Heartland Employee Reviews

Salaried worker at Heartland
PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
I was paid on salary so I received the same amount of money regardless of the miles. I was home weekly usually on the weekends. After several years, I was seeking a position that would allow me to have a better work/home life balance.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Work/home life balance
Great job
CERTIFIED NURSING AIDE (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJune 29, 2018
Heartland was my employer for over two years. I enjoyed my overall experience. Employees as well as clients were exceptional people. I would recommend this job for new and experienced cnas
Worst company I ever worked for
Home Health & Hospice Care RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 28, 2018
The management is horrible, pay is the lowest I have ever had, and work life balance the worst. They would pressure the nurses to admit patients who are not homebound thus not eligible for home health under the Medicare policy. They told us that as long as they have insurance and a warm body, they are game. Micromanagement is at its worst and they do not treat their staff well. They belittle you and do not give you a chance to learn or grow. Do yourself a favor. Run.
Staff turn over and lack of advancement from within
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 13, 2018
A typical workday starts with no calls no shows and short staffing. I learned the importance of protecting my license when corporate policy conflicts with my practice act. The management is ok locally but otherwise, I cannot speak about. The culture there is negative and uncertain, there is what I call workplace bullying. Instances reported you never know the outcomes. The hardest part of my job is giving a coworker an assignment that I would not take myself. The most enjoyable part is the patients.
Horrible company to work for
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2018
The company lies about benefits and advancement to entice you into a false sense of hope. There is no structure or training programs to encourage growth. The internal support is fractured and misinformation is presented daily making sales leveraging difficult. Operations at a local level is nonexistent and sales territories are not protected for sales staff. Merchants that are onboarded are treated well however the sales process is encouraged to take advantage of them with rate manipulation that prevents client retention. Support for merchants is excellent.
No Comment
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2018
working for Heartland is challenging outside sales position, if you work hard and have a Great manager on your side you will do well. If you do not have a book of business or contacts in the field you may not succeed
Enjoyed residents
Aide/Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJune 3, 2018
management was bad, the nurses and didnt truly care about their patients
the hours were varied
pay wasnt worth the stress
they didnt really have a set schedule
Pleasant place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2018
Clean facility. I really enjoyed working at this facility.
Staff was pleasant to work with. Managemnt / leadership often showed appeciaion to the staff.
Pros
Staff knew that they were appreciated
Cons
N/a
Under staffed
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wauseon, OHMay 10, 2018
In the two heartlands I have worked in they have been understaffed and nurses do not assist. I have heard great things about others but have not worked there to know if it is true or not.
Horrible
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2018
Expected to work 10+ hours a day. No compensation for exempt employees working over 40 hours a week. No leadership and poor management. Lack of commitment to employees, no employee morale.
Pros
Keep Scrolling...Terrible company to work for.
General Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 22, 2018
Poor facility to work for and the management is really bad. Employees work short everyday and almost everyone has a terrible story to tell. Heartland is a revolving door when it comes to employees and the turn over rate is ridiculous. Don't waste your time applying for this company.
License on the line
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Point, OHMarch 18, 2018
Every day was stressful, fast-paced, high acuity patients, high nurse/patient ratio. Being a supervisor while being a difficult skilled hall, managing all problems in the facility during your shift and being responsible for all IV medication administrations in the facility during your shift. Had to be in too many places at one time to be safe and effective.
Pros
hmmm
Cons
unsafe working conditions
Magazine Account Services
Help Desk Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAFebruary 23, 2018
Sales, Collections, Technology and Manager Accounts Operations. Multiple services went into this company and leadership developed to increase my own growth.
no review
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 21, 2018
I really don't have a review to state. I didn't work there long. I did like the employees there. Didn't like the management however. There could be improvement there.
Fun
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Very nice people enjoyed the place of work. Really didn't like the moving and traveling from place to place I was promoted many times in this job. Love it.
Cons
401k, polite people, great atmosphere
Nice people hard work
Labor (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNFebruary 14, 2018
The people are very nice and respectful if you need any help the people will help you if you don’t understand something the manager will pull you aside and show you how to do it at your own pace.
management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 25, 2018
we have many patients but not enough time to spend with each. I've learned to manage all my patients in a timely manner. the hardest part is when you need help there's no one to help.
Poor work.
Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 9, 2018
Stressful is not even the word when it comes to this job. I would never work for a place that has there co-workers smoking crack and meth in the men's room.
Decent Place to Work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
1. Typical Day - Wake up around 8am attend conferences if any, reach out to clients, visit clients, and email responses.
2. What I learned - Heartland comp structure is the best
3. Managment - great
4. Workplace culture - there is none all home based
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 15, 2017
I loved working there. The management staff was great with the employees. The family loved coming into to see the employees. It felt like family there.