy was enforced staff in the HHC were getting written up with the statement that this policy was retroactive 12 months. Due to having a UNION it was possible to clear staff records and remove the write up or need for improvement.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Policies/ Preferential Treatment with Staff